Red River College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Red River College is the largest institution of applied learning and research in its province of Manitoba in Canada. Red River College was founded in the mid-1930s in the city of Winnipeg. It is one of the best places to study in Canada. Although the academy was initially established as the Industrial Vocational Education Centre by three citizens of Winnipeg to help educate the youth about trade, it has remained rooted in educating and nurturing the minds of the youth to have brighter futures. The initial success of the academy acquired the support and funding from the federal government and has since upheld the respect of students and citizens alike.
Red River College is closely associated with Notre Dame and could be branded as a community college as suggested by its former name. This institution is invested in training those interested to attain a good skill set in the fields of Science, Technology, Trade, and Commerce as well as Arts. It is committed to providing grand learning alongside the impeccable blend of culture, discipline, diversity, and character. With a total enrolment of over 21,000 students annually and over 200 degrees and certificate programs, this academy certainly sets a high standard for numerous other colleges. Being one of the oldest vocational, educational and research institutions in the world, Red River College offers some of the best quality in learning in the likes of Aircraft and Aerospace, Applied Accounting, Business Information Technology, Culinary Arts, Digital Media Design, Tourism Management, Medical Sciences and much more.
Red River College Ranking
In view of its potency, Red River College has been ranked as follows for the year 2019- 2020:
- One of Canada’s Top 10 research institutions
- At the World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics Awards, Red River College had been awarded the silver award in the category of Applied Research.
- This academy has received high praise for its Aerospace faculty and learning experience as facilitated by the college.
- The Culinary Arts (food services) program provisioned by the college has been ranked at high feats
- The institute was also titled as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for 4 years in a row
|Year of establishment||1930|
|Type of university||Public|
|Affiliation||Campus Manitoba, Canadian Bureau for International Education, Canadian University Press|
|Seat percentage for international students||24%|
|Test scores accepted||TOEFL /IELTS|
Red River College Campus
As large as it is, Red River College has 8 campuses across Manitoba in an urban setting. These also account for the ones located in rural communities. The campuses are constructed to help enhance the experiences of the students in a sense of workplace stability and cohesion. Home to a wide variety of educational disciplines, services, and amenities, the Notre Dame campus is the largest campus under Red River College.
- Adding to its vastness, Red River College has 8 Student Residences, one in each campus, featuring furnished rooms and sleek amenities
- The campus has an in-house store that is well-equipped with books, stationeries, giftware, clothing, and college merchandise
- The institute also caters to students’ food services with arrangements of Tim Horton’s at the Robin Centre, Jane’s at the Peterson’s GlobalFoods Institute which also trains students to hone their culinary skills and several such services.
- The academy also delivers health education, treatment of various ailments, and support to the students.
- The institute boasts a rate of 96% graduate satisfaction and 94% graduate employment.
Red River College Student Residence
With 8 student residences, the Red River College intends to serve students with a complacent and pleasant atmosphere adhering to their needs and content.
- The Student Residence has certainly evoked the likes and comforts of students bearing outstanding facilities such as public kitchen, single or double suites, shared laundry rooms, and numerous areas for entertainment, recreation, and socializing, all with access to WiFi.
- The Residence is well routed with strong network connectivity that is provisioned by the college academic network and is subject to College IT policies and guidelines.
- The resident students may also choose to elect for additional amenities in the likes of television, internet, and phone services at their own cost.
- Additional arrangements such as microwaves and refrigerators are made to enhance a home away from home feeling. Students may also bring their own appliances if desired.
- Students can also reside in the off-campus accommodation available in Canada.
Red River College Programs
Aside from being certified and known as one of the leading research institutions in Canada, Red River College is also widely popular for its diverse, distinctive, and copious disciplines and fields. With over 200 full-time and part-time programs, diploma programs and certificate options, Red River College aims to offer flexible and acquiescent courses to students from over 60 countries. The academy has received a high appreciation for its Culinary Arts and Aerospace learning experience, among the others.
- Red River College has numerous programs in the spheres of full-time programs, part-time programs, online programs, and regional programs and courses.
- Out of the innumerable full-time programs, Architectural Technology, Business Technology Management, Communication Design, Professional Baking and Pastry, Hospitality Management and Professional Photography are a few divergent examples
- Apparel Design, Business Analyst, Human Resource Management, and Welding are a few part-time courses.
- Under online programs, the college offers courses in the likes of Software Development, Professional Sales, CADD training and Financial Planning to name a few.
- For regional courses, the desired regional campus must be entered to know further available programs.
- For International Students, the college provides a marvelous range of courses such as Intensive English, Transportation Technology, Creative Arts, Health Sciences, Indigenous Education, and more. The lengths of each program ranging from less than a year to four years.
Red River College Application Process
The admission process at Red River College is easy. Due to the large number of admission applicants every semester, the application process for this academy is strictly and promptly monitored. The academy requires all required items and documents to be submitted to the Supplement Items page of the online application within 30 days of applying. The assessment of your application depends on your consistency of submission of the documents which means that earlier submitted applications would be assessed quicker.
Application Fee: 120 CAD
- The International Foreign Credential Assessment Fee which is charged for assessing foreign credentials related to admission requirements would cost 66.15 CAD including GST.
Application Portal: Official website of Red River College
Student Class Profile:
- Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, admission deadline for the Fall Semester is July 15, 2020, or within 30 days of applying and for all programs starting from January 2021 and after, the documents and English Proficiency Test submission is due within 30 days of applying unless stated otherwise.
- Red River College hosts a total of 1500 international students from over 60 countries
- A completed online application as displayed on the official website of Red River College
- All official transcripts and academic documentation by the deadline specified in the admission letter
- A minimum GPA score of 2.5 and above is required.
- Appearing for the SAT or for the ACT test is optional.
- Students looking forward to the admission in the graduate programs are not required to appear in the GMAT or in the GRE exams.
- English being the language of instruction at the college, thus the international students are required to participate in the English Proficiency test. The minimum scores required are given below:
- All documents such as financial support, health insurance must be submitted within the deadline for verification purposes
- Students may have to submit additional documents, essays, portfolios, resume as specified by the application of certain programs and courses well within the deadline
- Some students may also have to participate in interviews and orientations if mentioned under the specifications of the desired course or discipline.
- International students must submit their attested international credentials such as passport, immigration documents and such for assessment
- High-quality images of the original documents must be submitted only and both sides of the requested document must be presented
- Students aged 19 years or older have an option to apply under the Mature Student Admissions if the regular admission requirements are not met.
- International Students may choose to elect the Intensive English program if the student has not taken an English Proficiency Test or has not met the minimum requirements of the said test
Red River College Cost Of Attendance
Given below is the cost of attendance as per the year 2019- 2020
|Tuition Deposit Fee||400|
|Lab Fee (most programs)||103 - 298|
|Material Fee (most programs)||82 - 1378|
|Technology Fee (some programs)||290|
|Technology Infrastructure Fee (most programs)||89 - 178|
|Health Fee (optional)||730|
|Dental Fee (optional)||120|
Red River College Scholarships and Financial Aid
- The college mentions that while applying for financial loans, grants, etc, the Manitoba Student Aid Branch is the referential contact for the residents of Manitoba.
- Assistance is provided based on the assessment of financial need. It is strongly suggested to apply for these aids well in advance to the commencement of the selected program.
- It could be applied for online through the link provided on the official website. It is to be noted that the loans are interest-free and payment-free during the course of the program.
- If the student is not a resident of Manitoba, they could still apply for financial assistance through your home province.
- The student is given a period of 10 years for normal repayment.
- The official website of the college provides information about the complete list of scholarships and bursaries that are offered. Students can check the list and apply, if eligible, through the application form provided in the said website
- Students on applying for scholarships are required to submit the completed application and supplemental documents by the deadline to the Student Service Centre
- Red River College recorded a sum amount of 2.9 CAD million last year in regards to scholarships and bursaries
- Alternatively, a student can also apply for other scholarships offered by Canada.
Work While You Study
In Canada, international students are allowed to apply for the work while you study. The students can either opt for the on-campus or for the off-campus work while you study. At Red River College the international students are allowed to work off-campus. Through this, the student can earn up to 15 CAD per hour.
Red River College Notable Alumni
The alumni community of the Red River College is a network of fruitful, creative and competent innovators and thinkers.
- Being a part of this community could bring about several perks in day-to-day life, help increase the growth in their careers, and connect with each other to build a stronger network.
- The members of the alumni enjoy exclusive discounts and special access to various VIP events
- The members also receive benefits for recreational purposes such as gym memberships, etc on a payable community rate of 250 CAD for 12 months and 125 CAD for 4 months.
Some notable alumni include:
- Dawna Friesen, Television Journalist, and News Anchor
- Adam Smoluk, Writer and Creator
- Chris Jericho, Professional Wrestler, and Entertainer
- Sean Kavanagh, Reporter, CBC News and many more
Red River College Placements
- The college offers dedicated career services to its students and alumni.
- Its career services include Job/Internship postings, on-campus recruitments drives, workshops, counseling among many others.
- The college has a Job Central portal on which the employers are free to post vacancies and offer employment opportunities to the students.
- The college also invites employers to the campus for recruiting students.
- The salary range in the last three years of the college's programs and courses was 24,960 CAD to 90,000 CAD.
- The college offers a work placement program as well.
The average salaries of the RRC graduates and alumni by degree according to Emolument are tabulated below:
|Business and Applied Arts||21,840 CAD to 59,058 CAD|
|Applied Commerce & Management Education||23,660 CAD to 56,536 CAD|
|Applied Accounting||22,600 CAD to 51,345 CAD|
|Business Admin - Human Resource Management||26,706 CAD to 54,011 CAD|
|International Business||21,476 CAD to 52,753 CAD|
|Creative Arts||24,240 CAD to 55,120 CAD|
Red River College FAQs
Ques. How many students get placed at Red River College?
Ans. 94% of Red River College graduates find work after graduation within six months.
Ques. What are the programs offered at Red River College?
Ans. The college offers over 200 full and part-time degree, diploma, post-diploma, and certificate options. The programs offer experiential learning through industry placements, apprentices, and even paid work terms.
Ques. Where are the campuses of Red River College located?
Ans. The college has eight campuses across the country namely Exchange District Campus, Notre Dame Campus, Stevenson Airport, Interlake and Peguis – Fisher River, Portage la Prairie, Steinbach, Stevenson Southport, and Winkler.
Ques. How many international students are enrolled at Red River College?
Ans. With a student population of nearly 22,000, the college has over 24% international students representing more than 60 countries across the globe.
Ques. Where can the students apply for admissions to Red River College?
Ans. The international applicants can apply through the online portal present on the University’s website.
Ques. What are the intake sessions of the Red River College?
Ans. The admissions at Red River College are invited in the Fall and Spring semesters every year.
Ques. What is the average graduate salary considering all the courses and programs of Red River College?
Ans. The average salary is approximately 24,960 CAD to 90,000 CAD of Red River College graduates.
Ques. What are the scholarships or financial aid options available for the international students at Red River College?
Ans. The college offers financial aids in the form of loans, scholarships, grants, and many more. College administered awards, bursaries, and scholarships totaling more than $2.9 million to help students achieve their academic goals.
Ques. Is there any helpdesk for the students to ask their queries?
Ans. Yes, students can contact the college through email@example.com or through the telephone at 204-632-2143.
FIND A PROGRAM
I opted for this college due to its worldwide acknowledgement in business sector. I did my schooling from Chandigarh. And my score in 12th standard was 89.28%. I was seeking for a short term diploma course after completing my school education, and hence got to know about this course from one of my teachers in the school. The cost of application including all taxes was $110 for each choice and the selection criteria was normally based on my academic scores and entrance test credits.
Course Curriculum :
My course curriculum was updated, short and crisp as per the current market scenario. My first term was common here with other branches of business segment and thereafter I opted for marketing as my major. My subjects were basically focused on building the skills needed to succeed in current business world due to which I could bolstered my understanding of business and digital tools. Moreover, I was introduced to the skills necessary to succeed in the modern global economy.
I got to know about this university while surfing on youtube. I still remember that day when I was watching videos on colleges in order to explore the best one in canada for my higher education. When I saw the living culture and infrastructure of this college, I just loved it. The charges of my online application were $120 including taxes. Coming to my scores in 12th standard, I had 94% in it.
Course Curriculum :
My course was set in such way that in those 28 months, I had learned multiple aspects of engineering like design and production of high quality manufactured goods, quality assurance, equipment selection, mechanical analysis of certain concepts, supervision and management etc. I had performed well through out my course duration.
This is one of the top colleges in winnipeg and a best option to chose a diploma course
Course Curriculum :
This is a good course if you want to start a business or you are looking forward to business analyst position however you need quite an expertise to get a job even if you graduate from this program.
My main reason behind taking admission in this college was my own experience that I felt when my elder brother had been pursuing his graduation here. I visited the campus several time before taking admission here. Coincidentally my first year of program was the final year of my brother in college. The application fees was $150.
Course Curriculum :
In my course there were many core topics which provided me deeper insight into areas of technology.
I had chosen this college due to its world wide recognition in the technology segment. I read about this college in an international article published back then. Thereafter I approached a private consultancy in order to get aware about the selection procedure and the key requirements.
Course Curriculum :
In my course what I loved the most was designing part. As a designer, my main job was to learn the most unique pattern making in less time. In addition to it, I had gotten an artistic training in the technology, techniques, and philosophy of graphic design as well there.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary