Assam Institute of Management, shortly referred to as AIM, was established in 1988 as a public institute in Guwahati. It offers 4 specializations of MBA, recently converted from the PGDM courses. Admissions to the courses are on the basis of entrance examinations, followed by Personal Interviews and Group Discussions. The admission process is both online and offline.
The highest salary package offered was INR 6.5 LPA and the average salary package was of INR 3.8 LPA. Some of the top recruiters are ITC, Asian Paints, ICICI, CCD, Kent, Indusind Bank, Kotak, Marico, Airtel, Jio, HDFC, Axis Bank, Oppo, Loreal, etc.
Assam Institute of Management Highlights
|Established | Type||1988 | Public|
|Approved by||All India Council of Technical Education|
|Affiliated to||Assam Science and Technology University (ASTU)|
|Entrance Test||CAT/ CMAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ MAT|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test + Interview|
|Top Recruiters||Jio, HDFC, Axis Bank, SBI, etc|
|Facilities||Library, Computer Centre, Student Activities|
Assam Institute of Management Courses
The institute offers an MBA course, recently converted from the PGDM course. This includes four specializations. The course is approved by AICTE and is affiliated to ASTU. The details of the course are as mentioned below:
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, except Fine Arts, with a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks
Specializations: Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Operations Selection Criteria: Entrance Exam + Interview + Group Discussion
Fees: INR 1.67 LPA
Assam Institute of Management Admission
Admission to the courses is through a three-tier system: Entrance Examination Scores, Interview and Group Discussion. The scores of CAT, CMAT, ATMA, MAT, and XAT are accepted in the first step. In addition, applicants will also have to apply to AIM by filling up a separate Application Form. On the basis of the marks scored in one of the above tests and the information provided in the AIM Application Form, shortlisted candidates would be called for Group Discussion and Interview at Guwahati for final selection.
How to Apply?
- Go to the Assam Institute of Management website.
- Click on the “Academics” option and then on the “Admission” button.
- Click on the “Click here to download Admission Form (1st Phase)” button.
- Download the Application form to apply offline or fill in the form online.
- Submit the form along with the application fee of INR 1000.
- If submitting offline, send the application form and the required documents, in addition to the demand draft, to the following address: Admission Coordinator, Assam Institute of Management, Bigyan Path (Opposite IASST), Paschim Boragaon, Guwahati – 781035.
Read More: Assam Institute of Management MBA admission
Assam Institute of Management Placements
The AIM alumni seem to have ready acceptance in industries. AIM alumni are posted in places like Kathmandu, Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Pune, Bhubaneswar, Delhi, Mumbai, etc. apart from being in various places in the North East. The highest package offered was INR 6.5 LPA and the average salary package offered was INR 3.8 LPA. Some of the popular recruiters include:
|AXIS Bank||HDFC Bank||ICICI Bank||ICICI Prudential|
|Colgate Palmolive||CavinCare||Future Group||IFB Industries|
|Kellogg’s||Kent RO||IndusInd Bank||Kotak Bank|
|Pepsi CO||SBI Life||SafeChem Industries||Bridgestone Tyres|
Read More: Assam Institute of Management Placement
Assam Institute of Management Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the institute include:
- Library: The institute has a well-stocked library with more than 11500 volumes and subscribing to nearly 50 journals and magazines and daily newspapers. It also maintains newspaper clippings, collection of corporate annual reports, audio/ video/ CD reference materials and publications, and reports of committees.
- Computer Centre: The Institute has a computer center with fifty computers with printing facilities. It also has broadband Internet facilities supported by NKN for the students along with Wi-Fi facilities throughout the campus.
- Student Activities: The institute runs many unique programs and activities, which contribute to the overall development of the participants. These include AIM-QUEST, AIM-SPORTS, AIM-CULTURAL NIGHT, Yoga, Social Activity, Seminars, and Blood Donation Camps.
Read More: Assam Institute of Management Reviews
Assam Institute of Management Faculty
The institute has trained faculty members and they are active and regular participants in international conferences and symposia. The institute has 8 full-time faculty across functional disciplines and 16 Adjunct faculty members.
Read More: Assam Institute of Management Faculty
Assam Institute of Management FAQs
Ques. How do I increase my chances of being selected?
Ques. Can I take a job while I am doing the course?
Ques. What is the reservation quota for seats?
|Foreign/ NRI sponsored Applicants||3 seats|
AIM also has two seats each reserved for students from Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, and Sikkim for which nomination from respective state governments are essential.
Ques. What is the schedule for the Admission Process?
|Last Day to submit Application Form||March 12, 2020|
|Announcement of names for GD and PI||March 13, 2020|
|Group Discussion and Personal Interview||March 20, 2020|
|Result of GD and PI||March 21, 2020|
Ques. How do we contact the college for more details?