Praxis Business School is a premier B School in Kolkata, India. The institute is ranked 2nd in Kolkata and 4th in Eastern Region by the Times of India 2020. Praxis offers a 2-year full-time Postgraduate Diploma in Management and a 1-year full-time Postgraduate Program in Data Science. Candidates can visit the official website to apply.
|Established | Institute Type||2007 | Private|
|Affiliated to||UOM, Mysore|
Institute: Praxis Aptitude Test (PAT)
|Courses Offered||Postgraduate diploma|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online | INR 1,200 & INR 600|
|Top Recruiters||TCS, Axis Bank, Deloitte, KPMG, Hindustan Unilever, Philips, IGATE, Titan|
Read More: CMAT
Praxis Business School Courses
Praxis offers Full-Time and Part-Time programs. These programs are in the fields of Management, Cyber Security, and Data Science. Details of the program are:
|PG Diploma in Management||Marketing, Finance, HR, Operations and Systems, Digital Business Management, Consumer Insights and Market Intelligence, Banking, Investment and Project Finance, Risk & Treasury Management||-Graduate degree with 50% aggregate marks.
-2 years of a postgraduate degree. -CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT/ATMA/GMAT score.
|PGP||Data Science||-60% marks in 10th, 12th, and Graduation.
-Graduation in the fields of BE/BTech/ME/MTech/MBA/ PGDM/BA/MA – With Economics, Econometrics, Statistics & Mathematics/BSc/MSc – With Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects/Any other Graduate with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects.
|PGP||Cyber Security||3/4 year graduate degree in Engineering, Science or any other stream.||9 months|
|PGP||Data Engineering||B.Tech, B. Sc/M. Sc Computer Science/IT, BCA or MCA with knowledge of Computer Systems||6 months|
Read More: Praxis Business School Courses & Fees
Praxis Business School Admissions
Praxis Business School admits students after all the processes are complete. The selection process of Praxis includes merits, entrance exam scores, and other various steps. This procedure is explained in the bullets below:
- Candidates first need to register on the official website or they may also fill the application form offline.
- The amount of application form is INR 1200 for general category students and INR 600 for SC/ST/OBC.
- Once the application form is done, students are asked to appear in the aptitude test conducted by the Praxis.
- In the end, the selection of candidates for admission is done on the basis of merits, aptitude test, CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT/GRE.
- Shortlisted candidates are invited for essay writing, psychometric test, and personal interview.
After all the formalities, candidates are given admission if they qualify for all the rounds.
Read More: Praxis Business School Admissions
Praxis Business School Cut Off
Praxis entrance exam cut off for admission is tabulated below:
Read More: Praxis Business School Cut Off
Praxis Business School Placements
Praxites are employed in various sectors through campus placements. The recruiting companies of Praxis are Nielsen, Tata Steel BSL, ICICI Bank, L&T Finance, Marico, HDFC Bank, Induslnd Bank, etc. The average package is INR 7.02 LPA and the highest package is INR 10.5 LPA. The highest stipend was recorded at INR 40,000 per month and the average stipend was recorded at INR 16,000 per month. 50% of the students got recruited in the BFSI sector, 20% of students recruited in the sector of Market Research, 20% and 10% of the students recruited in the sectors of ITES & Services and FMCG respectively.
The following table shows the percentage of students placed under different profiles:
Read More: Praxis Business School Placement
Praxis Business School Scholarship
Praxis offers two scholarships to students:
- Director’s Merit List
- Praxis Business School Foundation scholarship
Details of the above scholarship are given below:
- Director’s Merit list scholarships
- Eligibility: 80% marks in 10th and 12th, and 70% marks in graduation + No year gap or backlog during the academic year + a minimum of 80 percentile CAT/ XAT or 85 percentile in CMAT or 90 percentile and above in MAT/ATMA + Be in the top 25% of the class and maintain a minimum CQPI of 5.2 out of 8 in each trimester and Should actively participate in Extra & Co-Curricular activities held.
- Amount: INR 2,00,000 in four installments.
- Praxis Business School Scholarship
- Eligibility: 70% marks in 10th and 12th, 60% marks in Graduation + No year gap or backlog during the academic year + should maintain a minimum CQPI of 4.5 out of 8 in each trimester + Actively participate in Extra & Co-Curricular activities held + minimum of 70 percentile CAT/ XAT or 75 percentile in CMAT or 80 percentile and above in MAT/ATMA.
- Amount: INR 3,00,000 in four installments.
Praxis Business School Faculty
Praxis Business School has a diverse faculty of highly qualified and accomplished individuals. They are the most distinguished scholars, who constantly do research in their respective fields. The institute has a total of 56 faculty members of Ph.D. and Master degree holders. The faculty comprises
- 12 Regular Faculty Members
- 16 Visiting Faculty
Read More: Praxis Business Schoo Faculty
Praxis Business School FAQs
Ques. How is Praxis Business School ranking wise?
Ans. Praxis business school is ranked 2nd in Kolkata, 4th in the eastern region and is overall ranked 25th by the Times of India in 2020.
Ques. What are the courses offered by Praxis Business School?
Ans. Praxis Business School offers full-time and part-time programs in the fields of Management, Cyber Security and Data Science.
Ques. What is the admission procedure for Praxis Business school?
Ans. The admission procedure includes merits and entrance exams. After completing the registration form the students have to clear an entrance test conducted by the college. In the end, the admission of students is done on the basis of merits, aptitude test, CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT/GRE. The shortlisted students are also invited for essay writing, psychometric test and personal interviews.
Ques. Which companies come to Praxis for recruitment/placement?
Ans. The recruiting companies of Praxis are TATA Consultancy Services, Axis Bank, HSBC, HDFC Bank, Outlook Group, KPMG, Deloitte, Hindustan Unilever, Philips, Titan, etc.
Ques. Does Praxis provide hostel facilities?
Ans. Yes Praxis provides hostel facilities to its students. The hostel fee is 50,000 per year.
Ques. Is there a way to communicate with the aluminas of Praxis?
Ans. Yes the official website of Praxis has a separate section called student corner which has a sub-column called almaconnect which has a list of aluminas from Praxis. It also has links to their Linkedin, emails along with employment opportunities.