British Columbia Institute of Technology: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1964, the British Columbia Institute of Technology is a public post-secondary institute particularly recognized for its advanced technical education. It is located in Burnaby, British Columbia Canada. With its main campus in Burnaby, British Columbia, the institute has four other campuses namely, Aerospace Technology Campus, Marine Campus, Annacis Island Campus, Downtown Vancouver campus, and 10 satellite locations.
A total of 50,000 students are enrolled in BCIT out of which 5,700 are international students from 120 countries, making it a very multicultural and safe institute to study in Canada. The institute offers certificates and diplomas to bachelor’s and master’s degrees in various disciplines including Applied & Natural Sciences, Engineering, Business and Media, Computing & IT, Health Sciences, and Trades & Apprenticeships.
British Columbia Institute of Technology was the first in the region to offer a combined honors program of Biochemistry and Forensic Science. Admission at British Columbia Institute of Technology is distinguished as the largest institute in West Canada for trades & apprenticeship courses and the only institute to offer the Prosthetics and Orthotics training Program in Western Canada.
British Columbia Institute of Technology Highlights
|No of students||50,000|
|Percentage of International Students||9.37%|
|Courses Offered||certificates, diplomas, bachelor’s and master’s degrees|
|Average Tuition Fee for Degree Program (International)||13,500 – 19,500 CAD|
|Average Tuition Fee for Diploma Program (International)||16,500 – 20,000 CAD|
British Columbia Institute of Technology Campus
- The British Columbia Institute of Technology is operated on five campuses :
- Burnaby Campus
- Aerospace Technology Campus
- Marine Campus
- Annacis Island Campus
- Downtown Vancouver campus
- The British Columbia Institute of Technology Campus is beautifully landscaped over a large area with hundreds of specialized learning spaces, including classrooms, shops, labs, broadcast studios, green roofs, energy grids, forests, and waterways.
- The Campus has all the advanced amenities and technologies including Trade Learning Centres, Test center, Media Works, ehPod computer labs
- The campus classrooms are well equipped with all the facilities like free wi-fi, study area ensuring a comfortable and learning ambiance to the students.
- The college runs various recreational services to encourage, and enable the practice of physical well being.
- The campus has recreation buildings, gym, fitness centers, dance classes, yoga& pilates, martial arts, and sports facilities.
British Columbia Institute of Technology Accommodation
- The institute provides on-campus and off-campus accommodation. Both long stay and short stay housing facilities are available for students seeking accommodation to study in Canada.
- The on-campus apartments have seven low-rises, split-level buildings with four suites of twelve bedrooms, one Resident Advisor apartment, and a laundry room.
- Basic amenities provided at each suite are two floors of bedrooms, bathrooms, a dining room, a living room, two full kitchen areas for students to prepare their own meals.
- The rooms are comfortable with a single bed, mattress, bookshelf, closet, dresser, desk, chair, desk lamp, mirror.
- Students can contact My Ideal Home Network and Rent Hello to arrange the best off-campus accommodation.
British Columbia Institute of Technology Programs
- British Columbia Institute Of Technology has six academic schools. These are listed below:
- School of Business
- School of Computing and Academic Studies
- School of Construction and the Environment
- School of Energy
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Transportation
- BCIT offers over 300 programs and 1000 part-time courses in 6 fields of study, that are
- Applied and Natural Science
- Business and Media
- Computing and Information Technology
- Health Sciences
- Trades and Apprenticeship
- Popular Credentials offered by the institute are Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree, Diploma, Graduate Certificate, Apprenticeship, and BCIT/Industry Partnership.
- The institute offers Distance and Online Learning and Co-operative Education and many research opportunities.
- The institute provides English as a Second Language (ESL) course for International Students only.
British Columbia Institute of Technology Application Process
International students who wish to get admitted into the British Columbia Institute of Technology need to keep the following information in mind:
- Application Portal: Applicants can apply through online portal
- Application Fee:
- 90 CAD (Domestic applicants)
- 154 CAD (International Applicants)
- High school equivalent to Grade 12 in Canada.
- Work experience of 6 months in the relevant field for degree courses.
- 2 years of full-time education in English from English speaking nation/completed English 12 or equivalent.
- Previous credentials are required to be formally evaluated by the International Credential Evaluation Service to determine comparable levels in British Columbia and Canadian terms.
- Supporting Documents:
- Official Transcripts and Academic records
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose to study in Canada
- Proof of Status in Canada
British Columbia Institute of Technology Cost of Attendance
Cost of Attendance for International Students includes tuition fees along with other expenses like accommodation, books and supplies.
|Course||Fees in CAD|
|Full-time Cohort Degree and Graduate Study Program||5,410 – 11,290|
|Full Time/Cohort Technology Fee||7,656 – 11,290|
|High Tech Professional and Digital Arts Program||4,908.75 – 7,750.60 and 6,113.75 - 16,801.25|
|Trades and Technical Studies||5,786 – 15,546|
Accommodation Cost for Long Term Stay
|Expense||Cost in CAD|
|Rent per month||610|
|Parking per month||60|
Accommodation Cost for ShortTerm Stay
|Rent per night||24.50|
|Parking per week||15|
British Columbia Institute of Technology Financial Aids
- Financial Aids are granted in the form of Entrance Awards, Graduate Awards, Bursaries, Scholarships, and loans.
- International students can also seek funding to study in Canada from other sources.
- The applicant can also apply for a scholarship, that is mainly awarded on an excellence basis.
- Many entrances, graduate, achievement awards, scholarships are granted for exceptional performance, contribution to school activities, and leadership skills.
- Bursaries are awarded to permanent Canadian residents with a minimum 60 % GPA.
British Columbia Institute of Technology Alumni
- The institute has a worldwide network of 185,000 alumni, working excellently in their respective domains.
- Several Alumni meets and events are conducted that foster networking opportunities between the students and members.
- Graduating students can seek guidance from alumni working in alike fields.
- The institute provides many benefits to its alumni that include Life, Critical and disability insurance, Mortgage solutions, Home insurances, Travel, and Bank Cards
- Some renowned Alumni are:
- Mozhdah Jamalzadah (Afghan singer)
- Jillian Harris (Canadian television personality)
- Rob Brown (Canadian Journalist)
- Vera Kobalia (Georgian Politician)
British Columbia Institute of Technology Placements
- The institute emphasizes workplace education and encourages students to locate and secure their own work placement in the university.
- The institute has a computerized system called "The Bridge" that makes the placement procedure simpler, students can easily interact with the employer.
- The college focuses on career-oriented activities. Students are provided assistance in finding their dream jobs in Canada. This provides them with enough exposure to face the coming hardships in their lives.
Ques: What is the application fee for British Columbia Institute of Technology?
- $90 CAD if you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (with official proof)
- $154 CAD if you are an international applicant holding a study permit
Ques: Is it necessary to submit transcripts of grades at British Columbia Institute of Technology?
Ans: You’ll need to submit transcripts and supporting documents proving that you meet all the entrance requirements for your chosen program. All documents must be uploaded to your online application form before it can be submitted for assessment.
Ques: What is commitment fees at British Columbia Institute of Technology?
If you’ve been accepted into a full-time program, you must pay a commitment fee (deposit) to hold your seat in the program. The commitment fee is applied to your tuition and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- $100 for trades programs, $200 starting Fall 2021 term
- $200 for technology programs, $500 starting Fall 2021 term
- $3,000 for international applicants
Ques: How can I submit tuition fees and commitment fees at British Columbia Institute of Technology?
- Debit card (in person only)
- Cheque or money order payable to BCIT – include your BCIT ID (student number)
- Online banking (bill payment) through your financial institution using BCIT – Tuition as the payee
Ques: What are books and supply cost at British Columbia Institute of Technology?
Ans: The cost of books and supplies varies from program to program and can range from $200 to $2,000 per year.
Ques: How are applications at BCIT assessed?
Ans: BCIT will usually evaluate your previous education on a course-by-course basis. This means that you must have completed courses in each of the subject areas in the BCIT program at the level for which you wish to get credit. Some programs have bridging courses to help make it easier for degree and diploma graduates to qualify for admission.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I choose this college because , It is best college in Vancouver for diploma courses and professors are best for teaching and luckily I got admission here.
Course Curriculum :
All good , Course syllabus is pretty much good , No lengthy subjects and easy criteria to clear the subjects.
I came to know about this because one of my relatives is an alumnus. He suggested the college and after his recommendation, I looked at the different websites for review and found it good enough for me to join it. I applied to the college online and the application fee was $100.
Course Curriculum :
The course is focused mainly on database management in computer science. Different database knowledge is given like My SQL, Mongo DB and No SQL which is very important is the modern-day industry. other software related concepts are also taught in the course.
The transportation is easier and it's the same education , better ways for less cost. The score for your grade 12 matter alot as you don't have those volunteer hours and experience that the high schools in Canada teach kids which is where international students have the most problem in but doing volunteering while studing helps.
Course Curriculum :
It's not really the worst. If you are a person who believes in yourself then it is very easy.
From Immigration bodies I got to know about BCIT and its admission process. BCIT is best college for IT courses in Vancouver area. Good to have certificate or diploma from BCIT. Mostly IT companies visit like Electronic Arts, Faronics , Accenture, Fortis BC , Work safe BC, Vancouver police. 80% students get job and there is a placement cell in College
Course Curriculum :
Great faculty ,Good to have certificate or diploma from BCIT. Mostly IT companies visit like Electronic Arts, Faronics , Accenture, Fortis BC , Work safe BC, Vancouver police. 80% students get joband there is a placement cell in College
This particular school is know for its efficient, fast paced programs and graduates being offered employment very soon after graduation which was very appealing to me.
Course Curriculum :
Too much new information all at once for student who have never seen or worked with electronics before. It gets very overwhelming very quickly.
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
- Book Store
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary