Table of Contents
TS PGECET 2020 Dates(Announced), Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
TS PGECET 2020 dates have been announced. The exam will be conducted from July 01 to 03, 2020. Previously the exams were postponed due to countrywide lockdown in wake of COVID-19 crisis. The exam was scheduled from May 28 – 31, 2020. Osmania University, Hyderabad is the conducting body on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education. The exam is conducted to grant admission to students to PG courses such as M.Tech, M.Pharmacy, M.Arch and ME offered by colleges in the state of Telangana. As per TS PGECET 2020 Eligibility, engineering, architecture and pharmacy graduates with 50% marks are eligible to apply for the exam.
Latest: TS PGECET 2020 Registration has been extended till June 10, 2020. Apply here
- The application fee is INR 1000 for General, OBC and EWS categories and INR 500 for SC, ST students.
- According to TS PGECET 2020 Exam Pattern, it will be a 2-hour computer-based test with 120 multiple-choice questions.
- Each question will carry 1 mark and there will be no provision of negative marking in the exam.
- There are 17 papers for various courses and TS PGECET 2020 Syllabus for each paper varies.
- Candidates can attempt mock tests of their respective subjects available on the official website.
For GATE and GPAT Candidates
- GATE and GPAT qualifiers are given preference and are exempted from the entrance examination.
- They must apply separately for online counselling session of TS PGECET 2020.
- Once seats are filled by GATE qualifiers, the remaining seats are offered to TS PGECET 2020 qualifiers as per merit cum preference basis.
Exam in News:
As per the media reports TS PGECET might be conducted in mid-June. The Chairman of TSCHE T Papi Reddy while speaking to media explained that it will take around three weeks to conduct the CET after the application process is over. Hence it’s expected that the exam will be conducted in mid-June, provided there is no further extension in the lockdown period.
Highlights of TS PGECET 2020
|Exam Name||Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Osmania University on behalf of TSCHE|
|Periodicity||Once a year|
|Programs Offered||ME / M.Tech. / M.Pharmacy / M.Arch and Pharm-D (Post Baccalaureate)|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Type and No. of Questions||Objective, 120 Questions|
|Validity of TS PGECET Score||One year|
|Number of Seats||Approximately 40,000|
|TS PGECET Helpdeskfirstname.lastname@example.org OR +91 – 9502721173|
TS PGECET Important Dates
TS PGECET 2020 Important Dates
The official exam dates for the engineering exam are available now:
|Events||Dates (Officially Announced)|
|Release of TS PGECET 2020 Notification||February 20, 2020|
|Commencement of TS PGECET 2020 Registration||March 12, 2020|
|Last day to submit TS PGECET 2020 Application Form (without late fee)||June 10, 2020 (Extended)|
|Last day to submit TS PGECET 2020 Application Form (with late fee of INR 500)||To be announced|
|Last day to submit TS PGECET 2020 Application Form (with late fee of INR 2000)||To be announced|
|Last day to submit TS PGECET 2020 Application Form (with late fee INR 5000)||To be announced|
|Last day to submit TS PGECET 2020 Application Form (with late fee of INR 10000)||To be announced|
|Availability of TS PGECET 2020 Hall Ticket||To be notified|
|TS PGECET 2020 Exam Date||July 01 to July 03, 2020|
|Declaration of TS PGECET 2020 Result||To be notified|
|Commencement of TS PGECET 2020 Counselling||August 2020|
TS PGECET Eligibility Criteria
TS PGECET Eligibility Criteria 2020
To apply for TS PGECET 2020, candidates must fulfil the following eligibility conditions:
- Nationality: candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- Domicile: Telangana domiciled with certificate proof for the same.
- Local/non-local status: The local/non-local status of the candidate must be satisfied as per the admission requirements.
- Non-Indian candidates: candidates who are not Indian Nationals should fulfil the rules defined by the respective university.
- Educational Qualification: Engineering/ architecture/ pharmacy graduates with 50% aggregate marks for general category and 45% for SCs, STs.
- Age limit: There is no upper age limit for appearing for PGECET 2020 for the self-financed students. For a Fee Reimbursement maximum age for SC/ ST/ BC candidates is 34 years and for Minorities /Disabled/EBC the age limit is 30 years.
How to Apply for TS PGECET
How to Apply for TS PGECET 2020?
TS PGECET 2020 Application Form has been available from March 12, 2020, at pgecet.tsche.ac.in. It is to be noted that the registration process is completely online. There are majorly three phases of the online application. They are as follows:
First Phase: TS PGECET 2020 Registration
Step 1: Visit the official website of TS PGECET 2020 i.e. pgecet.tsche.ac.in.
Step 2: Register for the exam by furnishing the required details.
