MEASI Institute of Management MEASI MBA) was established in 1987. MEASI MBA is a standalone institution offering Master of Business Administration (MBA) and PhD in Management programs. The admission is based on the MIM Entrance Test followed by an Interview. The application mode is online.
MEASI Institute of Management Highlights
|Established In | Institute Type||1987 | Private|
|Affiliated to||Madras University, Chennai|
|Courses||MBA & Ph.D|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Based|
|Entrance exam||National: XAT/MAT/CAT
Institute: MEASI Aptitude Test
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
MEASI Institute of Management Ranking
The institute has been ranked as follows:
- Ranked 263 for MBA by India Today 2019
- Ranked 139 for MBA by The Week 2019
- Ranked 6 for MBA by The Week 2019
MEASI Institute of Management Courses
MIM offers a Full-Time MBA course in various specializations and a Ph.D course in Business Administration. Tabulated below are the details for the same:
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Specializations: Finance, Marketing, Logistics, Human Resources, Systems, and Hospital Management
Eligibility: Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any professional qualification equivalent to a degree as recognized by the University of Madras. Final year students and students who will appear for the final year UG exam. Candidates with work experience are also eligible.
Selection Criteria: Entrance Based (CAT/MAT/XAT/TANCET or MEASI Aptitude Test)
|Ph.D||Duration: 3 years
Specialization: Business Administration
Eligibility: Postgraduation in Management or related subjects from a recognized university
Selection Criteria: Written Entrance Exam followed by Personal Interview
Read More: MEASI Institute of Management Fees
MEASI Institute of Management Admission
Based on consistency in academics and cut off, MIM has its process of shortlisting candidates through the MIM Entrance Test followed by Panel Interview. Final Admission List based on the performance in above, a merit list is prepared and students get admitted
How to Apply?
- Open the official site of MIM, Chennai
- Check the admissions section on the site and if the admission form is available they open the registration form
- Fill in all the details mentioned in the way and upload the necessary documents mentioned in the form
- Pay the application form fee and follow the above selection criteria as mentioned on site.
MEASI MBA has a defined process of shortlisting with a cut off based on consistency in academics.
- Group Discussion
- MEASI MBA Entrance Test: The candidates are assessed on their English Language Capability, Cognitive ability, general aptitude, numerical and problem-solving capability.
- Panel Interview: Panelists are drawn from the institute, industry, and alumni to assess abilities, attitude and potential.
- Final Admission List: Publish merit list implementing the above process based on management quota.
MEASI Institute of Management Placements
MIM has an excellent placement record, and several companies from BFSI/ Banking, Marketing, Legal Services, IT, IT Education, KPO sectors are visiting campus for placements. Some of the deemed and reputed companies are, Godrej, ICICI Bank, TCS and many other national and multinational companies. The highest package being INR 18 LPA and the average being INR 7.5 LPA. Following are the placements statistics:
|No. of students registered for placement||70|
|No. of Students Placed||70|
|Entrepreneurship/ Pursuing Own Business||45|
|Total Number of Students||120|
Read More: MEASI Institute of Management Reviews
MEASI Institute of Management Facilities
Facilities of the college are written below:
- Hostel: Separate hostels for girls and boys are being provided with all the facilities and accommodation with a big mess in every hostel.
- Gym: For students to remain fit and healthy, the gym is also being provided.
- Library: College also has a big library with all the books as required by the students to enhance their learning process.
- Sports: All games are played in this college along with a big sports field and other sports. Moreover, various sports tournaments and sports fest's are conducted by the college authority.
- Cafeteria: Both staff and students have a canteen facility being provided with many stuff of food at a good price for the students.
- Auditorium: A big seminar hall and an Auditorium, is being provided here where various college fest are conducted and students are given lectures by the Dean of the college.
- Transportation: The college is linked with all the transport facilities including roadways, railways and airways. Most of the students prefer the local bus or taxi to reach college.
- Wi-fi: High-speed Wifi network is available in almost every corner of the college.
Read More: MEASI Institute of Management Hostel
MEASI Institute of Management Faculty
MIM has the best student-faculty ratio of 15:1 among the B-Schools in the state. Faculty members in MIM are all lecturers possessing the requisite qualification and rich domain experience and possess the required eligibility and qualification and are highly experienced as well from various domains. Faculty members additionally render their services as consultants to corporates, who seek their help in analyzing and addressing the needs and challenges faced by the industry and few faculty acts as visiting or guest faculty to other leading colleges to share their expertise with the students on various subjects.
- Director: 1
- Additional Director: 1
- Associate Professors: 4
- Assistant Professors: 12
- Librarian: 1
- Visiting Faculty: 3
- Adjunct Faculty: 1
Read More: MEASI Institute of Management Faculty
MEASI Institute of Management FAQs
Ques. Is MEASI Institute of Management a Govt. institution?
Ans. MIM is not a government college. Instead, it is a private college located in Chennai, and it was established in the year 1902. But the facility provided is far better than the government college. Moreover, the college is very old, so due to its vast alumni network, it offers very good placements to its students.
Ques. How big is the alumni network of MEASI Institute of Management?
Ans. Since it is an ancient college, it has a vast alumni network, and they help in placement and other activities of the college. We all know that the old colleges have a very good alumni network and since this college was established in 1987, it's alumni network is very big and the alumni are present in almost every corner of the world. Hence it has a very big alumni network
Ques. How is the entrance test and interview like at MEASI Institute of Management?
Ans. MIM Entrance Test is based on the performance in English Language Capability Understand Cognitive ability, general aptitude, numerical and problem-solving capability, students are shortlisted for this step. In interviews, other things like abilities, attitude and potential are judged.
Ques. What all documents are required at the time of admission at MEASI Institute of Management?
Ans. Documents required during admissions are:
- Certificates of class 10 and 10+2
- Undergraduate course certificate along with the application form
- Photograph as given in application form
- Migration certificate and TC issued from the UG institution
- Resident certificate
- Identity proof of Indian resident as such Adhar card and Pan card or other.
- Other essential documents as stated by the college
Ques. What is the MBA fee at MEASI Institute of Management?
Ans. The MBA fee is as follows:
For students admitted through management quota
For students admitted through counselling