FTII has released the list of candidates who has been selected for interview and audition rounds. FTII JET 2020 result was released on August 3, 2020 for the exam that was condcuted Feb 15 and Feb 16, 2020. It was held across the country with 26 exam centres for the students making it more accessible.
Latest: FTII JET 2020 Merit List has been released on October 9, 2020. Read more
- FTII consists of 100 questions depending upon the course. 1 mark is provided for every correct answer.
- The exam consists of objective type question and 3 hours are provided to complete the test. Check FTII Exam Pattern
- FTII was conducted across the country with 26 exam centres for the students making it more accessible. Check FTII Exam Center
- There are no specific nationality rules for a candidate. Students must have a bachelor’s degree otherwise.
- FTII Entrance Exam Results which was scheduled to be declared in 3rd Week of May 2020, now stands postponed until further notice.
- Counselling process will begin tentatively in September 2020. It includes Personal Interview, Orientation and Medical Test.
FTII Entrance Exam 2020 Highlights
|Conducting Body||Film and Television Institute of India|
|Mode of FTII 2020||Offline|
|Duration of FTII Entrance Exam||3 hours|
|Eligibility||Bachelors degree in any discipline|
|Courses offered||3 years, 2 years and 1-year diploma and other short term courses in Television and Filming|
|Number of Seats||72 postgraduate and certificate courses in film 40 postgraduate courses in television|
FTII Entrance Exam 2020 Dates
Film and Television Institute of India will announce the important dates for the entrance examination for admission to various postgraduate courses. Here is the list of important dates-
|FTII Application form will be available from||December 08, 2019|
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||January 31, 2020|
|Admit card||February 06, 2020|
|FTII Entrance Examination||February 15 -16, 2020|
|Result||August 31, 2020|
FTII Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility
AGE LIMIT- Candidate must be above 21 years of age. There is no upper limit specified by the Institute for candidates.
RESIDENTIAL CRITERIA/NATIONALITY- There are no nationality or residential criteria specified by the Institute. Candidate can belong to any nationality or can be a resident of any area.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS- Following are the Eligibility criteria given by the University for Different courses-
|Name of Specialization||Eligibility Criteria|
|Direction and Screen playwriting||Bachelors degree in any discipline|
|Cinematography||Bachelors degree in any discipline|
|Editing||Bachelors degree in any discipline|
|Sound recording and Sound Design||Bachelors degree in any discipline with physics as a subject at senior secondary level 10+2|
|Art Direction and Production design||Bachelor’s degree in applied arts, architecture, sculpture, interior design or related fields in fine arts or equivalent diploma in any of the above|
|Acting||Bachelors degree in any discipline|
|Feature Film Screenplay Writing||Bachelors degree in any discipline|
FTII Entrance Exam 2020 Application Form
Applicants can apply online and register themselves through the official website of FTII- http://www.ftiindia.com/. Follow the below-mentioned steps to fill the application form-
- Log onto the official website of FTII
- Click on the APPLY ONLINE link available on the page.
- Click on APPLICATION FORM option from the list.
- Fill the application form online with your particular details which include-
- Candidates Name
- Parent’s details
- Address and Phone Number
- Academic Qualification
- Course Details
- Demand Draft Number
- Issuing Bank
- Take a print out of the application form and attach the following documents with the same-
- 2 passport size photographs 4.5x3.5 cm
- Demand Draft
- Declaration by parents/Guardian and by students.
- Photocopy of required certificates.
After you attach the required certificates and documents, submit your application form to “The Controller of Examination, Film and Television Institute of India, Law of college road, Pune- 411 004”
- Payment can be made through demand draft in the name of the Institute.
- A Demand Draft drew on any nationalized bank in favour of Film and Television Institute of India payable at Pune.
- Don’t forget to write the demand draft number in the application form.
- Take a print out of the draft for future reference.
FTII Entrance Exam 2020 Admit Card
Admit card for FTII Entrance Test 2020 was released on February 06, 2020. Aspirants can download the admit card through the official website of FTII.
- Log onto the official website of FTII.
- Fill in your name and application number in the box provided.
- Click on download admit card option from the page.
- Download the admit card and keep it for future use.
Admit card contains some of your very important details which include-
- Candidates Name
- Candidates Photograph
- Registration Number
- Date of Examination
- Name of Examination
- The venue of Center for the Exam
- Important instructions related to FTII 2020 Admit Card
It is very important to carry the Admit card along to the exam center as without it; examination coordinator will not allow the student to enter come what may.
FTII Entrance Exam 2020 Exam Center
Film and Television Institute of India allocate the examination center to the students according to candidates reach and easiness.
There are total 26 examination centers allocated to students every year. Number of Exam center may vary every year as it depends on the number of students appearing for the exam.
Exam centers for FTII are spread across different states across the country for the convenience of students to appear for the examination. Check center list below:
FTII Entrance Exam Pattern
FTII gives a brief about the entrance exam for admissions only. Here is the exam pattern for FTII Entrance Exam 2020:
- Question paper comprises 100 objective type questions in total.
- Paper is qualifying in nature and each right answer is awarded 1 mark.
- 3 hours are given to a candidate for completing the paper.
- Entrance exam is usually held between 10 pm to 1 pm
FTII Entrance Exam 2020 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
FTII Entrance Exam 2020 Syllabus
FTII Entrance Exam 2020 has no such specific syllabus for the courses and examination with regard to film and television. Since majority of the courses offered by FTII are skilled based or performing art subjects there is no bound syllabus for the exam
There are questions from general knowledge and general mental ability. One should be aware of the socio-economic developments that are going around like awards and recognition, countries and happenings in them etc.
FTII Entrance Exam 2020 Result
Sheets will be scanned and scored and the results will be prepared on the basis of separate merit list by FTII. The FTII JET 2020 Exam Results has been released on August 31, 2020. Following is the procedure to check it-
- Log onto the official website of FTII http://www.ftiindia.com/.
- CLICK on the RESULTS option available on the NOTICE BOARD.
- Choose your course for which you gave the exam.
- Your results will appear in front of you in a PDF format.
- Download and save your scorecard for future reference.
There are a few factors that influence the merit list prepared by the authority holders. Here are a few factors affecting the merit List-
- Number of students that will appear for the entrance test.
- Marks scored by the candidates.
- The difficulty level of examination
- Merit list trends in previous years
- Intake of candidates in every course in the university.
- Reservation of seats according to the university reservation policy.
FTII Entrance Exam 2020 Merit List
Based on the performance of written and oral examination, a final merit list is prepared by the Institute for the selection of candidates.
Result-1 is prepared on the basis of written examination and auditions which carry a weightage of 50%.
Result 2- is followed by after it and is done on the basis of Orientation and Interview.
Final merit list will be prepared on the basis of 1st and 2nd result lists each carrying 50% weigtage in subject to qualifying on medical test.
FTII Entrance Exam 2020 Counselling
After the results are announced, candidates must reach the allotted venue on the given time for counselling and further admission process.
The Counselling process will be held by the end of July 2020 and consists of 2 rounds of personal interview and orientation. The process is further followed by a Medical test of candidate which leads to final selection.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.