Table of Contents
BEET 2020 Eligiibility, Application Form, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
BEET 2020 is a state level exam conducted for candidates aspiring for admission to B.Ed program. It is conducted once a year in the month of July 2020 by Patna University. The minimum qualification required for appearing in BEET 2020 is an undergraduate degree in relevant discipline.
|BEET Eligibility||BEET Application Form||BEET Exam Pattern||BEET Result|
- Candidates selected through the entrance test will be admitted in two colleges affiliated to the university.
- A total of 200 seats is on offer in both the colleges.
- Candidates can fill the application form from the second week of June in online mode.
- Candidates have to pay Application fee can be remitted through both online and offline mode.
- The admit card can be downloaded online from the website.
BEET 2020 Highlights
Candidates can check below some important highlights related to BEET 2020:
|Conducting Body||Patna University|
|Mode of BEET 2020 Exam||Offline|
|Duration of BEET 2020 Exam||2 hours|
|Eligibility (may vary for different exams)||UG Graduation|
|Number of Seats||200|
BEET 2020 Exam Dates
The schedule for BEET 2020 will be announced through the official website of Patna University as well as through some of the leading newspapers of the region. The exam is expected to take place in the second week of July 2020:
|Exam Announcement||June 2020|
|Application Form Submission||June 2020|
|Application Form Submission under specific quotas||July 2020|
|Admit Card Download||July 2020|
|BEET 2020 Exam||July 2020|
|BEET 2020 Result||July 2020|
BEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The basic qualification for BEET 2020 is Bachelors’ Degree in a relevant discipline. However, the university has listed certain regulations:
- Candidates should have completed their B.Sc or M.Sc with a percentage of 50%.
- The graduation should have been completed in Science/ Commerce/ Humanities or Social Science.
- In case of B E / B.Tech, the minimum aggregate percentage required is 55%.
- Patna University offers an exemption of 5% for candidates belonging to the reserved category. These categories include:
- Scheduled Caste
- Scheduled Tribe
- Specially talented candidates
- A minimum of 2 subjects mentioned below courses should have been a part of their education as part of the mandatory eligibility criteria:
- Political Science
- Physical Science
- Computer science
- The university has not specified any age limit criteria.
BEET 2020 Application Form
Candidates will have to submit the application online on the official website of Patna University. The procedure for submission of BEET 2020 Application Form is as follows:
- Candidates will have to register in the website before proceeding for application form submission.
- They have to enter their name, date of birth, email and phone for registered.
- The login credentials will be mailed on candidates’ email id.
- The application form will be divided into various segments:
- Personal Information
- Educational Qualification
- Choice of Course
- Exam Centre Selection
- Upload the photograph and signature in the specified dimensions.
- Particulars filled should match with the details mentioned on class 10th certificate.
- Select the relevant category to claim seats under reservation norms.
- This is an important step as the merit list and application fees are decided as per the selection.
- Enter the educational qualification will all detail such as board, percentage of marks, college, university, etc.
- Option to select the course of reference would be available in the form.
- Select the preferred subject from the list available for Section 5 of the exam paper.
- Provide preference for the nearest exam center from the list.
- This will be final and candidates cannot make any changes after submission.
Candidates can now proceed towards remitting application fee.
BEET Application Fee
The application fee can be filled through both online and offline modes. Candidates can deposit fee through debit card, credit card and net banking. They can also pay through the challan available on the website. Candidates will have to enter the application number to remit the fee. Candidates will have entered the acknowledgement number at the time of application form submission:
|SC / ST||INR 1300|
BEET 2020 Admit Card
BEET Admit Card is generally released one week before the scheduled date of exam. The admit card contains all the important details like name of the candidate, application number, name of the course, exam centre with complete address, date of the exam, time of the exam, etc.
Steps to download the admit card:
- Candidates will have to visit the Patna University website.
- Visit the exam page and login using their credentials.
- Enter the credentials generated after application form submission.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the link provided.
- Take printout of the admit card for future reference.
Note: Candidates have to download an additional copy of the admit card and paste their recent passport size photograph on it.
BEET 2020 Exam Center
BEET 2020 is conducted across 5 colleges in Bihar. The colleges are usually located in and around Patna, Candidates can select the exam centre of their choice based on accessibility. They can select upto 2 exam centres at the time of application form submission. The university will allot the exam centre of first come, first serve basis. This is a computer generated process and human intervention is not possible. Patna University reserves the right to allot an exam centre or cancel an exam centre for various reasons.
BEET 2020 Exam Pattern
BEET (Bachelor of Education Entrance Test) 2020 will be conducted in the offline mode. The exam consists of two parts and candidates need to attempt both the parts.
- There is total of 5 sections in the exam. Part A consists of 4 sections and Part B consists of 1 sections.
- Candidates will have to secure a minimum cut off mark in each section to qualify for the exam.
- The exam is conducted for a total of 100 marks.
- Duration of BEET 2020 will be 2 hours.
- The questions are of multiple choice questions’ type.
- Part A is devised to check candidates’ ability to decipher situations, thinking capability and problem-solving ability.
- Part B is devised to check candidates’ knowledge.
- Candidates are provided four choices to select the right answer.
- The question is asked from the below topics:
- English – 10 questions
- Reasoning – 20 questions
- General Awareness – 25 questions
- Environment of Teaching in School – 25 questions
- Subject Awareness - 20 questions
- Candidates are awarded 1 mark for each right answer.
BEET Exam Pattern highlights
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||100 questions|
|Maximum Marks||100 marks|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Sections in Paper||5|
BEET 2020 Syllabus
BEET 2020 question paper will comprise 5 unique sections. Each section is designed to test specific capability and academic knowledge of candidate. Lets’ check BEET 2020 Syllabus for each section in detail.
- English: This section will contain question like antonyms, synonyms, Grammar, Prepositions. Candidates will be given a paragraph and questions will be asked of it. This will help the university determine candidates’ strength on communication and attention to detail.
- Reasoning: This is inclusive of questions from both analytic and logical. This will determine the candidate’s ability to analyse a problem or situation and provide an answer. This will also check the time management capability of the candidates.
- General Awareness: The questions will be related to various current happening in the state and the country. Questions related to various government policies and initiatives.
- Environment of Teaching in School: This will contain information related to various techniques, methods used in teaching in School. Candidates will have through understanding and knowledge of the subject.
- Subject Awareness: Candidates can select the subject from the list given. The subjects include:
- Science & Mathematics
- Social Science
Candidates need to go through the syllabus of 12th standard as well as undergraduate level to prepare for BEET 2020.
BEET 2020 Result
BEET 2020 result will be released in both online and offline mode. Candidates can check the results on the Patna University Website as well as on the University notice board. Male candidates can also check the Patna Training College website and Female candidates can check the website of women training college respectively to check the result.
Candidates will have to login to view their individual scores obtained in the exam.
Steps to download/view the scorecard:
- Candidates will have to visit the Patna University Website.
- They will have to visit the admissions page.
- They can also click on the link in the home page.
- Candidates will have to enter their application number and password to download the score card.
- The score card will contain details like total marks obtained by the candidate, individual score in each subject, etc.
BEET 2020 Merit List
BEET 2020 Merit List is available on the university website. The merit list is also announced in the Patna Training college and Women Training College Website. The merit list is announced on basis of the category of the candidate. Candidates are ranked on basis of the marks secured in the exam. However, in case of equal marks, the merit list is prepared on basis of:
- Marks secured in the UG Programme
- Marks secured in the 12th standard
- Seniority in age.
BEET 2020 Cutoff
BEET 2020 Cut off is calculated on the number of applicants of the particular year, highest mark of the year, hardness level of the paper. Candidates have to secure minimum marks in all the sections to qualify in the exam
BEET 2020 Admission Process:
- There is no separate counselling process.
- Selected candidates are announced on the university website. They will be also intimated by mail.
- Candidates need to pay the admission fee to confirm the seat.
- The university will call for a second round of applicants if there are any vacancies available.
- Male candidates will be placed in Patna Training College while female candidates will be placed in women Training college.
Document verification is an important part of the admission process. Candidates have to carry the below mentioned at the time of admission:
- Admit Card
- 10th Standard Certificate
- 12th Standard Certificate
- UG Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- PG Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Specially Talented Candidates should carry relevant doctor certificate
- Score Card
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College