TS PGECET 2020: Notification, Exam Date, Application Form, Eligibility
TS PGECET 2020 or Telangana Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test is a state-level entrance exam administered by Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of TSCHE. Candidates qualifying the exam can enrol in various regular PG courses such as M.Tech, M.Pharmacy, M.Arch, ME, and other courses in colleges across Telangana state.
- The exam is conducted every year in the month of May for which the date is yet to be declared.
- TS PGECET Registration will start tentatively in the 2nd week of March 2020.
- The exam is conducted in CBT mode across two regions namely Hyderabad and Warangal.
- There are 17 papers for various courses and syllabus of each entrance test varies. CheckTS PGECET Exam Pattern
- Candidates can attempt mock tests of their respective subjects available on the official website.
For GATE and GPAT Candidates
- GATE and GPAT qualifiers are given preference and are exempted from the entrance examination.
- They must apply separately for online counselling session of TS PGECET 2020.
- Once seats are filled by GATE qualifiers, the remaining seats are offered to TS PGECET qualifiers as per merit cum preference basis.
Highlights of TS PGECET 2020
|Exam Name||Telangana Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Osmania University on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE)|
|Periodicity||Once a year|
|Programs Offered||ME / M.Tech. / M.Pharmacy / M.Arch and Pharm-D (Post Baccalaureate)|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Type and No. of Questions||Objective, 120 Questions|
|Validity of TS PGECET Score||One year|
|Number of Seats||Approximately 40,000|
|TS PGECET Helpdeskfirstname.lastname@example.org OR +91 – 9502721173|
TS PGECET 2020 Dates
The official exam dates for the engineering exam are available now.
|TS PGECET 2020 Notification||1st week of March 2020|
|Commencement of TS PGECET 2020 Registration (Without Late Fee)||2nd week of March 2020|
|TS PGECET Application Submission 2020 (With Late Fee)||4th week of March 2020|
|Availability of TS PGECET 2020 Hall Ticket||3rd week of May 2020|
|TS PGECET 2020 Exam Date||4th week of May 2020|
|Declaration of TS PGECET 2020 Result||3rd week of June 2020|
|Commencement of TS PGECET Counselling||July 2020|
Read about TS PGECET Counselling 2020
TS PGECET Eligibility Criteria 2020
To apply for TS PGECET 2020, candidates must fulfil the following eligibility conditions:
- Nationality: candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- Domicile: Telangana domiciled with certificate proof for the same.
- Local/non-local status: The local/non-local status of the candidate must be satisfied as per the admission requirements.
- Non-Indian candidates: candidates who are not of Indian National should fulfil the rules defined by the respective university.
- Educational Qualification: Engineering/ architecture/ pharmacy graduates with 50% aggregate marks for general category and 45% for SCs, STs.
- Age limit: There is no upper age limit for appearing for PGECET 2020 for the self-financed students. For a Fee Reimbursement maximum age for SC/ ST/ BC candidates is 34 years and for Minorities /Disabled/EBC the age limit is 30 years.
Apply Online for TS PGECET 2020
The application form for TS PGECET 2020 will be available from the second week of March 2020 at pgecet.tsche.ac.in. It is to be noted that the registration process is completely online. There are majorly three phases of the online application. They are as follows:
First Phase – Registration
Step 1: Visit the official website of TS PGECET i.e. pgecet.tsche.ac.in.
Step 2: Register for the exam by furnishing the required details.
Step 3: Pay the registration fee as per your category. Know more
Step 4: After successful payment, you will receive a transaction ID and password on the registered Email ID and Mobile No.
Second Phase – Filling Application Form
Step 1: Login with the issued transaction ID and password.
Step 2: Enter all the required details in the defined format.
Third Phase – Uploading Documents
After filling the application form completely, you have to scan and upload your photo and signature as per the defined guidelines.
|Photograph||Less than 50 kb in JPG format|
|Signature||Less than 30 kb in JPG format|
Once all the details are filled, submit TS PGECET Application Form. It is advisable for candidates to take a print out of the filled-in application form for further reference.
TS PGECET Application Fee and Modes of Payment
Tabulated below is the category wise fee for the examination:
Modes of Payment
- The registration fee needs to be paid online through the payment gateway (Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking).
- In case a student wants to sit for more than one test, the separate registration fee has to be paid.
- TS PGECET also has the provision of submission of forms with late fee payment.
- Depending on the dates of submission of the forms, the application fee varies.
Download TS PGECET 2020 Admit Card
- Admit Card for TS PGECET 2020 will be available for the successfully registered candidates only.
- The admit is expected to release in the third week of May 2020.
- The document is a gateway to the examination venue.
- Candidates failing to produce the same will be prohibited to appear for the state level exam.
How to download TS PGECET Admit Card?
Step 1: Visit the official website of PGECET 2020.
Step 2: Click on ‘TS PGECET 2020 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket’ link.
Step 3: Enter your registration number and Submit
Step 4: Check and Download Hall Ticket for TS PGECET.
TS PGECET 2020 Exam Centers
TS PGECET Exam Centers are pre-decided by the conducting body, Osmania University Hyderabad. The centres are the venues where the exam is conducted. Listed below are important points about the centres:
- Hyderabad is divided into five zones namely Hyderabad West, Hyderabad North, Hyderabad Central, Hyderabad East and Hyderabad South- East.
- Once the option is selected, request for change of test zone/centre will not be entertained later.
- The Convener reserves the right to add or delete some test zones notified.
- The Convener reserves the right to allot any test zones other than that opted by the candidates.
The following map indicates a few test zones for TS EAMCET 2020:
Candidates should make sure to fill the choice carefully before freezing all the information. Once the test centre is allotted then it can not be changed later. Candidates should make sure to reach their centre at least 30 minutes before the exam commences.
TS PGECET Pattern and Syllabus
TS PGECET is conducted in online mode in multiple sessions (10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon and 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM). Comprehensive knowledge of the paper pattern is very important to plan your preparation plan. Quick highlights of TS PGECET 2020 Exam Pattern are given below:
|Mode of exam||Online or Computer-Based (CBT)|
|Type of questions||Objective or MCQ|
|Duration of exam||120 minutes|
|Number of questions||120|
|Sections in Paper||One section related to the subject specialization chosen|
|Total marks||120 marks|
|TS PGECET marking scheme|
+1 for each correct answer
No negative marking
TS PGECET Syllabus 2020
Check out in this table, the syllabus for different subjects that you are planning to sit for in TS PGECET 2020 exam. For more details of the syllabus, kindly visit the official website
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Digital Electronics|
Electrical and Electronic Measurements
Analytical, Optical Instrumentation
Signals Systems, and Communications
Measurement and Industrial Instrumentation
|Aerospace Engineering||AS||Flight Mechanics|
Basic Fluid Mechanics
Wind Tunnel Testing
Stress and Strain
Flight Vehicle Structures
Nonrotating propulsion components
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Atoms and Molecules|
Transition Metal Chemistry
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Data Communication and Network Technologies|
Internet Technology and Web Design
Basics of OS, Unix and Shell Programming
Information Storage and Management
|Mechanical Engineering||ME||Engineering Materials|
Machining and Machine Tool Operations
Metrology and Inspection
Computer Integrated Manufacturing
|Nano Technology||NT||Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials|
Fluid Mechanics and Heat transfer
Elements of Material Science
Advanced Material science
Molecular Biology and Genetics Process
Plant and Animal Biotechnology
Characteristics of animal cells
Recombinant DNA Technology
|Civil Engineering||CE||Structural Analysis|
Engineering Materials and Constructions
Engineering Economy and Management
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Network Theory Estimation and costing Power Systems|
Power Electronics and Drives
Analog and Digital Electronics
Basic Electrical Engineering
Concepts Basic Electronics
|Food Technology||-||Chemistry and Nutrition Microbiology|
Quality and Standards Food Engineering
|Pharmacy||-||Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry|
Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance
TS PGECET 2020 Books
There are many books available in markets that can lend you a helping hand. But, to gain a good percentile, you need to make a safe choice. Thus, for TS PGECET preparation, go through the enlisted books which use simple yet effective language, so that all your fundamentals are cleared.
|All India Telangana State Postgraduate Common Entrance Test (TS PGCET) Books||S. Raju|
|GATE and PGECET for Computer Science and Information Technology Paperback||Ramaiah K. Dasaradh|
|Handbook of Computer Science & IT||Surbhi Mitra|
|PGECET (Mechanical Engineering) For AP & TS 2020 (Common To All) Competitive Exams||SIA Publishers & Distributors Pvt Ltd|
|Chapterwise Previous Years' Solved Papers 2016-2000 GATE Metallurgical Engineering||S.K. Goyal|
|Chapterwise GATE Chemistry Solved Papers (2016-2000)||Sanjay Saxena, Preeti Gupta|
|A Handbook for Civil Engineering||ME Team|
TS PGECET 2020 Result
- Osmania University will be release TS PGECET 2020 Results on June 2020 (Tentative).
- The results will be declared in the form of rank card
- Visit the official website i.e. pgecet.tsche.ac.in to check your scores.
- A separate merit list is also prepared on the basis of marks scored in the examination.
- Through the exam scores, candidates are offered admissions to over 15,000 M.Tech and M.E. seats.
How to Download TS PGECET Rank Card?
Step 1: Visit the site pgecet.tsche.ac.in
Step 2: Click on ‘CETs 2020 – Results and Web Counselling’ link.
Step 3: Enter your Hall ticket No. only.
Step 4: Check your rank and percentile in the entrance examination
Step 5: Download and take a print out of the rank card as it will be required at the time of counselling and admissions procedure.
TS PGECET Cut Off 2020
TS PGECET 2020 Cut off will be released category wise and college wise. To check it, visit the official website of TSCHE or Osmania University.
Qualifying marks in TS PGECET 2020 are listed below:
- General category students have to score minimum cut off marks of 25% (30 marks) in TS PGECET 2020.
- For reserved category students, there are no minimum marks and the total score can come under 30.
- According to the different branches, the ranks will be decided.
- Each college releases its own category – wise cut off separately.
TS PGECET 2020 Counselling
- Candidates qualifying the minimum cut off are eligible to appear for TS PGECET Counselling.
- The admission procedure will begin in the month of August 2020.
- Candidates are called as per their ranks in the entrance examination.
- A maximum of three round of counselling is conducted.
- The number of sessions depends on the number of candidates applying for the counselling session.
- GATE qualifiers are also offered admissions to the participating colleges.
TS PGECET Documents required for Verification
- TS PGECET 2020 Rank Card/ Scorecard
- Original class 10 marks
- Graduation Certificate
- Caste Certificate for reserved categories
- Domicile (Law) certificate of parents
- Income Certificate
- Original Aadhar Card or Residence certificate
TS PGECET 2020 FAQs
Ques. Can one attempt the online TS PGECET exam from any computer?
Ans. No, you will be allocated a specific computer by the invigilator in the examination hall.
Ques. I do not know how to operate a computer. What should I do?
Ans. As the examination will have objective type questions, all you need to know about the computer is a basic knowledge of using a mouse. As you will have to select/ click the correct answer and submit the same.
Ques. Will I be able to move back and forth between the four sections of the TS PGECET exam?
Ans. Yes, this option is available in the online examination.
Ques. Due to some unavoidable reasons, I will not be able to appear for the examination. Will I get a refund of TS PGECET Application Fee?
Ans. No, once the application fee is paid there is no option to reimburse the same.
Ques. What details are mentioned on TS PGECET Admit Card?
Ans. The admit card will contain your photo, signature, name, roll no., test date, test time, reporting time at the venue, venue name and address. Also, the exam day instructions will also be mentioned in the document.
Ques. Can I change my preferred TS PGECET Exam Center after submission of the online form?
Ans. No, there will be no option to change your exam centre preference in the form. Therefore, make sure to choose the centre carefully.
Ques. What documents must be carried at the exam centre on TS PGECET 2020 exam day?
Ans. Listed below is the document(s) to be carried on the exam day:
- A self-attested copy of TS PGECET admit card.
- An acceptable photo identification proof like driving license, passport, PAN card, voter Id, Aadhaar card or a notarized affidavit (in English) with photo, signature, date of birth and residential address. Photocopies of the original are not acceptable.
- Candidates will not be permitted to take TS PGECET exam if photo ID is not presented.
- SC/ST/PD candidates are required to bring their valid category certificate in original and an attested photocopy. Attestation can be done by institute head also.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College