Dhole Patil College of Engineering (DPCOE) established in 2008, is a premier Engineering and Management College located in Pune, Maharashtra. DPCOE offers an undergraduate degree in BE in 6 specializations, a postgraduate degree in ME in 4 specializations, and an MBA degree in 5 specializations. It is the first college in Pune to offer an undergraduate engineering degree in Automobile Engineering. The admission in DPCOE is strictly based on the merit secured in either the state level or national level entrance examinations. DPCOE has also received the Rotary Professional Excellence Award for the Best Urban College in Education.
Dhole Patil College of Engineering Highlights
|Established | Type||2008 | Private|
|Approved by||AICTE New Delhi, Govt of Maharashtra|
|Affiliated to||Savitribai Phule Pune University|
|Accredited||NAAC A grade|
|Admission criteria||Entrance based|
|Entrance||For BE- MH-CET/ JEE Mains
For ME- MH-CET/ GATE
For MBA- MH-CET/ CAT/ MAT/ AMIE
Dhole Patil College of Engineering Pune Rankings
- DPCOE is among the top 10 engineering colleges in Pune.
- It has one of the best quality of placements in eastern Pune according to Times Ranking.
- DPCOE has also received the Rotary Professional Excellence Award for the Best Urban College in Education.
Dhole Patil College of Engineering Pune Courses
DPCOE offers an undergraduate degree in Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in 6 specializations, a postgraduate degree in Master of Engineering (ME) in 4 specializations, and the Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in 5 specializations. The following table enlists the different specializations, eligibility criteria, selection criteria, and duration of all the courses:
|BE||Specializations: Computer Engineering, Information Technology Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Civil Engineering. Eligibility criteria: The candidate must have passed 10+2 with 50% or more marks in Physics, Chemistry, Maths (PCM) as the compulsory subject
Selection criteria: The admission is based on the merit obtained in MH-CET or JEE Mains examination. The merit of the candidate should meet the cutoff released by the college.
Duration: 4 years full time on campus
|ME||Specializations: VLSI & Embedded Systems, Heat Power, Computer Engineering, Design Engineering
Eligibility criteria: The candidate must have a bachelor's degree (BE or B.Tech) in the relevant subject with 50% or more marks in Physics, Chemistry, Maths (PCM) as the compulsory subjects Selection criteria: The admission is based on the merit obtained in MH-CET or GATE examination. The merit of the candidate should meet the cutoff released by the college
Duration: 2 years full time on campus
|MBA||Specializations: Marketing Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Information Technology Management, Operations Management
Eligibility criteria: The candidate must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline with 50% or more marks
Selection criteria: The admission is based on the merit obtained in MH-CET/ CAT/ MAT/ AMIE examination. The merit of the candidate should meet the cutoff released by the college
Duration: 2 years full time on campus
Dhole Patil College of Engineering Pune Admission
Dhole Patil College of Engineering follows the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) for admission to all the courses. The candidates should fulfill the required eligibility criteria for the course of their choice. The selection of the candidate is purely based on the merit obtained in the entrance examination. The candidate must pass either the state level or the national level entrance examination of the particular course. The merit secured in the entrance exam must meet the cut-off released by the college.
|BE||MH-CET/ JEE Mains|
|MBA||MH-CET/ CAT/ MAT/ AMIE|
Note: The candidates who are looking for lateral entry into the second year of BE program must have passed B.Sc. or Diploma in the required subjects.
How to Apply?
DPCOE offers only online applications for admission in all the programs. The application process is common to all the courses:
- Download the application form from the official website.
- Fill the form in the prescribed format along with the registration fees.
- Attach the self-attested photocopies of the required documents for the verification of eligibility.
Once the student is selected for admission after passing all the eligibility and selection criteria, he/she must complete the admission process with the submission of all the required documents and payment of the fees for the first year.
The following original documents need to be attached with the application form:
- SSC (10th) Marksheet
- HSC (10+2) Marksheet
- Bachelor degree certificates (for M.E. and MBA applicants)
- MHT-CET/ JEE Main/ GATE/ CAT/ MAT/ AMIE scorecard
- Leaving/Transfer certificate
- Educational Gap Certificate (if applicable)
- Migration Certificate
- Defense Certificate (if applicable)
- Nationality/ Domicile Certificate (if applicable)
- Category Document (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
- Non-creamy layer certificate (if applicable)
- Aadhar card
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Office copy of Fees Paid Challan
Read more: DPCOE Pune Admission
Dhole Patil College of Engineering Pune Placements
The college provides placement and internship opportunities to the eligible students. It trains students in soft skills to appear for aptitude tests and GD-PIs through a corporate training division tie-up from their first year itself. Various companies visit the college every year for placement drives. Some of the top recruiters of the college include:
|Tech Mahindra||IBM||Markets & Markets||Barclays|
|Searce||Sears Holdings||Vodafone||All Scripts|
|Persistent||Neosoft Technology||Vopak Technologies||TCS|
Dhole Patil College of Engineering Pune Scholarship
The Chairman Hon. Shri. Sagar Ulhas Dhole Patil established the "Dhole Patil Scholarship scheme" in the year 2016 for the students from economically weaker sections of the society. The candidates eligible for this scholarship scheme have to pay a subsidized amount of fees for tuition and hostel. Every year, more than 100 students are benefited from this scholarship scheme.
Dhole Patil College of Engineering Pune Facilities
The college campus provides the students with the following facilities:
- Hostel: The hostel is located on the campus with a capacity of 250 students. It facilitates the students with all the basic needs including mess and wifi connection. The hostel also has a reading hall for the students who wish to study for extra hours.
- Transport: The college provides for a bus facility connecting all parts of Pune so that it is comfortable for students commuting from any locations within Pune.
- Library: The DPCoE College Library serves as a knowledge and information sharing resource center for all the students and staff, with the latest reference books and journals. It has a rich collection of technical and soft skill books for Engineering and Management students.
- Canteen: The canteen provides onsite dining, food and beverage vending, a relaxed ambiance, and follows the highest standards for food quality.
- Training and Placement cell: Training & Placement (T&P) Cell is an integral part of the institution. The cell functions all through the year to generate placement and training opportunities for students. The cell organizes training activities that prepare students for the campus placement drive.
- The Entrepreneurship Development Cell: This cell aims at achieving the perfect union of technical proficiency, leadership, and managerial skills to universal citizens and inventions in the path of entrepreneurship.
- DPCOE Moodle: It is an online learning platform wherein students can interact with teachers and can access notes provided by the teacher on moodle.
- Medical facilities are also available on the campus.
- The campus also has a gymnasium.
Dhole Patil College of Engineering Pune FAQs
Ques. How to make a fee payment at DPCOE?
Ques. How qualified is the faculty at DPCOE Pune?
Read More: Dhole Patil College of Engineering Faculty
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria for placements?
Ques: What is the per room intake of the hostel?
Ques. What is the cutoff of the previous year in MH CET for BE?
|BE Electronics & Telecom Engineering||55|
|BE Civil Engineering||61|
|BE Mechanical Engineering||62|
|BE (Information Technology)||73|
|BE Automobile Engineering||63|
|BE Computer Engineering||85|
Read More: Dhole Patil College of Engineering Cut off