Table of Contents
AIHMCT WAT 2020 Exam Dates(Revised), Application Form(Extended), Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
AIHMCT WAT 2020 dates have been postponed again considering the current situation of lockdown due to COVID-19 pandemic. The exam will now be conducted on July 25, 2020 instead of May 30, 2020. AIHMCT is a Written Admission Test conducted by Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology to provide admission to students in its Bachelor’s in Hotel Management (BHM) program. AIHMCT WAT 2020 will be held in 26 cities across India. As per AIHMCT WAT 2020 Eligibility, children of “eligible serving personnel”, “eligible ex-Army Personnel” or “war widows of the army only”, having passed or appearing in class 12 are eligible to appear in AIHMCT WAT 2020. Download Official AIHMCT WAT 2020 Notification.
Latest: AIHMCT WAT 2020 Application dates have been further extended till July 18, 2020.
AIHMCT WAT 2020 Application Form is available from February 1. The application fee is INR 750 which can be paid through NEFT in favour of “Institute Fund, AIHM&CT” A/c No 64020010441, payable at State Bank of India, Hennur Road, Bangalore – 560 043, IFSC Code No SBIN0014933.
As per AIHMCT 2020 Exam Pattern, WAT will be an online test of 3 hours duration having 100 MCQs of 1 mark each. AIHMCT WAT 2020 Syllabus will include Reasoning and Logical Deduction, Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude, English Language, General Knowledge, and Hospitality and Tourism sections.
AIHMCT WAT 2020 Result will be declared soon after the successful completion of the exam. On the basis of the student’s scores, the merit list will be prepared. As per students’ rank in the merit list, they will be called for counselling.
AIHMCT WAT 2020 Highlights
Candidates can check below some major highlights related to AIHMCT 2020.
|Full Exam Name||Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology Written Admission Test|
|Conducting Body||Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (AIHMCT)|
|Exam Type||Entrance Test|
|Exam Level||National, University Level|
|Eligibility||Class 12 Pass children of Army Personnel|
|Courses Offered||BHM program (Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
AIHMCT WAT Exam Dates
AIHMCT WAT Exam Dates 2020
AIHMCT has released WAT 2020 Exam Dates along with official notification and application form. Candidates can check AIHMCT 2020 Exam Dates from below table:
|AIHMCT WAT 2020 Registration began on||February 1, 2020|
|Last day to submit AIHMCT WAT 2020 Application Form||July 18, 2020 (Extended)|
|Scrutiny of Online Application and Uploaded Documents.||To be announced|
|Issue of AIHMCT WAT 2020 Admit Card||To be announced|
|AIHMCT WAT 2020 Exam Date||July 25, 2020 (Revised)|
|Declaration of AIHMCT WAT 2020 Result/ Merit List||To be announced|
|Last Day to Register for Counselling/ Admission/reporting to college||To be announced|
|Chairman’s Address to students and parents||To be announced|
|Commencement of session 2020-21||To be announced|
AIHMCT WAT Eligibility
AIHMCT WAT 2020 Eligibility
AIHMCT falls under the category of AWES (Army Welfare Education Society Professional College). Only children of serving Army personnel, ex-Army personnel and war widows of Army are eligible for admission. The applicants of the below-mentioned categories of Army Personnel meet the AIHMCT WAT 2020 Eligibility criteria:
Category I: Students must belong to any one of the below-mentioned categories:
- Children of Army Personnel who have served the Army with minimum 10 years of continuous service in the Army
- Children of Ex-Army Personnel who have taken discharged or released after ten years of service.
- Children of Ex-Army Personnel who have granted a regular pension, liberalised family pension, disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge, release medical board/ individual medical board.
Category II: Adopted/ Step children and children of Remarried Widows:
- If Army Personnel adopted a child at least five years prior to seeking admission
- Stepchildren meet the eligibility criteria if they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army
Category III: Special Cases Eligibility Criteria
- Wards of Ex-Army Medical Corps Officers/Army Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force (IN/IAF) who have served in the Army for at least 10 years.
Eligibility criteria for Children of APS/ MNS/ TA Personnel
- Children of the APS Personnel, who have put in 10 years of service in Army.
- Children of the APS Personnel, who are directly recruited into APS and have completed 10 years of service.
- Children of the only member of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members or are in receipt of a pension from the Army
- Children of TA Personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
Themajor parameters for judging a candidate’s eligibility to appear in AIHMCT WAT 2020 is tabulated below:
AIHMCT WAT Educational
|Class 12 or equivalent examination from any academic stream with English as a compulsory subject|
|Final year students can also apply for provisional admission which will only be confirmed once they submit the proof of qualifying exam at time of admission.|
|National Opening Schooling Students (regular) should produce 11th standard certificate from the school.|
|AIHMCT WAT Age Limit||Students age should not be more than 22 years as on July 1, 2020|
|Physical Fitness||Students must meet the physical fitness norms as prescribed by the authority|
AIHMCT WAT Registration
AIHMCT WAT 2020 Application Form
AIHMCT WAT 2020 Application Forms are available from February 1 – July 18, 2020. The application form can be filled in online mode only at the official website – aihmctbangalore.edu.in.
Candidates will have to remit AIHMCT application fees of INR 750 through NEFT in favour of “Institute Fund, AIHM&CT” A/c No 64020010441, payable at State Bank of India, Hennur Road, Bangalore – 560 043, IFSC Code No SBIN0014933.
Documents to Upload during AIHMCT Registration
- Proof of Age as per Std X/XII or Equivalent Mark Sheet/ TC.
- Statement of Marks of Qualifying examination with aggregate marks.
- Appropriate certificates in respect of various categories to avail priority for admission.
- Proof of Gallantry award for grant of weightage
AIHMCT 2020 Admit Card
AIHMCT 2020 Admit Card will be released after the successful completion of application process. Students will have to download their AIHMCT WAT 2020 Admit Card from the official website – aihmctbangalore.edu.in. The admit card has to be carried to the exam center on the exam day along with an original photo ID proof.
AIHMCT WAT 2020 Exam Centers
There is a total of 26 exam centers for the AIHMCT WAT 2020 examination. Students can choose any one of the exam centers according to their preference at the time of filling the application form. The following table shows the locations of AIHMCT WAT 2020 exam centers along with their test codes:
|Exam Center||Test Codes||Exam Center||Test Codes|
AIHMCT WAT Exam Pattern
AIHMCT WAT 2020 Exam Pattern
AIHMCT WAT 2020 is conducted through the online mode only. Some of the major highlights of AIHMCT WAT 2020 Exam Pattern:
- The paper comprises multiple-choice questions.
- Each question carries 1 mark which makes a total of 100 marks.
- Time duration to complete the examination is 3 hours
- The paper is divided into five parts i.e. Reasoning and Logical Deduction, Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude, Command and Test of English Language, General Knowledge and Hospitality and Tourism.
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||20|
|Hospitality and Tourism||20|
|Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude||20|
AIHMCT WAT Syllabus
AIHMCT WAT 2020 Syllabus
Students can study the below-mentioned topics asked from five different sections i.e. Reasoning and Logical Deduction, Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude, English Language, General Knowledge and Hospitality and Tourism. AIHMCT WAT 2020 Syllabus is based on 10+2 curriculum. The following table shows the important topics related to AHIMCT WAT 2020:
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||Analytical Reasoning|
|Blood relations related questions|
|Symbols and notations|
|Direction and Distance related questions|
|Coding and Decoding|
|Problems based on Symmetry|
|Problems based on Visual Ability|
|Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude||Elementary Mathematics|
|Arithmetic (Number Theory)|
|Profit and Loss|
|Calculate areas and volumes|
|Unitary Method Questions|
|Clocks & Calendar related questions|
|Speed (of cars, trains, etc) related questions|
|Ratio and Proportion|
|Fractions and Decimals|
|H.C.F. and L.C.M.|
|Time and Distance related questions|
|Work and Wage Related Questions|
|Command and Test of English Language||Vocabulary|
|Rearrangement of words in a sentence|
|Rearrangement of the sentence in paragraph|
|Idioms and phrases|
|One word substitution|
|Fill in the blanks|
|General Knowledge||Famous personalities|
|Inventions and discoveries|
|Books and authors|
|Prizes and awards|
AIHMCT WAT 2020 Result
The result for AIHMCT WAT 2020 will be released at the official website of the institute on May 25, 2020 in the form of the Merit List. On the basis of the candidate's score in the Written Admission Test, the merit list will be prepared.
AIHMCT WAT Tie-breaking Criteria:
- If candidates secure equal marks, then merit list will be released on the basis of securing higher aggregate marks in qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent which will be given higher preference
- In case if class 12 marks are equal, then class 10 marks will be taken to prepare merit list.
AIHMCT WAT 2020 Cutoff
Cutoff marks are the minimum marks that has to be secured by the candidate in order to qualify the WAT. If students obtain less than the cutoff marks then they are not eligible for admission. After the declaration of the result, cut off marks will be declared.
The cutoff marks will be decided on the basis of the following factors:
- Total numbers of candidates appear for the exam
- The difficulty level of the paper
- No. of candidates passed the exam
- Previous years’ cutoff marks
- Average scores obtained by the candidate in the entrance test.
- Reservation criteria of the University
AIHMCT WAT Counselling
AIHMCT WAT 2020 Counselling
Those who have cleared the written admission test will be called for counseling conducted at AIHMCT Bangalore. Students who have been shortlisted for admission on the basis of their performance in written admission test are required to appear for the counselling.
Final merit list for admission in the BHM course is prepared on the basis of student’s performance in WAT. Top 60 students in the merit list will receive an offer of admission to a Bachelors degree in the Hotel Management course at AIHMCT.
Students must bring the following list of document at the time of counseling for verification:
- 10th and 12th class certificate and mark sheets
- 11th standard mark sheet
- Caste certificate issued by the competent authority
- Birth certificate
- School/ Institute leaving certificate
- Bonafide certificate from the school/ institution last attended
- Character certificate from the last attended school/ institution
- Migration certificate, in case of passed qualifying examination other than Bangalore University
- 6 copies of passport size photograph in shirt and tie
- Serving certificate or discharge book and PPO of parents
- Medical certificate with original ECG report duly attested by RMO/ MO of nearest MH
- Valid dependent card issued to children of Army Person vide Army Order No. 74/ 75, 120/ 80 should be produced on joining date
If there is a gap between last attended colleges and joining of AIHMCT, students have to submit an affidavit, executed before a Magistrate on stamp paper of requisite value stated that applicants have not joined any course of studies during the period in any other university.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College