St. Xavier’s is a Private College located in Kolkata, West Bengal. The University was established in 1860 by Catholic Minority Religious Body (A Society of Jesus). It is a 157 years old Institution that offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, PhD and various diploma and certificate courses to the students.
Know More About St. Xavier’s Application Process
St. Xavier’s Highlights
University of Calcutta
Over 1,00,000 Books
St. Xavier’s Courses and Admission
St. Xavier’s offers Specialization in Four Disciplines at the Undergraduate level, two disciplines at the postgraduate level and three disciplines at the PhD level. The University also offers B.Ed and Integrated M.Sc course to its candidates.
St. Xavier’s Undergraduate Admission
The University offers Honors specialization in B.A , B.B.A, B.Sc. and B.Com programs at the UG Level. Selection will be on the basis of Merit marks secured by the candidate in 12th or equivalent from a recognized board. For UG courses like B.Sc. in Mass Comm. , B.A. in Multimedia and B.B.A (Hons.) the candidate has to appear for an Entrance Exam.
St. Xavier’s Postgraduate Admission
St. Xavier’s offers Master’s degree in six streams. Minimum Eligibility to apply for these courses is a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University/Institute. The Admission to these courses is done on the basis of marks acquired in the entrance exam conducted by the college. Admission to the Integrated M.Sc. course will be on the basis of marks secured in 10+2 from a recognized board.
St. Xavier’s PhD Admission
The University offers PhD degree in four streams at the higher level. Admission to these courses will be on the basis of marks acquired in the Entrance Exam.
- Candidates with minimum 55% marks from a recognized University / Institute are eligible to apply for the Entrance.
- The Candidate has to appear for SET / NET/M.Phil from a known University with One-year course work or must qualify RET (Research Entrance Test) to apply for PhD Program.
- Candidates who have qualified in SET / NET Exam or have a M.Phil degree will be exempted from the exam. They can later apply through Merit with a Statement of Purpose.
St. Xavier’s B.Ed Admission
St. Xavier’s Kolkata offers B.Ed course to those candidates who have completed their Graduation / Post Graduation. Selection of the candidates will be on the basis of an Interview that will be conducted keeping in mind the Marks in UG/PG degree, academic performance and performance in the Interview.
Check Courses and Fee Structure
St. Xavier’s Placement
St. Xavier’s Scholarships
The College Offers Educational Services to students with a low income by providing generous concessions.
The Scholarships programs offered are –
- Late Rukmini Devi Goenka Scholarship
- Infar (India) Scholarship
- A.K. Agarwal Scholarship
- Late Deb Narain Chaudhuri Scholarship
- Shefali and Nishith Mukherjee Scholarship
- Arindam Chakravarty