JEMAT 2021 Results will be announce on third week of June 2021 (Tentative), at the official website of MAKAUT. Candidates can check the results by logging into their account. JEMAT will be conducted through online (IBT) mode on First week of June 2021 (Tentative). Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test (JEMAT) is a state-level test conducted for admission in the MBA programs in the colleges of West Bengal. The test is administered by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal.
- JEMAT 2021 result will be announced on third week of June 2021 (Tentative).
- The exam consists of 100 questions to be attempted in 120 minutes.
- There are three sections, namely, English, Mathematics and Logical Reasoning.
- 1 mark is awarded for every correct response and 0.25 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
- JEMAT 2021 Applications will be available from First Week of May 2021 (Tentative)
Highlights of JEMAT 2021
|Exam name||Joint Entrance Management Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||120 Minutes|
|Courses offered||MBA and PG Diploma in Management|
JEMAT 2021 Datesheet
All the important activities related to JEMAT 2021 and a corresponding tentative schedule is shown in the table below.
|Activity||Dates (JEMAT) (Tentative)|
|Release of Application form||First week of May 2021|
|Last date to apply||Last week of May 2021|
|Admit card release||Last week of May 2021|
|JEMAT 2021 Exam Date||First week of June 2021|
|JEMAT 2021 Results||Third week of June 2021|
JEMAT 2021 Eligibility
- Candidates from any country can apply.
- Students from Nepal and Bhutan must submit No Objection certificate from their High Commission along with the Form hardcopy.
- Nationality certificate is to be submitted by Foreign/NRI candidates.
- Candidate must have completed an undergraduate degree with minimum 50% aggregate from any recognized University
- Final year graduation candidates are also eligible to apply. However, they must provide the final year mark sheet by September 2021.
- There is no age limit to appear for the exam.
Number of Attempts:
- There is no set limit for the number of times a candidate appears for the exam.
How to Apply for JEMAT 2021?
- Visit the official website wbut.ac.in.
- Click on Registration.
- Click on Form 1-C.
- Fill the information asked in the form like Name, Contact Number, Address, Gender, Category, Academic Details, etc.
- Make sure all the information filled is accurate. The form once submitted will not be availble for modifications.
- Click on Submit. Take a print out of the Application Form.
- An application ID will be sent to the registered mobile number for future login.
- The application fee is to be sent as a Demand Draft along with the copy of application form to the following address:
In the envelope containing the application and DD, candidates must write ‘Application for JEMAT 2021’.
JEMAT 2021 Application Fee
- Payment of application fee can only be done via Demand Draft drawn in favour of ‘WBUT-JEMAT’ payable at Kolkata.
- Application fee for candidates belonging to various categories is shown in the table below.
|Category||JEMAT Application Fee|
|General and Other Backward Class (OBC)||INR 600/-|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||INR 300/-|
JEMAT 2021 Admit Card
- JEMAT 2021 Admit Card will be available on the official website from Last week of May 2021 (Tentative).
- Admit Card will not be sent to candidates via post or email.
- JEMAT 2021 Hall Ticket is a mandatory document to bring to the examination centre.
How to download JEMAT 2021 Admit Card?
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the tab “JEMAT 2021”.
- Click on “Download Hall Ticket”.
- Enter the Application ID.
- The Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Take a print of the Admit Card.
The following details are present in JEMAT 2021 Admit Card: -
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Roll Number
- Exam Venue
- Exam Time
- Exam Date
JEMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
There are three sections that constitute JEMAT, namely English, Mathematics and Logical Reasoning.
- English and Mathematics section comprises of 40 questions each while the logical reasoning section comprises of 20 questions.
- Each question is worth 1 mark.
- Every wrong response attracts a negative making of 0.25.
- The total duration of the examination is 2 hours.
The following table shows JEMAT 2021 Exam Pattern: -
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|English||40 questions||40 marks|
|Mathematics||40 questions||40 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||20 questions||20 marks|
|Total||100 questions||100 marks|
Check Detailed JEMAT 2021 Exam Pattern
JEMAT 2021 Syllabus
- There is no specified syllabus for JEMAT 2021, however, it is similar to other management entrance tests.
- The most important topics that appear in the exam are as follows:
|Reading comprehension passages - poems and passages.||Algebra||Coding & decoding|
|Synonyms||Arithmetic||Find the odd one out|
|Usage of correct grammar||Geometry||Identifying weak arguments and strong arguments|
|Meaning of different words||Statistics||Identifying the next number in a series|
|Sentence structure||Modern Mathematics||Syllogism|
JEMAT 2021 Result
- JEMAT 2021 Result will be declared in the third week of June 2021
- The result will be declared as a scorecard. The steps to check JEMAT 2021 Result are given below:
- Go to the official website.
- Click on the “JEMAT 2021 Results”.
- Enter your Application Number and Password.
- View and download “JEMAT 2021 Score Card”.
- Take a printout of “JEMAT 2021 Score Card” for future reference.
The scorecard will have the following information on it:
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Registration Number
- Date of the Exam
- Sectional Score
- Overall Score
- Minimum cut off marks
- Exam qualifying status
JEMAT 2021 Counselling
- Students have to apply separately for the counselling process for each of the college.
- Students will appear for GD/PI of each college separately.
- The separate registration fee has to be paid for each college.
Candidates who score above or equal to qualifying marks in JEMAT 2021 will be called for the counselling process. They must produce the following documents at the time of reporting for JEMAT 2021 Counselling: -
- JEMAT 2021 Admit Card
- JEMAT 2021 Score Card
- 10th Mark sheet (as proof of Date of Birth)
- 12th Mark sheet
- Graduation Mark Sheet (provisional mark sheet in case candidates have appeared for qualifying examination that year)
- Call letter
- Caste/Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Demand Draft Details (photocopy of Demand Draft)
JEMAT 2021 Selection Process
- The selection process usually involves a group discussion round followed by a personal interview.
- Colleges accepting JEMAT 2021 score will conduct their own selection processes. GD-PI involves the following:
- Group Discussion: Candidates will be evaluated in the Group Discussion Exercise of their ability to apply logic and reasons. Group discussion brings out the candidates’ ability to make decisions and management skills are highlighted.
- Personal Interview: This is the most important part of the Selection Process. The candidates’ overall personality and confidence will be judged. Candidates must confidently answer questions related to his/her own academic area and work experience.
JEMAT 2021 FAQs
Ques. When will be the JEMAT 2021 conducted?
Ans. The Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology will commence the JEMAT 2021 exam in the First week of June 2021 (Tentative).
Ques. When and where will be the JEMAT 2021 application forms be available?
Ans. Candidates can apply for JEMAT 2021 in online mode only. JEMAT 2021 application form will be available from First week of May 2021 (Tentative).
Ques. Is sending hard copy of JEMAT application is necessary?
Ans. Yes, all the applicants must take a print out of the filled application and send it along with the DD and other documents to the university address.
Ques. What are the documents to be sent along with JEMAT application form?
Ans. Along with the application form and DD, candidates are required to send attested copies of 10th and 12th mark sheets, government-approved unique photo ID and other certificates as well.
Ques. What is the application fee of JEMAT 2021?
Ans. JEMAT 2021 Application fee is INR 600/- for General/OBC category candidates.
Ques. Is there any concession for reserved categories students in JEMAT application fee?
Ans. Yes, JEMAT application fee is INR 300/- for SC/ST category candidates.
Ques. How can the JEMAT application fee be paid?
Ans. Candidates can pay JEMAT 2021 application fee via Demand Draft drawn in favour of MAKAUT payable at Kolkata.
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility criteria for applying in JEMAT 2021?
Ans. Candidates must have completed Under graduation degree from any recognized University and they should have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in graduation.
Ques. I am in the final year of graduation degree; can I apply for JEMAT 2021?
Ans. Candidates in their final year of Graduation are also eligible to apply. However, they must provide the final year mark sheet at the time of admission.
Ques. When will be the JEMAT 2021 admit card released?
Ans. JEMAT 2021 Admit Card will be available in the official website from Last week of May 2021 (Tentative).
Ques. I got my name wrong on JEMAT to admit card? How can I report to the exam conducting authority?
Ans. In such case, you should immediately contact the contact number given on official website or write to the exam conducting authority to the given address: Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, BF-142, Sector- I, Salt Lake Kolkata 700064.
Ques. How can I download the JEMAT 2021 admit card?
Ans. JEMAT admit card 2021 can be downloaded from the official website. To download the admit card, applicants can application number and date of birth.
Ques. In which mode the JMEAT 2021 will be conducted?
Ans. The JEMAT will be conducted in offline or pen-paper based mode.
Ques. How many sections and questions will be asked in JEMAT 2021?
Ans. Three sections will constitute JEMAT namely English, Mathematics and Logical Reasoning. There are total of 100 MCQs from these questions.
Ques. What is the time duration of JEMAT exam?
Ans. JEMAT 2021 time duration is 2 hours.
Ques. What is the marking scheme of JEMAT 2021?
Ans. Each question is worth 1 mark, totalling the paper to 100 marks.
Ques. Is there any negative marking in JEMAT?
Ans. Yes, there is negative marking and every wrong response attracts a negative making of 0.25 marks.
Ques. When and where the JEMAT 2021 Answer Key will be released?
Ans. The University releases the official answer key of JEMAT probably in the third week of July 2021 in online mode on the official website.
Ques. How to check JEMAT 2021 Answer Key?
Ans. In order to check JEMAT 2021 Official Answer Key, candidates can click on the link that will be made available as soon as the university release the official answer key on the website.
Ques. Can I challenge the JEMAT Answer Key?
Ans. If a candidate feels that the university has given the wrong answer for any question in the official answer key of JEMAT 2021, he/she can challenge the answer key by writing to the university.
Ques. When will be the JEMAT 2021 result declared?
Ans. JEMAT 2021 Results will be declared on the official website within 1 week after the examination.
Ques. How to check the JEMAT 2021 result?
Ans. Candidates can view and download their JEMAT 2021 result and scorecard by entering their application number and password on the official website.
Ques. What is the selection process of JEMAT 2021?
Ans. Admission in management schools of West Bengal is granted on the basis of the candidate’s performance in JEMAT. The selection process includes Group Discussion and Personal Interview and then admission is granted via the counselling process.
Ques. What documents are required for JEMAT counselling process?
Ans. Candidates must bring the following documents at the time of reporting for JEMAT 2021 Counselling: - JEMAT 2021 Admit Card and Score Card, 10th/12th/Graduation Mark Sheet (provisional mark sheet in case candidates have appeared for qualifying examination), Call letter and Caste/Community Certificate (if applicable).
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.