Curtin College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Curtin College is affiliated to Curtin University, an Australian public research university that was established in 1966 and was named after John Curtin, former Prime Minister of Australia. The college in affiliation with Curtin University offers Diploma and Post-Graduation preparation programs in Architecture, Construction & Built Environment, Business & Commerce, Communication, Design & Arts, Engineering, and Computer Science & Technology leading to undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Curtin University. Curtin University is ranked 251-300th in QS Graduate Employability Rankings and has a dedicated career service for students to provide its students with proper and market and industry-oriented skills.
Curtin College Rankings
Curtin College (Curtin University) is ranked:
- In the top 1% of universities worldwide in the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019
- 230th in the QS World University Ranking 2020.
- 220th in the world and 9th in Australia in the 2019-2020 University Ranking by Academic Performance (URAP).
- 37 of the 54 subjects ranked, with seven subjects in the top 100 in the world in the Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects (GRAS) 2019.
- 1st in the world for Mining & Mineral Engineering and is ranked in the top 10 in Australia for 24 subjects, the highest being 2nd for Mathematics and equal 2nd for Chemical Engineering in GRAS 2019 ranking.
|Cost of Attendance||46,530 AUD|
|Campus Housing Capacity||24%|
|Student Retention Rate||89%|
|Admission Help Desk||Email: email@example.com|
Phone: +61 (8) 9266 4888
Curtin College Campus
- Curtin College is located at Building 205, Curtin Bentley Campus, Kent Street, Bentley, Western Australia 6102. Curtin College students take advantage of most of the facilities provided by Curtin University to its students.
- Curtin College Campus houses facilities like modern administrative buildings, classrooms, laboratories, multi-story library, student bookshop, banking facilities, a medical center, shops and markets, cafeterias, canteens, copy and design center, hairdressing salon, childcare facilities, a world-class art gallery, state-of-the-art gymnasium, and fitness center and many active sports clubs and societies.
- Curtin University has Curtin Stadium which is a multi-purpose, health, recreation, and events facility offering a co-ed gymnasium, ladies’ studio and group fitness studio with spin room, sports hall, and two outdoor volleyball courts. It offers a variety of sporting and fitness options for all levels of skills and experience.
- Curtin College is safe and secure as the buildings are accessed only by the security cardholders.
- The campus has a Cycle Hub that provides bike storage, lockers, and self-contained showers and change rooms
Curtin College Residence
- As a Curtin College student, the same on-campus accommodation options are available as to Curtin University students on Curtin’s Bentley campus within 5-10 minutes of walking distance from the classrooms and academic centers.
- On-campus housing varies across Curtin University. All accommodation is furnished and includes on-site management. Most on-campus accommodation has single rooms, in six- or eight-bedroom self-contained apartments.
- All current and soon students are eligible for on-campus accommodation and can apply online.
- Special accommodation such as an all-female dorm, space adaptable for physically challenged students is also provided upon request.
- Curtin College has expanded off-campus resource center in the proximity and helps the students to find housing according to preferable lifestyle and budget.
Curtin College Programs
- Curtin College offers Diploma programs in Architecture, Construction & Built Environment, Business & Commerce, Communication, Design & Arts, Engineering, and Computer Science & Technology leading to undergraduate courses at Curtin University.
- The Curtin College’s Diploma of 2 years in total which has two stages: Diploma (Stage 1) and Diploma (Stage 2). Where a student will need to start will depend on your qualifications.
- The students who have completed Australian Year 11 equivalent will get enrolled in Diploma Stage 1. After completion of Stage 1, they are promoted into Diploma Stage 2. A student who has completed Year 12 or equivalent is directly admitted into Diploma Stage 2. After completion of Diploma Stage 2 and fulfilling minimum requirements, students enter the corresponding undergraduate degree at Curtin University with advanced standing. The students securing higher academic grades than the standard requirements are rewarded with scholarships.
- Curtin College also offers Post Graduate Preparation Program (PPP) and Graduate Certificate programs for Masters in Commerce for students who have a post-secondary qualification but have not qualified for direct entry into the Master's Degree with advanced standing. The courses have a work-integrated learning design that blends practical applications with theoretical learning and prepares students as a high notch professional.
