Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU) is an American university. The largest private university in New Jersey, FDU is a not-for-profit, nonsectarian, multi-campus institution. It offers Bachelors, Masters and pre-Masters programs in Vancouver Campus, Canada.
Why choose Fairleigh Dickinson University?
- Ranked 64in the best universities in the North regionlist by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges 2018.
- Ranked no.22 by U.S. News number in Best Value Schools.
- Ranked among “America’ Best Colleges” byForbesmagazine (2017).
- Counted among the top U.S. colleges in the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education rankings (2018).
- Ranked in U.S. News & World Report’sBest Undergraduate Business Programs for 2018.
Key features at a glance
- International presence with four campuses.
- First college and the 1st civil society organization to be granted the special consultative status with the UNECOSOC in 2009.
- Anthony J. Petrocelli College of Continuing Education has co-op arrangements with the institutions for Bachelor of Art in Hospitality and Tourism Management.
- AACSB International accreditation and EQA of the Government of British Columbia.
|Admission Acceptance Rate||78%|
|Number of International Students||1,200 from 85 countries|
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Test Scores accepted||IELTS (6 and above) and TOEFL iBT (79 and above)|
Farleigh Dickinson College Campuses
Fairleigh Dickinson University is an American university that has four campuses:two in New Jersey, USA (Madison/Florham Park) and Teaneck/Hackensack), one inVancouver,British Columbia, and Wroxton College, Oxfordshire, South East England.
FDU, Vancouver, British Columbia:
- FDU's Vancouver Campus address is 842 Cambie Street, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- It campus gives the opportunity of acquiring an American undergraduate and graduate-degree while studying in Vancouver.
- Centrally located within the city.
- Gives students plenty of opportunities to find part-time employment during studies.
- Offers good opportunities for full-time employment after completion of the degree.
- Silberman College of Business and Anthony J. Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies courses are conducted here.
Wroxton College, South East England
- Close to Oxford and Stratford-upon-Avon and three miles away from Banbury.
- FDU is first American university to own and run a campus out of the United States of America.
- FDU Vancouver students have the opportunity of doing a semester abroad in Wroxton.
- The campus provides residential and honors programs.
- Main campus of the FDU.
- Metropolitan Campus ;bridges the residential communities of Teaneck and Hackensack.
- Suburban location ;ten miles outside New York City.
- Has more than 33% are minority or international students, from all over the U.S. and over 71 nations.
- FDU Vancouver is a commuter campus.
- Fairleigh Dickinson should look for off-campus housing options including houses, apartments, townhouses, short-term, shared and roommates etc.
- Homestay with a Canadian family is encouraged through ILSC homestay program and First Choice International Placement.
- Students can opt for a student style residence for a short or long stay with the YMCA.
FDU offers 4 undergraduate and 2 graduate programs in Vancouver.
- Faculty members from New Jersey are involved in teaching and course selection in Vancouver and vice-versa.
- Teaching takes place through classroom lectures and there is a strong component of fully integrated laboratory work.
- All programs are divided into the following schools at the Fairleigh Dickinson University, Vancouver:
- Anthony J. Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies
- FDU University College School of Computer Sciences and Engineering.
- Silberman College of Business
The following Bachelor of Science (BS) and Bachelor of Art (BA) degrees from Fairleigh Dickinson University are available at Vancouver.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Art in Individualized Studies
- Bachelor of Art in Individualized Studies with specialization in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Master of Administrative Science (MAS) degree is a 30-credit degree
- The Master of Science degree in Hospitality Management studies - 33 credit degree
English Language Training
For domestic students who meet the academic admission requirements but are found to be lacking in English language skills, FDU offers:
- Pre-University Training: For English language training of high school graduates before commencement of the Bachelor’s degree.
- Pre-Masters Programs: For English language coaching of undergraduate degree holders before the start of the Master's degree.
- Students can opt to take these programs or be placed in one of these programs on the basis of the result of the Vancouver Campus English Placement Test.
Note: These two courses are not available for international candidates.
Global Scholars Program
- First-time, full-time freshmen are eligible for the four-yearselectiveGlobal Scholars Program.
- In an intensive multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural learning environment, Global Scholars participate in the following:
- A Global Scholars Seminar
- Global Scholars meetings with FDU campus students of New Jersey
- Optional trips to UN Headquarters in New York
- Special lectures and presentations on global issues
- Participation in a multitude of cultural events and field trips
- Co-curricular field experiences at FDU campuses in New Jersey
- Study abroad semester
How to get into Farleigh Dickinson College?
All applications take place online. Students can check the pre-requisites for admission:
- Official transcripts, academic records, diplomas, national exam results, certificates or degree received.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Optional:SAT or ACT to be submitted to the FDU-Vancouver. Fairleigh Dickinson University’s SAT code is 5823, and ACT code is 2552.
- Optional: Freshmen who have completed; AP or IB exams, students with GCE A-level courses and students who have finished courses at another university may be eligible for credit transfer.
- Copy of information page in your valid passport.
English Language Requirement
- Applicants whose mother tongue is not English and are not from an English speaking country must submit the results of a test of English proficiency to the Office of International Admissions.
- For ease of acquiring the study permit, the IELTS recommended.
- Applicants can choose to submit one of the following scores:
|TOEFL internet based||79+|
|TOEFL computer based||213+|
|PTE Academic English Exam||53 or higher|
|SAT||420 or higher on the Critical Reading (old testing system)|
480 or higher on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing
|Cambridge Advanced English ||C and above|
|Cambridge English First||B and above|
|Step Eiken||Grade 1|
|Michigan English Language Assessment Battery||77|
|Canadian Academic English Language Assessment||65|
|Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees||4.0|
How, When and Where to apply?
- The Vancouver Campus Application Form should be completed and submitted to the Fairleigh Dickinson University - Vancouver Campus only.
- There are no application deadlines for Bachelor Degree Programs and students are admitted on a “rolling basis” for the succeeding trimester until the commencement of classes.
- Application is either to be submitted to email@example.com or the paper file is to be sent to FDU Vancouver Campus 842 Cambie Street,Vancouver, BC V6B 2P6,Canada.
- Application Fee: USCAD 40 to be paid by credit card at the time of application.
- Applicant will receive a confirmation email with a reference number if the application is successfully submitted.
- Acceptance letter: If accepted to the desired program, the Vancouver campus will send the admission and scholarship offer to the address given on the application.
Guidelines for International Students
- Return the signed FDU-Letter of Offer by e-mail to Vancouverfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment of the CAD 2,500 USD non-refundable tuition deposit is to be done before the deadline specified on the letter.
- The tuition deposit is ONLY refundable (less USCAD 300 registration fee) if the student's Study Permit application is refused by Canadian Immigration.
What it costs to study in FDU?
The tuition for all academic years is specified below in terms of range of fees:
|Undergraduate program (two semesters)||CAD 26,132|
|Graduate program||CAD 16,947|
|Pre-Master’s program||CAD 1,842|
|Pre-University program||CAD 1,842|
Scholarships to help students fund their education
FDU offers a wide range of generous scholarships for our international students. Most scholarships are based on academic merit and test scores and vary according to program.
FDU provides scholarships for-
- Undergraduate Freshmen
- Presidential Scholarship
- Undergraduate Transfers
- ELS graduates
Note: All applicants for Bachelor Degree programs are considered for Vancouver Campus scholarships. No separate application is required.
Farleigh Dickinson University Alumni Network
FDU-Vancouver Alumni Association was created to help ex-students of the Vancouver campus to remain connected irrespective of location.
- FDU Vancouver Alumni Chapter Annual Scholarship
- 3 annual scholarships have been instituted for graduate and undergraduate students.
- These are generously financed by staff, students, alumni and faculty.
- Students have to fill and submit the prescribed application form.
- Important alumni of FDU include "Star Trek" TV series writer Dorothy Fontana and ex-NFL player George Martin.