SNAP Result (Announced), Selection Process, Cut off
Symbiosis International University has been released SNAP result on January 010, 2019. Candidates can visit the official portal naptest.org to check your result by using their User ID & Password.
Quick Link to check SNAP 2018 Result- Check Here
SNAP 2018 is scheduled for December 16, 2018 in online (computer-based) mode. The Symbiosis International University (SIU) is the coordinating body of the national level test. Each year, nearly 50000 candidates compete for 2257 MBA seats. Candidates qualifying the examinations are eligible for admissions into 29 programs offered by the institutes associated with it. The official brochure is now available at snaptest.org. Check SNAP Exam Dates 2018
Candidates with 50% marks in Bachelor’s can apply online by paying a stipulated application fee of INR 1750 before the registration window closes.
|SNAP Practice Papers||SNAP 2018 Admit Card||SNAP Syllabus||SNAP 2018 Cut off|
SNAP 2018 Facts
- Exam Pattern of SNAP has changed again. Know more
- SNAP Score is accepted by 15 Symbiosis Institutes.Check SNAP 2018 Participating Colleges
- There is no sectional cut off for SNAP Exam, the scores are calculated out of 150 scaled down to 50.
- As compared to other competitive Management exams like CAT, difficulty level of SNAP 2018 is expected to be low. CheckCAT vs SNAP
Read on to know more about the Symbiosis National Aptitude Test, its schedule, procedure to register, syllabus, pattern, results, cut offs etc.
Highlights of SNAP 2018
|Exam Name||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test or SNAP|
|Conducting Body||Symbiosis International University|
|Exam Type||National Level Examination|
|Exam Date||December 16, 2018|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% marks required in Graduate Level Examination|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|SNAP Helpdesk||020-39116226 | email@example.com|
SNAP Exam Dates 2018
All the candidates who wish to get admission in institutes associated with Symbiosis University must go through SNAP 2018 Exam Dates provided below:
|Commencement of Registration Process||August 28, 2018|
|End of Registration Process||November 26, 2018|
|Last date to pay the application fee||November 26, 2018|
|Download of the Admit Card||December 1, 2018 onwards|
|SNAP Exam Date 2018||December 16, 2018|
|Declaration of Results||January 10, 2019|
The national level aptitude test has the following eligibility criteria:
- Indian Citizens
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI),
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO),
- Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and
- Foreign National (FN)
- A bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% aggregate marks (for general candidates).
- SC/ ST category candidates must have 45% aggregate marks.
Eligibility for Foreign candidates
- A qualifying degree from recognized university.
- Such candidates must produce an equivalent certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- There is no age limit to apply for SNAP 2018.
- There is no limit on the number of times a candidate takes SNAP exam.
- SIU Pune determines the eligibility for exam before SNAP every year.
- An institute wise eligibility is also defined which can be different from the SNAP exam eligibility.
Read More SNAP 2018 Eligibility
SIU has provisions of reservation for the candidates with physical disabilities including vision impairment, hearing impairment, locomotor disabilities, mental retardation, multiple disabilities, and dyslexia. The details are as follows:
|Kashmiri Migrants (Supernumerary)||2 seats per program|
|International Candidates (Supernumerary)||15|
|Children/ wards of Defence Personnel||5% (applicable only for following Progs. of the Institutes)|
|Program Name||Symbiosis Institutes|
|MBA (International Business)||Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB,Pune)|
|MBA (Telecom Management)||Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM, Pune)|
|MBA (Information Technology Business Management)||Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT, Pune)|
|MBA (Information Technology)||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR, Pune)|
SNAP 2018 Registration
SNAP Application form will be available from August 28, 2018 on the official website i.e. snaptest.org. SNAP 2018 Registration includes 2 steps:
- Registration for SNAP test.
- Registration for Program(s) one wishes to apply for.
Filling the SNAP 2018 Application Form includes following steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website i.e. snaptest.org
Step 2: Click on ‘New Registration’ button and click ‘I Agree’.
Step 3: Enter email id, mobile number, password and other required information.
Step 4: Click on ‘register’. The confirmation of Username and password will be sent on the registered email id.
Step 5: Log in with username and password to fill the SNAP test 2018 application form.
Step 6: Fill in the personal, academic and work experience details.
Step 7: Upload the photograph within suggested dimensions and file format and pay the application fee of 2000 INR + 18% GST.
Step 8: Choose the preferred program from the given list.
Read about SNAP 2018 Registration
Registration for Foreign Candidates
SNAP 2018 registration is open to foreign candidates as well. The registration process includes the following steps:
- Fill the online SNAP Application Form: Interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria stated above need to fill the application form on the official website www.snaptest.org.
- Upload the requisite documents: Candidates need to upload a soft copy of the following documents while filling the application form:
- 10+2 or equivalent Final Mark sheet
- Bachelor Degree Mark Sheets (Semester wise/ Year wise)
- Photocopy of Valid Passport
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Letters of Recommendations in original
- IELTS Score Card/ Proof of IELTS Registration
- Payment Proof of Application Fee
- Document submission: Hard copies of the documents mentioned above are also to be sent to:
Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE),
Senapati Bapat Road,
Pune 411 004, Maharashtra, India
Tel. +91 20 25671905
- Document Verification and Preparation of Merit list: SCIE will prepare a central merit list on the basis of academic record, SNAP Score, ILETS/IELA Score (if applicable), etc.
- Visa Letter: The selected candidates will be sent a Provisional Admission Letter for candidates who require a student’s visa.
- Reporting Mail: Selected candidates who get Provisionally admitted will receive a confirmation letter stating the formalities to be completed further by SCIE.
SNAP 2018 Admit Card
The regulating body will release SNAP 2018 Admit Card from December 1, 2018 onwards. Admit Card along with a Photo Identity proof should be carried to SNAP Exam Centre. An acceptable photo identity is any one of the following,
- Driving license.
- Voter ID Card.
- Pan Card
- AADHAR Card (UID)
- An authorized person will verify and authenticate SNAP Admit Card against the photo-id on the day of the test. Please preserve this authenticated Admit Card for further GE-PIWAT processes.
Step to Download SNAP Hall Ticket
To download admit card of SNAP, candidates must follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of SNAP.
Step 2: Click on ‘Download SNAP 2018 Admit Card’
Step 3: Enter the user id and password.
Step 4: The admit card will appear on the computer screen.
Step 5: The admit cannot be download and a print out has to be taken online itself.
Step 6: The admit card will have the following information on it:
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Registration number
- Exam center and address
- Exam time
Step 7: In case of any mistakes, corrections can be made till the last date of registration window.
Download SNAP Admit Card
SNAP Exam Centers
- SNAP will be conducted in 92 cities all over India.
- A candidate may choose three preferences of test cities of the following for SNAP Online Test.
- The list of SNAP 2018 Exam Centers is mentioned in the drop down list after selecting the program for which they wish to apply.
- The center would be allocated on the basis of availability of slots.
- Once the payment for SNAP Online Test is made, no changes in the test centers will be entertained by the authorities.
- The final allotted SNAP Exam Center will be mentioned on the admit card.
SNAP Exam Pattern
SNAP was introduced as a pen-paper test but was changed to a computer-based test in 2017. The table enlists further details related to SNAP 2018 Exam Pattern.
|Highlights of SNAP Paper Pattern|
|Mode of examination||Computer-based|
|Types of questions||Multiple Choice Questions and Fill in the Blanks|
|Number of questions||130 questions|
|Marking scheme||+1 mark (MCQs) | +2 marks (Blanks)|
|Negative marking||¼ marks deducted for each incorrect answer|
SNAP Sectional Pattern
Given below is the section-wise break-up of questions in SNAP:
|Sections||Normal Ques.||Special Ques.||Total Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||30||5||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||30||5||40|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30||5||40|
|Total||130 Questions||150 Marks|
- The syllabus for SNAP contains questions of graduation level.
- It is designed to test a candidate’s general aptitude.
- SNAP Syllabus is divided into 4 sections – General English, Quantitative Data, Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, General Awareness and Analytical & Logical Reasoning.
- We suggest you start your preparations beforehand so that you are thorough with the complete syllabus. The table below enlists the SNAP 2018 Syllabus:
|Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||General English||Current Affairs|
|Algebra||Critical Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||Business & Economics|
|Arithmetic||Arrangements||Fill in the blanks||Awards & Records|
|Geometry||Puzzles||Para-jumbles||Science & Environment|
|Number System||Syllogisms||Sentence Correction||History & Geography|
|Modern Mathematics||Blood Relations||Odd one out||International Organisations|
|Graphs & Charts||Coding & Decoding||Vocabulary based||Social Issues|
|Venn Diagrams||Sequences & Series||Idioms and Synonyms & Antonyms||Politics & Sports|
Read More SNAP 2018 Syllabus
SNAP Reference Books
SNAP 2018 Results
- SNAP 2018 Results will be declared in the 2nd week of January 2019.
- The result will be released as score cards which will have marks, percentile and cut off for each programme the candidates applied for
- The score obtained by candidates in the SNAP 2018 test will form the basis of the cut off released by the SNAP authorities. The SNAP score card can be obtained by:
Step 1: Go to the official website of SNAP www.snaptest.org.
Step 2: On the home page click on the link ‘SNAP Score Card 2018’.
Step 3: Candidates are required to enter unique ID and Password.
Step 4: Then click on the “Login” button.
Step 5: New page of Score card of SNAP exam will appear on the computer screen.
Step 6: Take a print out of your score card for future use.
Read More SNAP 2018 Result
SNAP Cut Off 2018
- SNAP 2018 Cut off is released separately by each participating college.
- Candidates have to qualify the cut off by various colleges i.e. they must either score equal to the cut off or more than it to stand eligible.
- Mere qualifying SNAP the cut off shall not ensure the admission of the candidate.
- The expected cut off for SNAP 2018 is:
SNAP 2018 Expected Cut off Score
|Institute||SNAP 2018 Expected Cut off Score|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune||70-75|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Bengaluru||53-55|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM), Nashik||40-42|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT), Pune||54-56|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Science and Research (SICSR), Pune||43-45|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC), Pune||38-41|
|Symbiosis School of Banking & Finance (SSBF), Pune||44-47|
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM), Pune||40-42|
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB), Pune||53-55|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD), Pune|
Read More SNAP 2018 Cut off
SNAP 2018 Selection Process
- The candidates will have to minimum cut off marks and depending on which they will be shortlisted.
- The shortlisted candidates will then be called for the participating institutes for further process of admission. SNAP 2018 Selection Procedure includes following steps:
- Group Discussion: Candidates will be evaluated in the Group Discussion Exercise of their ability to apply logic and reasons. Group discussion brings out the candidates’ ability to make decisions and management skills are highlighted. The overall marking in this section will be done out of 10 marks in total.
- Written Ability Test: Candidates will be asked to write an essay of 10 marks weightage. The essay will be related to any business management or any other topic of the same area.
- Personal Interview: This is the most important part of the Selection Process. The candidates’ overall personality and confidence will be judged. Candidates must confidently answer questions related to his/her own academic area and work experience.
SNAP 2018 Participating Institutes
SNAP Score is used in admission to the following management programmes mentioned below:
|Name of SNAP Institute||Program|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM, Pune)||MBA|
MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR, Pune)||MBA (Information Technology)|
M.Sc. (Computer Applications)
M.Sc. (System Security)
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD, Pune)||MBA|
MBA (Infrastructure Management)
MBA (Business Analytics)
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB, Pune)||MBA (International Business)|
MBA (Agri. Business)
MBA (Energy & Environment)
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM, Pune)||MBA (Telecom Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS, Pune)||MBA|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC, Pune)||MBA (Communication Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik (SIOM, Nashik)||MBA (Operations Management)|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT, Pune)||MBA (Information Technology Business Management)|
MBA (Data Sciences and Data Analytics)
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS, Pune)||MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM, Bengaluru)||MBA|
|Symbiosis School for Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)||MBA (Communication Management)|
|Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF, Pune) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)||MBA (Banking and Finance)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)||MBA|
|Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS, Pune)||MBA (Sports Management)|
CAT v/s SNAP
The paper pattern of SNAP and CAT Exam have many similarities which helps aspirants to synchronise their sectional and overall exam preparation. However, SNAP 2018 Exam Pattern has a few differences also as compared to CAT exam:
|Exam date||December 16, 2018||November 25, 2018|
|Exam Duration||2 hours||3 hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQs: 110 Questions|
Blanks: 20 Questions
|MCQs: 72 – 75 Questions |
Non-MCQs: Rest of the questions
|Answer Options for MCQs||4||4|
|Correct Answer Marks||1 (MCQs)|
|Negative Marking||0.25 mark||MCQs with 1/3 negative marking;|
No negative marking for Non-MCQs
|Exam Difficulty Level||Moderate||Difficult|
|Number of Sections||4||3|
|Section 1: Name | No. of Questions||General English, RC,VR,VA | 35||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension | 34|
|Section 2: Name | No. of Questions||Analytical & Logical Reasoning | 35||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning | 32|
|Section 3: Name | No. of Questions||Quant, DI, Data Sufficiency | 35||Quantitative Ability | 34|
|Section 4: Name | No. of Questions||Current Affairs | 25||Not Applicable, only 3 Sections|
|Facility to Choose Order of Sections||Yes, any question from any section within overall time limit||No, has to follow pre defined sectional order|
|Individual Sectional Time Limit||No||Each section with 1 hour time limit|
|Top MBA Colleges Accepting Exam Score||SIBM Pune, SCMHRD Pune, SIIB Pune, SIBM Bangalore & all other Symbiosis institutes – Check more||20 IIMs, FMS, MDI, SPJIMR, IMI, IMT, IITs, TAPMI, XIMB and hundreds of other B-schools – Other Institutes|
SNAP 2018 FAQs
Ques. What is SNAP?
Ans. SNAP is short for Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP), which is a yearly conducted management entrance test.
Ques. Who will conduct SNAP 2018?
Ans. Symbiosis International University will conduct SNAP 2018.
Ques. When will SNAP 2018 exam be conducted?
Ans. The exam is scheduled for December 16, 2018.
Ques. When will SNAP 2018 Application Form be released?
Ans. Registrationf or SNAP will commence from August 28, 2018. The last date to apply is November 26, 2018.
Ques. How can I apply for SNAP 2018 exam?
Ans. Candidates can apply for SNAP 2018 on the official website of the exam snaptest.org.
Ques. What is the qualification eligibility for SNAP?
Ans. Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent examination to be eligible for the exam.
Ques. What will be the registration fee for SNAP 2018 examination?
Ans. The application fee will be 1750 INR.
Ques. I am an NRI candidate. Can I apply for SNAP exam?
Ans. Yes, NRI candidates are also eligible to apply for SNAP.
Ques. Can I make changes in my personal details once the form has been submitted?
Ans. No, no change in name, DOB, category and test city will be entertained once the application is submitted.
Ques. I have received the SNAP ID & Password, what can I use it for?
Ans. You can use the SNAP ID and password to fill in the SNAP application form, view/print SNAP admit card, check Mails(notice), and modify personal details(if required). You will be required to use your SNAP ID to apply to institutes which take SNAP scores.
Ques. I have registered for SNAP and sent the DD/Bank counterfoil. What is the next step?
Ans. After completing the registration, you will receive an email with your SNAP ID and password. You can use this credentials for the further steps.
Ques. I forgot to mention my SNAP ID on my DD before sending it. What do I do now?
Ans. You should send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name, SNAP ID, DD number, bank name, along with an application addressing your situation.
Ques. When can we download the admit card of SNAP 2018?
Ans. You can download SNAP 2018 Admit Card from December 1, 2018.
Ques. How can we download the admit card?
Ans. Admit Card/TAT can be downloaded by using your SNAP ID on SNAP online portal. There is no other mode to get Admit Card.
Ques. Is there any use of Admit card after the examination is over?
Ans. Yes, SNAP Admit call will also be required in the counselling process.
Ques. Is there negative marks?
Ans. Yes, there will be negative marking for the incorrect response.
Ques. Will Symbiosis University release Answer key after SNAP 2018?
Ans. No, The authority does not any answer key for the candidates.
Ques. When will the SNAP result 2018 be announced?
Ans. SNAP 2018 Result will be announced in the 2nd week of December 2018.
Ques. Where can we check SNAP 2018 Result?
Ans. Candidates can check their Result on the official portal website snaptest.org using their SNAP ID.
Ques. What is selection procedure to get admission through SNAP?
Ans. SNAP Selection process consists of two stages: SNAP Test and Second stage which consists of Group Exercise (GE), Personal Interaction (PI), and Writing Aptitude Test (WAT).
Ques. I have cleared SNAP 2018, is it necessary to appear in Group Exercise?
Ans. Yes, it is mandatory for the shortlisted Aspirants to appear for the all the tests of GE, PI & WAT to be eligible for admission to any PG program of Symbiosis International University (SIU).
Ques. Does Symbiosis University releases Cut-off?
Ans. Yes, the cut off is released by the Symbiosis University after the declaration of result. Based on the cut off score a merit list is prepared and shortlisted candidates are called for the second round of selection procedure.
Ques. How are candidates selected for admission into the Institute that accepts SNAP score?
Ans. Admissions will be done as per candidate’s performance in the SNAP 2018 & other admission rounds.
Ques. How is the final merit list prepared?
Ans. The final merit list will be prepared by SIU on the basis of marks scored in SNAP Test and GE/PIWAT process. SNAP Test is of 150 marks which are scaled down to 50 marks for SNAP Selection Process. Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test is of 10, 30 and 10 marks respectively.
Ques. How are seats allotted?
Ans. Seats are allotted to candidates as per their rank in the merit list and availability of seats in colleges.
Ques. What is the difficulty level of SNAP exam?
Ans. As compared to other competitive Management exams like CAT, difficulty level of SNAP is expected to be low.
Ques. What is the marking scheme of the SNAP exam?
Ans. +1 and +2 mark for every correct answer and ¼ marks deducted for each incorrect answer
Ques. Is snap syllabus based on 12th or graduation?
Ans. The syllabus for SNAP contains questions of graduation level.
Ques. Is SNAP offered MBA program only?
Ans. Candidates qualifying the examinations are eligible for admissions into 23 Management courses offered by the institutes associated with it.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College