University of Southern Queensland: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1967, the University of Southern Queensland is a public institution operating through four campuses in Toowoomba, Springfield, Ipswich, and Stanthorpe. The university is known for its excellent education and research. More than 27,563 students from across the globe call it home.
The University of Southern Queensland is the number 1 university for employability in Australia. USQ is ranked No. 1 in Queensland for graduate starting salary by the Good Universities Guide, 2021. According to the Graduate Outcome Survey National Report 2020, graduates of the university are paid AUD 70,700 per annum which is the highest starting salary in Australia attracting a lot of international students to pursue their Higher Education in Australia.
Areas of study include Agriculture & Environment, Arts & Humanities, Aviation, Business & Management, Education & Teaching, and more. Admissions at University of Southern Queensland are offered from undergraduate to doctoral level at three campuses, offshore or online.
Due to COVID-19 crisis, USQ has announced COVID-19 Student Support Package to give academic and financial support worth 5.2 Million AUD to the needy students. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, University of Southern Queensland is offering free UpSkill mini courses which include 40 hours of learning for four weeks to support the community.
University of Southern Queensland Ranking
University of Southern Queensland ranking is given by many reputed magazines and agencies. A snapshot of the same is given below:
- USQ is ranked #701-750 in QS Global World University Rankings 2021
- It is ranked #501-600 in World University Rankings 2021 by Times Higher Education
- The university holds the rank #736 in Best Global Universities 2021 by US News and World Report
- The national rank of the university is #33 in Center for World University Rankings 2019-2020
- By subject-wise rankings, it holds the position between 451-500 by QS World Rankings 2021.
|Annual Endowment||328.5 Million AUD|
|International students (on campus)||2,339|
|Student retention rate||77.6%|
|Admission helpdesk||1800 007 252 and +61 7 4631 2100|
University of Southern Queensland Campus
- One of the campus of University of Southern Queensland is located at Toowoomba, also known as Queensland’s Garden City is second most populated city in Australia.
- Toowoomba has a family-friendly atmosphere and relaxed lifestyle.
- City has 240 parks & gardens and is home to many events like Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers, Hampton Food & Arts Festival and First Coat Festival.
- Rich heritage and culture of Toowoomba include Empire Theatre, Grand Central, Crows Nest Regional Art Gallery, Rosalie Gallery and Jondaryan woolshed.
- University of Southern Queensland has three campuses named Toowoomba Campus, Springfield campus and Ipswich campus.
- Students while studying at this university can be a part of any of the student’s clubs that is focused on something, students are passionate about.
University of Southern Queensland Residence
- Those students who have chosenon-campus accommodation get a single study bedroom with heating facilities.
- A common room that is shared between 10-20 people has amenities like TVs, couches, and basic kitchen appliances (kettle, fridges, toaster, rice cooker, small convection ovens).
- Students are provided with facilities like internet connection, telephone, computer and laundry.
- College Wellness Educator (CWE) provides many services to students like risk assessment, student services, study strategies, stress management strategies and psycho-educational programs.
- The cost of accommodation varies from 90 AUD to 418 USD based on the type of accommodation.
Residential College has three colleges which provides accommodation to the students:
- Concannon College – Its accommodation offers 100 bedrooms with shared bathrooms while two bedrooms with separate washroom.
- McGregor College – Its accommodation includes 193 bedrooms, 3 flats and 2 accessible units with different amenities.
- Steele Rudd College – It has 122 rooms, all of them with access to a self-cater kitchen.
University of Southern Queensland Programs
- University of Southern Queensland programs are offered as full-time, part-time as well as online short courses to the students all across the globe.
- Various Faculties of University of Queensland include Faculty of Business, Law and Arts Faculty of Health, Engineering and Sciences, College of Indigenous studies, Education & Research
- Faculty of Health, Engineering and Sciences includes study areas like agriculture & environment, psychology, science & engineering and information technology.
