- Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence at York University is offered as a 1-year teaching program.
- This course is offered by Schulich School of Business on a full-time (1-year) basis. The program begins in Fall Term.
- The MMAI will produce creative problem-solvers equipped to leverage AI in business, non-profit, governmental or start-up organizations.
- Graduates from this program will possess a competitive combination of management skills, technical expertise and the ethical sensibilities required to execute solutions to business challenges.
- As part of MMAI career services, students will also have access to the Career Development Centre (CDC), providing online access to year-round job postings and career tools as well as corporate information sessions and CDC-run events.
- Some of the courses that students will go through in this program are:
- Algorithms For Business Analysis
- Case Analysis And Presentation Skills
- Visual Analytics And Modelling
- Applications Of Neural Networks And Deep Learning In Business
- Numerical Methods And Analysis
- The immersive curriculum offers a technical foundation in natural language processing, computational methods, and modeling, paired with core business skills.
- Students will explore a critically evolving ethical landscape as they confront moral topics in AI, such as algorithmic bias, data privacy, and intelligent agent autonomy.
- The capstone Artificial Intelligence Consulting Project (AICP) provides students with an opportunity to solve a significant business problem by designing a managerial approach.
- Working in the Deloitte Cognitive Analytics and Visualization Lab student teams will deliver a solution to a client organization, interacting with industry managers, technicians, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- Students have many job opportunities in multinational companies like:
- Gale, etc., with an average salary of around 50,000 USD per year.
To graduate, a student must achieve an overall GPA of at least 4.40. Students must complete the following to be eligible to graduate from the program:
- 45.00 credits of Required Core Courses
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Required a bachelor’s degree of 90 credits (with or without honors).
Work Experience Eligibility:
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience
- Post degree work experience is recommended but not required
- One year of full-time, post-graduate work experience required for applicants holding 3-year degrees
Submission of GRE/GMAT scores is compulsory for this program, however, it is recommended to submit a minimum GRE-309/GMAT-550 for better a chance of admission.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
The above requirements are the minimum requirements and do not guarantee admission. The admissions committee will consider all evidence in the file and decide. To know more about the requirem….Read More
Required Document List
Following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sample of written work: Student has to write something interesting as their sample essay in the application form.
- Statement of Interest: Reasons or intentions for pursuing studies in this program, including a description of prior experience.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Proof that students have enough money to support themselves during their stay in Canada.
- Letters of reference or any other documents the visa office tell students to bring.
Career and Placement after Course
Possible career opportunities are:
- Data Analytics
- User Experience
- Natural Language Processing
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Research
- Software Engineering.