Conestoga College Kitchener Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fees & Scholarships
Conestoga College is a public college based in Kitchener, Canada, with an enrollment of over 44,000 students. These include around 7,000 international students from over 80 countries. Renowned in the list of top colleges in Canada, the institute currently offers admissions to over 210 career-focused programs.
Main campus of Conestoga College is Doon campus and other campuses are located in Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Stratford, Ingersoll and Brantford. Some points to be taken into consideration by the prospective candidates of the college looking for higher education in Canada are as follows:
- Admissions at Conestoga College are available in three intakes scheduled in January, May and September.
- The college is moderately competitive while offering admissions and requires a GPA of 3.0 (65 to 80%), IELTS score (6.5), CV and SOP as basic eligibility requirements.
- Graduates of the college are employed within 6 months post their degrees and contribute over 2.3 billion CAD to the local economy each year.
- Nearly 53% of all healthcare professionals in the Waterloo Region are alumni of Conestoga College which rightfully makes it a sought-after choice.
|National Ranking||#12th (Canada’s Top 50 Research Colleges, 2020)|
|Popular Programs||Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Business Management, Healthcare|
|No. of Campuses||5|
|Admission Portal||Ontariocolleges.ca International Application Service|
|Application Fee||100 CAD|
|Acceptance Rate||60-70% (moderate)|
|Admission Season||January, May and September|
|Tuition Fee||6,900-33,630 CAD per year|
|Employment Rate||88% (within 6 months of graduation)|
|Employer Satisfaction Rate||94.4%|
|Popular Jobs for Graduates||Healthcare Professional, IT experts, Business Analysts, Marketing Specialists|
|International Student Helpdesk||https://international.conestogac.on.ca/|
- Conestoga College offers admissions to more than 200 career-focused programs and project-based courses at undergraduate and graduate level.
- Students have the freedom to choose from 62 Co-op courses. The detailed list of courses is compiled below.
|Programs||Fees Per Annum|
|B.B.A International Business Management||$11,040|
|B.B.A Accounting, Audit and Information Technology||$11,040|
|Diploma in Business||$10,000|
|Graduate Certificate in Business Development and Sales||$10,400|
|Diploma in Biotechnology Technician||$10,000|
|Diploma in Graphic Design||$10,000|
|Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Infrastructure||$10,400|
|Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management||$10,400|
|Bachelor of Computer Science||$11,040|
|B.Eng Mechanical System Engineering||$11,040|
|Bachelor of Design||$11,040|
|Diploma in Journalism||$10,000|
|B.Eng Electronic Systems Engineering||$11,040|
- The college is a coveted choice for studying in Canada that achieved an overall rating of 83.6% in the Workwell audit done by the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board.
- Conestoga was ranked among Canada’s top 24 research colleges by Research Insurance Inc.
- Recent surveys by webometrics, the ranking web of universities, indicate that Conestoga college ranks 83 among all the institutions of Canada.
- A detailed overview of the ranking of Conestoga college is mentioned below.
- The main campus of Conestoga College is located in Doon Valley, Kitchener. It has nine academic and training centers in the region.
- Brantford campus offers diploma, certificate, and graduate degree programs in business, community services, liberal studies, and trades.
- Stratford campus provides academic upgrading, career-focused programs, and continuing education opportunities.
- Waterloo campus has a dedicated Masonry Center, Roofing Skill Training Center, HRAC Training Center along with a full-service restaurant.
- Ingersoll Training Center is spread over 12,000 square foot and provides training programs in electrical utilities and power-related programs along with skilled trades programs.
- Conestoga residence is within walking distance to the Doon and Cambridge campuses.
- While applying for the residence facility students must pay 100 USD non-refundable application fees. This fee is not included in the residence fees.
Conestoga college provides its students with two types of on-campus accommodation, namely, two-bedroom open concept style and two-bedroom suite-style. Students can also avail off-campus housing facilities through Place4Students.com, which is recommended by the University.
|Accommodation Type||Summer Semester||Winter Semester||Fall Semester|
|Two bedroom open concept style||2,200||3,275||6,550|
|Two bedroom suite style||1,800||3,650||7,300|
Conestoga accepts applications online through ontratiocolleges.ca. Aspiring candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for admission.
How to apply?
Application Portal: ontariocolleges.ca and Ontariocolleges.ca International Application Service
Application Fee: 100 CAD
|Work Portfolio||up to 10 works compilation|
|Statement of purpose||500 to 1000 words|
|Letters of Recommendation||2 to 3|
|Personal Interview||30 to 45 min (Skype interview)|
International students must prove their proficiency in the English language by appearing in entrance exams for studying in Canada. The minimum scores are given below.
Payment of fee for Conestoga college tuition is to be made once every academic year. The detailed cost of living in Canada is as tabulated below.
|Programs||Domestic Candidates (in CAD)||International Candidates (in CAD)|
|Degrees (4-year program)||8297- 10121||15726- 17156|
|Advanced Diplomas (3-year program)||4357- 6375||13998 - 21491|
|Diplomas (2-year program)||2151- 7541||13998- 21491|
|Graduate Certificate (1-year and 2-year programs)||3203- 20974||7481- 22584|
|Certificate Programs (8 weeks to 1 Year)||1626- 17246||5497- 17731|
The basic tuition fee for some of the popular courses at the college for Indian applicants is as mentioned below.
|Program Type||Fee (in INR, per year)|
While the cost of living in Conestoga college varies for every student, it is a good idea to make an approximation of the amount of money they might have to incur on housing, food, transit and more. This will enable them to generate sufficient funds and support themselves with the cost of living in Canada.
|Items||Monthly Cost (CAD)|
|Academic Materials||500 per semester|
Conestoga College provides its students with many types of financial aid, like scholarships, bursaries, and more. It also reserves some scholarships for international candidates to study in Canada only, thereby, providing them with an opportunity to study in Canada.
- Entrance Excellence Scholarship: This scholarship is worth 1,500 USD and is granted based on the candidate’s previous academic performance.
- Regional-Degree Entrance Scholarship: This award is worth 3000 USD and given to the students who have taken admission in Fall, Spring, and Winter semesters. Award is granted based on the candidate’s academic performance.
- Regional-Graduate Program Entrance Scholarship: This scholarship is worth 1,500 USD and given to the students who have taken admission in Fall, Spring, and Winter based on their academic performance.
|Name of the Scholarship||Scholarship Amount (in CAD)|
|Alumni Association Welcome Home Award||200|
|Conestoga Athletic Entrance Award||NA|
|Conestoga Entrance Academic Grant||500-1000|
|Linamar Corporation Skilled Industrial Trades Scholarship||3110|
|Guelph Chamber of Commerce Millennium Award||1000|
|Weston Family Skilled Trades Scholarship||4000|
|Entrance Excellence Scholarship||1500|
|Continuing Canadian Education Scholarship||1000|
|Regional - Degree Entrance Scholarship||3000|
|Priority Program Scholarships||1000|
|Science and Technology Research Assistantships||10000|
|Other Awards and Grants|
|President's Honour List||Graduation with High Distinction|
|Graduation with Distinction||Conestoga Honour List|
- Bursaries: Bursaries are small amounts of money provided to supplement other sources of funding. Conestoga offers two types of bursaries, namely, Alumni Association Endowed Entrance Bursary and Student Assistance Bursary, that amount to $1000 per semester.
- Other Sources: There are other scholarships and grants that students can apply for in order to get financial aid by Conestoga college.
- Conestoga has a dedicated Career service and employment portal for its students that can help candidates land some of the high paying jobs in Canada.
- More than 88% of the graduates get placed within six months of completing their graduation.
- Students can log in to the myCareer portal to check which company is hiring on-campus and book appointments for interviews.
- On my Conestoga portal, students can check the events calendar of career and job fairs.
As per KPI performance report, the performance of the institute in the last 2 years in comparison to other colleges in Ontario is as mentioned below.
|Conestoga (in %)||Ontario Colleges (in %)||Conestoga (in %)||Ontario Colleges (in %)|
Conestoga College has a work-study program in Canada that enables its students to fund their education at college. The work-study program enables many international students to study in Canada with ease and convenience. Students who wish to avail the Conestoga College Work-Study Program will have to demonstrate a need for financial aid as determined by the Student Financial Services.
Many work-study positions have been funded by Conestoga college, some of which are given below:
- Accessibility Services - Peer Educator
- Bookstore - Sales/Operations Clerk
- IT Services - Help Desk, Software/Hardware Support, Lab Monitor
- Learning Commons - Marketing Intern, Peer Tutors, Math Mentors, Office Technology Assistant
On the concluding part, after having gone through the trends and other statistics related to the college, it can be doubtlessly said that Conestoga College is rightfully one of the esteemed and favored choices for studying in Canada.
Ques. Is Conestoga College a good institute for studying in Canada?
Ans. Yes, Conestoga College is one of the sought-after choices for studying in Canada and is ranked 12th in the top 50 research institutes in Canada. It is also ranked in the top 100 educational institutes in Canada.
Ques. What is Conestoga College Famous for?
Ans. Conestoga College is famous for its research strengths in several areas, including computational science, engineering, among others. It has a diverse international population and promotes diversity and inclusion which makes it famous among international applicants.
Ques. What is the minimum GPA requirement to get into Conestoga College?
Ans. An average of 70-80% or more is the basic minimum eligibility requirement for admission into Conestoga.
Ques. What is the cost of studying at Conestoga College?
Ans. The average cost of studying at Conestoga College is 6,900-33,630 CAD per year. It is approximately 10 to 13 lakhs per annum for Indian Students.
Ques. Is Conestoga College worth it?
Ans. The employment rate of the institute is nearly 90% where its graduates find jobs within 6 months post receiving their degrees. This and an outstanding curriculum definitely make Conestoga worth it.
Ques. What are some popular courses at Conestoga College?
Ans. Some popular programs at Conestoga College inlcude Business, Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Hospitality, among others.
Ques. What are the application deadlines for applying at Conestoga College?
Ans. Application deadlines at Conestoga Colege differ for various courses but are generally scheduled for the intakes of January, May and September.
Ques. What are some of the popular Conestoga College jobs?
Ans. The employment rate of the institute is nearly 88% and its graduates usually find jobs across business, finance and IT sectors. They end up earning 50 to 90,000 CAD per year at the earliest level in their careers.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Because the I have heard about the teachers teaching techniques and this was the only college providing the course I wanted to enrol in.
Course Curriculum :
For my particular course then its comparatively a good course where you get hands-on practice.
As it provides Ontario graduate certificate and is one of the prestigies colleges in Canada, moreover teachers here are very much supportive .
Course Curriculum :
Here you can relate the subjects to real life practical problems
I choose this college as it is the ranked no.1 in canada for marketing course. It is known for it's practical knowledge that it passes to it students and placements
Course Curriculum :
The course syllabus is up to date to the modern marketing needs. We were given practical experience of the market and also worked on real time projects.
After completing my higher secondary, I decided to do a diploma in business purchasing and my friend recommended this University as his elder brother has completed his bachelor's from this particular university. So I decided to take admission here, I was required to pay an application fee and applied to the online portal of the college.
Course Curriculum :
I was provided with the skills necessary to contribute to the cost management, adaptability, and quality efforts in their organizations, thereby ensuring a competitive advantage and long-term profitability.
I came to know about this University from my friend who was going to pursue this course, therefore, he recommended me to pursue my dream quotes from this particular University as it is very renowned so I decided to take admission here and apply through the online portal of the college.
Course Curriculum :
My course has been well defined and updated. I was practically taught everything. I was taught to create games, apps, and simulations for use in the games industry, entertainment, education, and beyond.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary