D0iploma in Child Health is a 3 years full time undergraduate course, the minimum eligibility for which is a Higher Secondary Certificate (10+2) qualification from any recognized university. The program is spread over 6 semesters, with the final semester based on the candidate’s chosen stream of study.
Know More About Paramedical Courses
The duration of Postgraduate Diploma in Child Health is a 1 year or 2 year full time Postgraduate course depends upon specific institute, the minimum eligibility for which is MBBS degree from any recognized university. The program is spread over 2 or 4 semesters.
Top institutes for Diploma in Child Health are:
- Coimbatore Medical College, Coimbatore,
- GSVM Medial College, Kanpur,
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Maharani Laxmi Bai Medical College, Jhansi.
Admission to the Undergraduate course is based on the candidate’s performance in a relevant entrance test, direct admission based on 12th marks and subsequent round of counselling. Admission to the Postgraduate course is based on the marks obtained in MBBS Degree and subsequent round of counselling.
These are the certain colleges which provide direct admission:
- AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre – Mangalore Karnataka,
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur Trust Karnataka,
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College – Bangalore Trust Karnataka.
Such Diploma holders are hired in capacities such as Associate Professor, Nutrition Specialist, Nutrition Coordinator, Sports Nutritionist, and Personal Physician.
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 6,000- 128,800 for a span of 1,2 or 3 years, and the average annual salary offered to such professionals ranges between INR 2-6 Lacs, increasing with experience and expertise.
Diploma in Child Health: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Duration||3 years for Undergraduate 1 or 2 years for Postgraduate|
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||HSC (10+2) in any stream from any recognized university for Undergraduate, MBBS Degree for Postgraduate.|
|Admission Process||Based on relevant entrance test, direct admission for Undergraduate and MBBS Degree, subsequent round of counseling for postgraduate.|
|Course Fee||INR 6,000- 128,800 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2-6 Lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Community Health Centers, Mental Health & Child Health Centers, Health/Population/Nutrition Program, Medical Colleges & Universities, Military Hospitals Private Clinics, Medical Content Writing.|
|Job Positions||Associate Professor, Nutrition Specialist, Nutrition Coordinator, Sports Nutritionist, Personal Physician.|
Diploma in Child Health: What is it about?
The program has been designed to offer to eligible candidates specialization in a wide range of health, wellness and illness. It offers students an understanding of health from biological, behavioural and population-based perspectives, through the integration of foundation and applied sciences.
Successful graduates & Postgraduates of the course interested in pursuing further studies in the discipline may go for pursuing Member of Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (MRCPH), they can do their private practice diligently, Secondary DNB, fellowship from IAP & private hospitals.
The program aims to build medical specialists with knowledge, skill and aptitude in the field of Paediatrics. They shall be aware of one’s professional limitation of medical practice and be able to refer to appropriate centres/specialist when required.
One of the principle objectives of the course is to prepare students for specialists along with clinical skills for which they need to have good knowledge in community paediatrics, preventive paediatrics and public health.
Top Institutes offering Diploma in Child Health
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.
|Name of Institute||City||Average Fees|
|Coimbatore Medical College||Coimbatore||?81,000|
|GSVM Medial College||Kanpur||?74,000|
|Madras Medical College||Chennai||?6,000|
|Maharani Laxmi Bai Medical College||Jhansi||90,000|
|SMS Medical College||Jaipur||?12,000|
|SRTR Medical College||Ambajogai||?141,300|
|Govt. Medical College||Latur||?63,000|
|Government Medical College||Nagpur||?128,800|
|Shyam Shah Medical College||Rewa||?115,000|
Eligibility for Diploma in Child Health
Candidates wishing to apply for undergraduate course need to have completed the 10+2 level of education from a recognized educational Board, with Science and Biology subject.
Students applying for the Postgraduate course need to have MBBS Degree from a recognized educational Board.
Diploma in Child Health: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the Diploma in Child Health course admit students based on their performance in a relevant entrance test, followed by a round of Personal Interview.
Some institutes conduct their own entrance tests for offering admission. Admission process generally varies across colleges. A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s score at the 10+2 level.
Following are the institutes that provide direct admission for Diploma in Child Health in India by the help of Sphere Education Consultancy. They provide medical admission guidance in India under management quota at the best medical colleges in Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Bangalore, Delhi & Maharashtra for the best packages.
- Karnataka Medical Colleges
- AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre – Mangalore Karnataka
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur Trust Karnataka
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College – Bangalore Trust Karnataka
- Father Mullers Medical College Mangalore
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College – Belgaum Trust Karnataka
- JJM Medical College – Davangere Trust
- JSS Medical College – Mysore Trust Karnataka
- K S Hegde Medical Academy – Mangalore Trust Karnataka
- K V G Medical College – Mangalore
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences – Bangalore Private Karnataka
- M S Ramaiah Medical College – Bangalore Trust Karnataka
- Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College – Gulbarga Trust Karnataka
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital – Bangalore Private Karnataka
- Navodaya Medical College – Raichur Trust Karnataka
- Rajarajeswari Medical College and Hospital – Bangalore Trust Karnataka
- S Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre – Davangere Private Karnataka
- S. Nijalingappa Medical College and HSK Hospital and Research Centre – Bagalkot Trust Karnataka
- SDM Medical College – Dharwad Trust Karnataka
- Shri B M Patil Medical College – Hospital and Research Centre – Bijapur Trust Karnataka
- Sri Devaraj URS Medical College – Kolar Trust Karnataka
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College – Tumkur Trust Karnataka
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences and Research Centre – Bangalore Trust Karnataka
- Yenepoya Medical College – Mangalore
- Tamilnadu Medical Colleges
- Meenakshi Medical College and Research Institute – Enathur Trust Tamil Nadu
- PSG Institute of Medical Sciences – Coimbatore Trust Tamil
- Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital – Chennai Trust Tamil Nadu
- Sree Mookambika Institute of Medical Sciences – Kanyakumari Trust Tamil Nadu
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute – Chennai Trust Tamil Nadu
- SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre – Kancheepuram Trust Tamil Nadu
- Vinayaka Missions Kirupananda Variyar Medical College – Salem Trust Tamil Nadu
- Pondicherry Medical Colleges
- Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute – Pondicherry
- Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences and Research – Pondicherry Trust
- Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital – Pondicherry Trust Pondicherry
- Vinayaka Missions Medical College – Pondicherry
Diploma in Child Health: Syllabus and Course Description
Following is the Syllabus of Diploma in Child Health for all semesters:
|Basic Sciences and Laboratory Medicine as applied to Pediatrics and Childhood Diseases.||Psychological Behavioral manifestations disorders|
|Ethics in Pediatrics and Child Care||Clinical Epidemiology|
|Pediatric and Neonatal Therapeutics||Computers in Pediatrics|
|Growth and Development||Nutrition|
|Genetics||Emergency pediatric services|
|Metabolic diseases||Fluids and Electrolytes|
|Neonatology: The fetus and neonatal infant||Infectious diseases|
|Immunological system and its disorders||Rheumatic diseases and connective tissue disorder of childhood|
|Respiratory system||Cardiovascular system|
|Gastrointestinal tract||Hematology and Neoplastic diseases|
|Nephrology and genitourinary tract||Central and peripheral Nervous System|
|Endocrine system||Congenital and acquired disorders of eye, ear, nose, throat, bones and joints.|
|Miscellaneous diseases||Development of diagnostic approach for and interpretation of symptomatology and Clinical signs in infants, children and adolescents.|
|Social Pediatrics||Preventive Pediatrics|
Diploma in Child Health: Career Prospects
As Paediatric nursing or child health nursing graduates you have to keep track of the nursing care of infants, children and adolescents. In this job main emphasis is given on nursing care of infants, children and adolescents at the community level and at primary and secondary levels of health care.
They may also work as Associate Professor, Nutrition Specialist, Nutrition Coordinator, Sports Nutritionist, Personal Physician etc.
Such graduates may later pursue advanced courses in the subject such as Member of Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (MRCPH), they can do their private practice diligently, Secondary DNB, fellowship from IAP & private hospitals.
Some of the popular professional avenues open to successful graduates of the course are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|Paediatric nursing||They are specialist in nursing care of infants, children and adolescents. In this job, main emphasis is given on nursing care of infants, children and adolescents at the community level and at primary and secondary levels of health care.||6,60,783|
|Associate Professor||Appointment with an expectation for developing and preparing students at the professional doctoral level, master’s level, and baccalaureate level as clinicians and educators, with significant responsibility toward both.||448,800-804,000|
|Nutrition Specialist||Dietitians and nutritionists evaluate the health of their clients. Based on their findings, dietitians and nutritionists advise clients on which foods to eat and those foods to avoid to improve their health.||2,16,000|
|Nutrition Coordinator||They may supervise activities of a department providing quantity food services, counsel individuals, or conduct nutritional research.||289,292|
|Sports Nutritionist||A sports and fitness nutritionist is responsible for teaching athletes and fitness enthusiasts effective ways to improve their health, optimize their performance and manage their weight. Nutritionists may advise individuals on dietary practices; exercise; and use of vitamins, minerals and supplements.||1,80,000|
|Personal Physician||They Conduct routine check-ups of their patient to assess their health condition and discover possible issues. Giving appropriate advice for healthy habits (diet, hygiene etc.) and preventative actions to promote overall health. They Conduct examinations to ill patients and evaluate symptoms to determine their condition.||1,80,000|