Table of Contents
SNAP Exam: Registration, Fees, Eligibility, Admit Card, Exam Centres, Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Cutoff
SNAP is a national level entrance exam conducted by Symbiosis International every year for admission into their MBA/M.Ss programs. It has 16 participating Symbiosis institutions across the country. Important dates for SNAP 2020 has been released on the official website.
- SNAP Application Form for the upcoming session has been released online.
- SNAP application fee is INR 1750 + taxes.
- Aspirants who fulfil the SNAP Eligibility can apply for SNAP Exam.
- The 1 hour long paper is conducted online in which candidates must answer 60 questions.
- SNAP is conducted across 94 centres all over India from which candidates can choose any 3.
Keep reading to know more about SNAP exam dates, exam pattern, application process, exam centres, cutoff, and snap colleges.
Table of Contents
|SNAP Upcoming Events|
|SNAP 2020 Admit Card||December 5, 2020|
|SNAP 2020 Exam Dates||December 20, 2020 | January 6, 2021 | January 9, 2021|
|SNAP 2020 Result||January 22, 2021|
SNAP Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test or SNAP|
|Conducting Body||Symbiosis International (Deemed University)|
|Exam Type||National Level Examination|
|Exam Date for upcoming session||December 2020 and January 2021|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% marks required in Graduate Level Examination|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-based-test)|
|Total Duration||60 minutes|
|Number of Registration||About 50,000|
|SNAP Helpdesk||020-39116226 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
CAT vs SNAP
|Conducting Body||IIMs||Symbiosis International Deemed University|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Test||Computer-Based Test|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a Year||Once a Year|
|Duration||3 Hours (180 Minutes)||1 Hour (60 Minutes)|
|Number of Sections||03||03|
|Sectional Time Limit|
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC) – 60 Minutes
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning – 60 Minutes
Quantitative Ability – 60 Minutes
|No sectional Time|
|Types of Question Format||72-75 questions are MCQs, rest Non-MCQs.||60 MCQs|
|Option to Choose Order of Sections||Candidates are not allowed to switch between sections||Candidate can answer questions in any section|
|Negative Marking for Incorrect Answer||-33%||-25%|
|Difficulty Level||Moderate to Difficult||Easy to Moderate|
Grammar, Para Correction, Sentence Correction, Word Usage, Analogies, Idioms, Para Jumble, Pie Chart, Graph Tables, Data Arrangement, Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Trigonometry, Mensuration
Data Arrangement, Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Probability, Coordinate Geometry, Coding & Decoding, Series, Syllogisms
|Top MBA Colleges Accepting Exam Score||20 IIMs, FMS, MDI, SPJIMR, IMI, IMT, IITs, TAPMI, XIMB and hundreds of other B-schools – Other Institutes||SIBM Pune, SCMHRD Pune, SIIB Pune, SIBM Bangalore & all other Symbiosis institutes – Check more|
|Exam date||November 29, 2020||December 20, 2020 | January 6 & 9, 2021|
|Difficulty Level||Moderate – Difficult||Moderate|
SNAP Eligibility Criteria
Symbiosis University of Pune determines the eligibility for SNAP each year. Candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria to apply for SNAP exam:
- Indian Citizens and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are eligible for SNAP
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO), Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and Foreign National (FN) can also apply for SNAP.
- Candidates must have qualified their bachelor’s in any subject with minimum 50% marks (45% for candidates from reserved category).
- Candidates with bachelor's in Engineering must have completed 4 years bachelor degree with 50% marks
- Candidates appearing for their final year of examination are eligible for SNAP; they must have completed their graduation with 50% marks.
Eligibility for Foreign Candidates
- Candidates with a foreign passport are eligible for SNAP
- Candidates holding a POI card who is a citizen of a foreign country may apply as Person of Indian Origin
- Overseas Citizen of India are eligible to apply
SNAP Exam Registration
SNAP Application Form for the next session will be available at the official website fromSeptember 24 till November 28, 2020. Candidates must apply in 2 steps; Register for SNAP and Register for Programs.
Steps to fill SNAP Application Form:
- Visit the official website i.e. snaptest.org
- Click on ‘New Registration’ button and check on ‘I Agree’.
- Enter details email id, mobile number, password, and fill up other compulsory fields.
- Click on the ‘Register’ button. This will send confirmation of username and password to registered email id.
- Log in with username and password to start filling the SNAP Application Form.
- Fill in the fields for personal details, academic data, and work experience.
- Upload the photograph within suggested dimensions and file format and pay the application fee.
- Choose the preferred program from the given list.
SNAP Application Fee can be paid through the following modes:
- Billdesk Payment Gateway
- Easebuzz Payment Gateway
- Indian Bank Payment Gateway
- Demand Draft
Registration for Foreign Candidates
SNAP 2020 Registration was opened to foreign candidates as well. SNAP registration process for foreign students includes the following steps:
- Fill online application form online at snaptest.org
- Upload the required documents (Mark sheet of 10+2 or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree, Photocopy of Valid Passport, Statement of Purpose, 2 Letters of Recommendations in original, IELTS Score Card/ Proof of IELTS Registration, Payment Proof of Application Fee).
- Submit hard copy of documents.
- SCIE will verify the documents and prepare a merit list based on SNAP score, academic performance, or IELTS/ IELA score.
- Selected candidates who require a visa will get a Provisional Admission Letter posted to their address.
- Provisionally admitted candidates will receive a confirmation mail with reporting time.
SNAP Reservation 2020
|Kashmiri Migrants (Supernumerary)||2 seats per program|
|International Candidates (Supernumerary)||15 %|
|Children/ wards of Defence Personnel||5% (applicable only for following Progs. of the Institutes)|
|Nagpur Domiciled||25% (only for SIBM, Nagpur)|
5% reservation for the wards of defence personnel applicable to the following programs in institutes mentioned below:
|Program Name||Symbiosis Institutes|
|MBA (International Business)||Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB, Pune)|
|MBA (Telecom Management)||Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM, Pune)|
|MBA (Information Technology Business Management)||Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT, Pune)|
|MBA (Information Technology)||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR, Pune)|
Read About Reservation in SNAP 2020
SNAP Admit Card
SNAP Admit Cards will be available at the official website from December 5, 2020 till December 20, 2020. SNAP hall ticket will details such as Candidate’s name, Roll number, Registration number, Exam centre and address, and Exam time mentioned on it.
Documents to be carried aong with Hall Ticket of SNAP:
- Driving license.
- Voter ID Card.
- Pan Card
- Aadhaar Card
An authorized person will verify and authenticate SNAP Admit Card against the photo-ID on the day of the test. Preserve this authenticated Admit Card for further GE-PI-WAT processes.
Steps to download SNAP Hall Ticket
Steps to download admit card of SNAP :
- Visit the official website of SNAP.
- Click on the link stating ‘Download SNAP 2020 Admit Card’
- Enter the User ID and Password.
- Click on “Submit”.
- Admit card will appear on the computer screen.
- Download and take a print of SNAP Admit Card.
SNAP Exam Centers
Ernakulam - Kochi
Gangtok - Bardang
Chandigarh - Mohali
Panjim - Mapusa
- SNAP will be conducted in 94 cities in India from which candidates must select 3 in the order of their preference.
- Test Centers will be allotted on the basis of availability of slots.
SNAP Exam Pattern
|Highlights of SNAP Paper Pattern|
|Mode of examination||Computer-based|
|Types of questions||Multiple Choice Questions and Fill in the Blanks|
|Number of questions||60 questions|
|Number of Sections||3|
|Maximum Marks||60 marks|
|Negative Marking||25% for each incorrect response|
SNAP 2020 Sectional Pattern
|Sections||Normal Questions||Marks Per Correct Answer||Total Marks|
General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||25||1||25|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||20||1||20|
SNAP Exam Syllabus
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||Algebra, Arithmetic, Geometry, Number System, Modern Mathematics, Graphs & Charts, Venn Diagrams|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||Critical Reasoning, Arrangements, Puzzles, Syllogisms, Blood Relations, Coding & Decoding, Sequences & Series|
|General English||Reading Comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Para-jumbles, Sentence Correction, Odd one out, Vocabulary based, Idioms, and Synonyms & Antonym|
Read SNAP 2020 Syllabus
SNAP Preparation Books
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning|
- SNAP Preparation Tips for Last Minute
- SNAP Preparation Strategy: General English
- SNAP Preparation Strategy: Quant & Data Interpretation
- SNAP Preparation Strategy: Logical Reasoning
SNAP Result date for 2020 session will be released January 22, 2021. It can be downloaded in the form of a scorecard containing marks, percentile and cutoff for all sections.
Steps to Check SNAP Result
- Visit the official website of SNAP – snaptest.org.
- You will find a link ‘SNAP Scorecard 2020’ once it has been released.
- Candidates must enter their unique ID and Password.
- Click on the “Login” button.
- Scorecard of SNAP exam will appear on the computer screen.
- Take a print out of your scorecard and save it for future use.
SNAP Cutoff Marks (Expected)
|Institute||SNAP 2020 Expected Cut off Score|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune||98.5|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Bengaluru||90|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM), Nashik||87|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT), Pune||76|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Science and Research (SICSR), Pune||82|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC), Pune||73|
|Symbiosis School of Banking & Finance (SSBF), Pune||60|
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM), Pune||83|
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB), Pune||93|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD), Pune||96|
SNAP Selection Process
Round 1: Group Discussion
- Candidates will be given a topic based on current events/science and technology/global issues and asked to talk about it.
- GD is expected to test the candidate’s management and thinking ability skills.
- This sections carries 10% of the overall weightage.
Round 2: Written Ability Test
- Candidates will be assigned an essay of this part.
- Writing Ability Test or WAT carries 10% marks of the total weightage.
- The essay can be related to a number of topics ranging from recent news, economics, business, politics, and so on.
Round 3: Personal Interview
- This is the final part of SNAP Selection Process.
- This is part tests a variety of aspects such as confidence, knowledge, aptitude, personality.
- Personal interview round carries 30% of the total weightage.
SNAP Colleges – Programs and Fees
SNAP Exam FAQs
Ques. What is SNAP?
Ans. SNAP is short for Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP), which is annually conducted management entrance test.
Ques. Who will conduct SNAP Exam?
Ans. Symbiosis International University will conduct SNAP Exam.
Ques. When will SNAP 2020 exam be conducted?
Ans. The exam is scheduled for December 20, 2020, January 6 and 9, 2021.
Ques. When will SNAP 2020 Application Form be released?
Ans. Registration for SNAP has been started from September 24, 2020. The last date to apply is November 28, 2020.
Ques. How can I apply for SNAP 2020 exam?
Ans. Candidates can apply for SNAP 2020 on the official website of the exam snaptest.org.
Ques. What is the qualification eligibility for SNAP?
Ans. Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent examination with 50% marks to be eligible for the exam. Students belonging to reserved category will get 5% relaxation.
Ques. What will be the registration fee for SNAP examination?
Ans. The application fee will be 1750 INR. It can be paid online or through demand draft.
Ques. I am an NRI candidate. Can I apply for SNAP exam?
Ans. Yes, NRI candidates are also eligible to apply for SNAP.
Ques. Can I make changes in my personal details once the SNAP application form has been submitted?
Ans. No, no change in name, DOB, category and test city will be entertained after the registration deadline.
Ques. I have received SNAP ID & Password, what can I use it for?
Ans. You can use the SNAP ID and password to fill in the SNAP application form, view/print SNAP admit card, check Mails(notice), and modify personal details(if required). You will be required to use your SNAP ID to apply to institutes which take SNAP scores.
Ques. I have registered for SNAP and sent the DD/ Bank counterfoil. What is the next step?
Ans. After completing the registration, you will receive an email with your SNAP ID and password. You can use these credentials for further steps.
Ques. I forgot to mention my SNAP ID on my DD before sending it. What do I do now?
Ans. You should send an email to “email@example.com giving your name, SNAP ID, DD number, bank name, along with an application addressing your situation.
Ans. Admit Card can be downloaded by using your SNAP ID on SNAP online portal. There is no other mode to get Admit Card.
Ques. Is there any use of Admit card after the examination is over?
Ans. Yes, SNAP Admit card will also be required in the counselling process. Candidates are therefore advised to preserve their SNAP hall tickets.
Ques. Is negative marking applicable in SNAP?
Ans. Yes, there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for the incorrect response in snap.
Ques. Will Symbiosis University release the Answer key after SNAP 2020?
Ans. No, The authority does not release any answer key for the candidates. Candidates can check answer key based on memory released by coaching centres
Ques. When will the SNAP result 2020 be announced?
Ans. SNAP 2020 Result will be announced on January 22, 2021
Ques. Where can we check SNAP 2020 Result?
Ans. Candidates can check their result on the official portal website snaptest.org using their SNAP ID. It will be released on January 22, 2021
Ques. What is the selection procedure to get admission through SNAP?
Ans. SNAP Selection Process consists of two stages: the SNAP Test and Second stage which consists of Group Exercise (GE), Personal Interaction (PI), and Writing Aptitude Test (WAT).
Ques. I have cleared SNAP 2020, is it necessary to appear in Group Exercise?
Ans. Yes, it is mandatory for the shortlisted aspirants to appear for all the tests of GE, PI & WAT to be eligible for admission to any PG program of Symbiosis International University (SIU).
Ques. Does Symbiosis University release Cutoff?
Ans. Yes, the cut off is released by the Symbiosis University after the declaration of result. Based on the cut-off score a merit list is prepared and shortlisted candidates are called for the second round of selection procedure.
Ques. How are candidates selected for admission into the Institute that accepts SNAP score?
Ans. Admissions will be done as per candidate’s performance in the SNAP 2020 & other admission rounds.
Ques. How is the final merit list prepared?
Ans. The final merit list will be prepared by SIU on the basis of marks scored in SNAP Test and GE/PIWAT process. SNAP Test is of 60 marks which are scaled down for SNAP Selection Process. Group Exercise, Personal Interaction, and Writing Ability Test are of 10, 30 and 10 marks respectively.
Ques. How are seats allotted?
Ans. Seats are allotted to candidates as per their rank in the merit list and availability of seats in colleges.
Ques. What is the difficulty level of the SNAP exam?
Ans. As compared to other competitive Management exams like CAT, difficulty level of SNAP is expected to be low.
Ques. Is snap syllabus based on 12th or graduation?
Ans. The syllabus for SNAP contains questions of graduation level.
Ques. Is SNAP offered MBA program only?
Ans. Candidates qualifying the examinations are eligible for admissions into 23 Management courses offered by the institutes associated with it.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College