Ontario Institute for Studies in Education Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education is an all-graduate Canadian institution of learning, teaching and research in Toronto, Canada. OISE offers graduate-level degree programs in teaching, psychology, educational theory and administration, and Honours Specialist, technical education diploma, and Additional and Principal Qualification programs. The institute also offers doctoral programs in Education, Philosophy and other fields.
- International Students can apply online via official website portal.
- The application fee for international students is $220.
- The institute accepts TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB and COPE as English Proficiency Tests.
|English Proficiency Tests||TOEFL, IELTS, COPE, MELAB|
|Work Experience||Required for some programs|
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education Admission Deadlines
At the Ontario Institute for Studies, students are advised to fill out the application forms, pay the application fee and submit the documents before the deadlines.
Given below are the deadlines for the Undergraduate and Graduate programs for international students-
|Application deadline||November 15, 2019|
|Document deadline||November 15, 2019|
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education International Admissions
OISE accepts applications from international applicants educated and located around the world. Given below are the basic admission process and its requirements for international students:-
Apply Online:- Click Here to Apply
Application Fee: $220
Given below is a list of documents required for the successful completion of the application process:-
- An appropriate bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
- An average grade equivalent to minimum mid-B or better
- At least two letters of reference.
- Other qualifications as specified by the graduate unit.
- Transcript from every post-secondary institution attended
- Proof of English Proficiency Requirements
- Financial Documents
- A copy of a valid passport
NOTE:-The preferred format for supporting documents you upload is a PDF (.pdf) file.
English Proficiency Requirements
The English proficiency test is required to be submitted by international students. The following are the tests which are accepted by the institute:-
|Tests||Minimum Score Required|
|TOEFL||93 iBT/ 580 PBT|
|Certificate of Proficiency in English (COPE)||76|
International Students who are planning to stay in Canada for a time period of more than six months must apply for a study permit. Given below are the necessary documents required to obtain a valid study permit:
- An acceptance letter from the institute.
- Copy of a valid passport as proof of identity.
- Necessary Financial Documents as proof of the availability of funds.
- Submission of a valid Medical Certificate.
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education Graduate Admissions
At the Ontario Institute for Studies, the graduate-level programs are divided into four units which are:-
- Department of Applied Psychology and Human Development (APHD)
- Department of Curriculum, Teaching and Learning (CTL)
- Department of Leadership, Higher and Adult Education (LHAE)
- Department of Social Justice Education (SJE)
Given below are the admission requirements for some of the most-coveted graduate programs:-
|Master of Arts in Social Justice Education||Bachelor's degree in humanity, social science, or cognate discipline from a recognized university, Transcripts, Resume, Two letters of reference, Statement of intent, Sample Written Work|
|MA in Clinical Psychology||Four-year bachelor's degree (or it's equivalent) from a recognized university, GRE scores, Two academic letters of reference, Personal Statement, Curriculum vitae|
|MA in Educational Leadership and Policy||Bachelor's degree from a recognized university in a relevant subject, Minimum B+ grade, Transcripts, Two letters of reference, Résumé, Statement of Intent|
|MA in Higher Education||Bachelor's degree from a recognized university in a relevant subject, B+ grade, Transcripts, Two letters of reference, Résumé, Statement of Intent, Sample of Written Work (Essays & Papers)|
OISE will notify its students of admission results via the online admission applications. If students have submitted their applications by November 15, they should receive the decision sometime in March. However, if students have submitted their applications after November 15, decisions will be available within three to six weeks of application submission, but no sooner than early March.