DUET 2021 Exam will be conducted by Delhi University through the online mode for the candidate wishing to opt for UG, PG, MPhil, and PhD programs in various courses. DUET 2021 is likely to be held on the 1st or 2nd week of June 2021 and it will be announced by NTA. Candidates who will successfully register on the official website of DU and completed the entire application process are only eligible to appear in the examination for DUET 2021. Check DUET 2021 Application Process
DUET 2021 Eligibility criteria vary from course to course. Hence all the candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria very carefully before applying for the exam. Check DUET 2021 Eligibility
DUET 2021 will be conducted in Computer Based mode which comprised of MCQs. The total duration of the exam will be of 2 hours. A total of 100 questions will be asked and for each correct answer, 4 marks will be allotted. There will be a negative marking of -1 for each incorrect question. Check DUET 2021 Exam Pattern
Generally, the examination is conducted in three shifts via online mode across 101 test centers in 18 cities. Last year, around 3.6 lakh candidates registered for the examination to get admission in UG courses whereas around 1.5 lakh candidates registered for PG programs.
DUET 2021 Highlights
|Name of the Exam||Delhi University Entrance Test|
|Exam Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Mode|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours|
DUET 2021 Exam Dates
|Registration Process Open||To be announced|
|Last Date to Register||To be announced|
|Admit Card Download Date||To be announced|
|DUET 2021 Exam Date||To be announced|
|DUET 2021 Result Date||To be announced|
DUET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates need to meet the minimum DUET eligibility criteria to get admission in various courses such as B. Tech, BA, M. Com, MCA, Med, LLM, LLB, etc. Course wise eligibility criteria are mentioned below.
DUET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for UG or Undergraduate Courses
- For the admission in B. Tech courses, candidates will have to qualify 10+2 examinations with minimum 60% marks in aggregate and must have Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- For the admission in BA with the honours in Humanities and Social Sciences, candidate need to obtain minimum 60% marks in all the subjects in 10+2
- For the admission in BA Honours in Multimedia and Mass Communication, candidates should get through 10+2 examinations with minimum 75% marks in all the subjects but 85% score only in the English language.
DUET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for PG or Postgraduate Courses
- Candidates belonging to general category are required to secure 50% marks in aggregate on the contrary 45% marks are needed for the candidate from OBC or Other Backward Class category. Candidates belonging to SC or Schedule Caste and ST or Schedule Tribe category must obtain 40% marks in aggregate in graduation to get admission in LLB course.
- Same percentage of marks as mentioned above are required in the duration of three or five-year LLB courses to get admission in LLM programs.
- Candidates who want to get admission in MCA courses are required to get a total score of 60% qualifying marks in degree courses with the paper Mathematical Science as compulsory.
- To get admission in M. Com, candidates belonging to general category must get 50% marks in aggregate and candidates from OBC category should secure 45% whereas SC or ST candidates need to obtain 40% marks to pass graduation in commerce.
- 50% mark in graduation with B. Ed or BAB Ed or DEI Ed is required for the candidate who wants to get admission in programs M. Ed
DUET 2021 Application Process
To get admission for DUET 2021, candidates will have to follow and complete some procedures to sit for the examination. Steps to fill DUET 2021 Application form are given below.
Step1: Registration Process
- Visit the official website of DUET at www.du.ac.in to register themselves.
- Go to the registration tab and fill up all the information such as the name of the candidate, category, gender and date of birth
- Enter a valid email ID along with a Password
- Click on the “Register” button
Step2: Application Form Filling Process
- Enter the credential like User Name i.e registered email ID along with Password and verification code to log in to the admission portal on the official website of DUET
- Click on the link “UG Admission Portal 2021” for UG courses; “PG Admission Portal 2021” for PG courses and “M. Phil/PhD Admission Portal 2021” for M. Phil or PhD programs
- Fill up all the information of personal details and academic details in the application form
- Click on the “Submit” button
Step3: Documents Uploading Process
- Upload a scanned coloured passport size photograph and a scanned signature not more than 50KB in size and .jpg or.jpeg format
- Upload other scanned documents like 10+2-mark sheets along with a cast certificate.
Step4: Application Fee Payment Process
- Go to the payment option on the official site
- Pay the application fee of INR 250 for the candidates of general and OBC category and INR 100 for the candidates from SC or ST or PWD or ECA or Sports category via Debit Card or Credit Card or Net Banking or UPI for the admission in UG courses.
- Candidates from unreserved and OBC category need to pay the application fee of INR 750 whereas candidates from SC or ST or PWD or ECA or Sports category should pay the application fee of INR 300 through the same payment mode as mentioned above for the admission in PG courses.
- Application fee of INR 500 needs to be paid by the candidate from UR or OBC category considering that INR 250 should be paid by the rest of the candidate for the admission in MPhil or PhD programmes.
DUET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates should know the following DUET 2021 Exam Pattern before appearing the examination.
- DUET 2021 will be conducted through online mode and it contains 400 marks in total
- The duration for DUET 2021 is 2 hours
- The total number of questions is 100 that is MCQ type or Multiple-Choice Questions
- Each correct answer will bear 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Course||Duration||Number of Questions||Sections|
|BA (Hons) Humanities and Social Sciences||2 hours||100||General Awareness, Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Communicational Skills, Logical Reasoning, and Analytical Ability|
|BA Hons Multimedia and Mass Communication||2 hours||100||General Awareness, Media Awareness, Current Affairs, English Comprehension, Grammatical Skills, Analytical Skills|
|B.Tech (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovation)||2 hours||100||Mathematics, Reasoning, Analytical Skills|
How to Download DUET 2021 Admit Card?
Candidates need to download DUET 2021 Admit Card, on the given date announced by the authority, by following some steps given below.
- Go to the official website of DUET i.e www.du.ac.in
- Login to the site using credential
- Click on the tab “DUET 2021 Admit Card”
- DUET 2021 Admit Card will be displayed on the screen
- View and check the admit card
- Download the admit card in PDF format
- Take a print out of the same
DUET 2021 Exam Centers
DUET 2021 Exam Centers will be spread across all over the country. There will be a total of 18 exam centers for the exam. The list of DUET Exam Centers is tabulated below.
Documents to Carry at DUET Exam Center
There are certain documents mandatory to carry at the DUET exam center on the exam day. Below given is the list of the required documents.
- Printed Admit Card
- One Passport-sized Photograph
- Anyone Photo ID Proof (PAN card/ Driving License/ Voter ID card/ Passport/ Aadhaar Card (with photograph)/ Ration Card (with photograph)/ CGHS Card (with photograph))
- PwD Certificate issued by Competent Authority
List of Prohibited Items
- Any textual material,
- Docu Pen
- Slide Rules
- Log Tables
- Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator
- Printed or written material
- Bits of papers
- Mobile phone
- Blue-tooth devices or any other electronic gadget/ device etc
What is the Procedure to Check DUET 2021 Result?
On the date of the publication of the result, candidates must go to the website of DUET and follow some steps to download DUET 2021 Result or Score Card.
- Visit the official website of DUET at www.du.ac.in/
- Click on the tab “Candidate Login for Viewing Individual Result”
- Enter the login details like application number and date of birth
- Click on the “Login” button
- DUET 2021 Result will be displayed on the screen
- Check all the information printed on the scoreboard
- Download the scorecard and take a print out of it
DUET 2021 Cut Off
- DUET 2021 Cut Off score will be released after publishing the result.
- Cut off score is a minimum mark that must be secured by the candidate to be eligible for the counselling round.
- Cut off score for DUET 2021 is calculated based on various factors such as the number of candidates appeared in the examination, availability of the seat for the examination, the difficulty level of the examination paper, score secured by the candidate in DUET 2021 and reservation category.
- There are different cut off marks for a different level of courses.
DUET 2021 Counselling Process
- Candidates who have got through the examination can appear for the counselling session.
- DUET 2021 Counselling Process will be started after publishing the result and merit list. To appear in the counselling process candidates should follow all the procedures of the counselling such as admission form fill up, seat allotment process, documents verification process, payment of counselling fee, reallotment process.
- To confirm the seat for the seat allotment process, candidates need to pay the counselling fee.
- Candidates will be allotted the seat and the institute as per their preferences made during the application form filling process and successful payment of the counselling fee.
- On the day of the counselling, the candidate will have to report to the concerned institute with all the required documents to complete the verification process.
DUET 2021 FAQ
Ques. Do I need to register again for DUET 2021 Counselling Process?
Ans. Yes, you have to register again on the official website of DUET for the counselling process.
Ques. How shall I get the answer key for DUET 2021?
Ans. You will get the answer key from the official website of DUET by login to the site using the credential after the publishing the result
Ques. Can I re-evaluate the examination paper for DUET 2021 after the declaration and publishing the result?
Ans. No, you cannot re-evaluate the answer paper for DUET 2021.
Ques. What all the information shall I get from the merit list of DUET 2021?
Ans. The merit list will contain much information like the name of the candidate, percentage of the marks, overall rank of the candidate, roll number and marks obtained in the examination.
Ques. Is there any waiting list released for the candidate for DUET 2021?
Ans. Yes, if there are any vacant seats then a waiting list will be published.
Ques. How many sections are there in B. Tech Syllabus for DUET 2021?
Ans. There are three sections such as Mathematics, Analytical Ability, Reasoning in B. Tech syllabus.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.