CBIT was established in 1979 in Hyderabad, Telangana. The institute is affiliated with Osmania University. The college offers various UG and PG courses under the discipline of Engineering and Technology, Management and Computer Applications.
At the UG level, the institute offers a B.E. in 7 specializations and a B.Tech. in four specializations for a duration of 4 years. Admission in B. Tech is done on the basis of marks scored in Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test
At the PG level, the college offers an M.E. and M.Tech. degree under 7 and 2 specializations respectively. Admission to the same is done on the basis of marks scored in Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET) or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
Admission in MBA/ME is done on the basis of marks scored in Integrated Common Entrance Test.
The institute conducts an offline registration process where the candidates will be offered admission to CBIT Hyderabad after the verification of documents and payment of fees.
|Name of the Institute||Chaitanya Bharathi Institute Of Technology (CBIT) Hyderabad|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance-based|
|Entrance Exams||TS-EAMCET, TS-PGECET, TS-ICET|
|B.Tech||₹1.14 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10+2 with 45% + TS EAMCET|
|MBA||₹43,000 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation with 50% + CAT|
|M.C.A||₹82,000 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation with 50% + TSICET|
|M.Tech||₹1.52 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||Pass in Graduation + GATE|
|B.E||₹1.14 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||10+2 with 45% + TS EAMCET|
|M.E||₹1.52 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)||Pass in Graduation + GATE|
|TS EAMCET Registration||21 Feb - 10 Jun, 2020|
|TS EAMCET Exam||06 Jul - 09 Jul, 2020|
|TS PGECET Registration||12 Mar - 31 May, 2020|
|TS PGECET Exam||01 Jul - 03 Jul, 2020|
CBIT Offers 4 different specialized courses under B.Tech, they are- Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and Civil Engineering.
CBIT Offers different specialized courses under BE, they are;
|No. of Specializations||B.Tech.- 4|
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||10+2 with PCM with a minimum of 45% marks|
|Basic Admission Criteria||TS EAMCET|
10 + 2 passed out or equivalent thereto with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as optional subjects from any recognized board. The candidates must secure a minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates)
|College||Ranking||Avg Fees/ year|
|Vellore Institute of Technology - [VIT University], Vellore||# 3 by ARIIA (university)||₹1,95,750|
|SRM Institute of Technology - [SRM IST], Kanchipuram||# 20 by The Week (university)||₹2,52,500|
|Vallurupalli Nageswara Rao Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology - [VNRVJIET], Hyderabad||# 6 by ARIIA (private)||₹1,31,000|
|Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology - [MGIT], Hyderabad||# 201 by NIRF||₹87,900|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education - [MAHE], Manipal||# 6 by ARIIA (university)||₹4,06,500|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science - [BITS], Hyderabad||# 47 by Jagranjosh (private)||₹3,91,375|
CBIT Offers different specialized courses under M.Tech, they are;
Under the discipline of M.E., the college offers-
|No. of Specializations||M.Tech.- 2|
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||B.Tech./B.E.|
|Basic Admission Criteria||TS-PGECET/GATE|
B.E./B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering with valid Gate score or eligibility at PGECET
Note- The Convener admits 70% of the intake to the M.E/M.TECH programme based on the PGECET rank. The management admits the remaining 30% under management quota.
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||Bachelor's Degree with 45% marks|
|Basic Admission Criteria||ICET|
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||BCA with 45% marks|
|Basic Admission Criteria||ICET|
Before applying for admission at CBIT, Candidates must apply for the entrance exams- TS EAMCET, PGECET/GATE, and ICET.
The application fee through net-banking or debit card or e-challan
Based upon the entrance score and the counselling, the candidates will be offered admissions to Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology Hyderabad after the verification of documents and payment of fees.
Ques. How can I get admission in CBIT Hyderabad?
Ques. How is ECE a CBIT?
Ques. What is the B category in CBIT?
Ques. Does CBIThave a hostel facility?
Ques. Is CBIT a deemed university?
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College