Heritage College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1988, Cegep Heritage College is a public university in Gatineau, Quebec, 10 minutes from downtown Ottawa. It is the only tuition-free, public, Anglophone CEGEP in Western Quebec. Admissions to Heritage college are offered for post-secondary education to over 1,500 students from across the globe in regular education and continuing education programs.
Programs are taught in English and lead to a Diploma of College Studies (DEC). The college offers 2 categories of programs including pre-university programs and career programs. Students are offered programs that prepare them for further studies and to join the workforce. Heritage college offers a variety of programs with 2 tier and 3 year duration helping the students in building their theoretical knowledge as well as to enhance technical skills for future professional growth. The college is aimed at providing learning opportunities to the students, adding to their education, career, and life-long goals.
Heritage College Rankings
- Uni page rankings ranked heritage college in world ranking #11129
- Uni page rankings ranked heritage college in country ranking #216
|Mode of program||Full-time/part-time|
|English language proficiency score||TOEFL/IELTS/CAE/PTE/CAEL/MELAB/CLES|
|Financial aid||Available by government and international organisations in the form of scholarships and grants|
Heritage College Campus and Residence
- Heritage College hosts 2 campuses, the main campus in cite de jeunes and the Pontiac campus in Campbell’s bay.
- Heritage college is all for athletes as it offers 6 intercollegiate sports teams, 2 for men and 6 for women. Several of heritage’s students are members of alliance sport etudes.
- The semester fee includes access to the newly renovated well equipped fitness centre which offers yoga activities and health and wellness workshops.
- The campus has an auditorium with a capacity of 156 seats, a huge boardroom, internet accessible conference rooms, a cafeteria, sports fields and spacious grounds for athletes, a huge library and onsite parking.
- The college has around 18 student clubs and a student association to manage these clubs.
- Life at heritage cannot be boring because of the facilities provided by college( free breakfasts and BBQ’s, coffee houses, drama clubs, contests, special occasions, award nights, talent shows and many more).
- 50% of the total students admitted to the college are from overseas.
- Residential service is not provided by college.
- However, rentals are available near college
Heritage College Programs
- Heritage College offers 2 year pre- university programs, 3 year career programs.
- The college has a unique Centre for Continuing Education which offers 1 year programs in more than 10 academic areas. These programs can be studied according to evening and weekend schedules.
- The pre university programs are provided in 4 subject areas: liberal arts, science, social science and visual arts.
- The career programs come with extra technical skills and are provided in 8 subject areas. Popular career programs amongst the international students include accounting and management technology, computer science, nursing, hotel and restaurant management.
- Students studying in Quebec are required to take general education courses as a part of college curriculum. However, the students can choose from the 5 options available (English, French, humanities/philosophy, math and physical education.
Heritage College Application Process
Before applying to Heritage College, all the international students must consider following points:
Application portal: SRAM online application
Application fee: 30 CAD (non- refundable)
- Winter semester: August 31
- Fall semester: March 31
- Education certificate equivalent to Quebec Secondary V Diploma
- Birth certificate
- Transcripts and diplomas from high schools (last 3 years)
- Transcripts and diploma from colleges(if attended)
- Language test results
- Official Letter of Acceptance
- Certificate of Acceptance for Studies
- Study Permit
- Study Permit (from step 5)
|Language tests||Minimum score required|
No component below 20
|Bright language / CLES||B2|
|Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL)||70|
No band below 4.0
|IELTS -Academic Version||6.5
No band below 6.0
|Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)||85|
- Comparative evaluation of studies( it will be done by SRAM during application process)
- Study permit/visa
Heritage College Cost of Attendance
Non-Canadian full-time student registration fees
|Residential terms||Fee – per semester|
|All pre-university programs, Early Childhood Care and Education, Computer Science, Accounting and Management Technology, etc.||6,330 CAD|
|Electronics Technology||8,134 CAD|
|Residential terms (Non-Canadian part-time student registration fees)||Fee (per course credit)|
|All pre-university programs, Early Childhood Care and Education,
Computer Science, Accounting and Management Technology, etc.
|Electronics Technology||38.60 CAD|
Heritage College Financial Aid for international students
Awards in the form of scholarships are available to international students for study and research work in Canada.
Heritage College does not directly provide assistance and scholarships but the Canadian government, international organisations; non profit organisations offer numerous scholarships for the international students planning to study in Canada.
- The type of scholarships an international student is eligible for is country specific.
- Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED)
- Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED)
- Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program
The scholarship amount ranges from 5000 CAD to 60,000 CAD.
- Students seeking financial assistance must submit their application every year. It is advised to submit the application at least 6 weeks prior to the start of semester to receive financing on time.
Heritage College Alumni
- Heritage College has been successful in building its own alumni network starting from 7 students to about 1500 students till date. Not only the ex students but their parents also are a part of this community.
- The college often celebrates the creation of such networks and contact and recognizes alumni for their extra ordinary inputs and contributions.
- It helps them expand their professional connections and volunteer for lectures and assist the next generation.
- Some notable alumni from heritage college include Caitlin Tolley (ministry of attorney general, Ontario), Chris dyer ( Peruvian artist) etc.
Heritage College Placement
Heritage College offers internship opportunities to students for over three months during the summer. Students are provided work term placement through the assistance of Cegep Heritage College co-op programs designed to meet the evolving needs of the industry. Students who have enrolled for Bilingual Office Administration and programs related to Web and Desktop designing must mandatorily complete an internship as a part of their graduate education requirements. Fresh recruitments begin in January and continue through the entire winter semester until May.
Ques. When can candidates apply for admission to Heritage College?
Ans. Fresh applications from international students are accepted during the fall and winter semesters. The application deadline for the winter semester is August 31 and fall semester is March 31.
Ques. How should I apply for programs at the Heritage College?
Ans. International applicants must apply online through the SRAM online application. Additionally, they must submit all the necessary documents through mail or by uploading them directly to the SRAM application account.
Ques. Do I need to submit a GRE for admission to Heritage College?
Ans. No. The Heritage College, Canada does not require GRE scores for admission.
Ques. Does Heritage College, Canada allow late admission to programs?
Ans: Yes. Heritage College allows late admission to programs. However, candidates cannot apply directly through the SRAM after completing the Round 3 deadline for the Fall semester and Round 2 deadline for the Winter Semester. In such situations, candidates must connect with the Registrar's Office to inquire about the program availability, late admissions, and any possible alternatives.
Ques. How will the classes be carried out for the winter semester?
Ans: Considering COVID-19 pandemic, Heritage College will carry out all the classes through hybrid and online lectures.
Ques. How can I apply for student placement at Heritage College?
Ans: Heritage College offers internship facilities to students during summer starting from January to March. Eligible students must follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for the program:
- Connect to the co-op coordinator and define your employment requirements
- Students must submit their job description or offer for hire
- The co-op coordinator will provide job applications to the interested students
- Go through the interview process
After selection, the candidate will be asked to sign a work term agreement that outlines the position's conditions and objectives and will be guided about the profile-related work.
Ques. When can I expect to receive my official letter of acceptance from Heritage College?
Ans: The Heritage College will process applications within 3 to 8 weeks depending on the bulk of applications received. Students will be notified via email from the college with an attached official letter of acceptance.
Ques. Do I need to submit a resume for admission?
Ans: No, Heritage College does not ask for a resume to complete the admission process.
Ques. Does Heritage College offer on campus accommodation?
Ans. Heritage College does not offer on campus accommodation. Students are responsible to find accommodation. A number of rooms on rent are available in the area surrounding the campus.
FIND A PROGRAM
To start with, I got to know about this college during my online search for education in Canada. I applied at a number of colleges, to be exact, 14 of them. However, my reason to join this college was its modern facilities, a friendly atmosphere, and dynamic extra-curricular and social activities that made this college the perfect place to study. The college demands $30 as an application fee which I submitted during the online application process.
Course Curriculum :
My course delivered skills needed by potential accountants and business management professionals. The subjects included in my curriculum were business research, financial management, accountancy, business computer applications, and languages including English and French. The course provided me with in-depth knowledge about the subject and helped me to gain skills in Accounting and management.
I had always been eager to study in Canada. I found a computer science course which looked promising and applied to the college. I applied to the college from the online portal and paid an application fee of around $30. I had scored 85% in grade 12 and was able to clear the english proficiency requirements as well.
Course Curriculum :
My program is a professional course that provides the necessary skills for further education and works in the Information Technology sector. My curriculum consists of subjects such as web programming, hardware, and operating systems, mathematics for computer science, french, IT security. The course gave me a wide knowledge of the array of languages and security.
After high school, I decided to pursue a bachelor's degree in Accounting and related disciplines. Heritage College is well known for English College education in Western Quebec for more than 40 years. The college is one of the only colleges in Quebec to have tuition-free education and is public. One of the best things that I liked about this college was that it offers paid summer internships. I applied to the university through an online application portal along with the application fee of $75.
Course Curriculum :
I always wanted a vocational education program and this course provides me with the skills to succeed in the modern business world. My subjects include Financial Accounting, Business Applications, Workplace Preparation, Working Capital Management, Cost Accounting among others. The course is designed so as to give us a solid background in all these disciplines.
Studying abroad was my dream. I discovered the Heritage College while researching online, on the best Canadian colleges for Diploma in Computer Science. Heritage college was offering an industry-oriented Computer Science course that provided two paid summer internships as part of the course and work opportunities after graduation, thus increasing chances of employability. I had to submit my High School certificates and the TOEFL score to make an application through the SRAM application portal. I had to pay around $30 as an application fee.
Course Curriculum :
My course was designed to provide holistic coverage of the important aspects of Computer Science as a subject in theory and practice. The subjects included in my curriculum were Hardware and Operating systems, Programming, Web Programming, Business in the Workplace, and IT Security. The course provided me with more practical knowledge in the field of Computer Science which turned out to be beneficial.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary