Camosun College is a community college located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. It offers post-secondary education. The medium of instruction for all the programs is in English. The college is especially famous for its Applied Research, which serves the local industry with their innovations. Camosun Technology Access Centre provides access to equipment and technology to the local and regional companies. The college also launched a student-run food truck in Eastern Ontario as a part of its Culinary Arts Program. It is the first food truck in Western Canada that is run by students.
Why should you choose Camosun College?
- Ranks 113 among the colleges in Canada.
- Ranks 1641 among the colleges in the continent of North America.
- It has the largest business school in Vancouver.
- It is the largest trade and technical training provider in Vancouver
- Offers education to more than 1100 indigenous students from First Nations, Métis, and Inuit Groups every year.
- 91% of graduates are either employed or pursuing higher studies.
- Partnership with various industries for research, development and design.
- 5 intercollegiate Charger athletic teams in volleyball, golf and basketball; won the Provincial and National award.
- Partnered with Nova Scotia Community College to provide marine education.
- Arranges Co-op education programs, internships and workshops or seminars.
- More seats expected to be added in technology and engineering programs.
- 92% of students are satisfied with Camosun’s education.
- 83% of Camosun graduates have been successfully working.
- 78% of students could successfully apply the skills and knowledge received from the college in their jobs.
- 46% of students from Camosun opted for higher studies.
|Type of College||Public|
|Average Tuition Fee(domestic)||CAD 2500-CAD 3800|
|Average Tuition Fee (International)||CAD 7000|
|Test Scores Accepted||IELTS, TOEFL|
Campus and Residential Facilities
Picturesque campuses on the Vancouver Island, in Victoria. About 19000 students are accommodated in the campuses.
- Two campuses – Lansdowne and Interurban.
- Lansdowne Campus – located on the corner of Lansdowne and Foul Bay Roads. View of Victoria and the Olympic Mountains. Houses 21 buildings.
- Interurban Campus – Located in Saanich, in a rural environment, 15 minutes drive from downtown. Houses 28 buildings.
- In both the campuses, parking is provided in first come first serve basis.
- Education from two off-campus sites – Belmont Secondary School and Camosun Coastal Centre.
- No on-campus residences.
- Home-stay facility for International Students
- Live with local Canadian families and experience the culture.
- Hosts are selected by the college.
- Fully furnished comfortable rooms
- Home-stay with food or without food can be opted for. For ‘With Food’, the host buys the food.
- Prepare own meal for both with or without food options.
- Laundry facilities available.
- Apply at least six weeks before the classes start for accommodation.
- First month payment to college.
- Application form link-camosun.ca/international/_documents/Homestay/student-homestay-application.pdf and send via mail or email.
- Address for mail and email –
Housing Coordinator, Camosun International
3100 Foul Bay Road
Canada V8P 5J2
email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs, Faculties and Divisions
- More than 160 (full time and part time) programs offered.
- Offers –
- University Transfer Programs
- Applied Degree Programs
- Upgrade and Preparatory Programs
- Career and Trades Training
- Continuing Education or Professional Development Courses.
- Offers certificate, degrees and diplomas.
- Offers Dual Credit (SIP) to South Island High School students.
- Offers workshops, internships and contract training for professionals.
- Offers credit transfer.
Continuing Education Areas
Dual Credit (SIP) Options
Arts and Language
Computer and Engineering
English as a Second Language
Health and Human Services
Math, Science and Technology
Sports and Exercises
Trades and Apprenticeships
University Transfer Options
Centre for Indigenous Education and Community Connections
Centre for Sport and Exercise Education
School of Access
School of Arts and Science
School of Business
School of Health and Human Services
School of Trades and Technology
Arts and History
Building and Facility Services
Computer & Digital Technologies
Culinary and Food Service
First Aid & Safety
Online Courses and Programs
Prenatal and Parenting
Supply Chain Management
Tourism and Hospitality
Motor Vehicle and Metal
All about the Application Process
- Academic requirement differs for each program.
- General requirement - Passed high school or equivalent or passed Camosun Alternative or Assessment
- Assessment Centre of Camosun College offers exams to evaluate English or Math skills
- English Proficiency requirements for International Students –
- Completed BC English 12 with C+ or above.
- Qualified Camosun Assessment Test
- IELTS Score – 6.0 (UG Programs) and 6.5 (PG Programs)
- TOEFL iBT Score – 83 with minimum 20 on each level (UG Programs) and 88 with minimum 20 on each level (PG Programs).
- ESL or other English learning programs for foreign students.
- International Students from countries having Study Direct Stream (SDS) or Canada Express Study (CDS) meet corresponding requirements.
- Official transcripts and credentials of previous educations.
- Apply for Student Visas
How and When to Apply?
Domestic applicants except BC/Yukon High School students can apply anytime.
- Domestic applicants apply via Education Planner - apply.educationplannerbc.ca/apply/complete-application/camosun or fill offline form
- BC/Yukon High School students, apply between September 15 and May 15.
- International Students can apply thrice in Fall, Winter and Summer within the deadlines.
- Download and fill the Application Form - camosun.ca/international/_documents/Camosun-International-Student-Application.pdf
- For international students, send official documents –
Camosun College Lansdowne
3100 Foul Bay Rd.
Victoria BC V8P 5J2
Application Fee and Deadlines
|CAD 41 For Joint Degree Program in Nursing – CAD 110||CAD 100|
Deadlines for International Students
|Session||Within Canada||Outside Canada|
|Fall||July 8||June 27|
|Winter||November 8||November 1|
|Summer||March 8||March 1|
Cost and Expenses
Tuition and Other Fees
|Average Tuition Fee (Domestic)||CAD 2500 – CAD 3800|
|Average Tuition Fee (International)||CAD 7000|
|Registration deposit (Domestic)||CAD 175|
|Registration deposit (International)||CAD 1000|
|Student society Fees and Levies||CAD 46.45 per month|
|Home-stay (International students)||CAD 3800|
|Home-stay Administration Fee(one-time fee)||CAD 225|
- Bursaries available for Canadian students enrolled in full-time programs.
- Some bursaries –
- Adele & Robert McAdams Bursary
- B & B Sivertz Memorial Bursary Fund
Application for bursaries can be done online every year starting September and January.
Entrance Awards and Entrance Bursaries
- For full-time Canadian students.
- Awarded based on financial need.
- Has to be applied for.
- Mentionable awards and bursaries –
- Peninsula Co-Op Entrance Awards – CAD 1000
- Knowledge First Foundation Entrance Awards – CAD 1500
- Joyce Family Foundation Entrance Bursary - CAD 2000
- Princess Auto Foundation Entrance Bursaries – CAD 5000
- Applicable for all students.
- Can be applied in March.
- Selected by the awards committee.
- Mentionable awards –
- Healthy Minds Awards – CAD 500
- Peter and Muriel Mixon Awards – CAD 500
- Leadership in African Awareness Award – CAD 500
- Students can submit only one application for each award.
- Presented by donors outside the college.
- Mentionable awards/scholarships –
- Mensa Canada Scholarship Programme – CAD 1000 to CAD 3000
- Terry Fox Humanitarian Award – CAD 7000
Academic Advancement Scholarships
- Applicable for International Students enrolled in full-time courses.
- Should have minimum GPA of 7.0.
- 5 scholarships are awarded.
- Value – CAD 1000.
- Apply within February 15 to any one of Camosun Lansdowne or Interurban Campus.
- Student Loans
- Government funding
Work While You Study
- Available for International Students as part of co-operative education.
- Permitted work hours – 20 hours per week for off campus.
- Only international students enrolled in full-time courses applicable for the program.
- ESL students are not applicable.
- Students should have Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- Should fulfill criteria according to Citizenship and Immigration rules of the Canadian Government.
- More than 60,000 alumni.
- Presents awards to deserving and talented students.
- Awards distinguished alumnus who has contributed to the society with their work.
- Benefits offered –
- Health, dental and travel insurances.
- Access to the college library.
- Career assistance services to the alumni of the network.
- Professional Development courses.
- Discounts on fitness and activity classes.
- Alumni mugs and pin.
- 20% discount on College Diploma Frame through college bookstore, after graduating.
- Apple Education Discounts through the college bookstore. Valid up to 30 days after graduation.