Camosun College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Located in Victoria, British Columbia Camosun College is a community college that was established in 1971 and is the largest public college in British Columbia. The college has two campuses- Lansdowne and Interurban road. Almost 20,000 students studying at the college out of which more than 2,100 students are international students from more than 80 countries making it one of the sought after universities in Canada.
Apart from the International Students studying here, 1200 indigenous students are granted admission at Camosun College from the First Nations, Métis, and Inuit communities. The college offers over 160 programs with its 7 schools. The programs are certificate, diploma, associate degrees, dual credits, bachelor’s degrees, postgraduate diplomas, and continuing programs.
The college has 1,200+ faculty members, staff, administration and the average class size is 24. 90% of the graduates are very satisfied with their studies at the college. The percentage of graduates who went for further studies and were employed is 92%.
Camosun College Rankings
Camosun College is ranked
- Amongst Canada’s top 50 research colleges by Research Source INC. in 2018
- #113 among the Public Colleges in Canada
- #1641 in the North American Continent
|Student satisfaction Rate||90%|
|Graduate employment Rate||92%|
Camosun College Campus
- The College spans across 2 comprehensive campuses in Victoria at Lansdowne and Interurban with a class size of nearly 24 students per class. Both cities are regarded as one of the best cities for international students in Canada in terms of entertainment, learning, and diversity.
- Both campuses come equipped with facilities-services for continued productivity with libraries, computer labs, fitness centers, study rooms, cafeteria, and help centers.
- Student clubs, competitive sports teams, exercise classes, career fairs available for the student’s extracurricular activities.
- International Student Services with staff from 15 countries caters admissions, housing, orientation, academic advising, counseling, social & cultural activities, study abroad programs.
Camosun College Residence
- Camosun College does not offer on-campus accommodation to both domestic and international students.
- However, Camosun Homestay Program for international students willing to study in Canada selects hosts and matches them to student applicants in order to ensure the best possible housing facilities.
- The homestay application forms should be submitted at least 6 weeks prior to the classes start.
- Homestay with/without Food is provided while staying with a Canadian Family
- With Food homestay: Dinner provided by Host Family, breakfast-lunch to be prepared by self in the shared kitchen
- Without Food homestay: All meals self-prepared in the shared kitchen.
- Estimated costs for accommodation, Food (and without option), and Miscellaneous amount in the range of 1300 CAD-1500CAD/month. A one-time housing administration fee of 225 CAD is required.
Camosun College Top Programs
- Camosun College offers more than 160 programs at undergraduate and postgraduate levels which are associate degrees, certificates, diploma, 4-year bachelor degrees, and postgraduate diplomas
- The areas of study are academic upgrading, arts, and language, advanced studies, health and human services, trades, university transfer options, ESL, business, computer, and engineering, sports and exercise, etc
- It offers courses through seven schools and online options are also there
- Camosun College provides study abroad options, dual credits, and continuing education. The dual credit options are business, communications, culinary, health, construction, technology, motor vehicle, and metal
- The duration of diplomas are 1 to 3 years and associate degrees is 2 years
- International students can apply for 71 programs
- Some of the majors are accounting, finance, marketing, criminal justice, economics, psychology, geography, physics, digital media, etc.
Some of the top programs with their fees:
|Certificate in Business Administration||$14,840|
|Postgraduate Diploma in General Management||$6,360|
|Diploma in Community, Family and Child Studies||$14,840|
|Diploma in Criminal Justice||$14,840|
|Associate degree in Psychology||$14,840|
Camosun College Application Process
Camosun College follows a similar application process for both domestic and international students. International Students to secure admission to Camosun college are required to follow the enlisted application process. Online application through Legible copies of supporting documents to be submitted via email
Application Portal: EducationPlannerBC International Application
Application Fee: 100 CAD
- Secondary School Graduation
- Minimum Score in Prerequisite Subjects: C+ or 70%
- English Language Proficiency Score:
- Officially certified academic transcripts and Credentials
- Study Permit
- Deferral Procedure Form/First Semester International Student Refund
- International Applicant Declaration
- SOP for Canada
- Permission to Release Information Form
- English Proficiency test score
- Program-specific documents
The deadlines of application for students within Canada and outside Canada-
|Term||Within Canada||Outside Canada|
|Fall||July 10||June 30|
|Winter||November 10||October 31|
|Summer||March 10||February 28|
Camosun College Cost of Attendance
The estimated cost of living in Canada is dependent on the program opted, university, type of accommodation, and personal expenses. The estimated expenses at Camosun college is tabulated as follows:
|Type of expenses||Cost in CAD/semester|
|Homestay administration fee||225|
|Books and supplies||700-1000|
Camosun College Scholarship
- Camosun College offers financial aid in the form of scholarships, loans, grants, and bursaries.
- Bursaries and awards handed out to 1430+ students for the academic year 2018-19
- A sum of more than 996000 CADwas dispersed for student assistance. However, deserving international students are eligible for the following scholarship:
Camosun International Academic Advancement Scholarship:
- Annual scholarships of 1000 CAD awarded to international students who have completed at least one year of full-time studies in an academic program at Camosun College.
- Eligibility criteria based on academic achievement (GPA: 7.0) and community involvement
- Complete and submit the following documents to Camosun International before May 1.
- Scholarship Application Form
- A one page Cover Letter outlining community involvement and/or volunteer activities
- Letter referencing your volunteer via community project supervisor
- Scholarships in Canada for international students by external agencies are also opted by a number of deserving international students.
- International students can also opt for Work-study options in Canada to meet their financial needs.
Camosun College Alumni
The college maintains a strong alumni network with more than 65,000 alumni.
- The alumni benefits include the following:
- Access to Home Insurance through TD Insurance Meloche Monnex program
- Health/Dental/Travel Insurance
- Career Services
- Library Access
- Continuing Education/Professional Development
- Fitness and Recreation Discounts
- Notable Alumni:
- Daniel Diemer: Actor (The Half of It (2020))
- Ravinder Kahlon: Canadian Politician, Field Hockey Player
- Gord Johns: Member of the House of Commons, Businessman, Politician
- Nadia Myre: Contemporary Visual Artist
Camosun College Placements
- The college provides free career coaching and resources. By logging into the co-op and career portal students and alumni can find jobs, workshops and know about career fairs
- Employment experts are available to help in the resume, cover letter writing, interview preparation, networking skills, etc
- Most programs of the college have an option of internships or co-op education through which students can gain experience as well as they can earn
- In the past years, the college has maintained an 86% placement rate
- The average salary of Camosun College graduates is CAD 53,164. Some salaries according to their job role is given below in CAD-
|Job Role||Average Salary (CAD)|
The college is among one of the top 50 research colleges in Canada. It scored well in many areas and ranked #3rd for research growth and #4th for research intensity in the top 10 for Canada.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://apply.educationplannerbc.ca/
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Hospitality management diploma was a program with shorter commitment in terms of time and resources and is a well recognized program among employers in the hospitality sector in British Columbia and it's neighboring provinces. The program comes with a couple of mandatory co-op terms which helped an international student like me to begin my journey with so called " Canadian Experience"
Course Curriculum :
It looks very well balanced to me, everything we are exposed to has a direct or indirect use in the hospitality field. First year is more about easier and introductory curriculum such as hotel operations, communications surrounding business, beverage and kitchen operations etc as compared to the second year where courses are more about things we need to know within the confines of a workplace such as hospitality law, business strategy etc. I enjoyed what a small college like CamoSun had to offer
I had applied online through the international admissions portal, EducationPlannerBC. I had made an online payment of my application fee of around $ 110. I had received an application number and an e-payment receipt and I had saved these. I had also emailed scanned copies of my high school transcripts to the college. I had also sent a copy of my passport with the photograph page and the address page.
Course Curriculum :
We had the perfect blend of classroom lectures and laboratory sessions where we put this knowledge to actual practice. We learnt matters such as embedded systems, communications, microelectronics, signal processing and control . In the laboratory, we worked on really exciting experiments with microprocessors, programming languages, solar panels, hydrogen fuel cells and small wind turbines.
When I was in 12th grade all of the colleges and universities in B.C. came to our school, I chose Camosun because it was local so I didn't have to travel anywhere for school. It was the cheapest option as well compared to other schools and I had heard good things about all of their programs. Plus I have heard that a lot of companies hire Camosun graduates
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum is really good. Each class is different and you learn some great skills and knowledge from each course.
I opted for this college because I originally applied, and got accepted, to it for the Nursing program which is extremely innovative as they just designed a brand new, high tech building for the health sciences. Although I switched to Business, the college still has affordable costs and small class sizes to optimize learning and it offers a transfer program. The college is in my hometown and I grew up spending a lot of time there watching volleyball. Throughout high school, I had a 4.0 GPA but I wanted to stay close to home.
Course Curriculum :
So far I'm really enjoying it, particularly statistics.
After completing my bachelor's I was working in a company in the HR department and I realized that I need special education in this field to land into a better position and a better pay scale. And Camosun was the only college that offered such a program in British Columbia. I was already doing my job here and I wanted to find such a course somewhere near. So, I applied to the university through the online portal and was charge with $100 as the application fee.
Course Curriculum :
I'm very much satisfied with the course design. The course covered topics like HR management foundations, recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits and prepares me to work for any private or government body. The course helped me gain practical skills and experience by providing us with academic studies along with the work experience in the internship provided. Internships were like implementing the theories into real business problems.
- Bus Station
- Super Market
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary