SRMHCAT 2021 will be conducted in online mode i.e. computer based test. There will be a total of 100 questions in the question paper of 300 marks. The type of question paper will only have objective type questions. Candidates will get 2 hours time to complete the question paper.
- The exam consists of 5 sections having questions of general knowledge, quantitative, logical reasoning, English, and data interpretation. Check SRMHCAT 2021 Syllabus
- The question paper will be available only in the English language only.
- Every correct answer is awarded 3 marks.
- The wrong answer leads to the deduction of 1 mark.
Read the article to know more about SRMHCAT exam pattern, syllabus, books, and marking scheme.
SRMHCAT 2021 Exam Pattern Highlights
Given below are the important highlights of the exam pattern of SRMHCAT 2021. The question paper will be conducted in the English language in online mode only.
|Exam Pattern Highlight|
|Exam Mode||Computer based Test (Online)|
|Number of papers||1|
|Number of questions||100 questions|
|Number of parts||Five|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|NIMCET Total marks||300|
|Exam duration||2 hours|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for each correct response|
|Negative Marking||1 mark for each incorrect response|
SRMHCAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- SRMHCAT is conducted in online mode. There are a total number of 100 questions to be done in 120 minutes.
- The type of question paper is objective type. The question paper will only available in the English language. Every correct answer is awarded 3 marks.
- There is also a negative marking of 1/3rd i.e. every wrong answer will result in the deduction of 1 mark.
- SRMHCAT 2021 Exam consists of five parts having questions on different subjects.
- The questions will be based on data interpretation, quantitative, reasoning, GK/ CA/ BA, and English.
- There are a total number of 20 questions in each part.
- The complete paper is of 300 marks.
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|GK/ CA/ BA||20||60|
SRMHCAT 2021 Marking scheme
- SRMHCAT 2021 consists of 300 marks. Each question carries equal marks in the question paper.
- For every correct answer candidates will be awarded 3 marks.
- There is a deduction of 1 mark for every wrong answer.
Given below is the marking scheme of SRMHCAT 2021:
|Every single correct answer will get||3 marks|
|Every single wrong answer result in deduction of||1 mark|
SRMHCAT 2021 Syllabus
For the candidates, to score well in the exam it is important to know the SRMHCAT 2021 syllabus. The detailed section-wise syllabus for SRMHCAT 2021 is given below:
The section of data interpretation checks the candidate’s ability to pick out critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations. Given below is the syllabus for Data Interpretation candidates should check for the better understanding of the subject.
- Data Interpretation based on text
- Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables – Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn diagram, etc.
This section of quantitative checks the candidate’s skill in solving mathematical problems of graduate level, plus two or equivalent level. Given below is the syllabus for quantitative candidates should check for the ample knowledge and to score well in exam.
|Ratios and Proportion||Ratios|
|Percentages||In – equations|
|Algebra and Profit & Loss||Averages|
|Percentages||Partnership & Time – Speed – Distance|
|Work and time||Probability|
|Permutations & Combinations||--|
This section of reasoning checks the candidate’s skill on solving logical reasoning. Given below is the syllabus for reasoning:
|Puzzles||Identifying valid inferences|
|Syllogisms||Identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments|
|Functions||Statements and Conclusions|
|Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people||Cause and Effect|
|Symbol Based problems||Identifying Probably true|
|Coding and decoding||Probably false|
|Identifying next number in series||Definitely false kind of statement|
|Critical reasoning||Linear arrangements|
|Visual reasoning||Matrix arrangements|
|Assumption – Premise – Conclusion||Statements and assumptions|
|Assertion and reasons||--|
The section of English checks the candidates understanding of English language and grammar. Given below is the syllabus of English candidates should check.
|Comprehension of passage||Verbal Reasoning|
|Fill in the Blanks||Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences|
|Sentence Correction||Sentence completion|
|Sentence Correction||Odd man out|
|Idioms||One word substitution|
|Different usage of same word etc.||--|
GK/ CA/ BA Section
This section checks the candidate’s knowledge on Business Affairs, current affairs and General knowledge. Candidates can check the syllabus given below for GK.
|General Knowledge Syllabus|
|Punch line of companies||Top officials of big companies|
|Major corporate events||Famous award and prizes|
SRMHCAT 2021 Recommended Books
Books play an important part in the life of candidates preparing for entrance exam. Given below are some of the important books which would be helpful in the preparation of SRMHCAT 2021 exam.
Books for Quantitative Section
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Aggarwal|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT Common Admission Tests||Sarvesh K. Verma|
Books for Data Interpretation
|How to prepare for data interpretation||Arun Sharma|
|CAT 2017 Data Interpretation||Gautam Puri|
|Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency for CAT||Dinesh K Sinha|
Books for English
|CAT Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||Gautam Puri|
|Objective General English||S.P. Bakshi|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT||Arun Sharma|
Books for Reasoning Section
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for the CAT||Nishit K Sinha|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S Aggarwal|
Books for GK/ CA / BA Section
|Current Affairs & General Knowledge for Competitive Exams||Disha Experts|
SRMHCAT 2021 Exam Day Instructions
Given below are the important instructions for SRMHCAT 2021 candidates should follow:
- Candidate should reach the exam center 1 hour prior than the exam.
- It is compulsory to bring admit card, without the admit card entry would be prohibited.
- No electronic item is allowed in the examination hall which is considered as the subject of cheating.
- Failure to follow instruction written in the examination will lead to disqualification.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.