The Advanced Diploma in German is a vocational proficiency certificate course in German language for a duration of 1 year. The admission process in Advanced Diploma in German is done based on the percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in the undergraduate or equivalent examination along with the basic proficiency analysis test in the language.
Students must secure about 50% marks in the previous qualifying examination. The reserved category has other specific eligibility criteria. The course fee for Advanced Diploma in German varies from INR 10,000 and INR 50,000. Although the course fee may vary depending on the university.
After a student passes out with an Advanced Diploma in German then he can expect an average salary of INR 2,00,000 - INR 7,00,000 lacs from various companies. Completing this German Course one can expect placement in India and also abroad.
There are various government and non-government organizations that offer this course. The average course fees for this course range from INR 10,000 to INR 50,000 at various colleges and institutes across the country.
Advanced Diploma In German: Course Highlights
Highlights of the Advanced Diploma In German Program are provided in the table below;
|Course Level||Diploma / Certification|
|Duration Of The Course||1 year|
|Examination Type||Semester/final exams at the end of year.|
|Eligibility||Graduation or relevant pass out candidates with a minimum of 50% in UG or relevant examination from any recognized university.|
|Admission Process||Merit-based along with the language efficiency test.|
|Course Fee||Between INR 10,000 to INR 50,000|
|Average Starting Salary||Between INR 15,000 to INR 20,000|
|Top recruiting areas||Teaching, Translation, Multinational ventures, Language instructor, embassy etc.|
|Job Positions||Tutor, Language expert, Foreign Service officer, BPO assistant, Editor etc.|
Advanced Diploma In German: Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates must have graduated from a recognized university with at least 50% marks (comfort for reserved class students) and pass the relevant examination.
- The applicants will not keep any backlog on any subject / subject at the undergraduate or equivalent level which was not cleared at the time of admission.
- In addition to the qualification criteria mentioned, different colleges / institutes may have their own additional criteria which students must be convinced for admission.
- In order to avail the benefits applicable to the students of the reserved department, they have to present the reservation certificates issued by their appropriate authority.
The above revealed eligibility criteria are common in most of the universities and colleges in the country offering this course to the students.
Advanced Diploma In German: Admission Process
Advanced Diploma in German language is mostly selected on the basis of eligibility criteria for selection for admission on the basis of merit and entrance test of few selected colleges. Here we have presented the admission process for the entrance exam based admission.
- Registration : Registration dates were declared a few days ago by the institute. Candidates need to create an account with basic details like email-id, phone number,password etc.
- Fill up details : Carefully fill out the application form with all the necessary details. All details are accurately and correctly filled by the candidates.
- Submit the documents : After filling up the form, the candidates must scan and upload the required documents as directed by the institute. Documents need to be uploaded in a definitive format specifically by the institute's application portal.
- Application Fee : Candidates are asked to submit fees for the course and register for the corresponding academic year. All payments can be made through online mode.
- Download the admit card : Admit cards are published when all applicants are judged for eligibility. Candidates must download and print out the admit cards for their future reference.
- Examination : Candidates need to have a basic proficiency test to assess their basic knowledge of the language. The aspirants have to attend the exam on the announced date.
- Results : Merit list of candidates has been prepared (among the total candidates who applied and passed the language proficiency test). After the candidates have been invited for the admission process by the concerned institute or college.
- Counselling and Admissions : Counseling is held for those who have cleared the entrance exams. After the students can take admission in the Advanced Diploma In German course.
Advanced Diploma In German Admission Process: Merit-based
Mostly Advanced Diploma In the German Language are selected on the basis of merit. When applying to the course you need to follow the steps described below:
- Candidates have to go to the official website of the institute or the admission office of the institute for the Advanced Diploma In German admission application form.
- The applicants have to fill the application form as directed by the institute. The careful candidates upload the important documents as conducted in the prescriptive dimensions.
- After processing the applications, the final selection is based on a few points of GD and PI .
The Advanced Diploma In German Entrance Examinations
There are some entrance-exams that are held by the institute to appear for the admission into the Advanced Diploma In German.
Listed below is the some of Advanced Diploma In German entrance examination :
- B2 examination : This examination is conducted by the Punjab University, course of Goethe Institute, Max Muller Bhavan. Students who pass the minimum level of the Goethe Institute /Max Muller Bhavan building will be admitted to the Advanced Diploma Course in Germany. (5% relaxable for the SC/ST/OBC candidates).
Advanced Diploma In German : Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
If you are choosing any university which requires an entrance exam then you will have to prepare yourself very well. Here, we have provided you with some of the very important preparation tips for Advanced Diploma In German admission.
- The aspirants have to make a schedule for the study. This will make sure that the whole syllabus is covered at least once.
- Clear the Basics and the basics will form the basis for more advanced chapters later. An understanding of the basics will be useful.
- While studying, practice to understand and strengthen your conceptual knowledge. The candidates have to take the mock test and pursue the sample papers as much as possible.
- Time management is an important part of your study plan. Candidates have to allocate time separately for some difficult topics.
- It is important to remember what you learned. Therefore, revision is a mandatory step that the candidates should be included in the preparation plan.
How to get admission in an Advanced Diploma In German colleges?
To secure admission to the top Advanced Diploma In German College, a number of factors are effective. The following tips will be helpful in this case.
- Be aware of the types of problems and levels of questions asked in various entrance exams. Some papers are relatively easy to try compared to others. This will help in better preparation.
- Be aware of all dates and deadlines. Exam application date, exam date etc. are changed and advertisements are given in all major newspapers. It is important to keep a record of any such news.
- The candidates have to keep up-to-date news and topics on a regular basis to help the students for better exam preparation counselling rounds.
Advanced Diploma in German Fee Structure in India
The fee structure for the public colleges and private colleges are different. This fee structure is shown below through the graph.
Top Advanced Diploma In German Institutes
Here, we have enlisted the best of the institutes that offer Advanced Diploma in German. You can also check the course fees varying in different institutes.
|College Name||Average Course Fees|
|Osmania University, Hyderabad||INR 2,850|
|Panjab University, Chandigarh||INR 8,000|
|Bharati College, Delhi||INR 18,500|
|University of Mumbai, Mumbai||INR 26,750|
|IEC University, Solan||INR 19,550|
|Hans Raj College, Delhi||INR 12,712|
|Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune||INR 5, 905|
|University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram||INR 11,100|
|Daulat Ram College, Delhi||INR 10,600|
|Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra||INR 4,963|
Advanced Diploma in German: What is it About?
Advanced Diploma in German is a diploma level German language course. German is a West Germanic language related to English and Dutch and is classified.
German is a modern language with worldwide use and acknowledgement and is found in regions outside of Germany, namely Belgium and Liechtenstein. This vocabulary forms Indo-European languages like Germanic as well as Latin and Greek. Thus, in this sense, the language is seen as a combination of different elements and is seen as a spoken hybrid of different languages in this region.
The course focuses on providing students with an in-depth understanding and summary of the language to the candidates. German language certified students can look for a variety of options in their career with the Advanced Diploma.
Advanced Diploma in German seeks to introduce students to the beauty and charm of the language. During the course of their Advanced Diploma In German, students are taught to read and write the language and vocabulary and the grammatical expressive elements related to the practical use of the language. The main goal of the course is to enhance the learning experience, so that the student of the course can be equated with the local speaker of the language.
Why Study Advanced Diploma in German?
The goal of obtaining an Advanced Diploma In German course depends on the aspirations and goals of each individual.
- Reputed Profession: Those who aim for a career as a foreign language specialist and a reputed profession as a foreign service officer can choose this course. This course is suitable for those who are interested in German language and related fields.
- Pay Scale: The work of an advanced diploma in german candidates involves as a Tutor, language expert, German language consultant etc. Given the scale of work, the salary is also on the higher side.
- Career Opportunities: One can go for a higher degree program in the relevant subject, i.e. master's degree. There is no limit to the educational programs that anyone can choose.
- Upon completion of this program, students will be able to get handsome salary packages ranging from INR 2,48,000 to INR 6,84,000 depending on the skill of the candidate in the field.
Advance Diploma In German VS Diploma In German
The course comparison between Advanced Diploma In German vs Diploma In German is as follows :
|Parameters||Advanced Diploma In German||Diploma In German|
|Duration||1 year||1 year (6 months in certain cases)|
|Focus Area||The course emphasizes the need for students to have a deeper understanding of the language and abstracts.||The aim of the course is to provide a basic platform for students to better understand and express the language.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based along with language efficiency tests.||Merit-based (Entrance exam in select few institutes).|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduation or relevant successful students with a minimum of 50% in UG or equivalent exams from any recognized institutes.||10+2 pass out students with at least 50% or relevant exams from any recognized institutes.|
|Average Course Fee||Between INR 10,000 to INR 50,000||Between INR 15,000 to INR 70,000|
|Average Starting Salary||Between INR 15,000 to INR 20,000||Between INR 14,000 to INR 18,000|
|Job Options||Tutor, Language Expert, Translator, Assistant in the embassy etc.||Foreign service officer, BPO executive, Sales executive, Translator etc.|
|Areas Of Employment||Teaching, Business process outsourcing, Language Instructor etc.||Content Development, Embassy level work, language expertise etc.|
Advanced Diploma In German Vs Diploma In German: Comparison of Average Course Fees
Advanced Diploma In German VS Diploma In German: Comparison Between Average Annual Salary
Advanced Diploma In German: College Comparison
The table below illustrates the comparisons made between the three top Advanced Diploma In German Colleges in India.
|Parameters||Panjab University||Karnataka University||Kurukshetra University|
|Objective||It is a state university. It was founded in 1882. This college offers UG,PG and Diploma courses.||It is a state university. It was established in 1950. This college offers PG, Certification and Diploma courses.||It is a state university. It was founded in 1956. This college offers a large number of UG,PG, Management, Engineering and Diploma programs.|
|Location||Chandigarh||Dharwad, Karnataka||Kurukshetra, Haryana|
|NIRF ranking 2020||44||92||151|
|Annual Course Fees||INR 9,480||INR 4,640||INR 5,898|
Punjab University vs Karnataka University vs Kurukshetra University: Fees Comparison
Advanced Diploma In German: Syllabus and Course Description
The language that is taught during the course of one year is divided into different aspects of the language. The syllabus of the course is designed in such a way that the students can be taught the basics of the language gradually. Syllabus details are provided below for your reference.
|Subjects Of Study|
|Study of German Authors|
|Applied linguistic Translation|
|Introduction to literary criticism|
|Expressionism of the language|
|Drama and Fiction in German|
Which Books Can I Refer to While Pursuing Advanced Diploma In German?
The table below lists some books on Advanced Diploma In German subjects that can help students understand the course more broadly and better:
|Name Of The Book||Author|
|The Everything Learning German Book||Ed Swick|
|Living German||Ed Swick|
|German Made Simple: Learn to speak and understand German quickly and easily||Eugene Jackson and Adolph Gelger|
|Hammer’s German Grammar and Usage||Professor Martin Durrell|
Advanced Diploma In German: Who Should Opt For?
Students who really like learning about new languages must opt for this course. If you have the eligibility and wish to apply for this course then you can but to continue, you must have interest in this subject.
- Students who have graduated in German may opt for the Advanced Diploma In German course.
- The aspirants are looking for employment related opportunities in Germany, they can choose this Advanced Diploma In German course.
- Those looking for a career as a Foreign Service Officer can choose this Advanced Diploma In German course.
- Those who are aiming for a career as a foreign language specialist can choose Advanced Diploma In German course.
Advanced Diploma In German: Career Options and Job Prospects
The German language student has a lot of options to choose from in terms of his career in the Advanced Diploma In German. After completing the course the candidate can choose to work as a tutor, language specialist, embassy assistant, translator, foreign service officer, BPO assistant, editor, etc.
We have, of course, linked the same language with specific regions and related language bases to provide an overall view of the career possibilities of the course where German language diploma candidates can look in terms of their careers.
|Job Profile||Average Salary For Freshers per year|
|Tutor||INR 2,54,000 to INR 2,68,000 lacs|
|Assistant in Embassy||INR 5,80,000 to INR 6,80,000 lacs|
|Foreign Service Officer||INR 6,84,000 to INR 7,26,000 lacs|
|Service Executive||INR 1,67,000 to INR 1,72,000 lacs|
|Translator||INR 2,32,000 to INR 2,44,000 lacs|
Advanced Diploma in German Comparison Between Average Salary for Fresher’s VS Job Profiles
Future Scope of Advanced Diploma In German courses:
The future scope of Advanced Diploma In German are given below :
- This degree course enables students to go for various German language and teaching related work.
- One can go for a higher degree program in the relevant subject, i.e. master's degree.
- Applicants can go to a local country and abroad for a job at the German embassy.
Advanced Diploma In German FAQs
Ques: How is the Advanced Diploma In German course suitable for the examinees?
Ans: This language is suitable for those who are interested in the German language and related areas. It helps those who are interested in teaching to a higher degree.
Ques: Are there any entrance exams for admission in Advanced Diploma In German course?
Ans: Admission numbers for this course may vary from university to university. It conducts entrance examinations and interviews for admission of students in various colleges and universities namely Punjab University conducts B2 examination.
Ques: What is the admission procedure for admission in the Advanced Diploma In German Program?
Ans: Most of the students admit the students based on the merit-basis whereas few colleges conduct their own entrance-exams. Candidates are suggested to check the college website to know about the admission process of the particular college.
Ques: What is the average fee for an Advanced Diploma In German program in Indian colleges / universities?
Ans: The annual fees are different for the public colleges and private colleges. The annual fee for the public colleges ranges from INR 2,000 to INR 9,500. The annual fee for the private ranges from INR 9,000 to INR 16,000. The course fees depend on the colleges / universities seeking admission in any of them.
Ques: What are the top recruitment fields that candidates can choose for their careers?
Ans: The choice of company for internships largely depends on the sector you want to join after completing your course. The top recruiting areas are Teaching, Translation, Business process outsourcing, Language Departments, Translation offices, Educational Institutes, German Embassy etc.
Ques: What is the course duration of Advanced Diploma In German colleges?
Ans: The course duration of this Advanced Diploma In German is 1 years. It is a diploma level german language course.
Ques: What is the freshers’ salary for the Advanced Diploma In German students?
Ans: The salary of a Advanced Diploma In German students is around INR 15,000 to INR 20,000. The course is career based in nature which provides many career options in different fields. The Average salary in India ranges from INR 6.84 - 7.26 lacs.
Ques: What are the different jobs after completing the Advanced Diploma In German?
Ans: Advanced Diploma In German applicants can do jobs like Tutor, Assistant in Embassy, Foreign service Officer, German Language Expert, German language Specialist, Human Resources Generalist, and Service executive etc.
Ques: What are the Advanced Diploma In German course subjects?
Ans: Advanced Diploma In German language course covers the areas regarding German literature: society, poetry, prose, drama, novels, grammar, etc.
Ques: What are the educational qualifications required for admission in Advanced Diploma In German course?
Ans: For admission to the Advanced Diploma In German course, candidates must have passed graduation or an equivalent examination with reasonable marks. Students should have interpersonal and good communication skills for the course.