Trent University Peterborough Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fees & Scholarships
Trent University is among the top 6.1% of universities in the world. It’s home to more than 9,000 students, including 1,000 internationals from over 79 countries. Trent University is accredited by the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities, Ontario and it offers Liberal Arts and Professionally Focused scientific education through its undergraduate and graduate programs.
The Symons campus is based in Peterborough, which is a beautiful place situated near the Otonabee River. With a population of 80,000 and growing, Peterborough is a perfect university town. The campus at Durham, in the Greater Toronto Area, is an equally vibrant and exciting place to study.
96% of Trent students are employed within two years of graduation. The university’s 44,000-strong alumni consists of Nobel laureates and Rhodes Scholars. It is one of the top universities in Canada and is a proud alma mater of two Nobel Prize winners.
|Programs Offered||100+ UG & PG degrees, diplomas, Certificates|
|Mode of Study||Full Time; Part-Time; Online|
|Student Satisfaction Rate||95 %|
|Graduate Employment Rate||90%|
|Students to Faculty Ratio||18:1|
Trent University Rankings
Trent University has been ranked:
- The university is among the top 6.3% Universities in the World.
- 253th in Best Global Universities by U.S. News and World report.
- 35th in Best Global Universities in Canada by U.S. News and World Report.
- 32nd in the country by Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) in 2020.
- 1248th in the world by Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) in 2020.
Trent University Campus
- Trent University operates with two campuses: Peterborough campus and Durham Greater Toronto Area Campus.
- The Peterborough campus is spread across approximately 1,400 acres of land.
- There over 100 students clubs and groups and over 30 international clubs, groups, and organizations for students.
- There are 12 varsity sports teams and three varsity clubs (fencing, cross country running, and golf).
- The Durham GTA campus is 40 minutes to Union Station in downtown Toronto.
Trent University Residence
- There are eleven residence halls on the Peterborough campus and one residence building on the Durham GTA campus.
- Room features include a closet, bed, desk, wardrobe, shelves, desk lamp, dresser, and desk chair.
- The university partners with Places4Students.com to help students who can live off-campus to search for appropriate and easy accommodations.
Trent University Programs
- It offers 128 undergraduate programs (degrees, specializations, certificate, diplomas), 12 course-based masters programs, 14 thesis-based masters programs, six doctoral programs, and four graduate diplomas.
- The university offers pathway programs to several programs. Students with insufficient entry requirements can complete these programs and then apply for the desired course.
- Trent University offers various programs as Continuing Education to students. The program provides students with access to a variety of experts across various fields for learning in an informal, relaxed and personalized setting.
Trent University Application Process
Applicants can apply for Trent University admissions by June 1, November 15 and March 1 for the fall, winter, and summer semesters.
- Application portal: Trent online Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC)
- Application fee:
- Undergraduate: 90 CAD
- Graduate research programs: 100 CAD
- Graduate: 120 CAD
- Admission Requirements:
- Undergraduate: High school diploma, transcripts, proof of English proficiency, personal statement, writing sample or essay (if applicable), letters of reference (if required), specific program requirements, and country-specific admissions requirements. Copy of passport or birth certificate is required if admission is granted.
- Graduate: High school diploma or equivalent or/and a recognized bachelor degree or equivalent or recognized masters degree as the case may be, transcripts, essay or writing sample, personal statement, two letters of reference, proof of English proficiency, CV/resume, specific program requirements, and country-specific admissions requirements. Copy of passport or birth certificate is only required if admission is granted.
- English language proficiency minimum scores required:
Trent University Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance per year for international applicants is tabulated below:
|Fees||Amount per annum (CAD)|
|Books and supplies||1,000|
|Housing and meals||9,000-13,100|
Trent University Financial Aid for International Students
- Trent University provides international applicants Scholarships, Grants, Student Jobs, and External Aids. It is ranked first in scholarship providers in Canada. Some of the scholarships are:
- Trent University Entrance Scholarships: This is an automatic scholarship awarded to admitted international students. The amount varies from 1,000 CAD to 3,000 CAD depending upon the merit.
- IB Entrance Scholarships: Awarded to international students who are granted admission on an IB diploma basis. Amount - 1,000 CAD
- Trent International Global Citizen Scholarships and Awards: Awarded to students with outstanding academic achievement, community service, and leadership potential. The amount varies from 2000 CAD to 24000 CAD per academic year.
- Justin Chiu International Scholarships: Awarded to international Asian students and amount varied from 3,000 CAD to 15,000 CAD per academic year.
- Canadian Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarships: With a total value of over 80 million CAD, these scholarships are awarded by the Queen Elizabeth foundation to international students in various countries.
- There are various external scholarships applicants can apply to study in Canada.
Trent University Alumni
Alumni benefits include:
- Exclusive access to Bata library services.
- Scholarships for children of alumni
- Trent University alumni can also apply for Health and Dental Insurance programs through the C&C Student VIP Perks.
- Lower interest rates on MBNA
- Access to Trent Careerspace for workshops, appointments, online resources, and opportunities to connect with employers and recruiters.
Notable alumni include
- Maryam Monsef –Canadian politician and former Minister of International Development
- Takako Suzuki –Japanese politician
- John Horgan –Premier of British Columbia
- Stephen Stohn –Lawyer
Trent University Placements
- Nursing and Mathematics graduates at Trent reported having a 100% employment rate after graduation.
- It is reported that 90% of Trent graduates were employed within six months after graduation.
- According to PayScale, the average salary of Trent University graduates is 56,000 CAD per annum.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Because its in a quiet location and student friendly. Provides a lot of opportunity for students and has high worth degrees.
Course Curriculum :
Can't judge very well as everything is online. Greatly decreases the ability of teachers to have very effective lectures. But each teacher tries their best. Course curriculum is tough unless you have a good background in what you chose. Then its doable.
I found the university offering the course and subjects that I was interested it. Another brownie point went to its beautiful campus and very helpful and kind staff
Course Curriculum :
My degree being a co-op, does offer the internships and co ops in 2 separate fields related to Biology- conservation and health science. But its competitive. One needs to apply for it and then a proper procedure is followed and is seen if the person is eligible to get into the program. It is NOT necessary that if your degree is co-op, you’ll definitely get one. Its just that the option will be open to you. Other than that, there is a proper list of courses provided to you, including the mandatory ones that you need to complete in order to graduate, as well as some electives that you can take to complete your credits. This information is all given in the academic calendar of the university/college.
I chose this university based on my interest as well as the good and high reputation of the university. This university provides a high success rate for future opportunities.
Course Curriculum :
I believe that this program has a plethora of future opportunities and career development. This program will help me to achieve my dream job that is a psychologist.
I completed my +2 in the Arts stream with 90% marks. My school professor guided me to move to Canada as it is an eminent option to make my career bright. Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Economics could not be better than doing it from Trent University. Thus I prepared for it and when I was called for the admission I was very happy. I had applied to the university with the help of a common application form.
Course Curriculum :
While studying the course I also get to know about the impact that individuals, businesses, financial institutions, and governments have on the economy. Through these studies, I will be gaining an understanding of the methods and tools required to analyze complex economic issues, such as unemployment, inflation, economic growth, and the regulation of the market structure.
I always wanted to do my Bachelor's degree in Economics and nothing could be better than doing it from Ontario's #1 University. Completed my +2 in Arts with 90% marks, my teacher guided me to move to Canada is an eminent option to make my career bright. I also applied to other colleges but getting into Trent was the best option. I applied to the college through the OUAC and paid $100 for the application fee.
Course Curriculum :
Through the program, we are provided with a thorough understanding of the methods and tools required to analyze complex economic issues such as unemployment, inflation, economic growth, and the regulation of the market structure. The curriculum also helped me learn national and international data to explore trends, test economic models, and will give me the ability to recommend policies addressing inadequacies with market outcomes.
- Book Store
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary