Calcutta Business School (CBS) was established in 2008 and situated in Kolkata, West Bengal. It is an autonomous institute offering an AICTE approved two-year fully residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program and several Executive and Management Development Programs. It has international collaboration with Girne American University and East Michigan University. Calcutta Business School Admission to PGDM is done through MAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA and JEMAT Scores.
CBS Calcutta Highlights
|Mode of Registration||Online|
CBS Calcutta Courses
Calcutta Business School offers a two year full time postgraduate Diploma in Management in four different specializations.
Course: Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Duration: 2 years
- Specializations: Human Resource Management, Finance, and Marketing.
- Eligibility: Bachelor degree with 50% marks.
Read More CBS Calcutta Courses and Fees
CBS Calcutta Admissions
Calcutta Business School offers admission to its PGDM program on the basis of a valid score in CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT, ATMA, JEMAT score followed by group discussion and personal interview. Candidates will be shortlisted for group discussion and personal interview based on their score in the entrance exams. The final selection will be based on Academics, Work experience, Entrance exam results, GD/PI and Psychometric test. Candidates who wish to apply may do so by applying online from the official website.
Here are the steps to apply:
Step 1: Visit https://calcuttabusinessschool.org/
Step 2: Click on the ‘PGDM Admission’ link tab at the top of the page.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Click to Apply’ option.
Step 4: Fill all the relevant details and click ‘Next’ to sign in.
Step 5: The applicant will receive an application number and password.
Step 6: Login using ID and Password.
Step 7: Enter all academic details upload a copy of scanned photograph (480x640 pixels.) and proceed for payment.
Step 8: Pay the application fee of INR 1500 + convenience Charge of INR 25 via Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
Read More CBS Calcutta Admissions
CBS Calcutta Scholarships
As a reward for students’ hard work and efforts, CBS offers two scholarships of INR 25,000 each to all students securing the First and Second positions in each of the first, second and third trimesters. Four students will be selected for Tuition Waiver (TW) scholarships at the time of their entering the PGDM program.
The students selected for TW scholarships would have to meet the following two requirements:
- 75% or more marks at the undergraduate level.
- 85 percentile and above score in CAT/XAT.
The selected students would be required to pay 40% of the applicable Course Fees. Continuation of TW scholarship will depend on the academic performance (CGPA of 7 or more throughout) of the student.
Read More CBS Calcutta Scholarship
CBS Calcutta Placements
Calcutta Business School is well famous for its previous placement records. It is providing placements in stable sectors on good designations like Senior Executive, Business Service Associate, or Management Cadre. The Placement cell is offering both types of placement off-campus and on-campus placements.
Here are the highlights of Calcutta Business School Placements of batch 2016-18:
- Maximum Salary Package: INR 6.5 LPA
- Minimum Salary Package: INR 4.94 LPA
- Placement Record: 100%
- Frequent Companies: Godrej, Kotak, Ekart, Cruise Line, Crisil, Berger, Reliance Retail, ICICI Securities, Nestle, MFF, HDFC Bank, etc.
Read More Calcutta Business School Placements
CBS Calcutta Facilities
- Infrastructure: Calcutta Business School’s sprawling 15-acres eco-friendly campus at Bishnupur at the outskirts of Kolkata is one of the largest dedicated Business School campuses in India. With facilities to enable a 24 x 7 x 365 continuous learning environment where hundreds of students and academics can live, learn and recreate, the campus could easily rank among the campuses of the top ranking B-schools in the world.
- Student Hostel: With recreational facilities, lounge, gymnasium, dining hall, doctor’s chamber, and retail store, the student hostel can accommodate 120 students at present. Additional floors and extension of the building could be done to accommodate close to 300 students.
- Recreational Activities: Recreational facilities at the campus include basketball court, badminton court, grounds for football or cricket, and lounge facilities.
- Administrative Building: The administrative building has a general administration wing, admission cell, placement cell, and a 120-seater seminar hall for classes, corporate training or other occasions.
CBS Calcutta Faculty
With highly qualified faculty at Calcutta Business School, the institute is committed to imparting strong educational foundations and values in the hearts, thoughts, and actions of the future managers.
Name: Shri S K Birla
- Designation: Chairman
Name: Dr. Tamal Dutta Chaudhuri
- Designation: Dean
Name: Dr. Suman Kumar Dawan
- Designation: Principal (Acting)
Name: Dr. Pinaki Ranjan Bhattacharyya
- Designation: Associate Professor
About CBS Calcutta
Calcutta Business School (CBS) is an autonomous institute offering an AICTE approved 2 years full-time Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) and Management Development Programs (MDP). The B-School, modeled on the top-ranking business schools of the country, is located in a sprawling 15 acre residential, eco-friendly and smart campus on the outskirts of Kolkata. The School provides an environment that is academically thought-provoking and made enjoyable by a variety of avenues provided to students for self-expression and development.
CBS Calcutta FAQs
Ques. What are the course fees for the PGDM Program?
Ans. The course fees for the PGDM program is INR 6,85,000.
Ques. Can we pay the fees in Installments?
Ans. Kindly note that the fee is to be paid in six installments before the start of each term. One can avail of the Loan facility available.
Ques. What are the scholarship schemes available for students achieving first and second position?
Ans. As a reward for students’ hard work and efforts, CBS offers TWO scholarships of Rs. 25,000 each to all students securing the First and Second positions in each of the first, second and third trimesters.
Ques. What is Tuition Waiver Scholarship Program ?
Ans. Tuition Waiver (TW) scholarships at the time of their entering the PGDM programme. The students selected for TW scholarships would have to meet the following two requirements: a. 75% or more marks at the undergraduate level. b. 85 percentile and above score in CAT 2019/XAT 2020. The selected students would be required to pay 40% of the applicable Course Fees. Continuation of TW scholarship will depend on the academic performance (CGPA of 7 or more throughout) of the student.