Curtin College Application Process
Curtin College offers programs to provide entry to programs at Curtin University to the students who have tertiary qualifications.
Diploma Student Admission
The Curtin College Diploma is two years in total. It has two stages: Diploma (Stage 1) and Diploma (Stage 2). Where you start will depend on your qualifications. Diploma courses prepare students to meet standard requirements at Curtin University.
Application Portal: Curtin College Online Portal- students can apply for admits by creating and logging with proper credentials.
- For Diploma Stage 1: Australian 11 year Equivalent (10 + 1 with 50% for India)
- For Diploma Stage 2: Australian 12 year Equivalent (10 + 2 with 55% for India)
- Application Fee: No fees
- Supporting Documents: The documents must be mailed to the university both in the original language and English.
- The school reports.
- Two Teachers Evaluation
- Midyear Report
- Official secondary/high school transcript(s)
- English Test scores. (IELTS: 5.5, TOEFL: 52(Stage 1 diploma), 54 (Stage 2 Diploma)). Test scores can be sent either directly from the testing institutions or electronically via e-mail. CAEL and PTE scores are also accepted.
- Undergraduate students also need a General Certificate of Education score.
- Admission Deadlines: Varies as per the program
Post Graduate Program or Graduate Certificate Student Admission
The Postgraduate Preparation Program (PPP) and Graduate Certificate provide an alternative entry route into a Master of Commerce at Curtin University. These are designed for students who have a post-secondary qualification but have not qualified for direct entry into the Master's degree at Curtin University.
- Application Portal: Curtin College Admission Portal
- Academic Entry Requirements: Completed a 3year post-secondary qualification comparable to an Australian Associate Degree or Advanced Diploma
- Application Fee: No fees
- Supporting Documents must be mailed to the university.
- Official Transcripts both in the original language and English.
- English Test scores (IELTS: 6.0, TOEFL:70). Test scores can be sent either directly from the testing institutions or electronically via e-mail.
- Admission Deadlines: Varies as per the program
Curtin College Cost of Attendance
The estimated cost of attendance depends on several factors like the program applied for, tuition, books, fees, housing, dining, and personal items.
|Expenses In AUD|
|Diploma Stage 1||Diploma Stage 2||Post Graduate Courses|
|Tuition||24,600||36,700 (Varies)||13,200 (PPP)|
14,900 (Graduate Certificate)
|Housing and Rooms||8,736||8,736||8,736|
|Books and Supplies||700||700||700|
Curtin College Financial Aid
- Financial Aid to international students in Australia is available in the form of loans, scholarships, bursaries, external support scholarships, and an opportunity to work on campus.
- Government loans are not applicable for International Students.
- Scholarships and bursaries are awarded to students based on their academic and extra-curricular activities records. Most of the scholarships do not need any separate applications.
- There are plenty of jobs available with departments/offices which can be helpful to borne expenses. Curtin University with its wide network of 3000+ industry experts and ASX100 listed companies assists students well in training and providing the skill set required for the specific industry and helps in securing jobs and internships thereafter.
- Some of the Scholarships provided by the university to Curtin College Students:
- CRL Merit Scholarship- 4000 AUD- given to international students that demonstrate strong academic ability.
- Diploma Pathway Scholarship – Covers a maximum of 15% of Diploma fees.- awarded to students who have academic scores higher than standard requirements at Curtin University.
Curtin College Alumni
The alumni association at Curtin College is big and quite active and helps the university accomplish its research, teaching and community service, and employment for fresh graduates. The events and achievements of alumni are recognized by the university.
Notable alumni include: -
- Natalia Cooper- Journalist for Nine News at the Nine Network Sydney.
- Brad Hogg- Cricketer
- Samantha Hall- Entrepreneur, environmental and Antarctic researcher.
Curtin College Placement
- Curtin College has career services for students which are always there to assist students with cover letters, resumes, internships and jobs. The Curtin Career PLUS program provides you with the tools and experiences required to navigate a competitive recruitment process, and to successfully transition from university to the workplace.
- Statistics show that 85% of graduates get employed within 3 months of the completion of their studies.
- Around 96% of co-op students are employed within 6 months of graduation and MBA graduates secure the best salary with 146,000 USD per annum.