AP PGLCET 2019 Exam Date (Released), Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus
AP PGLCET 2019 is scheduled for May 6 in a single session (2:30 pm – 4 pm). LLB/ BL degree holders with 50% marks in aggregate are eligible to apply online for the exam. Check AP PGLCET Eligibility
- SK University will hold the exam across 16 regional centers in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- The exam for all the LLM courses will consist of 120 MCQs to be completed within 90 minutes. Check AP PGLCET Exam Pattern
- The official schedule for AP PGLCET 2019 will be released shortly at sche.ap.gov.in/lawcet.
- Registration is expected to begin in March 2019. Apply now!
Highlights of AP PGLCET
|Exam Name||Andhra Pradesh Common Law Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapuramu on behalf of APSCHE|
|Periodicity||Once a year|
|AP PGLCET Official website||https://sche.ap.gov.in/lawcet|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Validity of AP PGLCET Score||One year|
|AP PGLCET Helpdesk||convenorAP PGLCET2019@gmail.com | 08554-255055|
AP PGLCET 2019 Exam Dates
Check the official AP PGLCET 2019 Exam Schedule below:
|Filling up of online application form||February 18, 2019|
|Closure of online application process||March 18, 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||April 14, 2019|
|Date of examination||May 6, 2019 (released)|
|Declaration of results||May 09, 2019|
|Commencement of Counselling||Third week of August 2019|
AP PGLCET Eligibility Criteria
SK University has clearly stated the eligibility criteria for the exam. The same is given below:
- Domicile: Applicants who have applied must belong to the state of Andra Pradesh.
- Qualifying Exam:
- Candidates must have passed LLB/BL Three/5-Year degree from a recognized institute or university.
- Students appearing in the final year of the qualifying examination can also apply.
- A minimum of 50% (for OC/BC) aggregate marks are required to register for AP PGLECET.
- For SC/ ST category, a minimum of 45% marks is required.
AP PGLCET Application Form 2019
There are few credentials and documents that must be kept available before starting the registration procedure. They all are tabulated below:
|TS/ AP Online Center Transaction ID|
(if payment is made via TS / AP Online Center)
|Receipt form from TS / AP Online/ Citizen Services Center|
|Qualifying Examination||Degree’s Hall Ticket No./ Marks Memo|
|Hall Ticket No. of SSC or Equivalent||SSC/ Equivalent Certificate|
|Local Status (OU/AU/SVU/ Non-Local)||Issued certificate|
|Income of Parents (Income less than 2 lac)||Issued income certificate|
|Category (SC/ST/BC etc)||Caste certificate|
|Special Category (NCC/ Sports/ CAP etc)||Certificate issued by Competent authority|
Other Details/ Documents required are as follows:
- Valid email ID which should be active for the next 6 months from the date of AP PGLCET Registration.
- A valid mobile number for receiving official information via SMS.
- Valid Debit card/Credit card in case the mode of payment is online.
- Scanned images of documents, passport-size photograph and signature of the applicant.
Steps to Apply for AP PGLCET:
There are 3 Steps in filing AP PGLCET online application. They are given below:
Step 1: Payment of AP PGLCET Application Fee
Before starting the registration, a stipulated fee has to be paid by the candidate as per their category. Payment can be through debit/ credit card and or AP Online. After clicking on Fee Payment Tab, a fee payment webpage will be displayed. The following details need to be furnished in the required fields:
|Qualifying Examination Hall ticket Number||Name|
|Mobile Number||Date of Birth|
|Entrance Exam (LLM program)||Fee Amount|
- After filling all the details, click on the “Make Payment” button.
- You will be redirected to the payment gateway where you need to pay the exam fee.
- The fee can be paid via online (net banking/credit/ debit card) or offline (cash at APONLINE / TSONLINE centers) mode.
Application Fee of AP PGLCET 2019
|Fee Amount (LLM/ ML)||INR 850|
|Processing Fee||INR 59|
|Total Fee||INR 909|
Step 2: Know your Payment Status
- The candidate can also check the status of payment made through this option.
- Click on ‘Know Your Payment Status’ tab
- After clicking on Know Your Payment Status Tab, the following page will be displayed.
- Furnish the same hall ticket number and mobile number.
- Next, click on Check Payment Status.
- After clicking, the status of success/Failure page will be displayed on the screen.
Step 3: Filling the Online Form
The candidate can start filling the application by selecting the tab “Fill Application (only after fee payment)” tab. Listed below are details that are to be mentioned in the form:
1. Candidate’s Details: Enter candidate’s name, DOB, gender, mother’s name, and father’s name.
2. Qualifying Exam: specify qualification (LLB/ Degree in any other stream/ Class 12). Also, mention other related information like hall ticket number of qualifying exam and place of study.
3. Entrance Exam: In this field, select the law entrance exam they want to give - PGLCET (admission into LLM)
4. Photo and Signature: upload the photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned below:
- Photo size and format: Less than 30 KB, JPG file format
- Signature size and format: Less than 15 KB, JPG file format
5. Regional Center for Test: Choose the preferable AP PGLCET exam center from the drop-down list.
6. Category: select a category you belong to as per the Caste certificate - OC/ BC-A/ BC-B/ BC-C/ BC-D/ BC-E/ SC/ ST. Also, any candidate belonging to the special category (NCC/ CAP/ Sports) needs to select the appropriate category.
7. Local Area Status: Choose the local area you belong to under this column:
- AU (Andhra University)
- OU (Osmania University)
- SVU (Sri Venkateswara University)
8. Minority/ Non-Minority: Candidates belonging to the minority group (such as SC/ ST/ OBC) must click the “Minority” button and those belonging to non-minority group (General category students) need to click the “Non-minority” button.
9. Address: Provide your permanent address.
10. Class 10th: Enter class 10th education details such as board, hall ticket number, month and year of passing, and place of study.
11. Physically Challenged: It requires details of the type of physical challenge a candidate has (if applicable) - Visual Handicapped/ Hearing Impaired/ Ortho Handicapped.
12. Class 12th: Enter Standard 12th education details such board name, hall ticket number, month and year of passing, as well as place of study.
13. Annual Income of Parents: Select the annual income category under which their parents fall – Below One Lakh/ Between One Lakh and Two Lakhs/ More than Two Lakhs.
After filling in AP PGLCET application form, click on the checkbox, “I accept the Terms and the Conditions” and press the “Submit” button.
After successful submission of application form and fee, take a print out of the application form for future reference.
AP PGLCET 2019 Admit Card
The admit card is issued to successfully registered candidates. It is available on the official website. You can download it using your registration ID and date of birth. The document will contain the following details:
- Roll no. of candidate
- Registration no. of candidate
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s Name
- Candidate’s photograph
- Exam venue
- Category of candidate (as mentioned in the Application form)
- Date and time of AP PGLCET exam
- Reporting time at the exam center
- List of documents to be carried on the exam day
- Exam Day instructions
Steps to download AP PGLCET Hall Ticket:
- Visit the official website of AP PGLCET.
- Click on ‘AP PGLCET 2019 Admit Card’
- Enter AP PGLCET 2019 Registration Number and Date of Birth.
- Admit card will then be displayed on the screen.
- Download AP PGLCET 2019 admit card and take out its print out.
- Paste a latest passport size photograph on it.
- Keep it safe and carry it along with them to the exam center.
AP PGLCET Exam Centers
There are altogether 12 exam centers for AP PGLCET 2019 exam. The list of AP PGLCET 2019 exam centers is given below:
AP PGLCET 2019 Exam Pattern
Common Entrance Test will be a Computer Based Test, having objective type questions. A candidate’s aptitude in the Law subject is tested through this examination.
- As per AP PGLCET Exam Pattern, there are 120 questions to be completed within 90 minutes.
- Maximum marks that can be scored is 120.
- Each question carries 1 mark and there is no provision of negative marking.
- Medium of Exam: English only
- Nature of Questions: Objective (MCQs)
Tabulated below is the section-wise distribution of questions for AP PGLCET:
|Section Name||Max. Ques.||Sub-sections|
|Part A||40 Ques.||Jurisprudence: 20 Ques.|
|Constitutional Law: 20 Ques.|
|Part B||80 Ques.||Public International Law: 16 Ques.|
|Mercentile Law: 16 Ques.|
|Labour Law: 16 Ques.|
|Crimes and Torts: 16 Ques.|
|IPR & Other Laws: 16 Ques.|
AP PGLCET Syllabus
The paper is divided into two parts both testing a candidate’s knowledge of Indian Laws. The entire paper is focused on testing how much candidates have learned in their undergraduate law schools. The important topics are given below:
AP PGLCET LLM Syllabus – Part I
This section will have 40 questions of 1 mark each. Important topics are listed below:
JURISPRUDENCE (20 Ques. | 20 Marks)
- Schools of Jurisprudence – Sources of Law
- Custom Precedent and Legislation
- Rights and duties – Ownership and Possession
- Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Legal Sanctions
CONSTITUTIONAL LAW (20 Ques. | 20 Marks)
- Nature of the Constitution: Fundamental Rights
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- Executive Judiciary and Legislature
- Center-State Relations
- Emergency provisions
- Amendments to the constitution
AP PGLCET LLM Syllabus – Part II
This section will have 80 Questions of 1 mark each. Check the important topics under this:
PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL LAW (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- International Law and Municipal Law
- Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and outer space
- Nationality and Statelessness
- State Jurisdiction
- United Nations
MERCANTILE LAW (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- General Principles of Contract
- Sections. 1-75
- Indian Contract Act-1872
LABOUR LAW (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- Trade Union Act 1926
- Industrial Disputes Act 1947
CRIMES and TORTS (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions
- TORTS: General Principles of Tort
- Joint liability
- State liability for torts; Consumer Protection Act,1986
IPR & OTHER LAWS (16 Ques. | 16 Marks)
- Copyright Act, 1957; Patents Act, 1970
- Environmental Protection Act, 1986
- Human Rights, The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
- Salient features of Information Technology Act, 2000
- The Right to Information Act 2005
Recommended Books for AP PGLCET LLM
|Universal's Guide to LL.M. Entrance Examination||Gaurav Mehta|
|Guide to LLM Entrance Examination||Showick Thorpe|
|Amar Law Publication's Indian Constitutional Law : The New Challenges for LLM||Sheetal Kanwal|
AP PGLCET Answer Keys
- The answer keys are released in online mode.
- Along with the keys, exam paper and response sheets are also provided to cross-check the responses.
- There is a provision to challenge or object to any of the questions after cross-checking the responses.
After the procedure of rectifying, the university will release the final answer key of AP PGLCET 2019.
AP PGLCET 2019 Results
The result of AP PGLCET 2019 is expected to release in the last week of June 2019. Scores for the law exam is valid for 1 year only. By following the steps mentioned below, students would be able to check their results:
- Go to the official website.
- Locate and click on the tab “View your results”.
- Enter your Registration Number and Date of Birth.
- Click on View Result.
- The result will then be displayed on the monitor.
- Download and keep a print copy of AP PGLCET 2019 Result for the future academic endeavor.
AP PGLCET Tie Breaker Criteria
Candidates will be ranked as per the total marks obtained in the Entrance Test. If there is a tie in total marks,
- the marks obtained in Part-A of Entrance Test will be considered for awarding the rank
- If the tie persists they may be bracketed together for the purpose of ranking and seniority in age may be considered at the time of admission.
AP PGLCET Cut off
The cut off is the minimum marks that a student needs in order to qualify for counselling process. Various factors on which AP PGLCET 2019 cut off depends on are bulleted below:
- Availability of seats
- Number of applicants
- The difficulty level of the questions
Note: Qualifying marks in AP PGLCET-2019: The qualifying percentage of marks in the Entrance Test is 25%. (i.e. 30 marks out of total 120 marks). There will be no qualifying marks for S.Cs & S.Ts for ranking.
AP PGLCET Counselling
Students who have secured qualifying marks in the exam need to go through counselling process conducted by SK University in order to get admissions. Counselling will be done in two to three slots as per the University in August 2019.
- Students are required to register themselves with AP PGLCET 2019 counselling as no call letters will be posted to them personally.
- They need to pay the counselling fee which may vary as per the category.
- Candidates are required to get through different rounds of AP PGLCET 2019, to be eligible to apply for the examination.
- There are a few original documents mentioned below, which must be carried along to the counselling venue, and they might be checked by concerned authorities:
- Candidate’s 10th and 12th mark sheets
- Migration certificate
- Character certificate
- Candidate’s identity proof (Voter id card, PAN card, smart card or driving license).
- Filled application form
- Andra Pradesh domicile certificate
- Category certificate
- Two recent colored passport size photographs
- Seats will be allotted to students as per the number of seats available and rank secured in the test.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College