- College of Indigenous studies, Education & Research (CISER) takes into account research and projects addressing education and other issues that affect Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people at all levels.
- UConnect is the online student portal, to provide education to the students present in any corner of the world.
- The university’s library has a collection of full-text online resources which include more than 60,000 full texts ebooks as well.
University of Southern Queensland Admission Process
USQ offers different courses for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. Admission requirements for the same are given below:
How to apply?
Admission Portal: Online, or find a USQ agent
Application fee: No fees
Admission Deadline for International students at USQ: January 17, 2020
- English language proficiency (for UG- TOEFL PBT – 550, TOEFL iBT - 80, IELTS – 6.0, PTE – 50; For graduate- TOEFL PBT – 570, TOEFL iBT - 90, IELTS – 6.5, PTE - 58)
- Senior High school report
- Academic transcript
- Work experience
- Official Transcript
- English language proficiency (Interview
- Reference with details of referee
- Work experience
- Financial support
- Reference along with details of referee
- GPA requirement
University of Southern Queensland Cost of Attendance
Following is the estimated tuition cost for the international students looking to study in Australia at the University of Southern Queensland.
|Expenses||Amount per semester|
|Tuition||3,130 – 4,200 AUD (Undergraduate students)
3,430 – 4,480 AUD (Graduate students)
|Student Services & Amenities fees||38.5 AUD|
|Housing fee||540 – 2,508 AUD|
|Meals||1,920 – 6,720 AUD|
|Personal expenses||3,600 – 9,600 AUD|
Other living expenses
- Groceries and eating: 80 – 280 AUD per week
- Gas, electricity bills: 35- 140 AUD per week
- Phone and internet charges: 20- 55 AUD per week
- Public transport: 15- 55 AUD per week
- Car : 150- 260 AUD per week
University of Southern Queensland Financial Aid
University of Southern Queensland offers numerous scholarships for international students in Australia.
- Chancellor’s Excellence Scholarship – It offers a scholarship of worth 24,000 AUD to the students over four years of their study.
- Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship – It awards a total scholarship of worth 20,000 to the undergraduate students.
- Executive Dean’s Scholarship – It provides financial aid of 6000 AUD for over four years to the students.
- The Destination Australia Scholarship offers a grant of 30,000 AUD to graduate and postgraduate students.
COVID-19 Student Support Package will provide financial aid to students:
- 500 AUD for three months for living expenses
- 100 AUD for required technology
- 500 AUD for provision of learning resources
University of Southern Queensland Alumni
- After graduation, students automatically join the Alumni Association, a global network of 100,000 members.
- USQ awards alumni annually to celebrate their professional and personal achievements to inspire fellow alumni, current students and community.
- Career development services are provided by USQ to alumni for 12 months after graduation.
Notable Alumni of University of Southern Queensland are:
- Kev Carmody – Singer and songwriter
- Deb Frecklington – Australian politician
- Stuart Mayer – Commander Australian Fleet, Royal Australian Navy
- Theresa Moltini – President of Chamber of Commerce & Industry Queensland
University of Southern Queensland Placements
- USQ is ranked No.1 in Australia for graduate starting salary.
- Various Regular free events and workshops on future prospects of the courses are organised by the Careers Development Service.
- The Careers and Employability Team helps in providing better job opportunities to the graduates.
- Graduates can look for jobs on following portals:
- USQ’s Career Fair
- Australian State Government Websites
- USQ’s career fair organises internships to virtually connect students with employers and provide them with employment.
Ques. Is the University of Southern Queensland accredited?
Ans. The professional programs offered by USQ are accredited with competent authorities which are APAC, CIMA, AIA, ANMAC, CPA Australia and CAANZ, etc.
Ques. What are the deadlines for applying to programs at USQ?
Ans. The Semester 1 deadline for applying for most of the courses through QTAC or directly is February 22, 2021. For semester 2 the deadline is July 12, 2021, and for semester 3 applications the deadline is November 3, 2021.
Ques. Can I get financial assistance at USQ as an international student?
Ans. Yes. The university will offer scholarships to students who are applying for all undergraduate and postgraduate programs except Nursing offered on-campus. Online students will not get scholarships.
Ques. How to respond to the offer to study at USQ?
Ans. You need to respond to the offer by logging into the application portal after the university made an offer to you.
Ques. How much does UpSkill mini-courses cost?
Ans. The costs of a USQ UpSkill minicourses range from AUD625 to AUD735. The Credentialing Professional Outcomes kit costs AUD 250.
Ques. How many courses can be studied each semester?
Ans. At the University of Southern Queensland, you can study 1 to 4 subjects each semester excluding the Nursing course where you can study only two subjects.
Ques. How good is the University of Southern Queensland?
Ans. The university is number 1 for employability. It is known for its supportive and student-focused commitment to teaching and learning. It is among seven organizations that achieved White Ribbon Workplace accreditation. It is one of the top-ranked universities in the world.
Ques. Does the University of Southern Queensland offer pathways programs?
Ans. Yes. Apart from that, pathway programs like accelerated entry pathway program, Tertiary Preparation program, associate degrees, graduate certificates, diplomas, etc and short term programs are offered to students and working professionals at different levels.
Ques. What is the average salary of the University of Southern Queensland graduates?
Ans. According to the Graduate Outcome Survey National Report 2020, graduates of the university are paid AUD 70,700 per annum which is the highest starting salary in Australia.
FIND A PROGRAM
Times Higher Education
RANKED #501 - #600
RANKED #201 - #250
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #201 - #250
RANKED #501 - #600
View More >>
QS World University
RANKED #701 - #750
I planned to study abroad and get settled there and for that I choose Australia because of the better education and opportunities there. Among the several universties, I decided to choose this one because my choice of program was available here and the curriculum was also good. My GPA was 7. I had to submit an application form which was free of cost.
Course Curriculum :
It has also been approved by the Australian Law Schools Standards Committee under the Standards for Australian Law Schools adopted by the Council of Australian Law Deans. This degree will partially satisfy the requirements to practice as a lawyer in Queensland or elsewhere in Australia. Intending lawyers must also complete an approved practical legal training course in order to become admitted to practise law.
My father proposed that after I finished my bachelor's degree in business administration, I pursue my master's degree at this university because he had always wanted me to study abroad and this university was well-known and renowned. There as no application fee and submitted online through the college site.
Course Curriculum :
My course, in my view, is really fascinating and current. I was told everything there was to know about management, and I was given more corporate exposure than academic awareness, which was my favourite.
My friend's father, a senior marketing officer, suggested this college to me and my friend. We both agreed to study abroad and applied for the university online via their official website, paid no entrance fee. Plus 12th grade point average of 8.2 was also examined.
Course Curriculum :
An applied business strategy, project-based learning, templates, case studies, and special electives were all part of my course, which addressed the theoretical needs of various market sectors. To summarise, it gave me the in-depth knowledge I needed.
Joining the aviation industry has always been a dream for me. It is a luxurious job at the same time it being hectic. For the admission process, I had applied through the online college portal. I did not have to pay any amount for the application fees.
Course Curriculum :
The course is very well oriented and organized. Although a lot of effort and consistency was required. They teach us about the customer service how to provide service from heart and also soft skills were an important part of the program.
I was keen to join this university for my higher studies because I wanted to learn in community of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion, and a strong commitment to ethics and integrity, collaboration, creativity, and innovation and they were offering all of them, hence I decided to join. My GPA was 8. I was required to submit an online application form costing around $50.
Course Curriculum :
The Associate Degree of Business and Commerce is the perfect way to start my degree in business at university. An associate degree is a qualification in its own right, but it is also a pathway to a bachelor’s degree. This means that the 16 courses that I studied can count towards a bachelor’s degree.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary