Red River College is one of the largest public institutes of applied learning and research in Manitoba. It offers more than 200 full-time and part-time degree, diploma, and certificate courses. The medium of education followed by the college is English.
Why choose Red River College?
- Nine campuses; capacity 22,000 students each year.
- International students per year- 1400 from 60 countries.
- Ensures indigenous learners academic supports and services.
Rankings and Standings
- Among top 150 colleges in Winnipeg, Canada
- Named one of Canada’s Greenest Employer, 2018.
- Paterson Global Foods Institute first historically designated building in Manitoba to receive LEED Gold certification.
- Canada’s top Applied Research College with wide range of innovation initiatives for small and medium-sized businesses.
- The college runs Smart Factory and Centre for Aerospace Technology and Training, which is supported by Western Economic Diversification Canada.
- The ACE Project Space run by RRC is a unique initiative where students of Applied Computer Education get the opportunity to work beside industry leaders, entrepreneurs, and community organizations.
- The Culinary Research & Innovation has discovered new food products such as hemp macaroons and a miso paste produced from beer-brewing byproducts.
- Science of Early Child Development resource in partnership with the World Bank and Aga Khan University trains early childhood educators across Canada and around the globe.
- Their waste and recycling program maintains 40% diversion rate which is significantly higher than the Winnipeg average.
- They also have Elders in Residence who provide spiritual and cultural guidance to all across campuses.
What Do Students Say?
Red River College excels in securing the interest of its students. It makes sure each learner get lifetime experience during the course of their stay in the campus.
- The programs offered are structure to resonate with the needs of the students.
- The Student Service Center ensures students cherish all the services offered by the college.
- The Indigenous Student Support and Community Relation department makes the newcomers and the current indigenous students feel welcomed.
|Type of University||Public College|
|Seat Percentage of International||24%|
|Basic Tuition Fee Degree Course||$6014 CAD|
|Basic Tuition Fee Diploma Course||$3922 CAD|
|Basic Tuition Fee Certificate Course||$3307 CAD|
|International Students Basic Tuition Fee||$400 CAD|
|Test Scores Accepted||TOEFL, IELTS, CanTEST|
Campuses and Residence
- Nine campuses
- Five campuses located in rural Manitoba.
- RRC’s largest campus
- Includes applied research labs, fitness facilities, child room, a full-service library, etc.
- An inter-lake campus serving communities in the Interlake and North Eastern region
- Offers wide range of programs including Business, Health Care Aide, Child and Youth Care, Carpentry, and more
- Location: Central Plains region of Manitoba
- Offers full-time diploma, certificate, part-time courses, and workshops.
- World-class gymnasium, student lounge, and full-furnished computer study area
- State-of-the-art facilities with the broad range of education and training opportunities
- Offers business, health care, and education related courses
- Student-friendly environment, convenient location, and small class sizes
- Located in Winnipeg and Portage La Prairie
- Graduates of this campus are found throughout the aerospace and aviation industry of Canada
- Runs classes in Pembina Valley
- Offers variety of Continuing Education Programs
- Runs mature student Diploma program and Academic Upgrading Courses via Winkler Community Learning Centre.
Exchange District Campus
- Located in central downtown Winnipeg in close proximity to Roblin Center and Paterson Global Foods Institute
- Home to business, creative arts, IT, hospitality and culinary arts program
- Encompasses ACE Project Space where the students work with the entrepreneurs-in-residence
- Serves in the region of Interlake and North Eastman
- Offers broad range of programs including part-time courses.
Language Training Center
- Runs Intensive English, English for Specific Purpose, and Academic Language Preparation
- More than 1000 students enrolled in English Language program every year
- Exchange District Campus residence for all post-secondary students
- Pre-booking of the rooms online
Rooms and Meal Plans
- Air-conditioned fully-furnished single and double bedroom suites with Internet & Wi-Fi
- Student card for meal plan
- The meal plan is valid in any Winnipeg campus food services location
- Wireless network in the lounge area
Programs, Faculties and Divisions
More than 200 full-time, part-time Degree, Diploma, Post-Diploma, and Certificate courses. Approximately 100 career-related online part-time, evening, and continuing education courses.
- Offers full-time, part-time, evening, and online course.
- More than 100 full-time day programs
- Co-op programs for students with cumulative grade points 2.0 and relevant work experience
Everything About Application Process
Apply online for admission to Red River College. However, the paper application is also accepted.
- Official Original secondary and post-secondary (if applicable) transcript(s)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Passport Identification and Address Page
- Immigration Documents – If available at the time of application, please submit your Study Permit or Study Permit approval letter
English Proficiency Requirement
|ESL||7.0-8.0 (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing)|
|IELTS||6.5 (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing)|
|CanTest||3.5- 4.5 (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing)|
|Communication for Culinary Skills Course||7.0- 8.0 (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing)|
What if You Fail to Qualify English Proficiency Test?
Complete an English Language Proficiency Assessment (ELPA) before applying for admission.
How, When and Where to Apply?
Submit application form six months prior to the commencement of the program via official website of the college.
- Go to the college’s website, www.rrc.ca
- Create your RRC account and set your own password
- Make the payment of the application fee CAD 100
- Submit all the mandatory supporting documents
- The application will be assessed and an offer letter will be issued
- Letter of Acceptance will be issued on the deposit of CAD1100
- Use the letter of acceptance to apply for the study permit
- Pay the tuition fee 60 days prior to the commencement of the program
Cost and Expenditure
|Endowment Fess||CAD 53 per year|
|Health Plan Fees||CAD 135|
|Dental Plan Fees||CAD 120|
|Student Association Fees||CAD 5.75- CAD 105 per term|
|Student Repatriation Fees||CAD 60|
|Tuition Deposit Fees||CAD 400|
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- More than CAD 2.9 million in awards, bursaries, and scholarships
- Awarded to students with financial needs showing exceptional performance in academics.
Bell MTS Telecommunication Award
- Amount- CAD 1000 available for Aboriginal students enrolled in the full-time program
- Application Deadline- October 08 (Fall programs) and February 01 (Winter programs)
Betty Andrich Memorial Entrance Award
- Amount- CAD 2000; for first-year students of full-time Library and Information Technology program
- Application Deadline- September 30
Awarded on the basis of financial needs and academic progress.
Business Administration Relocation Bursary
- Amount- CAD 1000; for students who relocated to Winnipeg from the rural community
- Submit the form online with supporting letter of relocation
- Application deadline- October 15
C.P. Loewen Family Foundation Bursary
- Amount- CAD 1000 awarded to full-time post-secondary program students
- Application deadline- October 15 (Fall Program) and February 15 (Winter Program)
Manitoba Schools Science Symposium (MSSS) Entrance Scholarships
- Amount- CAD 1500; awarded to participant of Manitoba Schools' Science Symposium
- Students are selected by Symposium Committee
Work While You Study
- Valid study permit
- Enrolled in a full-time degree, diploma, or certificate program
- Valid SIN
- Valid study permit
- A full-time student
- Pursuing a program of at least six months duration
Co-Op or Intern- Requirements
- A valid study permit
- Targeted employment must be a crucial element of your study in Canada
- Employment should not form more than 50% of the total study program.
- Students with English or French as the second language or preparatory course are not eligible to work during studies.
- If enrolled in Intensive English or International Students Program- not eligible to work.