University of Georgia: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1785, the University of Georgia is a public research university located in Athens, United States which is known for its focus on research. It is one of the oldest public universities and a renowned name in the US Education System with some 24 Rhodes Scholars and 7 Gates Cambridge Scholars to its credit.
Chartered by the Georgia General Assembly, the organization is a preferred choice among international applicants looking to study in the USA and currently enrolls nearly 38,920 (fall 2019) brightest minds from across the world. The institute offers a plethora of courses across its main campus located in Athens, Georgia which comprises 17 schools and colleges.
University of Georgia admissions are kept under the category of "Highly Selective" and are offered in the seasonal intakes of Fall and Spring for the majority of its programs. Observing an acceptance rate of 54% and a high graduate employment rate of 96% makes the institute all the more fascinating and approachable.
University of Georgia Rankings
|#401-500 in World University Ranking||Times Higher Education 2021|
|#149 in US College Ranking||Times Higher Education 2021|
|#47 in National Universities||US News 2021|
|#107 in Best Values Schools||US News 2021|
|#15 in Top Public Schools||US News 2021|
|#55 in Best Undergraduate Teaching||US News 2021|
|#191 in Top Performers on Social Mobility||US News 2021|
|#23 in Best Colleges for Veteran||US News 2021|
|College Type||Public Research School|
|Parent University||University System of Georgia|
|Annual Endowment||$1.36 billion|
|Location||Athens, Georgia, USA|
|Enrollment||38,920 UG: 29,848 PG: 9072|
|Mode of Program||Full-time, Part-time, Online|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Grants, Bursaries.|
|Helpdesk||Tel: (706) 542-3000 Email: www.uga.edu|
University of Georgia Courses
University of Georgia offers a wide range of courses in various fields ranging from Arts to Sciences and Business. Most of its programs have research as their primary factor at the root of all its curriculum.
The University has 17 departments with some faculties serving specializations in courses like Forestry and Natural Resources, Public and International Affairs, Ecology, Family and Consumer Sciences etc. The institute also offers doctoral degrees, graduate degrees and postgraduate degrees, apart from certain specialisations.
The popular courses available at the institute include finance, business, biological sciences and psychology. Except any lingual courses, all the courses are taught in English.
Top Programs in the University of Georgia
University of Georgia Campus
The main campus of the university is located in Athens and is spread over 762 acres which consists of 465 buildings. Apart from this, the institute is also spread in 31 Georgia counties over almost 40,000 acres.
- The North Campus features some of the oldest places, and hence is also listed in the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. The buildings used for classrooms, offices etc are actually centuries old buildings.
- The South Campus houses several science and mathematics departments, several athletic facilities, and 3 professional schools: College of Pharmacy, College of Veterinary Medicines, and College of Engineering.
- The Central Campus is where all the activity takes place, it is the heart of all student activity, year-round, and some of the most widely used buildings are in this campus. The Central Campus is the hub of activity, and features Museum of Art, UGA golf course, and State Botanical Garden of Georgia. This campus also features resident halls which are apartment sized.
- The Health Sciences Campus has a very rich history in the Athens community. It houses the AU/UGA Medical Relationship, College of Public Health, and other health-related programs.
University of Georgia Housing facilities
The institute offers on-campus accommodation across a total of 27 residencies which are fully-furnished with all the basic facilities like air conditioners, Wi-Fi, cable television and high speed Internet access. Common areas also include meeting rooms, kitchens, computer labs, lounges and laundry rooms.
Out of these, the residence apartments are Brandon Oaks, Busbee Hall, Kenny Road, McGowan Road, McWhorter Hall, Rogers Road, Rooker Hall, University Village and Vandiver Hall. All of these are co-ed, and have 24/7 visitation.
The housings which are double with community bath are Biggs Hall, Brumby Hall, Church Hall, Creswell Hall, Hill Hall, Lipscomb Hall, Mary Lyndon Hall, Mell Hall, Morris Hall, Myers Hall, Payne Hall, and Russell Hall. All of them, except Hill Hall which is only for females, are co-ed. And all of them, except Mary Lyndon Hall, Myers Hall, and Payne Hall which have 24/7 visitation, have restricted visitation.
The double with bath type residencies are Building 1516, Reed Hall, and Rutherford Hall. All of them are co-ed and have 24/7 visitation.
University of Georgia Admission Process
Taking admission at the university is not easy considering the fact that approximately half of the students who apply at the institute actually get enrolled.
How to Apply?
Application Fee: 85 USD.
Basic Admission Requirements:
- Academic Transcripts of high school.
- SAT/ACT scores
- Secondary school report/counselor recommendation, teacher/other letter of recommendation.
- English language proficiency test scores like TOEFL or equivalent.
The deadlines for various courses may vary. Some of the upcoming deadlines are as follows:
|Season of Intake||Decision Type||Deadline|
|Fall 2020||Early decision||October 15|
|Fall 2020||Regular Decision||January 1|
|Spring 2021||Regular Decision||August 15|
University of Georgia Cost of Attendance
Since it is advisable that applicants make a pre plan of the expenses they will incurring as students of the university, an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US is compiled as follows:
The fee for course varies as per level and type of program. The average tuition fee for fall 2019 and spring 2020, however, is as mentioned below.
Undergraduate: 28,830 USD
Graduate: 8,716 USD
Cost of living
List of expenses to be considered other than the basic tution fee is as tabulated below.
|Type of Expenditure||Cost (In USD, per year)|
|Books & Supplies||990|
|Room||4,356 to 6,278|
|Other Living Expenses||2,80 to 3,3862|
Scholarship by University of Georgia
The institute offers a diverse range of scholarships for international students to study in the USA. Studentships provided can be academic, need-based, as well as combined. Some of the awards offered by the university are as follows:
The University of Georgia has been the nation’s top producers of Rhodes Scholars since the last 20 years and proudly stands as one of the best value schools in public higher education in the country. With high chances of landing employment and ending up with low debts on completion of the course makes the institute a worthwhile pursuit.
|Foundation Fellowships (30 scholarships annually)||GPA of 3.9 along with strongacademic achievement and accomplishment in co-curricular activities||Upto $40,000 or more.|
|Presidential Leadership Scholarship (40-45 students)||GPA of 3.0 or above along with strong academic achievement and accomplishment in co-curricular activities||$3,000 (renewable)|
|Classic Scholarship||Out-of-state residents with GPA of 3.0 or above and good academic standing||Upto $10,000 per year|
|The Centre of Undergraduate Research (CURO)||Incoming outstanding first-years to encourage research on undergraduate level||Upto $3,000|
|Annexstad Family Foundation Scholarships||Merit-basis||$5,000 per year|
- For financial aid students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to determine their eligibility for Federal financial aid that includes Federal grant, loan, or work-study assistance.
University of Georgia Placement
- University of Georgia has a career center for its students, graduates, and alumni fully dedicated to providing aid and guidance for their careers.
- From exploring career to counseling, developing skills and interest, preparing a resume, cover letters, the career canter assists in all.
- Candidates are guided from the start by offering them templates and resources in harnessing their skills, help in the application form, and such along with professional guidance and expertise.
- The university also partners with various employers and helps students in recruitment and developing their own connections.
- Getting an education from the University of Georgia is a worthy investment in one future and the candidates are targeted by top employers including Amazon, AmeriCorps, Chick-fil-A, Oracle, Georgia-Pacific, The Walt Disney Company, Bank of America, and as such.
- Looking at the career outcome rates, the University of Georgia showed a promising response of 91% among which 59% were employed before graduation, 90% employed within 3 months of graduation and 99% employed within 6-months of graduation.
- Besides these, a glance at University of Georgia graduates and alumni working as professionals in various sectors (as per emolument.com).
|Job Position||Average Salary|
|Healthcare and Alternative Medicine||$78,00|
|Consulting, Accounting and Professional Services||$63,000|
|Marketing, Product and Communications||$56,00|
- A glance at University of Georgia graduates getting salary/year depending on their degree and qualification (as per emolument.com):
|Bachelors of Arts||$76,000|
|Bachelors of Science||$70,000|
- The highest paying program at University of Georgia is BBA degree worth annual average salary of $109,000 and other bachelors students earn $65,000 annually, whereas looking at the employment sector, the financial services division benefits at average annual salary of $138,000 and lowest is marketing, product and communications section with $56,000 annually
Ques. Does University of Georgia offer any application fee waiver to its students?
Ans. University of Georgia offers fee waivers to US citizens only and does not offer any application fee waiver to the international students.
Ques. Does University of Georgia provide concurrent degrees to undergraduate and graduate applicants?
Ans. Yes, the university does have concurrent programs for both undergraduate and graduate applicants.
Ques. What is the minimum GPA requirement for University of Georgia?
Ans. The University of Georgia requires an average GPA of 3.5 –above but it does varies with programs/courses enrolled.
Ques. Are letters of recommendation required for admission at University of Georgia?
Ans. Letters of recommendation are optional requirements but candidates are recommended to submit it for better consideration while applying for programs at University of Georgia.
Ques. Do letter of acceptance have expiration period?
Ans. Letter of acceptance have a limited period mentioned before which they are expected to report on campus failure to which can result in cancellation of admission.
Ques. Is it hard to get into University of Georgia?
Ans. University of Georgia has a very selective application process with the acceptance rate of 45% requiring a good GPA of 3.9 or above along with good academic and overall profile.
Ques. What are the popular programs at University of Georgia?
Ans. The popular majors at University of Georgia includes finance, psychology, biology/biological sciences, marketing/marketing management and international relations and affairs.
FIND A PROGRAM
|Exams||Avg. Score||Min Score||Max. Score||%Submitted|
|IELTS Check Detailed Score||7.75||6.5||9||-|
|SAT Check Detailed Score||1285||1200||1370||68|
|Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||650||610||690||-|
|ACT Check Detailed Score||29||26||31||74|
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #601 - #800
RANKED #301 - #400
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #601 - #800
View More >>
QS World University
RANKED #501 - #510
Good curriculum and research projects.
Course Curriculum :
The coursework is really advanced and flexible. Plenty of opportunities for research.
Free for Me cause In-State Tuition, Atmosphere of Campus, Close to Home, Great US University, Many Opportunities
Course Curriculum :
The Course Curriculum at UGA is very good at training you how to be a very good corporate worker. It could be updated with regards to innovation and creativity.
All my relatives live in the USA and they wanted to pursue my education from the USA. I had submitted an online application form on its website to get admitted. I also paid the application fee of $75. My score of 9.0 GPA made my application process easier.
Course Curriculum :
The course prepared me to integrate knowledge for developing new technological solutions for the increasingly complex built environment and infrastructure issues. My curriculum included subjects such as Structural Design, Hydraulics, Soil Mechanics, Design of Bridges.
All my friends were going to the USA for their studies and I also wanted to pursue my higher education from there. A common application was filled by me on its website along with that I also paid $75 as an application fee. They also considered my 12th score of 8.8 GPA while taking admission.
Course Curriculum :
The course provided me with a basic understanding of how computer systems are used plus it included several aspects of computer science to develop computer-based systems. They taught me subjects such as Systems Programming, Circuits, Electronics, Sensors & Transducers, Design of Digital Systems.
Create a vibrant environment for learning, discovery, and innovation that relies on teamwork, leadership, and effective communication. Reshape the impact of engineers for the 21st century by inspiring students to reach their full potential. My GPA was 6, I was required to submit a common application, which was free of cost.
Course Curriculum :
My Mechanical Engineering undergraduate program provides students with an education in engineering sciences and design, basic sciences, liberal arts and professional practice. The program graduates students ready for successful careers as practicing mechanical engineers in industry, academia, or other organizations such as national research labs. Since mechanical engineering is a very broad discipline, a graduate in this program will have much flexibility for career options.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary