HEC Montreal: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
HEC Montreal is the first business school in Canada. It is a French-language institution which was established in the year 1907. The college has 4,149 international students from around 151 countries. The business programs offered by HEC Montreal may range from undergraduate to doctorate courses. The college offers massive fundings for research education. HEC Montreal has the largest business library in Canada. The online application portal is open for the students. Because of the deadly coronavirus, the admission dates have however been postponed.
- HEC Montreal, Canada ranks 5th among the top business colleges in Canada as per the QS World University Rankings by Subject (2019).
- The college ranks among the top 50 universities in the world according to the Global University Employability Ranking given by the Times Higher Education magazine (2016).
- Its MBA program is ranked 3rd in Canada and 30th in the world by Poets & Quants (2018)
- The Master of Science (MSc) – Finance program ranks 40th in the world according to the Financial Times Global Masters in Finance rankings (2018).
- The Master of Science (MSc) – Data Science and Business Analytics program ranks 51st in the world as per the QS Masters in Business Analytics Rankings (2020).
- The HEC Montréal building has been designed in such a way that it creates a stimulating environment for the students. One of the best campuses in Canada
- The building has 27 classrooms and a 300-seat auditorium. Apart from that, an event space, a cafeteria and a modular conference hall.
- Numerous students’ clubs and associations are present. A student can be a part of any of the associations as per their field of interest.
- The students can also get involved in various sports and cultural activities.
- Montreal is regarded as the best place to live especially for the international students by QS Best Student Cities (2019)
- HEC Montreal is not responsible for the quality of the housing that is offered to the students. The candidates are advised to make their own arrangements before they arrive at the college.
- Private flats and apartments are available in residential areas near the institute. Flat-sharing offers and sublets are also available for the students.
- The HEC Montréal-Darlington residence allows 40 out-of-state or international students to rent rooms in the university residence.
- The basic amenities available in HEC Montréal-Darlington residence include well-furnished bedrooms, bathrooms, TV, WiFi, fitness room, laundry, common room, gaming room, etc.
- The University dorms of Universite de Montreal provides cheap residence facilities to the students. It has special accommodation for the disabled candidates.
- HEC Montreal has a huge range of specialized programs for the students. It offers over 100 business programs to both domestic as well as international candidates.
- The full-time MBA course offered by the institute is world-famous. It attracts students from all across the globe.
- The college also has certain certificate programs and specialized graduate diplomas for the candidates. It organizes training for business professionals and managers.
- 88 international training programs are available. The college is also among the top colleges of the world for its research activities.
- Few other popular courses include MSc in Finance, MSc in Marketing, MSc in Data Science and Business Analytics and MSc in International Business.
Application Portal: Online Application Portal.
- With Study Permit: 91.19 CAD
- Without Study Permit: 282.52 CAD
Student Class Profile:
- Total full-time students: 14,356
- Total international students: 4,149
- Official Transcripts
- Video Essay
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of Language proficiency
- GRE, GMAT or TAGE MAGE score.
The college operates in Fall and Winter semesters. Different semesters have different academic deadlines.
Cost of Attendance
- The tuition fee depends on the credits. For full-time MBA students, the complete tuition fee for 54 credits the students of Quebec is 8,431.74 CAD and for the international students is 48,852.54 CAD.
- For M.Sc. students, the complete tuition fee for 15 credits the students of Quebec is 2,009.32 CAD and for the international students is 9,447.82 CAD.
- The cost of living per semester would be around 3,000 CAD and the expense for food is around 2,000 CAD.
- The transportation and personal expenses would be around 225 CAD and 1,000 CAD respectively.
Financial Aid for the International Students
- The international students may receive a scholarship from the Canadian government. The scholarship can only be availed by the graduate students.
- Home countries also offer a number of scholarships to the students. For that, they will have to contact the representatives of their home countries.
- A scholarship is also available for the French candidates. For that, they must find out whether your country signed an association with Quebec.
- The Differential Fee Exemption Scholarship is given to the international students who have applied for an M.Sc. program. The scholarship has no deadline. The amount is variable.
- HEC Montreal has over 95,800 alumni. The alumni are entitled to a huge array of facilities and benefits.
- The alumni get a lot of insurance benefits. They may save up to 1,090 USD per year at National Bank. Manufacturers Life Insurance Company also provides insurance benefits to the alumni.
- They may enjoy the privilege of being a part of some of the most reputed clubs of Montreal like Saint James’s Club.
- PowSki also provides the alumni with packages for a number of popular ski and snowboards resorts.:
- Some of the alumni include Antoine Arnault: CEO of Berluti, Anne-Marie Gélinas: Film Producer, Marie Gibeau: Quebec Politician an
- HEC Montreal offers excellent placement opportunities. The average placement rate for full-time MBA students is 91%.
- The average salary earned by the alumni is around 96,444 USD. The MBA students also receive internships at reputed concerns.
- The college offers career management consulting services to the students. It also teaches the students to have a job-search strategy. Workshops and mock interviews are conducted from time to time.
- Some of the popular job profiles offered to the HEC Montreal students are Product Manager, HR Manager, Finance Advisor, IT Manager.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
RANKED #251 - #300
RANKED #251 - #300
It was ranked #1 for my course. The structure of the course is very flexible and the strategic management subject is ranked highest in Europe. It was a short path to entering the business world because MBA requires work ex, and MiM doesn't.
Course Curriculum :
It's great. The flexibility and freedom to choose subjects and select electives is what attracted me the most. The fcaulty is world class and the interaction with th real business world through conferences and talks is amazing.
HEC IS A BIG NAME IN THE COUNTRY ALSO THIS COURSE IS RANKED 7TH IN THE WORLD AND AMPLE NUMBER OF OPPORTUNITIES IN SUPPLY CHAIN IN CANADA MAKES IT A WORTHY CHOICE
Course Curriculum :
CURRICULUM IS VERY BROAD WITH MANY ELECTIVE COURSE WHICH ARE DESSIGNED AS PER INDUTRY DEMAND. ALSO YOU WILL GET A CHANCE TO WORK FOR INDUSTRY AS PAID INTERNSHIP IS MANADATORY FOR THIS COURSE
I came to know about the university through a google search. It was ranked among the top 10 business universities in Canada. One of the reasons for choosing this college was its multilingual approach. They provide 3 paths: French, bilingual and trilingual. Most of the colleges are very much persistent with languages but here I had the option to choose the language that I understand the best. Secondly, the 12-month MBA programs are cheaper than most of the other business universities in North America. Also, the MBA program is only a 1-year course, not for 2 years like other universities. So I get to save a year. I applied on the official website and paid $270 for the application fee.
Course Curriculum :
The MBA full-time course in a one-year intensive program and in one year they feed us with enough knowledge to stand out in a professional career. This MBA program allows us to reach our career goals in just 1 year, with all the same benefits as the2 years program.
I opted for this college as it has the third-best MBA program in the whole of Canada. The course is also for only one year which I like because I will not have to invest too much time. The MBA program in this university has a 91% placement rate which means most people will easily find a job after graduating from the program. I applied through the admission portal of the college website, I also paid an amount of $270 as the application fee.
Course Curriculum :
When I actually started contemplating applying for an MBA, I was an IT Professional with an experience of 5 years. I had lost track of college education and learning over the period I was working. Hence, I focused on institutes I could easily get into without compromising on the quality of education. My idea was to complete the course as quickly as possible. Under my colleague's guidance, I tracked HEC Montreal offering a year MBA with an added bonus of french environment. Having studied French in high school, my instincts got way out of me to apply to the college without a second thought.
Course Curriculum :
The course required around 40 hours of credit score to complete the course. I studied an up to date curriculum. While studying the course I was able to get practical analytics and risk management knowledge. I also tried to gain an appreciation for ethical behavior in business
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary