IIIT Hyderabad PGEE 2019 Application Form (Available), Eligibility, Syllabus and Cut off
IIITH PGEE (International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad Post Graduate Entrance Examination) is a national level exam conducted by IIIT Hyderabad. It is conducted for admission into Postgraduate and Research programs. This year, IIITH PGEE 2019 will be held on April 28, 2019.
Latest: Candidates can fill the application form till March 23, 2019. Apply Now
- The candidates must check the eligibility criteria of the exam, before filling the application form. Check IIITH PGEE Eligibility
- The candidates have to pay an amount of INR 2000+ INR 50 (for every additional course) through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
- There are a total of 2 papers- each of 90 minutes duration. Check IIITH PGEE Exam Pattern
- Paper 1 is a general aptitude paper while Paper 2 is a subjective paper.
- The candidates must carry the IIITH PGEE 2019 Admit Card to the IIITH PGEE Exam Center.
- The IIITH PGEE Result will be announced in May 2019 on the official website of IIIT Hyderabad.
IITH PGEE 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||IITH PGEE|
|Conducting Authority||IIIT Hyderabad|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||INR 2000|
|Course||M.Tech., M.S., Ph.D|
IIITH PGEE 2019 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the official scheduled of the exam tabulated below:
|Commencement of IIITH PGEE 2019 Application Process||February 12, 2019|
|Last date of submission of IIITH PGEE 2019 Application Form||March 23, 2019|
|Download of Admit Card||April 2019|
|IIITH PGEE Exam Date||April 28, 2019|
|IIITH PGEE Result||May 2019|
|IIITH PGEE Counselling||June 2019|
IIITH PGEE 2019 Eligibility
The candidates must check the IIITH PGEE 2019 Eligibility carefully before beginning the IIITH PGEE 2019 Application Process. The IIITH PGEE 2019 offers admissions to the candidates in various post graduate programmes. The IIITH PGEE 2019 Eligibility includes the minimum age requirement and the minimum marks required to qualify for the IIITH PGEE 2019.
- For M. Tech programmes, candidates must have completed or going to complete BE/B. Tech/B. Arch/MCA/Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Computer Science/IT by July 2019.
- For M.S by Research and PhD programmes, candidates must have completed or going to complete M.Tech/ME by July 2019. The candidates who are eligible for M.Tech programme are eligible to apply for these courses as well.
- The candidates who have completed or are going to complete their Masters in Social Science or Humanities by July 2019 are eligible to apply only for the PhD programmes in Spatial Informatics and Exact Humanities.
IIITH PGEE 2019 Application Process
The IIITH PGEE 2019 Application Process commences from February 12, 2019 and will end by March 23, 2019. The IIITH PGEE 2019 Application Process is an online process. The candidates must submit the IIITH PGEE 2019 Application Form by the last date to ensure the candidature.
The candidates are required to fill two 2 Registration Forms namely Pre-Registration Form and Main Registration Form. The candidates have to pay an amount of INR 2000+ INR 50 (for every additional course) through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking. The steps followed for the IIITH PGEE 2019 Application Process are given below:
1) Form Filling
2) Uploading the Documents
3) Application Edit
4) Fee Payment
IIITH PGEE 2019 Admit Card
IIITH PGEE 2019 Admit Card will be available for download on the admission portal of IIIT Hyderabad PGEE 2019 from April 16, 2019 onwards. Candidate has to download the PDF copy of the admit card and take its printout. It is mandatory for a candidate to carry the Admit Card to the IIIT PGEE 2019 Exam Center. To download IIIT PGEE 2019 Admit Card a candidate have to follow these steps:
- Open the Admission portal of PGEE 2019 on or after April, 2019.
- Click on the given link ‘To download PGEE 2019 Admit cards click here’.
- Once the candidate clicks on the link, a new window opens.
- Enter the IIIT PGEE 2019 Application number and Identification code.
- Click on the option ‘Download’.
- A PDF file is generated once a candidate clicks on download button.
- Save the IIIT PGEE 2019 Admit Card and take its printout.
IIITH PGEE 2019 Exam Pattern
IIITH PGEE 2019 is scheduled for April 28, 2019 at the allotted exam center. Candidates can check the exam pattern of IIITH PGEE 2019 before starting their preparation for the IIITH PGEE 2019 examination. It is an offline examination i.e. pen and paper based of 3 hour duration. There are a total of 2 papers- each of 90 minutes duration.
IIITH PGEE exam pattern comprises of 2 Papers: Paper 1 & Paper 2. The medium of the IIITH PGEE 2019 is English Language. There is No Negative Marking in the IIITH PGEE 2019 examination. Paper 1 is a general aptitude paper while Paper 2 is a subjective paper. The basic description of the topics or subjects included in both the papers is mentioned below:
General Aptitude (Paper 1)
This is a compulsory paper of 90 minutes duration with 45 questions for every candidate. The candidates are awarded 1 mark each for every correct answer. The candidates must obtain a minimum score in this paper to qualify for the subject based paper of IIITH PGEE 2019. The candidates are checked on the following topics in this paper:
- Basic Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Basic Questions on Computers
Subject Based (Paper 2)
The candidates who obtain minimum cut off score in paper 1 qualify for the paper 2. This paper will be a subjective paper based on the subjects studied by the candidate in the graduation. It is a 90 minutes duration examination with 25 questions. The candidate is rewarded 1 mark for every correct answer. The subjects covered under this paper are mentioned below:
- Computer Science
- Electronics and Communication Engineering- Part A- Electronics and Part B- Signal Processing and Communication. This subject includes both objective and subjective type questions. The candidates are selected for the interview based on the score obtained in both the parts.
- Structural Engineering
- PGEE for Center of Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics, Hyderabad (CCNSB) - It is an objective type paper. The candidates may attempt any one section out of the Major Part or Minor Part. The sections included in the paper are Physics, Chemistry and Biology and Bioinformatics.
- Computational Linguistics
IIITH PGEE 2019 Result
The candidates can check the IIITH PGEE Result on the official website of IIITH. The IIITH PGEE 2019 Result will be declared in May, 2019. The candidates must secure the Registration ID and Identification Code generated during the IIITH PGEE application process. The steps which are followed to check the IIITH PGEE 2019 Result are as follows:
- Open the official website of IIIT, Hyderabad
- Click on the tab ‘IIITH PGEE Result 2019’
- Enter the Application Number and Identification Code in the provided blank fields.
- Click on ‘Next’ after verifying the details carefully.
- The IIITH PGEE 2019 Result is displayed on the screen.
- Print the same for future reference.
IIITH PGEE 2019 Counselling
The IIITH PGEE 2019 Counselling will be held from June, 2019 onwards. The details related to the IIITH PGEE 2019 Counselling is mentioned below:
- The candidate is required to login and download the IIITH PGEE 2019 Counselling Call Letter. The candidates who secure the minimum qualifying marks will receive the IIITH PGEE 2019 Counselling Call Letter.
- The IIITH PGEE 2019 Counselling Call Letter contains the schedule for the interview and admissions.
- The candidates are required to carry all the documents in original and a set of copies of the same for IIITH PGEE 2019 Counselling.
- The candidates who qualify the interview and the document verification process are eligible for the admissions.
- The candidates receive a seat allotment letter if they are eligible for the admissions.
- The candidates who are interested in taking admissions may accept the letter and pay the related fee to confirm the admissions.
- The GATE 2019 qualifying candidates may be given scholarship as per the guidelines.
- The candidates claiming a seat in IIIT, Hyderabad must report to the institute on the specified date for commencement of classes.
IIITH PGEE 2019 Reference Books
The table below mentions the books that you can refer for Computational Linguistics:
|Name of The Book||Author|
|An intro to Language and Communication||Robert M Harnish, Ann K Farmer, Richard A DeMers, Adrian Akmajian, Akmajian, Harnish DeMers Farmer|
|Natural Language Processing||Sangal Rajeev, Bharati Akshar, Chaitanya Vineet|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College