Table of Contents
SNAP 2019 Result (Released), Cutoff, Selection Process and Paper Analysis
SNAP 2019 Result has been released by the mandated authorities on January 10, 2020. Symbiosis National University has thus concluded another successful session of their entrance exam, SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude) Test. The exam was held on December 15, 2019 from 2 PM – 4 PM. Check SNAP 2019 Scorecard
- Apart from Symbiosis, there are many other colleges accepting SNAP Score.
- SNAP 2019 question paper was rated moderate on a scale of difficulty by test takers. Many of the questions were repetitive and did not include grouped question sets.
SNAP Test was conducted in a single session for the candidates aspiring to pursue MBA / M.Sc. program offered by the Institutes of Symbiosis International. The online test is conducted once in a year for admission in MBA programs offered by 16 Symbiosis Institutes spread all over the country.
Read on to know more about the Symbiosis National Aptitude Test, its schedule, registration process, syllabus, pattern, results, and cutoffs.
SNAP 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test or SNAP|
|Conducting Body||Symbiosis International (Deemed University)|
|Exam Type||National Level Examination|
|Exam Date||December 15, 2019|
|Eligibility Criteria||50% marks required in Graduate Level Examination|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|SNAP Helpdesk||020-39116226 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
SNAP 2019 Dates
SNAP 2019 Dates
All the candidates who wish to get admission in institutes associated with Symbiosis University must know SNAP 2019 Exam Date provided below:
|Commencement of SNAP Registration Process||August 16, 2019|
|End of SNAP Registration Process||November 26, 2019|
|Last day to pay SNAP Application Fee||November 26, 2019|
|Availability of SNAP Admit Card||December 2 – 15, 2019|
|SNAP Exam Date 2019||December 15, 2019 (2:00 PM – 4:00 PM)|
|Declaration of SNAP Result||January 10, 2020 (Released)|
SNAP Eligibility Criteria 2019
Symbiosis University, Pune determines the eligibility for SNAP every year. Institute-wise eligibility is also defined which can be different from SNAP exam eligibility. There was no age limit to apply for 2019. There was also no limit to the number of attempts. Candidates must fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria to take SNAP 2019 exam:
- Indian Citizens
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI),
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO),
- Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and
- Foreign National (FN)
- Candidates must be a graduate from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% aggregate.
- SC/ ST category candidates with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in graduation are eligible for SNAP Test.
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination of graduation are also eligible for SNAP Test provided their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks.
Note: Admission of the candidates appearing in the final year examination is provisional which can be cancelled if they do not fulfil the stated criteria.
Eligibility for Foreign Candidates
- A qualifying degree from a recognized university.
- Such candidates must produce an equivalent certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
SNAP 2019 Registration
SNAP Application Form 2019 was available at the official website – snaptest.org from August 16 – November 26, 2019. The application process is done in two steps i.e. Registration for SNAP Test and Registration for Programs one wishes to apply for. Below given are the steps that candidates must follow to fill SNAP Application Form.
- Visit the official website i.e. snaptest.org
- Click on ‘New Registration’ button and then click on ‘I Agree’.
- Enter email id, mobile number, password, and other required information.
- Click on ‘Register’.
- Confirmation of Username and password will be sent on the registered email id.
- Log in with username and password to fill SNAP 2019 Application Form.
- Fill in the personal, academic and work experience details.
- Upload the photograph within suggested dimensions and file format and pay the application fee of 1750 INR + 18% GST.
- Choose the preferred program from the given list.
Candidates can pay SNAP Application Fee through the following modes of payment:
- Billdesk Payment Gateway
- Easebuzz Payment Gateway
- Indian Bank Payment Gateway
- Demand Draft
Note: Any changes in SNAP Application Form (except the name, date of birth, category & test city preferences) can be done till the last date of registration.
Registration for Foreign Candidates
SNAP 2019 Registration was opened to foreign candidates as well. The registration process includes the following steps:
- Fill Online SNAP Application Form: Interested candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria stated above need to fill the application form on the official website – snaptest.org.
- Upload the requisite documents: Candidates need to upload a soft copy of the following documents while filling the application form:
- 10+2 or equivalent Final Mark sheet
- Bachelor’s Degree Mark Sheets (Semester wise/ Year wise)
- Photocopy of Valid Passport
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Letters of Recommendations in original
- IELTS Score Card/ Proof of IELTS Registration
- Payment Proof of Application Fee
- Document submission: Hard copies of the documents mentioned above are also to be sent to:
Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE),
Senapati Bapat Road,
Pune 411 004, Maharashtra, India
Tel. +91 20 25671905
- Document Verification and Preparation of Merit list: SCIE will prepare a central merit list on the basis of academic record, SNAP Score, IELTS/ IELA Score (if applicable), etc.