Step 3: Pay the registration fee as per your category. Know more
Step 4: After successful payment, you will receive a transaction ID and password on the registered Email ID and Mobile No.
Second Phase: Fill TS PGECET 2020 Application Form
Step 1: Login with the issued transaction ID and password.
Step 2: Enter all the required details in the defined format.
Third Phase: Uploading Photograph and Signature
After filling the application form completely, you have to scan and upload your photo and signature as per the defined guidelines.
|Photograph||Less than 50 kb in JPG format|
|Signature||Less than 30 kb in JPG format|
Once all the details are filled, submit TS PGECET 2020 Application Form. It is advisable for candidates to take a print out of the filled-in application form for further reference.
TS PGECET 2020 Application Fee
Tabulated below is the category-wise fee for the examination:
Modes of Payment
- The registration fee needs to be paid online through the payment gateway (Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking).
- In case a student wants to sit for more than one test, the separate registration fee has to be paid.
- TS PGECET also has the provision of submission of forms with late fee payment.
- Depending on the dates of submission of the forms, the application fee varies.
TS PGECET Admit Card
TS PGECET 2020 Admit Card
- Admit Card for TS PGECET 2020 will be available for the successfully registered candidates only.
- The admit is expected to release in the third week of May 2020.
- The document is a gateway to the examination venue.
- Candidates failing to produce the same will be prohibited to appear for the state level exam.
How to Download TS PGECET 2020 Admit Card?
Step 1: Visit the official website of TS PGECET 2020.
Step 2: Click on ‘TS PGECET 2020 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket’ link.
Step 3: Enter your registration number and Submit
Step 4: Check and Download Hall Ticket for TS PGECET.
TS PGECET 2020 Exam Centers
TS PGECET 2020 Exam Centers are pre-decided by the conducting body, Osmania University, Hyderabad. The centres are the venues where the exam is conducted. Listed below are important points about the centers:
- Hyderabad is divided into five zones namely Hyderabad West, Hyderabad North, Hyderabad Central, Hyderabad East and Hyderabad South- East.
- Once the option is selected, request for change of test zone/centre will not be entertained later.
- The Convener reserves the right to add or delete some test zones notified.
- The Convener reserves the right to allot any test zones other than that opted by the candidates.
The following map indicates a few test zones for TS PGECET 2020:
Candidates should make sure to fill the choice carefully before freezing all the information. Once the test center is allotted then it cannot be changed later. Candidates should make sure to reach their center at least 30 minutes before the exam commences.
TS PGECET Exam Pattern
TS PGECET 2020 Exam Pattern
TS PGECET 2020 will be conducted in online mode in multiple sessions (10:00 AM to 12:00 Noon and 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM). Comprehensive knowledge of the paper pattern is very important to plan your preparation. Quick highlights of TS PGECET 2020 Exam Pattern are given below:
|Mode of exam||Online or Computer-Based (CBT)|
|Type of questions||Objective or MCQ|
|Duration of exam||120 minutes|
|Number of questions||120 questions|
|Sections in Paper||One section related to the subject specialization chosen|
|Total marks||120 marks|
|TS PGECET marking scheme|
+1 for each correct answer
No negative marking
TS PGECET Syllabus 2020
Check out in this table, the syllabus for different subjects that you are planning to sit for in TS PGECET 2020 exam. For more details of the syllabus, kindly visit the official website
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Digital Electronics|
Electrical and Electronic Measurements
Analytical, Optical Instrumentation
Signals Systems, and Communications
Measurement and Industrial Instrumentation
|Aerospace Engineering||AS||Flight Mechanics|
Basic Fluid Mechanics
Wind Tunnel Testing
Stress and Strain
Flight Vehicle Structures
Nonrotating propulsion components
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Atoms and Molecules|
Transition Metal Chemistry
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Data Communication and Network Technologies|
Internet Technology and Web Design
Basics of OS, Unix and Shell Programming
Information Storage and Management
|Mechanical Engineering||ME||Engineering Materials|
Machining and Machine Tool Operations
Metrology and Inspection
Computer Integrated Manufacturing
|Nano Technology||NT||Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials|
Fluid Mechanics and Heat transfer
Elements of Material Science
Advanced Material science
Molecular Biology and Genetics Process
Plant and Animal Biotechnology
Characteristics of animal cells
Recombinant DNA Technology
|Civil Engineering||CE||Structural Analysis|
Engineering Materials and Constructions
Engineering Economy and Management
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Network Theory Estimation and costing Power Systems|
Power Electronics and Drives
Analog and Digital Electronics
Basic Electrical Engineering
Concepts Basic Electronics
|Food Technology||-||Chemistry and Nutrition Microbiology|
Quality and Standards Food Engineering
|Pharmacy||-||Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry|
Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quality Assurance
TS PGECET 2020 Books
There are many books available in markets that can lend you a helping hand. But, to gain a good percentile, you need to make a safe choice. Thus, for TS PGECET 2020 Preparation, go through the enlisted books which use simple yet effective language, so that all your fundamentals are cleared.
|All India Telangana State Postgraduate Common Entrance Test (TS PGCET) Books||S. Raju|
|GATE and PGECET for Computer Science and Information Technology Paperback||Ramaiah K. Dasaradh|
|Handbook of Computer Science & IT||Surbhi Mitra|
|PGECET (Mechanical Engineering) For AP & TS 2020 (Common To All) Competitive Exams||SIA Publishers & Distributors Pvt Ltd|
|Chapterwise Previous Years' Solved Papers 2019-2000 GATE Metallurgical Engineering||S.K. Goyal|
|Chapterwise GATE Chemistry Solved Papers (2019-2000)||Sanjay Saxena, Preeti Gupta|
|A Handbook for Civil Engineering||ME Team|
TS PGECET Result
TS PGECET 2020 Result
- Osmania University will release TS PGECET 2020 Results in June 2020 (Tentative).
- The results will be declared in the form of rank card
- Visit the official website i.e. pgecet.tsche.ac.in to check your scores.
- A separate merit list is also prepared on the basis of marks scored in the examination.
- Through the exam scores, candidates are offered admissions to over 15,000 M.Tech and M.E. seats.
How to Download TS PGECET Rank Card?
Step 1: Visit the site pgecet.tsche.ac.in
Step 2: Click on ‘CETs 2020 – Results and Web Counselling’ link.
Step 3: Enter your Hall ticket No. only.
Step 4: Check your rank and percentile in the entrance examination
Step 5: Download and take a print out of the rank card as it will be required at the time of counselling and admissions procedure.
TS PGECET Cutoff 2020
TS PGECET 2020 Cutoff will be released category wise and college wise. To check it, visit the official website of TSCHE or Osmania University.
Qualifying marks in TS PGECET 2020 are listed below:
- General category students have to score minimum cut off marks of 25% (30 marks) in TS PGECET 2020.
- For reserved category students, there are no minimum marks and the total score can come under 30.
- According to the different branches, the ranks will be decided.
- Each college releases its own category – wise cut off separately.
TS PGECET 2020 Counselling
- Candidates qualifying the minimum cut off are eligible to appear for TS PGECET Counselling.
- The admission procedure will begin in the month of August 2020.
- Candidates are called as per their ranks in the entrance examination.
- A maximum of three round of counselling is conducted.
- The number of sessions depends on the number of candidates applying for the counselling session.
- GATE qualifiers are also offered admissions to the participating colleges.
TS PGECET 2020 Documents required for Verification
- TS PGECET 2020 Rank Card/ Scorecard
- Original class 10 marks
- Graduation Certificate
- Caste Certificate for reserved categories
- Domicile (Law) certificate of parents
- Income Certificate
- Original Aadhar Card or Residence certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
TS PGECET 2020 FAQs
Ques. Can one attempt the online TS PGECET from any computer?
Ans. No, you will be allocated a specific computer by the invigilator in the examination hall.
Ques. I do not know how to operate a computer. What should I do?
Ans. As the examination will have objective type questions, all you need to know about the computer is a basic knowledge of using a mouse. As you will have to select/ click the correct answer and submit the same.
Ques. Will I be able to move back and forth between the four sections of the TS PGECET?
Ans. Yes, this option is available in the online examination.
Ques. Due to some unavoidable reasons, I will not be able to appear for the examination. Will I get a refund of TS PGECET Application Fee?
Ans. No, once the application fee is paid there is no option to reimburse the same.
Ques. What details are mentioned on TS PGECET Admit Card?
Ans. The admit card will contain your photo, signature, name, roll no., test date, test time, reporting time at the venue, venue name and address. Also, the exam day instructions will also be mentioned in the document.
Ques. Can I change my preferred TS PGECET Exam Center after submission of the online form?
Ans. No, there will be no option to change your exam centre preference in the form. Therefore, make sure to choose the centre carefully.
Ques. What documents must be carried at the exam centre on TS PGECET 2020 exam day?
Ans. Listed below is the document(s) to be carried on the exam day:
- A self-attested copy of TS PGECET admit card.
- An acceptable photo identification proof like driving license, passport, PAN card, voter Id, Aadhaar card or a notarized affidavit (in English) with photo, signature, date of birth and residential address. Photocopies of the original are not acceptable.
- Candidates will not be permitted to take TS PGECET if photo ID is not presented.
- SC/ST/PD candidates are required to bring their valid category certificate in original and an attested photocopy. Attestation can be done by institute head also.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College