Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 or Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination (PECE) is a state-level entrance exam which is organised by the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) every year. This year the exam will be held tentatively in April 2021 through offline mode. Students can complete their Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Registrations from the third week of March 2021 until the third week of April 2021. Check Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Application Process
- Through this entrance exam, candidates get the opportunities for admission in government & private polytechnic institutions in the Jharkhand State for various Engineering & Non-Engineering diploma programmes.
- Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Eligibility requires Class 10th qualified candidates with a minimum score of 35% marks.
- Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 counselling and selection process is based on the merit list released by the board.
- Candidates can check the eligibility, syllabus, exam dates etc. before appearing for the exam from this article.
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2020 Latest Updates
JCECEB has released Jharkhand Polytechnic (PCECE) 2021 Provisional Merit List for Final Vacancy Round Counselling on January 6, 2020. Final Merit List will be declared on January 8, 2021. Check Jharkhand Polytechnic 2020 Merit List
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Highlights
The key information about the Jharkhand Polytechnic for session 2021-22 are mentioned below:
|Jharkhand Polytechnic Full Form||Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination (PECE)|
|Conducting Body||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB)|
|Exam Level||State-Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Question Type||Objective type|
|Application Fee||Rs. 650/- for general candidates and Rs. 325/- for SC/ ST candidates|
|Total Seats Offered||10790|
|Number of Exam Centres||Seven districts|
|Jharkhand Polytechnic Helpline||+91-9264473891, 9264473893|
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Exam Dates
Expected schedule for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Exam is mentioned below:
|Events||Tentative Dates 2021|
|Registration Start||3rd week of March 2021|
|Last date to apply||3rd week of April 2021|
|Admit card Release||4th week of April 2021|
|PECE Exam Date||Last week of April 2021|
|Answer key Release||May 2021|
|Result Release||2nd week of June 2021|
|Starting of Counselling process||4th week of June 2021|
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Courses Offered
Jharkhand Polytechnic offers admission to a number of diploma courses offered at various polytechnic institutions in Jharkhand. Some of the courses offered through Jharkhand Polytechnic are:
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering AutoMobile
- Architecture Assistantship
- Medical Lab Technology
- Electronics Communication Engineering
- Electronics Electrical Engineering
- Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- Food Technology
- Travel & Tourism
- Computer Engineering & Application
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Eligibility
Candidates must check Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 eligibility criteria before applying:
|Nationality||Candidate should be Indian|
|Age Criteria||There is no upper or lower age limit for the candidates to apply. But, for mining engineering candidate should be between 17 – 20 years old as on 1st July 2021|
|Domicile||Student must be a local or permanent domicile of the state of Jharkhand|
|Qualifying Exam||Candidate must qualify 10th level or its equivalent from a recognized board|
|Qualifying Marks||Candidates must qualify 10th level by securing at least of 35% marks|
|Appearing candidates||Students who are appearing in 10th board exam or waiting for 10th level result can apply. But must qualify 10th board exam with required minimum marks|
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Application Form
To fill Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Application Form, candidates should follow the following steps. The application form will be available from the third week of March 2021:
STEP 1: Registration
- Candidates must visit the official website of JCECEB at www.jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in.
- Then click on the box ‘Click Here for All Online Application Submission- JCECEB 2020’.
- Next click on ‘Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination-2020 (P.E.C.E.)’.
- Then go for ‘New registration’.
- Personal information like Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Category, Mobile Number, and Email ID must be filled.
- Then the candidate must click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Registration ID will generate for the candidate which must be noted.
STEP 2: Application Submission
- Successfully registered candidate must visit the website at www.jceceb.cbtexam.in/Home/ListofExam.aspx
- Then click on ‘Already Registered User.
- Login ID and Password must be entered.
- After clicking the ‘Submit’ button all the relevant personal details, educational qualification details, and communication details should be filled.
- By entering all the correct details click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- All the details should be filled up correctly because there is no scope for correction.
STEP 3: Upload Documents
- A scanned passport size photograph, candidate signature, and left thumb impression of file size above 50 Kb must be uploaded.
- The ‘Proceed’ button must be clicked after uploading documents correctly.
STEP 4: Fee Payment
- An application fee must be filled at the end of online application submission.
- Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Application fee for General, OBC, Scheduled Caste (SC) /Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates as well as female candidates is different.
|General and Other Backward Class (OBC)||INR 650|
|Schedule Caste (SC), Schedule Tribe (ST) and Female candidates||INR 325|
- Application fee must be paid through any payment methods like a credit card, debit card, Net-banking, e-Challan, etc.
Candidates need to fill up the following details in the application form:
- Name of candidate
- Parent’s Name
- Type of Resident
- Person with Disability
- Type of Relevant
- Annual Family Income
- Muslim Minority (Yes/No)
- Aadhar Number
- Exam City Preference
- Academic Details
- Communication Details
- Candidates must take a print out of the duly filled Application form for future references.
- They must retain the mobile number and E-mail ID till the completion of the examination process
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Exam Center
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 will be conducted in the districts mentioned below:
- Chaibasa and
Before selecting the exam centre candidates must keep the points mentioned below in mind:
- Candidates are allowed to select two preferred locations of examination centre of their own.
- Exam centre will allot depending on the complete conducting authority.
- Candidates cannot request to change in the exam centre after allotment.
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Admit Card
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website of JCECEB. No hard copy of admit card will be sent to the candidate by courier or post. The steps to download admit card are mentioned below:
- Candidates must visit the official website of JCECEB - http://jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in/Default.aspx
- Then click on ‘Admit Card’ tab at the top row of the webpage
- Registration ID should be entered.
- ‘Submit’ button should be clicked.
- After that admit card will appear on the screen. From there it can be downloaded.
The following information will be mentioned in Jharkhand Polytechnic Admit Card:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s Photograph and signature
- Date of Birth
- Name of Examination
- Date of Examination
- Address of Examination Centre
- Time of examination
- Registration ID
Candidates must keep points mentioned below in mind:
- Candidates must check the admit card carefully and any discrepancies must be conducting body must be reported immediately.
- Candidates will not be permitted to enter into examination centre without admit card.
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Exam Pattern
PECE 2021 will be conducted as an offline exam for a duration of 150 minutes. The table below mentions Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Exam Pattern:
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Medium of Test||English and Hindi|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks deducted for every incorrect answer|
|Duration of Exam||150 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes)|
|Sections in Paper||There are three sections such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
Marks division of each section is mentioned below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||150 questions||150 Marks|
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Syllabus
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Syllabus include three sections such as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates should go through the syllabus before appearing exam.
Syllabus for Physics sections of Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 is mentioned below:
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Power and Energy
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Heat and Thermal Expansion
- Rotatory Motion of a Rigid Body
- Simple Harmonic Motion
- Reflection of Light
- Refraction of Light
- Optical Instruments
- Current Electricity
- Transmission of Heat
- Wave Motion
- Electromagnetic Induction
Syllabus for Chemistry sections of Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 is mentioned below:
- Mixtures and Compounds
- Molecular and Equivalent Masses
- Group Elements
- Important Chemical Compounds
- Acids, Bases, Salt and Hydrolysis
- Different Chemical Reactions
- Periodic Classification of Elements
- Laws of Chemical Combination and Gas Laws
- Atomic Structure
- Concept of Atomic
- Detergents, Drugs and Explosives.
Syllabus for Mathematics sections of Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 is mentioned below:
- Number System
- Time and Distance
- Rational Expressions
- Linear Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- HCF and LCM
- Time and Work
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest
- Relations and Functions
- Trigonometric Rations and Identities
- Trigonometrical Formula
- Heights and Distances
- Area, Volume and Surface Area
- Rectangular Co-ordinates
- The Straight Line
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Preparation Tips
Students must follow the following preparation tips to prepare for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021:
- Students must go through the complete syllabus & exam pattern for the exam.
- Sample papers & previous year papers must be solved and practised.
- A timetable for the exam should be prepared and follow it.
- Speed and accuracy of the candidates should be checked by attempting mock tests.
- Notes for the exam must be prepared and revise it.
- Collect good study material and practised it for the exam.
Some important books for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 are mentioned below:
|Name of books||Author’s name|
|Jharkhand Polytechnic Guide Hindi 2021||Arihant|
|Jharkhand Polytechnic Entrance Examination||Dr. Lal and Jain|
|Jharkhand Polytechnic Pravesh Pariksha||-|
|Jharkhand Polytechnic 12 Practice Sets||GKP|
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Answer Key
The downloading process of Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Answer Key is mentioned below:
- Candidate must visit the official website of JCECE.
- Then click on that link for downloading the answer key.
- Then download the answer sheet in PDF format.
- In case of any objection, answer keys can be sent through email ID -firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates can also submit objection(s) in the given address till the last date:
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Result
- Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Result will be declared tentatively in the month of June 2021 through online mode.
- Candidates will check their result from the official website.
- A merit list of the candidates is placed in order of ranking. Category-wise merit list will be given.
- Counselling section will be done based on the merit list.
Steps to check Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Result are mentioned below:
- Candidate must visit the official JCECEB website - http://jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in/Default.aspx
- Then click on ‘Result’ tab of the webpage
- Then select ‘Polytechnic Entrance Competitive Examination – 2020’
- Roll/Application Number must be entered
- Then the ‘Search’ button must be clicked
- From there scorecard will be downloaded.
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Counselling
Candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be eligible for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 counselling rounds. Information related to the counselling process will also be provided on the JCECEB website.
- The counselling will be conducted at the specified centres and at the specified time.
- Usually, three rounds of Counselling are conducted, but the final decision on the number of Counselling rounds depends on the number of seats that remain vacant after each Counselling round
- The candidate receiving Counselling notification will have to submit a Challan through Post Office
- Challan amount for candidates belonging to General and OBC category is INR 400, while female and SC/ST candidates will have to pay INR 250.
- Seats will be given to the candidates after successful document verification based on their choice.
- Address of JCECEB for Counselling is:
Documents required for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Counselling are:
- Admit card, mark sheet and passing certificate of Secondary/10th or equivalent examination
- Certificate of Residence issued by Subdivision Officer
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate issued by Subdivision Officer
- Physical Handicap Certificate, along with a full-body photograph, issued by Civil Surgeon of District Hospital (if applicable)
- 1 passport size photograph
- Admit card of Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021
- Call Letter for Counselling (if issued by JCECEB)
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Cut off
Candidates can make an idea about cut off from previous year information:
|Candidates Marks||Cut Off|
|Above 80||Below 100|
|70 – 80||100 – 200|
|60 – 70||200 – 350|
|50 – 60||350 – 700|
|40 – 50||700 – 1300|
|Less than 40||More than 1300|
Cut off marks are provided on basis of CML (Combined Merit List) rank by the authority. Previous year cut off is mentioned below:
|Category and Round||CML Rank Range|
|All Categories candidates for second round counselling||1||500|
|All Categories candidates for second round counselling||1||2000|
The selection rules for the candidates in case of a tie between two candidates having the same number:
- Based on marks obtained in Mathematics
- Based on marks obtained in Physics
- Based on the date of birth of candidate
- Based on the name of candidate (alphabetic order)
Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 FAQs
Ques. Is there any correction options available after submitting Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 application form?
No, there is no correction options available after submitting Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 application form. So, candidates need to fill up the application form carefully.
Ques. Is there any scope for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 application fees relaxation for female candidates?
No, there is no scope for application fees relaxation for female candidates. SC/ST candidates must pay the amount of Rs. 325/- and General/ OBC (I/II) must pay Rs. 650/- as an application fee while filling their PECE 2021 Application Form.
Ques. Are the candidates from other states able to apply for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021?
No, candidates of local/ permanent resident of Jharkhand only can apply for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021. Other states candidates are not eligible for the same.
Ques. Can candidates change the allotted diploma branch after admission through Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021?
If any candidate wants to change the branch allotted to them through Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021, they must appear for second round of counselling. No change in diploma branch will be done after the admission.
Ques. Can candidates get a refund of application fees in case of cancellation of Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 application form?
No, candidates cannot get a refund of application fees in case of cancellation of Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 application form.
Ques. What should be done in case of any discrepancies in Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 admit card?
For any discrepancy in Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 admit card, one should contact the board’s office immediately.
Ques. What is the fees for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 counselling?
Fees for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 counselling is not declared yet. From previous year information, INR 400 should be deposited for General and OBC category candidates and INR 250 should be deposited for females, SC/ ST candidates.
Ques. Will Jharkhand Polytechnic exam conducted online for session 2021-22?
No, Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 will be conducted as an offline exam and answers will be only marked on OMR sheet with blue/ black ballpoint pen.
Ques. What are the languages for Jharkhand Polytechnic Exam?
Jharkhand Polytechnic Exam will be conducted in two languages Hindi and English.
Ques. Will Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 be conducted only for Engineering courses?
Ans. No, Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 is conducted for Engineering as well as Non-Engineering courses as listed below:
|Electrical Engineering||Architecture Assistantship|
|Civil Engineering||Medical Lab Technology|
|Mechanical Engineering||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Hotel Management & Catering Technology|
|Electronics & Electrical||Metallurgical|
|Automobile Engineering||Food Technology|
|Mining Engineering||Travel & Tourism|
|Computer Engineering & Application||Mechanical Engineering Auto Mobile|
Ques. What is the application mode for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021?
Ans. Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 Application Form are available both online and offline. For online, applications will be available at JCECEB portal. For hardcopy of the forms, candidates can get them for Main/ Sub/ Grand post offices of Jharkhand.
Ques. In case I face any issues during the online/ offline application form filling, whom should I contact?
Ans. In case of any technical issue or application form related problem, candidates can contact at the helpline numbers – 9264473893, 264473891.
Q4. What is the minimum qualification required to appear for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021?
Ans. Aspirants must have passed class 10th (SSC) with at least 35% marks in aggregate.
Ques. Are there any age limit criteria for the aspirants?
Ans. As per the official notification, there is no age limit for Jharkhand Polytechnic. But, for Mining Engineering course, candidates must have attained at least 17 years of age before July 1, 2020.
Ques. Is there any penalty for wrong answers in the test?
Ans. Yes, for every correct answer candidates will be awarded 1 mark but for every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Q9. I have passed SSC from Rajasthan, am I eligible to apply for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021?
Ans. No. The exam conducting body has laid down certain residential criteria for Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 aspirants which are listed below (any one of the following):
- They should be a permanent resident of Jharkhand
- Ward of an employee of Central Government working in Jharkhand
- Ward of an employee of State Governments working in Jharkhand or organization recognized by State Government
Ques. What are the documents required to fill Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 application form while being online?
Ans. Candidates will require a scanned copy of following documents to fill the form:
- Thumb impression
Ques. How can Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 application fees be paid?
Ans. Application fee can be paid either online through Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit card or offline through e-challan.
Ques. Where should I submit the offline Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 application form?
Ans. Candidates must submit the offline Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 application forms along with the documents and application fee at the address mentioned below:
Ques. What are Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 exam centers?
Ans. Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 will be conducted at various exam centers in following cities:
Ques. After submission of Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 application form, am I eligible to change the examination centre preference?
Ans. No, in any situation candidates cannot apply for a change of Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 exam centre after the submission of application form.
Ques. What are the documents I will require during Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 counselling?
Ans. Candidates will require following original as well as a photocopy of the documents during Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 counselling:
- Admit Card of PECE
- SSC Admit Card
- SSC Mark sheet and passing certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate issued by Subdivision Officer (if applicable)
- PWD certificate (if applicable)
- Passport size photograph
Ques. I have misprinting issues in my Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 admit card. Whom should I contact?
Ans. Candidates in case of any misprinting issues in admit card must immediately contact the helpline numbers. The corrections must be made before the exam. Candidates are themselves not allowed to make any changes in admit card.
Ques. I want to apply for more than one course. Do I need to fill separate Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 application form?
Ans. Yes, candidates can fill only one course in a single form. To appear for other courses, they must fill different form.
Ques. I was not able to appear for Jharkhand Polytechnic exam. Is the application fee refundable?
Ans. No, Jharkhand Polytechnic 2021 application fee is not refundable in any situation.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.