S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) is a private graduate business school located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Founded by the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan in 1981, SPJIMR was inaugurated by Margret Thatcher, the then British Prime Minister. The institute was named after Sahu Shreyans Prasad Jain of the Sahu Jain family. Initially, it was affiliated to Bombay University but to provide itself more freedom in curriculum, it disaffiliated itself from the university. The institute provides various Post-graduate, Post-graduate Diploma and Certificate Management programs.
The institute has three international campuses i.e. Singapore (2006), Sydney (2012), and in Dubai (2004) managed under the names S. P. Jain Center of Management and S P Jain School of Global Management. Since 1994–95, it has been ranked consistently among the top 10 B-schools of India and also been in the top B-schools of Asia Pacific region.
Private Institute (Autonomous)
AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education)
SPJIMR offers two Post-Graduate Diploma programs equivalent to an MBA degree. The institute also offers other courses like Social Sector Management Program, Entrepreneurship Programs (Grow Your Business and Start Your Business) and Global Programs along with short-term courses for specialized needs.
Check SPJIMR Courses and Fee Structure
The application form is available on the official website of the college. Candidates who wish to apply are required to visit the official website and submit their applications. Only shortlisted candidates will go for further process.
The admission is done on the basis of entrance exam score, group discussion, and personal interview. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their marks will be called for next stage of selection process i.e. group discussion and personal interview. Qualified applicants in all rounds will be considered for admission.
Read more about SPJIMR Admission Process
SPJIMR has been an excellent institute in terms of placements. It completed another successful placement season for the PGDM batch of 2017. This year witnessed participation of 104 companies to hire students. A brief compilation of placement statistics is given below-
- Total number of students eligible for placement- 229
- Number of participating companies- 104
- Number of Pre-Placement Offers- 86
- Average salary of the batch- 20.9 LPA
- 91% of the batch has offers of INR 15 lakhs and more
- 98% of the batch has salaries of INR 14 lakhs and more
- The median salary for the batch of 229 students was 20.0 lakhs
Know About SPJIMR Placement
SPJIMR Centers of Excellence
The Institute has the following Centers of Excellence:
- Centre for Services, Sciences, Management and Engineering
- Centre for Continuing Management Education
- Center for Family Managed Business
- Center for Entrepreneurship Development
- Center for Development of Corporate Citizenship
- Center for Education in Social Sector
The Institute deeply believes in the all-round development of the students and this leads to the various clubs and activities that happen in the college like:
- GASP (Guild of Actors @ SP) who categorizes a play every year.
- Elevator Pitch Contest.
- Lock, Stock & Trade (LST) is an annual national-level entrepreneurship event organized by SPJIMR in association with the National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN).
- SPJIMR Academic Conclave (SAC) - A podium for development business-academia combination battered exclusively at the corporate members.
The campus is equipped with all the modern comforts distinctive of a world-class educational establishment. The campus though modest and humble comprises of all the requisite facilities.
The sports and entertainment facilities include playing fields, an Open Air Theatre and jogging tracks. The campus also boasts of Cultural Center, Lake, Yog Kutir, Institute of Holistic Health Sciences and Botanical Gardens. Some notable facilities are described below:
The Library with its range of management works is the focal point of the institute. The fully hi-tech library offers 27 different types of knowledge media comprises of-
- 150 foreign and Indian business periodicals and journals, audio-video cassettes & CD-ROMs.
- Collection of over 18,000 volumes.
- Online databases like EBSCO Premier, Thomson Learning, CRISIL GVC, Prowess Client, ISI Emerging Markets, and CRISINFAC.
- SPJIMR has ensured a plan with other libraries including American Resource Center, World Trade Centre Library, and the British Council Library.
Information Technology Center
The IT Centre is equipped with Client Server architecture using analytical tools and educational software counting management games as well as computers, thereby inspiring its pedagogy of non-classroom learning. Few noted technologies implemented are:
- A CD Server with a 120 GB HDD.
- The 768Kbps and 4 ISDN line backbone.
- 2.4 GHz frequency Wireless/LAN backed by a 100 Mbps internal LAN.
The institute organizes following events:
- Ojas- It is the business festival of SPJIMR. It was launched in 2009. It comprises of events and contests organized and managed by students.
- Sprint- Sprint is SPJIMR's annual sports meet. The Sprint events include athletics (12 categories), cricket, football, swimming, chess, carom, basketball, badminton, volleyball etc.
- Spandan- It is the annual alumni reunion event organized by Alumni committee, held in December every year.