AIHMCT WAT 2018
AIHMCT WAT is the Written Admission Test conducted by Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology for admitting candidates in Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management (BHM).
- The test is tentatively organized on May 5, 2018 and application form is available from February 2, 2018.
- AIHMCT WAT comprises objective type questions and time duration to complete the exam is 3 hours.
- The questions are asked from the subjects such as Reasoning and Logical, Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude, English Language, and General Knowledge.
- AIHMCT WAT 2018 Result is expected to be announced by the fourth week of May.
- On the basis of the student’s scores, the merit list will be prepared. Students will be ranked in the merit list according to their scores in the admission test.
- Candidates’ shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the test are called for the counselling procedure.
The minimum eligibility to apply for AIHMCT WAT 2018 is a 10+2 examination or its equivalent examination. Only candidates who are children of “eligible serving personnel”, “eligible ex-Army Personnel” or “war widows of the army only”.
AIHMCT WAT 2018 Highlights
Candidates can check below some major highlights related to AIHMCT 2018. There are
|Date of Exam||May 5, 2018|
|Conducting Body||Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (AIHMCT)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Eligibility||Very according to the categories|
|Courses Offered||BHM programme (Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management)|
AIHMCT WAT Exam Dates 2018
The dates for conducting WAT will be announced on the official website of Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (AIHMCT). The tentative schedule for AIHMCT WAT 2018 and subsequent admission process is based on dates from previous edition:
|Availability of application form||February 2, 2018|
|Last date to submit the filled in application form without late fees||March 31 ,2018|
|Last date to submit the application form with late fees||April 10, 2018|
|Examination Date||May 5, 2018|
|Declaration of Result||May 16, 2018|
|Counselling will be start from||June 25, 2018|
AIHMCT WAT Eligibility 2018
AIHMCT falls under the category of AWES (Army Welfare Education Society Professional College). Only children of serving Army personnel, ex-Army personnel and war widows of Army are only eligible for admission.
The applicants of the below-mentioned categories of Army Personnel meet the AIHMCT WAT 2018 Eligibility criteria:
Students must belong to any one of the below-mentioned categories:
- Children of Army Personnel who have served the Army with minimum 10 years of continuous service in the Army
- Children of Ex-Army Personnel who have taken discharged or released after ten years of service.
- Children of Ex-Army Personnel who have granted a regular pension, liberalised family pension, disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/ individual medical board.
Adopted/ Step children and children of Remarried Widows:
- If Army Personnel adopted child at least five years prior to seeking admission
- Step children meet the eligibility criteria that they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army
Special Cases Eligibility Criteria:
- Wards of Ex-Army Medical Corps Officers/Army Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force (IN/IAF) who have served in the Army for at least 10 years.
Eligibility criteria for Children of APS/ MNS/ TA Personnel
- Children of the APS Personnel, who have put in 10 years of service in Army.
- Children of the APS Personnel, who are directly recruited into APS and have completed 10 years of service.
- Children of the only member of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members or are in receipt of pension from the Army
- Children of TA Personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
The major parameters for judging a candidate’s eligibility to appear in AIHMCT WAT 2018 is tabulated below:
|Academic Qualification||Those who have cleared their 10+2 or equivalent examination from any academic stream with English as compulsory subject|
|Students can also apply for provisional admission if, their admission will only be confirmed once they submit the proof of qualifying exam at time of admission|
|National Opening Schooling Students (regular) should produce 11th standard certificate from school (in subject to the approval of Affiliated admission), inform the official website.|
|Age Limit||Students age should not be more than 22 years as on July 1, 2018|
|Physical Fitness||Students must meet the physical fitness norms are prescribed by the authority|
AIHMCT WAT Application Form 2018
Candidates can complete the application process for AIHMCT WAT 2018 in both online and offline mode. Steps to fill AIHMCT WAT 2018 Application Form are discussed below:
- Candidates can obtain the application form for AIHMCT WAT 2018 either online or offline mode.
- For offline applicants, form and prospectus can be obtained by hand from the college/ Command HQs (AWES)/ Army HQ (AWES).
- Students can download the online application form cum prospectus from the official website of AIHMCT.
- AIHMCT WAT 2018 application fees of amount INR 1000/- should be remitted via Demand Draft only.
- In order to obtain prospectus and application form for the Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, students need to pay an application fees through Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (AIHM & CT)” and is payable at Bengaluru.
- Students need to submit the duly filled AIHMCT WAT application form at the below-mentioned address:
AIHM & CT,
Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur Post,
Bangalore – 560077
Applicants must submit the following list of the document at the time of form submission in case of offline mode:
- Attendance Card/ Admit Card
- Age Proof
- Marks statement of qualifying exam
- Category wise certificate
- Willingness certificate
- Qualifying exam passing certificate and photocopies of mark sheet.
AIHMCT 2018 Admit Card
Admit card is a very important document for all the examinees. It contains all the personal particulars and exam related details of an applicant. The information should be mentioned accurately and must match with the details mentioned in the official records.
Students will receive their AIHMCT WAT 2018 Admit Card via post on the registered address by the first week of May. In case, there are any postal delays candidates should contact the authorities.
Also, if students lost or misplaced their card then they need to inform the respective authority or contact the Presiding Office of the WAT centre. Quote application numbers in all correspondence.
Phone No. – (080) 64546807/64543207
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
AIHMCT WAT Exam Centres 2018
There is total of 15 exam centres for AIHMCT WAT 2018 examination. Students can choose the exam centre according to their choice at the time of filling application form.
The following table shows the locations of AIHMCT WAT 2018 exam centres along with their test codes:
|Exam Centre||Test Codes|
AIHMCT WAT 2018 Exam Pattern
AIHMCT WAT 2018 is conducted through the offline mode only. Some of the major highlights of AIHMCT WAT 2018 Exam Pattern:
- The paper is comprised of objective type questions of total 100 marks.
- Time duration to complete the examination is 3 hours
- The paper is divided into four parts i.e. Reasoning and Logical Deduction, Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude, Command and Test of English Language, and General Knowledge.
|Section||No. of Marks|
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||40|
|Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude||20|
AIHMCT WAT Exam Patten Highlights
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Section in Paper||4 sections (Reasoning and Logical Deduction, Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude, Command and Test of English Language, and General Knowledge)|
AIHMCT WAT 2018 Syllabus
Students can study the below-mentioned topics asked from four different sections i.e. Reasoning and Logical Deduction, Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude, Command and Test of English Language, and General Knowledge. AIHMCT WAT 2018 Syllabus is based on 10+2 curriculum of study.
The following table shows the important topics related to AHIMCT WAT 2018:
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||Analytical Reasoning|
|Blood relations related questions|
|Symbols and notations|
|Direction and Distance related questions|
|Coding and Decoding|
|Problems based on Symmetry|
|Problems based on Visual Ability|
|Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude||Elementary Mathematics|
|Arithmetic (number Theory)|
|Profit and Loss|
|Calculate areas and volumes|
|Unitary Method Questions|
|Clocks & Calendar related questions|
|Speed (of cars, trains etc) related questions|
|Ratio and Proportion|
|Fractions and Decimals|
|H.C.F. and L.C.M.|
|Time and Distance related questions|
|Work and Wage Related Questions|
|Command and Test of English Language||Vocabulary|
|Rearrangement of words in sentence|
|Rearrangement of sentence in paragraph|
|Idioms and phrases|
|One word substitution|
|Fill in the blanks|
|General Knowledge||Famous personalities|
|Inventions and discoveries|
|Books and authors|
|Prizes and awards|
AIHMCT WAT Result 2018
Result for AIHMCT WAT 2018 will be released on the official website of the institute. The examination result will be declared on May 16, 2018. The result will be published in the form of Merit list.
On the basis of the candidates score in Written Admission Test, the merit list will be prepared. The result will be declared on the basis of below-mentioned tie breaking criteria:
- If candidates secure equal marks, then merit list will be released on the basis of securing higher aggregate marks in qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent which will be given higher preference
- In case if the marks are not equal, then class 10th marks will be taken to prepare merit list.
AIHMCT WAT Cut off 2018
Cut off marks are the minimum marks secured by the candidate in order to qualify the WAT admission test. If students secure less than the cut off marks then they are not eligible for admission. After the declaration of the result, cut off marks will be declared.
The cutoff marks will be decided on the basis of following factors:
- Total numbers of candidates appear for the exam
- Difficulty level of the paper
- No. of candidates passed the exam
- Previous year cut off marks
- Average scores obtained by the candidate in the entrance test.
- Reservation criteria of the University
AIHMCT WAT 2018 Counselling
Those who have cleared the written admission test will be called for counselling conducted at AIHMCT Bangalore. Students who have been shortlisted for admission on the basis of their performance in written admission test are required to appear for the personal interview round.
Final merit list for admission in BHM course is prepared on the basis of student’s performance in WAT and PI. Top 60 students in the merit list will receive an offer of admission in Bachelors degree in Hotel Management course at AIHMCT.
Students must bring the following list of document at the time of counselling for verification:
- 10th and 12th class certificate and mark sheets
- 11th standard mark sheet
- Caste certificate issued by the competent authority
- Birth certificate
- School/ Institute leaving certificate
- Bonafide certificate from the school/ institution last attended
- Character certificate from the last attended school/ institution
- Migration certificate, in case of passed qualifying examination other than Bangalore University
- 6 copies of passport size photograph in shirt and tie
- Serving certificate or discharge book and PPO of parents
- Medical certificate with original ECG report dully attested by RMO/ MO of nearest MH
- Valid dependent card issued to children of Army Person vide Army Order No. 74/ 75, 120/ 80 should be produced on joining date
If there is a gap between last attended colleges and joining of AIHMCT, students have to submit an affidavit, executed before a Magistrate on stamp paper of requisite value stated that applicants have not joined any course of studies during the period in any other university.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College