NIIS Institute of Business Administration, Bhubaneswar, was established in the year 2000 in the state of Orissa. It is affiliated with Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Rourkela, Orissa. The institute provides MBA and MCA courses, the admission to which is offered on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the OJEE, MAT, CAT, XAT, ATMA, CMAT examination. Specializations offered in MBA programs include Finance, Information Technology, Marketing, Operations Management, Human Resource Management. Candidates can apply online for admission through the official website.
NIIS Institute of Business Administration Highlights
NIIS Institute of Business Administration Courses
The course details and eligibility for the same provided by the college are as follows:
|MBA||Course Type: PG
Streams: Finance, Information Technology, Marketing, Operations Management, Human Resource Management
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Must have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized board.
Selection Criteria: OJEE/ CAT/ MAT/ ATMA/ CMAT/ XAT
|MCA||Course Type: PG
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Must have completed graduation in a relevant stream from a recognized board.
Selection Criteria: OJEE
NIIS Institute of Business Administration Admission
- Admission to its MBA course is based on the candidates performance in either OJEE/ CAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ XAT examination.
- Admission to its MCA course is based on the candidate's performance in the OJEE examination.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official website of the institute
- Click on the pop up “Apply Now” and fill in the details
- You will get an email from the college regarding the further application procedure.
NIIS Institute of Business Administration Placements
- The institute provides industrial training and study tours to students to give them an introduction into the corporate/ company atmosphere where they can learn how the process of business is done.
- It also provides summer internships to students to have a small orientation about what is waiting for them after the course completion.
- The institute brings some of the big names in the corporate world such as:
|Essar Group||Indian Express||Axis Bank|
|ITC Foods||Magma Leasing||Vedanta|
NIIS Institute of Business Administration Facilities
The college is known for its good and well-equipped facilities which are:
- Well-equipped classrooms with projectors and whiteboards and all the latest technology to make the teaching smart.
- Auditoriums: Well-structured buildings that can host big college programs like annual days, fest and other college celebrations, tech talks, cultural and academic events.
- Computer centers: Hi-tech computer labs available in the limited college hours to help students academically.
- Seminar halls and conference halls are also available on the campus for any academic, tech talks, etc.
- Library: All the necessary sources clubbed into one well-equipped library enabling students to access an unlimited amount of knowledge from the best authors in the line of study.
- Soft Skills Training: programs like anger management, goal setting, SWOT analysis, English speaking, time management, presentation skills, etc. to prepare the students better for the corporate world.
- Full Wi-Fi campus: Well and truly connected with the outer world through fast and 24*7 Wi-Fi connections to make students avail of all the necessary academic contents.
- Transportations: Well-connected and convenient transport facilities for students living nearby at a very affordable price.
- Sports and games: To balance the hectic and stressful lives of students and to engage them in extracurricular activities, the college has all the necessary sports and games equipment and facilities.
- Canteen/ Mess: Spacious and well-capacitated canteen/mess for students, which provides delightful food and minimal price.
- Hostels: Newly built hostels for both boys and girls with spacious and fully furnished rooms.
NIIS Institute of Business Administration Faculty
NIIS, Bhubaneswar has a good mix of experience and knowledge when it comes to its faculties and staff. It has the best teams to prepare the strong, broad-minded, business managers which have 14 faculties in the MBA department with 1 deputy director, 5 associate professors, and 8 assistant professors. Whereas the MCA department has 13 faculties which have 1 dean of the department, a joint registrar, and an associate professor with10 assistant professors.
NIIS Institute of Business Administration FAQs
Ques. What are the documents required to be submitted at the time of admission in NIIS Institute of Business Administration ?
Ans. Candidates should keep the following documents handy at the time of admission:
- UG Marks card
- Recent passport size photographs
- Entrance Scorecard
- ID Proof (Aadhar/Pan Card/Birth Certificate/Driving License)
- Transfer/Migration Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
Ques. What is the exam pattern of the CAT/ MAT/ XAT examination?
Ans. The MBA entrance examinations mainly consists of:
- General English/Verbal Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Quantitative Ability
- Decision Making (Only for XAT)
The paper would consist of MCQ based questions, which the candidate needs to answer within the stipulated time.
Ques. Does NIIS Institute of Business Administration provide scholarship opportunities to the students?
Ans. Yes, the institute offers scholarship opportunities to the students. The scholarships are awarded based upon various criteria, such as academic merit, diversity and inclusion, athletic skill, financial need, among others, or some combination of criteria. Scholarship criteria usually reflect the values and goals of the donor or founder of the award.
Ques. What is the Cut off in the OJEE examination for getting into NIIS Institute of Business Administration?
Ans. The cut off in OJEE examination for getting into the MCA course of the institute is around 155 for the general category students. For getting into the MBA course a student needs to score around 908 in the OJEE examination.
Ques. What is scope after doing an MCA degree?
Ans. After doing an MCA students can get various job opportunities in a wide variety of job profiles, such as:
- Software Developer
- Cloud Architect
- Technical Writer
- Database Engineer
- Business Analyst
- Web Designer
Students can also pursue higher studies by pursuing a PhD degree and can start their career in the field of teaching.