BGS Institute of Technology ( BGSIT), Mandya was established in 1974 under Sri Adichunchanagiri Shikshana Trust. It is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum. It is recognized by Government of Karnataka and approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. The college is dedicated for creating future’s engineers and supporting today’s pioneers. The objective of the college is focusing not only on the academic front, but also on the multi-faceted development of the students by encouraging them in sports, cultural and other extracurricular activities. The college aims to mould students into professional technocrats and also as responsible citizens. The college is situated in a lush green and pollution free environment, which is very much favourable and motivates the students to earnestly pursue their studies. The campus is 90 kilometers away from Bengaluru City known as Silicon Valley of India on the Bengaluru – Hassan – Mangalore National Highway (NH-48)
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Department of Civil Engineering
Department of Information Science & Engineering
Department of Physics
Department of Chemistry
Department of Mathematics
Name of Recruiter Company
Number of Students
Tata Consultancy Services
Good Through Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
The computer resource centre is boasts of a number of computers, as high as a hundred, all of Intel Core i3 systems and networked with high speed LAN to serve a host of applications.
The Library has a huge collection of books on engineering, science, humanities & as well as various journals, magazines & newspapers are also subscribed.
Available for both boys and girls separately. The college has a Boys Hostel with a capacity of 400 male students and a Girls Hostel with a capacity of 350 female students.
Events & Festivals
- PRAJWALANA - The annual cultural festival organized in the month of april/may every year, where students provided with an opportunity to show there different hidden talents.
- CYPRO STREAM - The departmental fest of CS&E and IS&E organized by Techno Supremes (6th sem CS&E) and Techno maniacs (6th Sem IS&E) on last week of March every year. Where several technical, non technical and computer LAN Game competitions organized for students.
- NANDANA - The Gowri and Ganesh festival celebrated every year with beautiful Gowri and Ganesh idols a week long with a grand cultural evening.
- AATA - The annual sports meet organized every year where faculty, staff and students participates actively in the sports activities like Kho-Kho, Kabaddi, Basketball, Volleyball, Throwball, cricket and athletics.
- FARE FIESTA - The farewell party for the final year CS&E and IS&E out going students given by the third year and second year students on Last week of april every year.