Central Queensland University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1967, Central Queensland University is a dual sector university originally founded in Rockhampton of Australia. With campuses in every mainland state, it has 24 campuses across Australia.
The university offers more than 300 undergraduate and graduate programs in the fields of Health, Business, Education, Law, Psychology, Arts, etc.
It is also renowned as one of the most inclusive and engaging universities of Australia. The university is famous for providing numerous outbound study opportunities. It nurtures around 30,000 students from 70 countries across the globe out of which 5000 students are international students.
Central Queensland University Rankings
Central Queensland University is ranked:
- Among 591-600th universities globally by QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2021.
- Among top 100 universities worldwide by Times Higher Education World Rankings 2020.
- Among world’s top 650 universities by QS World University Rankings 2020.
- Among top 150 universities in the world under 50 years of age by Times Higher Education and QS World University Rankings.
- Awarded as largest training provider of the year in the Queensland Training Awards.
|Application portal||Online- iStart|
|Facilities and capital investment||200 million AUD|
|Cost of living||21,041 AUD annually|
|Total No. of students||30,000+|
|Website||Central Queensland University|
Central Queensland University Campus and Accommodation
- The university has 24 world-class campuses and locations across Australia with the main campus in Rockhampton.
- It has world-class facilities such as Sports and Fitness Centers, Libraries, Laboratories, Fully Furnished Classrooms, Lecture Theatres, Auditoriums, etc.
- For encouraging extracurricular participation among the students, there are various clubs and organisations in the fields of Dance, Sports, Photography, Board games, Video games, Engineering, Business, Agriculture, etc. which the students can join and get to know like-minded people and grow with them.
- Central Queensland University offers on-campus accommodation to its students.One may apply online on the official website.
- The on campus accommodation facilities includes all basic amenities such as free Wi-Fi, 24 hours on site assistance and security, gym, sports facilities, free weekly bus trips, annual events,free laundry etc.
- Applicants may apply for off campus residences nearby.
Central Queensland University Courses
- The university offers Bachelor’s, Associate, Graduate Certificates, Graduate Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Masters and Doctoral degrees with a broad range of subjects to choose from.
- Health, Business, Education, Law, Psychology, Arts, etc. are its most popular majors.
- The university also provides flexible learning options so that the students can pursue their degree conveniently at their home town.
- Moreover, the university also provides various short courses and various on and off campus certificates and diploma pathway programs such as Certificate II in Tourism, Certificate III in Tourism, Diploma in Arts, etc. to its international students.
Central Queensland University Application Process
Applicants can apply for Central Queensland University admissions through iStart application portal. The university does not charge any application fee from the applicants.
Admission requirements for international students especially Indian applicants:
- Higher Secondary certificate awarded by CBSE, ISC, West Bengal or Maharashtra boards with a minimum average of 60% in four academic subjects or Higher Secondary certificate from all other boards with a minimum average of 65% in four academic subjects.
- A bachelor degree with equivalent to an Australian pass grade average and final two terms from a recognised higher education institution for postgraduate admissions.
- Proof of English proficiency; IELTS:6.0, TOEFL IBT: 75
- A copy of valid passport.
- Proof of Financial Support
- Health Insurance.
Central Queensland University Cost Of Attendance
The tuition fee varies with majors and degrees. The tuition fee per year for some fields of studies is tabulated below -
|Field of Study||Cost of Programs|
|Science||13,980 AUD - 33,420 AUD|
|Business and Accounting||14,400 AUD - 30,480 AUD|
|Visual Arts||28,020 AUD - 28,320 AUD|
|Education and Teaching||25,440 AUD - 28,860 AUD|
|Engineering and Aviation||13,560 AUD - 67,050 AUD|
|Information Systems and Technology||15,390 AUD - 31,110 AUD|
|Psychology||13,920 AUD - 29,220 AUD|
|Environment and Agriculture||30,120 AUD - 34,080 AUD|
Cost of Living depends upon the preferences and lifestyle of an individual. Given below is an estimated cost of living expenses in Australia:
|Type||Estimated cost (weekly in AUD)|
|Rent||90 - 440|
|Groceries and eating out||80 - 300|
|Gas, electricity and water||35 - 80|
|Phone and internet||15 - 55|
|Public transport||15 - 55|
|Car||150 - 260|
|Entertainment||80 - 150|
Central Queensland University Scholarships for International Students
It offers various scholarships to international applicants. They can also apply for various other scholarships available to students in Australia.
Every year, the university provides approximately 24 million AUD worth of scholarships to support international students. Applicants must have at least 65% in their most recent studies provided they meet certain other terms and conditions. The scholarships are based on merit or needs of the individual student.
Some of the scholarships offered by Central Queensland University are:
- International Student Scholarship: Available to all new international students in vocational, research, full degree and packaged academic courses offering 25% off on tuition fees.
- Destination Australia Scholarship: Available to new international students choosing to study at Rockhampton campus offering worth 15,000 AUD per annum plus an additional 25% off on tuition fee.
- Australia Award Scholarship: Available for applicants from developing countries to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian institutions.
- For availing scholarship, applicants are required to attain an equivalent of 65% in their most recent studies provided they meet certain other terms and conditions.
- Every year, the University provides approximately 24 million AUD worth of scholarships to support international students.
Central Queensland University Alumni Network
- The university has a network of over 1,00,000 alumni spread across the world.
- It offers a range of benefits and initiatives for its alumni such as alumni grants, development of workplace skills, free short courses, coaching and mentoring skills, electronic database access, library access,University bookshop discounts, creative and performing arts discount, gym membership, travel deals, etc.
- Some of the notable alumni are:
- Alexander Horneman-Wren: Deputy President of the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- Brian Babington: Chief Executive Officer of Families Australia.
- Carolyn Hardy: Advisor to the United Nations trust fund ( violence against women) and International board member at Amnesty International.
- Chris Lee: First Korean to become a cluster General Manager of Marriott International.
- Dale Last: Councillor and Deputy Mayor in Townsville city.
Central Queensland University Placements
- The university provides a range of career and leadership opportunities for both personal and professional growth of its students.
- Career Cell acts as a mediator between the employers and graduates.It organises annual career fairs.Career Hub provides the information about vacancies in various companies.
- The University has a full time domestic graduate employment rate of 79.5 % with a sector average of 72.3%.
- It is also consistently ranked among the top universities for graduate starting salaries.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
RANKED #801 - #1000
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #501 - #600
RANKED #501 - #600
View More >>
QS World University
RANKED #591 - #600
Settling in Australia was my long-time aim. Therefore, I started to prepare for the admission and applied in 7-8 universities. I got an offer letter from Central Queensland University and decided to attend. Applying to the university was a hassle-free task as each and every information was available on the university's website.
Course Curriculum :
CQUniversity's Bachelor of Digital Media is preparing me for a professional career in the digital media industries. This course provides skills and knowledge that can be applied in a variety of fields associated with design, technology, and media. This is a flexible course as the classes are also available online. The course will surely help me in my business.
A friend of mine already attended this University and spoke highly of it. Mum wanted to move away from our home town, and the University had a campus in an area we liked. Out of 4-5 Universities, I applied to, this one was my first preference based on the above information, and they accepted me. As it was my first preference, the way the QTAC application system worked meant I only received their offer.
I had a pre-existing interest in creating content (film/music/etc) and I skimmed through a book that listed a plethora of courses that could lead to a career in film and media, and this course had a list of potential career options that interested me. Along with recognizing the University name, my projected OP results put me well above the entry requirements to get into the course.
Have a good reputation with employers and the course fee is lesser than the other universities for the same course. Also, situated in the CBD area which is the center of the city and one can get plenty of part-time job opportunities.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum is good and well planned for a person to learn well. Two semesters per year is pretty good which provide ample time to study as well as to do a part-time job. There are four subjects each semester.
I want a great education to prepare me for my future career. This is the only university that offered my course in Australia without a radiography background and as an undergraduate, which is the reason I applied.
Course Curriculum :
It has its faults there is not much lab time roughly 2 hours a week with a supervisor and 1 hour of personal practice. The course is mainly reliant on placement hours and practice to get hands-on experience. Although the tutors are great when there is allocated time.
I had always been set on Central Queensland University as it had a great reputation and one of my family members had also attended. CQU was the only university that offered the medical sonography course for undergraduates so I could do the course I wanted without doing radiology first.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum is challenging yet extremely interesting. It covers in much detail the body?s anatomy and everything we need to know for the future. The information in lectures is presented in an easy to understand format.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary