Kerala University MBA admission process consists of a national level entrance interview admission into the various MBA programmes in the IMK Kariavattom Campus and at University Institutes of Management (UIM). Earlier, the exam was at university level which has now been abolished. The admission process now consists of just an interview, and the scores of KMAT, CMAT or CAT will be considered.
To register at Kerala University, candidates will have to apply through the official website. Candidates with Bachelor’s degree can apply at admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in. The application fee for all categories is INR 500.
- All registered candidates who provided valid score cards are invited through SMS/email to participate in the Group Discussion and Interview rounds to be held based on their choice of course/centre at Trivandrum, Adoor and Alappuzha.
- A provisional rank list will then be published by Kerala University.
- The merit list is prepared with Entrance Test (80% weightage), Group Discussion (10% weightage) and Interview (10% weightage).
- Final selection is done on the basis of the overall performance of the candidate.
- Selected candidates will then be called for counselling.
KU CAT 2021 Highlights
|Name of Exam||Kerala University Common Admission Test|
|Name of Organization||Kerala University|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||INR 500|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
KU CAT 2021 Exam Dates
|Last date of submitting the application form||First week of June, 2021|
|Group Discussion and Personal Interview||First week of July, 2021|
|Release date of provisional rank list||Second week of July, 2021|
|Counselling dates||Last week of July, 2021|
|Commencement of classes||First week of August, 2021|
Kerala University 2021 Eligibility
Candidates who wish to appear for KU CAT 2021 must know the eligibility criteria of the entrance examination. Candidates must ensure that they satisfy the below eligibility conditions before applying for it.
- Candidates should have a degree from an Indian university that is recognized by Kerala University. The degree should be under the regular stream and must be in 10+2+3 pattern or in10+2+4 pattern.
- Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination with a minimum of 50% marks in B.Com, BA, B.Sc., etc. that falls under 10+2+3 pattern.
- If candidates have a degree under 10+2+4 pattern such as B.Tech, B.Arch etc., they must have also passed the qualifying examination with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Those who have qualified post-graduate degree examinations such as M.Com, MA. M.Sc etc. from an Indian university that is recognized by the Kerala University can apply for KU CAT. However, these candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ST category will get preferences according to the rules specified by the Kerala University.
KU CAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates who fulfil the eligibility conditions of KU CAT 2021 can register themselves online at the official website of the Kerala University. The instructions for applying for KU CAT 2021 are as follows:
- Visit the official website of Kerala University (www.admissions.keralauniversity.ac.in).
- Search the link for online admission that you can find on the home page.
- Register yourself with a username and password. You must retain the username and password carefully for future use.
- Download a copy of the Challan slip.
- Pay the application fee at any branch of SBT.
- Login to the official website of the Kerala University with your username and password after paying the application fee.
- Upload a scanned passport size photograph of yours that is recently taken. You also need to upload your scanned signature. The photograph and signature should be of the prescribed size and format.
- Click on the “Save and Continue” button.
- Take a printout of the filled application form.
KU 2021 Registration Fee
- The registration fee is INR 500.
- Candidates can also make the payment through demand draft in favor of “The Finance Officer, Kerala University” from SBT that should be payable at KUOC campus or from Cooperative banks that should be payable at Trivandrum.
KU CAT 2021 Reservation
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) (a) Ezhava (EZ) 8% (b) Muslim (MU) 7% (c) Latin Catholic /SIUC (LC) 1% (d) Other Backward Christian (BX) 1% (e) Other Backward Hindu (BH) 3%||20|
|Economically Backward among Forward Communities (BPL)||10|
|SC- 15% ST- 5%||20|
KU 2021 Admit Card
scores of KMAT, CAT & CMAT are accepted for direct admission.
Steps to download:
- Visit the official website
- Search for the link that says “Download hall ticket”.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you can download your admit card.
- Enter your registration number and date of birth.
- Click on the “submit” button.
- Download and take print for further use
The information that will be printed on your admit card will be as follows:
- Name of candidate
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- Roll Number
- Venue of test
- Date and time of examination
- Important instructions for the exam
Kerala University 2021 Selection Procedure
- Candidates meeting the minimum eligibility criteria and who possess a valid score of CMAT/KMAT/CAT are called for Group Discussion and Interview rounds.
- The selection rounds will be in the month of July, 2021.
- Names of shortlisted candidates will be published in a provisional merit list .
KU CAT Centers for Selection Rounds
|Trivandrum||Institute of Management in Kerala, University of Kerala, Karyavattom, Trivandrum||0471-2301145|
|Adoor||Emson Buildings, Parakkode.P.O, Adoor||0473-4244500|
|Alappuzha||Kerala University Building, Vadakkal.P.O., Sanathanapuram, Alappuzha 688003||0477-2269289|
Factors Affecting Merit List
Kerala University 2021Counselling
- Candidates who are finally selected are called for the counselling round.
- Kerala University will conduct its counselling rounds in the month of July, 2021.
- Admission is offered to candidates according to the rank secured.
- If candidates under SC/ST categories fail to be present on the day of counselling, those seats will be filled by OEC and OBC. If some seats are still available, they will be filled by open category candidates.
- Candidates need to submit their documents that will act as a proof that they are eligible for admission.
- Document verification of candidates is done on the day of counselling.
Kerala University 2021 FAQs
Ques. Which scores are applicable for KU MBA Admission?
Ans. The scores of KMAT, CAT and XAT are applicable as per the eligibility process of Kerala University.
Ques. Which courses can be availed after the admission process?
Ans. The Masters of Business Administration (MBA) course can be availed after personal interview and merit list.
Ques. Where is the Karyavattam Campus?
Ans. The address of Kerala University is:
Address: Karyavattom, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695581
Phone: 0471 241 7112
Ques. Is there a Hostel in the campus?
Ans. Yes, there are 6 hostels in the Karyavattom Campus of Kerala University. Further enquiry can be done via their contact number.
Ques. What kind of questions are asked in the Personal Interview?
Ans. The PI and GD rounds are designed to gauge the candidates interpersonal skills, communication and performance as a leader and as a team mate.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.