- Master of Business Analytics at York University is offered as a 1-year teaching program.
- This course is offered on a full-time (1-year) basis. The program begins in Fall Term.
- The capstone of the program is an Analytics Consulting Project in which students will spend two terms working with real data in service to the community.
- Mirroring real-world Big Data Competitions, students will complete a hands-on, problem-driven analytics project and develop applicable business solutions using the resources of the state of the art Deloitte Cognitive Analytics and Visualization Lab.
- They will directly interface with industry leaders and develop both technical and organizational expertise.
- The MBAN program at Schulich School of Business is a fairly reputed program which is designed to give the students the necessary tools to become an expert in this highly demanding field.
- The MBAN program provided by this school is recognized by the Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence for providing the students with a cutting-edge program that equips them skills and competencies sought by industry.
- Apart from this, all MBAN students are eligible for Vector Institute Scholarships valued at $17,500.
- Some of the courses that students will go through in this program are:
- Data Management and Programming
- Advanced Spreadsheet Modelling and Programming For Business
- Ethics and Societal Implications Of Artificial Intelligence
- Case Analysis And Presentation Skills
- Multivariate Methods For Business Analytics
- All Schulich MBAN students are awarded the much-coveted SAS™ (Statistical Analysis Software) certification upon completion of the program.
- The Schulich Master of Business Analytics will provide students with the technical, quantitative expertise and strategic mindset to support data-driven business decision-making.
- With increased data available via new technologies, many industries such as banking, healthcare, retail, and e-commerce are acknowledging the importance of analytics and hiring specialized professionals to analyze big data, create value and drive decision-making.
- As part of MBAN career services, students will also have access to the Career Development Centre (CDC) and online access to year-round job postings, career tools as well as corporate information sessions and CDC run events.
- York University’s Master of Business Analytics ranked 5th place, based on Canada Best Masters Ranking in Corporate Business Analytics.
- Students have many career opportunities in multinational companies like:
- Purolator, etc., with an average salary of around 50,000 USD per year.
To graduate, a student must achieve an overall GPA of at least 4.40. Students must complete the following to be eligible to graduate from the program:
- 39.00 credits of Required Core Courses
- 6.00 credits of Elective Courses
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Required a bachelor’s degree of 90 credits (with or without honors).
- The degree must be from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
Work Experience Eligibility:
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience
- Post degree work experience is recommended but not required
- One year of full-time, post-graduate work experience required for applicants holding 3-year degrees
Submission of GRE/GMAT scores is compulsory for this program, however, it is recommended to submit a minimum GRE-309/GMAT-550 for better a chance of admission.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem….Read More
Required Document List
Following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sample of written work: Student has to write something interesting as their sample essay in the application form.
- Statement of Interest: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Proof that students have enough money to support themselves during their stay in Canada.
- Letters of reference or any other documents the visa office tell students to bring.