- Visa Letter: The selected candidates will be sent a Provisional Admission Letter for candidates who require a student’s visa.
- Reporting Mail: Selected candidates who get Provisionally admitted will receive a confirmation letter stating the formalities to be completed further by SCIE.
SNAP Reservation 2019
SIU has provisions of reservation for the candidates with physical disabilities including vision impairment, hearing impairment, locomotor disabilities, mental retardation, multiple disabilities, and dyslexia. The details are as follows:
|Kashmiri Migrants (Supernumerary)||2 seats per program|
|International Candidates (Supernumerary)||15 %|
|Children/ wards of Defence Personnel||5% (applicable only for following Progs. of the Institutes)|
|Nagpur Domiciled||25% (only for SIBM, Nagpur)|
The five percent reservation for the wards of defence personnel is only applicable to certain programs at their respective institutes mentioned below:
|Program Name||Symbiosis Institutes|
|MBA (International Business)||Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB, Pune)|
|MBA (Telecom Management)||Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM, Pune)|
|MBA (Information Technology Business Management)||Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT, Pune)|
|MBA (Information Technology)||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR, Pune)|
Read About Reservation in SNAP 2019
SNAP 2019 Admit Card
SNAP Admit Cards was issued on December 2, 2019 at the official website – snaptest.org. Successfully registered candidates were able to download the admit card till December 15, 2019. SNAP Admit Card is a mandatory document which has to be carried on the exam day along with a valid Photo Identity proof. Below given is the list of acceptable identity proof required at the exam center.
- Driving license.
- Voter ID Card.
- Pan Card
- Aadhaar Card
An authorized person will verify and authenticate SNAP Admit Card against the photo-ID on the day of the test. Please preserve this authenticated Admit Card for further GE-PI-WAT processes.
How to download SNAP Admit Card?
To download admit card of SNAP 2019, candidates must follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of SNAP.
- Click on the link stating ‘Download SNAP 2019 Admit Card’
- Enter the User ID and Password.
- Click on “Submit”.
- Admit card will appear on the computer screen.
- Download and take a print of SNAP Admit Card.
Details mentioned on SNAP Admit Card
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Registration number
- Exam centre and address
- Exam time
SNAP Exam Centers 2019
- SNAP was conducted in 87 cities across India.
- Candidates had to indicate three test cities in the order of their preference.
- The list of SNAP 2019 Exam Centers was given in the form of a drop-down list.
- Test Centers were allocated on the basis of availability of slots.
- Once the payment for SNAP Online Test was made, no changes in the test centres were entertained by the authorities.
- The final allotted SNAP Exam Center will bementioned on the admit card.
SNAP Exam Pattern 2019
SNAP Exam Pattern has been revised this year. The major update that has been made in SNAP 2019 exam pattern is that the current affair section of the exam has been scraped now. From now onwards there will be only 3 sections in SNAP exam. The table enlists further details related to the exam pattern.
|Highlights of SNAP Paper Pattern|
|Mode of examination||Computer-based|
|Types of questions||Multiple Choice Questions and Fill in the Blanks|
|Number of questions||110 questions|
|Number of Sections||3|
|Maximum Marks||150 marks|
SNAP 2019 Sectional Pattern
Given below is the section-wise break-up of questions in SNAP 2019:
|Sections||Normal Questions||Marks Per Correct Answer||Special Questions||Marks Per Correct Answer||Total Questions||Total Marks|
General English: Reading Comprehension,
Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||36||1.5||0||0||36||54|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||35||1||5||2||40||45|
- SNAP 2019 was a computer-based test comprised of 105 MCQs and 5 Fill in the blanks which had to be answered using a virtual keyboard.
- Each wrong answer attracted 25% negative marks for both Normal Questions and Special Questions.
- Quantitative Section had 5 special questions in this format - What are the last two digits of the number 745? Then by using the virtual keyboard, you have to enter the answer as 07
SNAP Syllabus 2019
The syllabus for SNAP contains questions of graduation level. It is designed to test a candidate’s general aptitude. SNAP Syllabus is divided into 3 sections – General English, Quantitative Data, Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, General Awareness, and Analytical & Logical Reasoning.
We suggest you start your preparations beforehand so that you are thorough with the complete syllabus. The table below enlists the SNAP 2019 Syllabus:
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||General English|
|Algebra||Critical Reasoning||Reading Comprehension|
|Arithmetic||Arrangements||Fill in the blanks|
|Number System||Syllogisms||Sentence Correction|
|Modern Mathematics||Blood Relations||Odd one out|
|Graphs & Charts||Coding & Decoding||Vocabulary based|
|Venn Diagrams||Sequences & Series||Idioms and Synonyms & Antonyms|
Read SNAP 2019 Syllabus
SNAP Books 2019
SNAP 2019 Result
SNAP Result 2019
SNAP 2019 Result has been declared January 10, 2020. The result has been released in the form of a scorecard which contains marks, percentile and cutoff for each section. The score obtained by candidates in the SNAP 2019 test will form the basis of the cutoff to be released by the SNAP authorities. Download SNAP 2019 Scorecard
How to Check SNAP Result?
- Go to the official website of SNAP – snaptest.org.
- On the home page click on the link ‘SNAP Scorecard 2019’.
- Candidates are required to enter unique ID and Password.
- Then click on the “Login” button.
- New page of Scorecard of SNAP exam will appear on the computer screen.
- Take a print out of your scorecard for future use.
SNAP 2019 Cutoff
SNAP Cutoff 2019
SNAP 2019 Cutoff will be released separately by each participating college. Candidates have to qualify the cutoff by various colleges i.e. they must either score equal to the cutoff or more than it to stand eligible. Candidates can go through the expected cutoff given below:
SNAP 2019 Expected Cutoff Score
|Institute||SNAP 2019 Expected Cut off Score|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune||98.5|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Bengaluru||90|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM), Nashik||87|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT), Pune||76|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Science and Research (SICSR), Pune||82|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication (SIMC), Pune||73|
|Symbiosis School of Banking & Finance (SSBF), Pune||60|
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM), Pune||83|
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB), Pune||93|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD), Pune||96|
Check SNAP 2019 Cutoff
SNAP Selection Process
SNAP 2019 Selection Process
Candidates will have to obtain the minimum cutoff marks depending on which they will be shortlisted. The shortlisted candidates will then be called by participating institutes for further process of admission. SNAP 2019 Selection Procedure includes the following steps:
- Group Discussion: Candidates’ ability to apply logic and reasons will be evaluated in the Group Discussion Exercise. Group Discussion brings out the candidates’ ability to make decisions and management skills are highlighted. The overall marking in this section will be done out of 10 marks in total.
- Written Ability Test: Candidates will be asked to write an essay of 10 marks weightage. The essay will be related to any business management or any other topic of the same area.
- Personal Interview: This is the most important part of the Selection Process. The candidates’ overall personality and confidence will be judged. Candidates must confidently answer questions related to his/her own academic area and work experience.
SNAP Admission Criteria
|Particulars||SNAP Score||Personal Interaction||Group Discussion||Written Ability Test|
SNAP 2019 Participating Institutes
SNAP Score is used in admission to the following management programs mentioned below:
|Name of SNAP Institute||Program|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM, Pune)||MBA|
MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR, Pune)||MBA (Information Technology)|
M.Sc. (Computer Applications)
M.Sc. (System Security)
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD, Pune)||MBA|
MBA (Infrastructure Management)
MBA (Business Analytics)
|Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB, Pune)||MBA (International Business)|
MBA (Agri. Business)
MBA (Energy & Environment)
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM, Pune)||MBA (Telecom Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS, Pune)||MBA|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC, Pune)||MBA (Communication Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik (SIOM, Nashik)||MBA (Operations Management)|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT, Pune)||MBA (Information Technology Business Management)|
MBA (Data Sciences and Data Analytics)
|Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS, Pune)||MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM, Bengaluru)||MBA|
|Symbiosis School for Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)||MBA (Communication Management)|
|Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF, Pune) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)||MBA (Banking and Finance)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)||MBA|
|Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS, Pune)||MBA (Sports Management)|
CAT vs SNAP
The paper pattern of SNAP and CAT Exam have many similarities which help aspirants to synchronize their sectional and overall exam preparation. However, SNAP 2019 Exam Pattern has a few differences also as compared to CAT exam:
|Conducting Body||IIMs||Symbiosis International Deemed University|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Test||Computer-Based Test|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a Year||Once a Year|
|Duration||3 Hours (180 Minutes)||2 Hours (120 Minutes)|
|Number of Sections||03||03|
|Sectional Time Limit|
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC) – 60 Minutes
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning – 60 Minutes
Quantitative Ability – 60 Minutes
|No sectional Time|
|Types of Question Format||72-75 questions are MCQs, rest Non-MCQs.||105 MCQs, 5 Fill Ups|
|Option to Choose Order of Sections||Candidates are not allowed to switch between sections||Candidate can answer questions in any section|
|Negative Marking for Incorrect Answer||-33%||-25%|
|Difficulty Level||Moderate to Difficult||Easy to Moderate|
Coding & Decoding
|Top MBA Colleges Accepting Exam Score||20 IIMs, FMS, MDI, SPJIMR, IMI, IMT, IITs, TAPMI, XIMB and hundreds of other B-schools – Other Institutes||SIBM Pune, SCMHRD Pune, SIIB Pune, SIBM Bangalore & all other Symbiosis institutes – Check more|
|Exam date||November 24, 2019||December 15, 2019|
SNAP 2019 FAQs
SNAP 2019 FAQs
Ques. What is SNAP?
Ans. SNAP is short for Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP), which is annually conducted management entrance test.
Ques. Who will conduct SNAP 2019?
Ans. Symbiosis International University will conduct SNAP 2019.
Ques. When will SNAP 2019 exam be conducted?
Ans. The exam is scheduled for December 15, 2019.
Ques. When will SNAP 2019 Application Form be released?
Ans. Registration for SNAP has been started from August 16, 2019. The last date to apply is November 26, 2019.
Ques. How can I apply for SNAP 2019 exam?
Ans. Candidates can apply for SNAP 2019 on the official website of the exam snaptest.org.
Ques. What is the qualification eligibility for SNAP?
Ans. Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent examination to be eligible for the exam.
Ques. What will be the registration fee for SNAP 2019 examination?
Ans. The application fee will be 1750 INR.
Ques. I am an NRI candidate. Can I apply for SNAP exam?
Ans. Yes, NRI candidates are also eligible to apply for SNAP.
Ques. Can I make changes in my personal details once the form has been submitted?
Ans. No, no change in name, DOB, category and test city will be entertained after the registration deadline.
Ques. I have received SNAP ID & Password, what can I use it for?
Ans. You can use the SNAP ID and password to fill in the SNAP application form, view/print SNAP admit card, check Mails(notice), and modify personal details(if required). You will be required to use your SNAP ID to apply to institutes which take SNAP scores.
Ques. I have registered for SNAP and sent the DD/ Bank counterfoil. What is the next step?
Ans. After completing the registration, you will receive an email with your SNAP ID and password. You can use these credentials for further steps.
Ques. I forgot to mention my SNAP ID on my DD before sending it. What do I do now?
Ans. You should send an email to “email@example.com giving your name, SNAP ID, DD number, bank name, along with an application addressing your situation.
Ques. When can we download the admit card of SNAP 2019?
Ans. You can download SNAP 2019 Admit Card from December 2, 2019.
Ques. How can we download the admit card?
Ans. Admit Card can be downloaded by using your SNAP ID on SNAP online portal. There is no other mode to get Admit Card.
Ques. Is there any use of Admit card after the examination is over?
Ans. Yes, SNAP Admit card will also be required in the counselling process.
Ques. Is negative marking applicable in SNAP?
Ans. Yes, there will be negative marking for the incorrect response.
Ques. Will Symbiosis University release the Answer key after SNAP 2019?
Ans. No, The authority does not release any answer key for the candidates.
Ques. When will the SNAP result 2019 be announced?
Ans. SNAP 2019 Result will be announced on January 10, 2019.
Ques. Where can we check SNAP 2019 Result?
Ans. Candidates can check their result on the official portal website snaptest.org using their SNAP ID.
Ques. What is the selection procedure to get admission through SNAP?
Ans. SNAP Selection Process consists of two stages: the SNAP Test and Second stage which consists of Group Exercise (GE), Personal Interaction (PI), and Writing Aptitude Test (WAT).
Ques. I have cleared SNAP 2019, is it necessary to appear in Group Exercise?
Ans. Yes, it is mandatory for the shortlisted aspirants to appear for all the tests of GE, PI & WAT to be eligible for admission to any PG program of Symbiosis International University (SIU).
Ques. Does Symbiosis University release Cutoff?
Ans. Yes, the cut off is released by the Symbiosis University after the declaration of result. Based on the cut-off score a merit list is prepared and shortlisted candidates are called for the second round of selection procedure.
Ques. How are candidates selected for admission into the Institute that accepts SNAP score?
Ans. Admissions will be done as per candidate’s performance in the SNAP 2019 & other admission rounds.
Ques. How is the final merit list prepared?
Ans. The final merit list will be prepared by SIU on the basis of marks scored in SNAP Test and GE/PIWAT process. SNAP Test is of 150 marks which are scaled down to 50 marks for SNAP Selection Process. Group Exercise, Personal Interaction, and Writing Ability Test are of 10, 30 and 10 marks respectively.
Ques. How are seats allotted?
Ans. Seats are allotted to candidates as per their rank in the merit list and availability of seats in colleges.
Ques. What is the difficulty level of the SNAP exam?
Ans. As compared to other competitive Management exams like CAT, difficulty level of SNAP is expected to be low.
Ques. Is snap syllabus based on 12th or graduation?
Ans. The syllabus for SNAP contains questions of graduation level.
Ques. Is SNAP offered MBA program only?
Ans. Candidates qualifying the examinations are eligible for admissions into 23 Management courses offered by the institutes associated with it.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College