Advanced Diploma in French is a graduation level Diploma program in French language that acts as a follow-up program to Diploma in French (or its equivalent program). It is a one-year course and the eligibility to apply for the program is 10+2/Diploma.
Read More: French Courses
The aim of Advanced Diploma in French is to further strengthen and develop the already acquired language, communication skills and knowledge. The course teaches subjects such as advanced use of French language, translation, oral and writing skills.
The fee for the course varies from INR 15,000 to 70,000 across various colleges and institutes across the country that are offering this course. The variation in the fee is based on the location and type of university, i.e., whether it is private/deemed or government.
Know More: Top French Language Colleges in India
Advanced Diploma in French language certified students can look for the variety of options in terms of their career. One can opt for a career in domain/with firms such as Linguistic centers, Cultural agencies, Embassies, Translation, Business Process Outsourcing, MNCs etc.
Advanced Diploma in French: Course Highlights
|Course Level||Diploma/ Certification|
|Duration of the course||1 year|
|Examination type||Semester/ Final exams at the end of the year|
|Eligibility||10+2/ Diploma or equivalent level pass out students with at least 50% (relaxation for reserved category students) from any recognized board or university|
|Admission Process||Merit based plus assessment/ entrance test|
|Course Fee||Between INR 15,000 and 70,000|
|Job Positions||Linguistic Tester, Documentation Specialist, Language Expert, Assistant in the Embassy, Translator, Foreign Service Officer, BPO Assistant, Editor, French Teacher, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Linguistic Centers, Cultural Agencies, Embassies, Translation, Business Processing Outsourcing, MNCs, etc.|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 LPA|
Advanced Diploma in French: Admission Process
The admissions for Advanced Diploma in French are done mostly on a merit-based criterion of selection. Though few colleges or institutes choose to conduct an Entrance Exam based admission.
- Candidates seeking admission into Advanced Diploma in French are required to undergo a basic efficiency test for the purpose of assessment of their basic knowledge in the language.
- A merit list of the candidates selected is prepared and released as per the availability of seats in the institution. Selected candidates are invited for the admission process by the respective institute or college.
- After the final allotment of seats, the candidates are required to deposit the demanded fee for the course and register for the respective academic year.
Candidates are advised to go through all the important details and instructions regarding the admission provided by the college or institute, they seek admission into, on their website or any other means of contact available.
Also Checkout: Certificate in French
Advanced Diploma in French: Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must fulfill the following criteria in order to take admission into Advanced Diploma in French:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2/ Diploma or its equivalent level examination with at least 50% marks (relaxation for reserved category students) from a recognized board or university.
- They should not be having any backlogs in any of the subjects at 10+2/ Diploma or equivalent level that is yet to be cleared at the time of admission.
- Various colleges or institutes may have their own additional requirements of eligibility which the students have to fulfil to seek admission in the course.
- The reserved category students would have to present their caste certificates issued by the concerned authorities as proof in order to avail their benefits of relaxation while taking admission.
The above mentioned criteria of eligibility is mostly common to most of the institutes or universities offering Advanced Diploma in French throughout the country. It is advised that the candidate must go through all the necessary details and instructions.
Advanced Diploma in French: Tips to get a Good College
It is very important to get admission in a good college to shape and give your career a desirable direction. A candidate interested in Advanced Diploma in French should keep the following points in mind while choosing a college to pursue the course:
- Interested candidates have to secure a good score in the entrance/ assessment test in order to increase their probability of selection.
- Candidates should also have a good score in their 10+2/ Diploma or equivalent level examination to up their chances of selection.
- Make sure that the college you are seeking has a good and qualified faculty/ teachers and staff for your course to assist you in your course
- Make sure that the college you are taking admission in has sufficient infrastructure and facilities to provide you during your course.
- The college you take admission should also have a good Placement Cell or placement assistance to help students get good offers and opportunities for their career in the field.
Advanced Diploma in French: What is it about?
- Advanced Diploma in French is a one-year follow up program to Diploma or its equivalent level program.
- This course aims to strengthen and further develop the already acquired language and communication skills and knowledge in the previously done diploma or its equivalent.
- Advanced Diploma in French language is structurally constructed to accustom the operation and usage related needs of the language in academic and learning context.
- Students pursuing the course learn the usability of the language in terms of reading, writing, and speaking by basing them on the basic acquired knowledge of the language that they possess.
- Students are taught about the expressive elements related to the practical usage of the language in terms of speaking and vocabulary and grammatical aspects in terms of reading and writing during the duration of their course.
Advanced Diploma in French: Top Colleges
|College Name||Average Fee|
|Bharati College||INR 18,000|
|Department of Germanic and Romance Studies, University of Delhi||INR 12,000|
|English and Foreign Language University||INR 11,000|
|Guru Nanak Dev University||INR 15,000|
|Himachal Pradesh University||INR 7,750|
|Jamia Millia Islamia||INR 9,550|
|Karnataka University||INR 4,712|
|Osmania University||INR 8,905|
|Panjab University||INR 7,800|
Advanced Diploma in French: College Comparison
|Parameters||Department of Germanic and Romance Studies, University of Delhi||English and Foreign Languages University, Shillong|
|Location||Faculty of Arts University of Delhi, Delhi||Shillong, Meghalaya|
|University Type||Public University (Govt)||Public University (Govt)|
|Overview||The Department of Germanic and Romance Studies was established in 1948. The Department came into existence in 1988 when the original department was divided into two separate departments under DU.||EFLU was established in Shillong in 1973 as the Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages (CIEFL) North-East Campus.|
|Eligibility||10+2/ Diploma or equivalent level.||Matriculation and Diploma course for Advanced Diploma level|
|Admission Process||Merit Based||Entrance Based|
|Average Fees||INR 12,000||INR 12,000|
|Average Salary||INR 3 LPA||INR 2.5 LPA|
Advanced Diploma in French: Course Advantages
- Advanced Diploma courses in French have job opportunities in executive, public relations, translation, interpretation, secretarial, teaching fields etc.
- Candidates who have completed their Advanced Diploma course in French can opt for a teaching career in French institutes and academics in the country or abroad as well.
- They can also be employed in industries, MNCs, publishing houses, research and government organizations as translators such as in embassies, etc.
- Candidates also have opportunities as a language specialist in travel and tourism, hotel industry, airlines, export agencies, radio stations, exhibitions and fairs, trade organizations, etc.
- The average fee to pursue Advanced Diploma courses in French is INR 30,000 to INR 2 Lakh. Whereas, average salary packages range from INR 2 LPA to INR 4 LPA.
Advanced Diploma in French: Course Comparison
Below given is a course comparison between Advanced Diploma courses in French and Diploma in Spanish on the basis of a few parameters that will help the students to select their desired subjects.
Also Checkout: Top Colleges offering Diploma in Spanish
|Parameters||Advanced Diploma in French||Diploma in Spanish|
|Course Level||Diploma/ Certification||Diploma|
|Duration||1 year||1 month to 2 years|
|Course Overview||This course aims to build knowledge and skills in writing, reading, speaking French and to develop the intercultural competence of the learners.||This course is designed to produce professionals proficient in the Spanish language so that it will decrease the scarcity of professionals in this field.|
|Exam Type||Semester/ Final exams at the end of the year||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2/ diploma or equivalent pass out students with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate from any recognized board or university.||10+2 or equivalent|
|Admission Process||Merit based along with language efficiency test||Merit Based/ Entrance Test + Personal Interview|
|Course Fee||Between INR 15,000 and 70,000||INR 1,500 to INR 10,500|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 12,000 to 18,000||INR 20,000 to INR 4,00,000|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Linguistic centers, Cultural Agencies, Embassies, Translation, Business Process Outsourcing, MNCs, etc.||Tourism, Embassies, Diplomatic Service, International Organizations, Publishing, United Nations Organization, Food and Agricultural Organization, Ministry of External Affairs, Reserve Bank of India etc.|
|Job Positions||Linguistic tester, Documentation specialist, Language expert, Assistant in the embassy, Translator, Foreign service officer, BPO assistant, Editor etc.||Online Content Writer, Language Translator, News Reader, Technical Translators or Decoders etc.|
Advanced Diploma in French: Syllabus
The course is divided into various aspects of the language that are taught during the one-year duration of the course. The syllabus of the course is designed in a manner so as to teach the advanced aspects of the language to the students in a gradual manner.
|Subjects of Study|
|Advanced use of French Language|
|Translation from French|
|Simulation of Contexts|
|Introduction to Literature|
|Expressionism of the Language|
|Drama and Fiction|
Advanced Diploma in French: Recommended Books
|Le Nouveau Sans Frontières Volume 3||Girardet|
|Panorama francophone 1 Coursebook:||Dani le Bourdais and Sue Finnie|
|A-Z for French B: Essential Vocabulary||Dani le Bourdais|
|French B: IB Skills and Practice||Ann Abrioux, Nathalie Fayaud|
Advanced Diploma in French: Job Profiles and Career Prospects
Advanced Diploma in French enables candidates to pursue a career in French education and other related jobs. Candidates who have completed their Advanced Diploma course in French can be employed in industries, publishing houses, research and government organisations as translators such as in embassies, etc.
Below given are the top job profiles for the Advanced Diploma in French graduates.
|Job Profile||Average Annual Salary|
|Linguistic Tester||INR 2.94 - 3.16 Lacs|
|Documentation Specialist||INR 3.2 - 3.8 Lacs|
|Editor||INR 2.8 - 2.92 Lacs|
|Translator||INR 2.5 - 2.65 Lacs|
|Foreign Service Officer||INR 7.84-8.26 Lacs|
Advanced Diploma in French: Future Scope
Advanced Diploma in French: FAQs
Ques. What are the top colleges to pursue Advanced Diploma in French from?
Ans. Department of Germanic and Romance Studies, University of Delhi is one of the best institutes to pursue Advanced Diploma in French from; Bharati College is known to be the best amongst all its colleges. Besides that, Daulat Ram College, Hans Raj College, St. Stephens College, Miranda House, are its top colleges.
Ques. What are the selection criteria to get admission in Advanced Diploma in French?
Ans. The admissions for Advanced Diploma in French are done mostly on a merit-based criterion of selection. Though few colleges or institutes choose to conduct an Entrance Exam based admission.
Ques. What are the job opportunities after pursuing Advanced Diploma in French?
Ans. Advanced Diploma in French language offers a variety of interesting career options to its candidates. A candidate taking the course and seeking a career in the field can choose a career as a:
- French Linguistic Tester
- French Teacher
- French Translator
- Bilingual (Risk Management) Analyst
- Documentation Specialist
- Fluent French Customer Service Representative
- French Language Expert
- Assistant in Embassies
- BPO Assistant
Ques. Would I regret doing an Advanced Diploma in French?
Ans. The only reason why someone would regret doing Advanced Diploma in French is if they do not have an interest in the field. One should have an interest in French language first of all, and they should have an interest in either translating, learning multiple languages, teaching, travel and tourism, etc. The course Advanced Diploma in French has a lot of scope for students who have excellent communication skills and fluency.
Ques. What is the benefit of doing Advanced Diploma in French over Diploma in French?
Ans. The aim of Advanced Diploma in French is to further strengthen and develop the already acquired language, communication skills and knowledge through Diploma and to train the students to make use of the language for the specific required purposes such as tourism, commerce, business relations, informatics, industries, health sector, etc.
Ques. What are the employment areas after doing advanced Diploma in French?
Ans. Following are the various employment areas for candidates who have completed Advanced Diploma in French:
- Linguistic Centers
- Translation Offices
- Publishing House
- French Embassies
- Foreign Language Institutes for French
- Cultural Agencies