IIMC Entrance Exam 2018 Registration, Exam Date, Syllabus
Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) Entrance Exam is a university-level test for admission toPG Diploma courses in mass communication. The exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Mass Communication. The exam is scheduled for May 26 & 27 in offline mode. A total of 430 seats are offered in across various courses in 6 campuses.
Registration for IIMC Entrance Exam 2018 will close on May 01. Candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline to appear for the exam.
IIMC 2018 results will be declared in the last week of June and the GD/PI will in the first week of July. Candidates will secure the seat based on their performance in IIMC entrance test and GD/PI.
Highlights of IIMC Exam 2018
|Exam Name||IIMC Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Mass Communication|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Mode of Exam||Paper Pen|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Courses Offered||PG diploma in journalism|
|Number of Seats||430|
Contact: 011-26741352, 26742920, 26741073; Ext. 240
Official notification announcing the timeline to be followed by IIMC Exam 2018 was released on March 14. The table below enlists all the important dates related to the exam:
|Sale of application forms begins from||March 20, 2018|
|Last date for sale and receipt of Application Form||May 01, 2018|
|Entrance Examination for Odia/Urdu/Marathi/ Malayalam Journalism||May 26, 2018|
|Entrance Examination for PG Diploma Course in Journalism Hindi/ English , Radio & TV Journalism and Advertising & Public Relations||May 27, 2018|
|Interview dates||Last week of June/first week of July 2018|
|Academic session begins||Last week of July/First week of August 2018|
IIMC Entrance Exam 2018 Schedule
|Name of Course||Date||Time|
|PG Diploma Course in Journalism (Hindi/English)||May 27, 2018||9 am – 11 am|
|PG Diploma Course in Radio & TV Journalism||May 27, 2018||12 noon – 2 pm|
|PG Diploma Course in Advertising and Public Relations||May 27, 2018||3 pm – 5 pm|
|PG Diploma Course in Journalism (Urdu/Odia/Marathi/ Malayalam)||May 26, 2018||9 am – 11 am|
IIMC Exam 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For students from the general category, the date of birth should be August 1, 1993, or later.
- For the SC/ST/handicapped students, the date of birth should be August 1, 1988, or later.
- For OBC candidates' date of birth should be August 1, 1990, or later.
- An applicant should be a graduate in any discipline.
- Students appearing for their final year examinations can also appear for the entrance test, showing their final year mark sheet/provisional certificate by August 31, 2018.
How to fill IIMC Entrance Exam 2018 Application Form?
Candidates can perform the following steps to fill IIMC Entrance Exam 2018 Application Form:
- Visit the official website of IIMC iimc.nic.in
- Click on “Online Application form for all PG Diploma Courses 2018-19” in the news feed.
- Click on – ‘New Registration’
- Fill and upload all the details asked in the application form and then click on ‘Submit’
- Pay the application fee using Netbanking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the submitted form for future reference.
- Obtain the application form from the campus or official website.
- Fill in the required details such as personal details, academic details and contact details.
- Attach the completely filled application form along with the demand draft of required amount.
- Send the application form and a demand draft of the application fee on or before May 01, 2018.
The Additional Director General (T&A)
Indian Institute of Mass Communication
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg
Payment of Fee
The application fee can either be paid online or offline while purchasing the form from the campus or through a demand draft of the said amount.
Read More about IIMC Application Form 2018
Details asked in IIMC Exam 2018 Application Form
The following details are asked in the IIMC Entrance Exam Application Form. Candidates must fill all the details carefully and accurately as any mistakes will result in the cancellation of the form.
|Details for Course Applied & Center||Applicant Details||Applicant Guardian Details||Education Qualification Details|
|Name of Post Graduate Diploma Course||Name Of Applicant||Guardian's Name||Graduation|
|Choice Examination Center||Date of Birth||Guardian's Mobile No||Board/University|
|Medium of Exam||Gender||Profession of Guardian||Passing year|
|Work Experience Details||Nationality||Annual Family Income||Percentage|
|Designation Name||Category||-||Name of School/College|
|Name of Institution||Address||-||Name of the degree|
|Duties performed||Mobile Number||-||-|
IIMC Exam Pattern 2018
There is no fixed exam pattern for IIMC Exam. However, candidates are evaluated on the following aspects:
|For Journalism Programme||For Advertising and Public Relations|
|General Awareness||Aptitude and Mental Makeup|
|Analytical & Comprehension Skills||General Awareness|
|Aptitude and Mental Makeup||Analytical& Comprehension Skills|
|Language Capability||Quantification Skills|
|International Development||Language Capability|
|-||Brand Awareness and recall|
|-||Lateral thinking capabilities|
Read More about IIMC Entrance Exam Pattern & Syllabus
IIMC Entrance Exam 2018 Admit Card
IIMC Entrance Exam Admit Card can only be downloaded from the official website of IIMC. No candidate will receive the Admit card via e-mail or post. IIMC will release the Admit card to only those candidates who have successfully filled the application form with the payment of fees on time. The steps to download IIMC 2018 Admit Card are given below:
- Visit the official website i.e. iimc.nic.in
- Applicants need to select the course, enter Date of Birth, Mobile No. or Application No. correctly.
- Online Applicants need to select the course, enter the Unique ID, Date of Birth.
- Click ‘Submit’ button and ‘Download Admit Card’ link will appear.
- Click on the link, ‘IIMC Admit Card’ will be displayed.
- Save and print the Admit Card to appear in the IIMC Entrance Test 2018.
|Information on Admit card|
|Name of candidate||Address of examination center|
|Candidate’s father and mother name||Date of examination|
|Candidate’s date of birth||Timing of examination|
|Photograph of candidate||Roll number|
|Signature of candidate||Registration number|
Note: All candidates should bring with them HB Pencil and eraser etc. for the entrance examination. If any candidate does not have/ misplaced the unique ID number, immediately contact at 011-26742069 between 10 AM to 5 PM from Monday to Saturday.
Read More about IIMC Entrance Exam 2018 Admit Card
IIMC Exam 2018 Exam Centers
IIMC Entrance Exam 2018 will be conducted in the following cities:
|Journalism (Hindi/English), RTV Journalism and Ad & PR||Regional Language Journalism|
IIMC Entrance Exam 2018 Result & Selection Process
Indian Institute of Mass Communication will release the result in the month of June 2018. Candidates can check and download their result online from the official website. Steps to download NIMCET 2018 Score Card:
- Go to the official website of NIMCET 2018
- Login using Registration number and Date of Birth
- View/download scorecard
- Print scorecard
- Aspirants who clear the written exam then need to appear for the group discussion/ personal interview round. Interview dates will be published by the 3rd week of June.
- The weightage for the written examination and the interview/ group discussion will be 85:15.
- Candidates passing the group discussion/ personal interview round will then be eligible to take admission at any college accepting IIMC entrance exam 2018 ranks/scores.
- After all the admission rounds are conducted a merit list will be released by IIMC (Indian Institute of Mass Communication) with names and other details of shortlisted candidates.
IIMC Seat Break up & Tuition Fee
|Name of Course||Tuition Fee||Seats||Campus|
|Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (English)||79,000/-||62||Delhi|
|Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Hindi)||79,000/-||62||Delhi|
|Post-graduate Diploma Course in Radio & TV Journalism||1,45,000/-||46||Delhi|
|Post-graduate Diploma Course in Advertising and Public Relations||1,12,000/-||70||Delhi|
|Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Odia)||43,000/-||23||Dhenkanal|
|Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Urdu)||43,000/-||15||Delhi|
|Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Marathi)||43,000/-||15||Amravati|
|Post-graduate Diploma Course in Journalism (Malayalam)||43,000/-||15||Kottayam|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College