Table of Contents
SRMHCAT 2020 Exam Dates (Revised), Application Form, Syllabus and Cut off
SRMHCAT 2020 is conducted for admission to engineering, management, law and commerce courses at UG and PG program offered by SRM University Delhi NCR Sonepat. It is an online entrance exam held for a duration of 150 minutes to test candidate’s aptitude and management skills. Application process for round 2 has commenced on the official website https://www.srmuniversity.
- Candidate can download SRMHCAT 2020 Admit Card from the official website.
- SRMHCAT 2020 Exam Pattern consists of 100 objective type questions divided in to 5 sections i.e. Data Interpretation, English, Quantitative, Reasoning, General Knowledge, Current Affairs.
- Each section has 20 questions and each question carries 3 marks for right answer and (-) 1 mark for wrong answer as per Negative Marking Scheme.
- The participants can check SRMHCAT Result on the official website SRM University.
SRMHCAT 2020 Highlights
|Date of entrance exam||May 30 – 31, 2020 (Revised Date)|
|Conducting Body||SRM University Delhi NCR Sonepat|
|Mode of SRMHCAT||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Medium of SRMHCAT||English|
|Duration of SRMHCAT||2 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||Objective Type 100 Questions|
SRMHCAT 2020 Exam Dates
Application Form for SRMHCAT 2020 available from March 25, 2020. SRMHCAT 2020 is to be held on May 30 – 31, 2020. SRMHCAT 2020 exam dates are given below in the table: -
|SRMHCAT 2020 Application Form Availability||March 25, 2020|
|Last date of Submission of Application Form||April 23, 2020|
|Slot Booking for SRMHCAT 2020 Exam||slots available forenoon and afternoon slots|
|Availability Of Admit Card||Last Week of April 2020|
|Date of entrance exam||May 30 – 31, 2020|
|Declaration of Rank List||Second Week of June, 2020|
|Commencement of Counselling||Thrid Week of June, 2020|
SRMHCAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
SRMHCAT 2020 eligibility is based on academic qualification, minimum secured marks in qualifying exam as is given below herewith:
- Candidate must have 3-years graduation degree from any recognized university or institute.
- Minimum 50% marks must have secured in the graduation
- Appearing in Final year of Graduation Exams can apply for SRMHCAT 2020 provided marks sheet of graduation exam will have to be produced at the time of counselling.
SRMHCAT Courses Offered
|Stream||UG Courses||PG courses|
|Management||BBA Integrated-MBA Certificate Programme in Travel & Tourism Management||MBA|
|Law||BA LLB (Hons) BBA LLB (Hons) BCom LLB (Hons) LLB(Hons)||LLM|
|Commerce and other stream||B Com (Hons) B Com (e-Commerce) B Ed BJMC B Lib Sic Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering Technology||M Com MJMC M Lib Sic|
SRMHCAT 2020 – Application Form
Application Form for SRMHCAT 2020 is available from March 25, 2020. SRMHCAT 2020 Application Form can be obtained through both online and offline. Process for online submission of application form start from online registration on official website of SRM University i.e. https://www.srmuniversity.
Steps for online submission of SRMHCAT 2020 exam application form are as follows:
- Visit Admission Portal https://www.srmuniversity.
- Get Registration by filling required information like: Name, Email Address, Mobile Number, Make Password, State and City etc
- Click on Register Button
- Message will be on screen: Your Account Creation was Successful
- Open your Email Account
- Open email from SRM University
- Click on Verification Link
- Go Back to the Portal
- Login with Registered Email Address and Password
- Select Course applying for
- Click on Application Form for SRMHCAT 2020
- Fill Personal Details, Parent’s Details, Address Details, Academic Details
- Upload files for Self Photograph, Signature, Mark sheets (Each File not above 500 kb of size)
- Submit and take a review
- Proceed to payment section
- Make payment with either Net Banking or Debit Card or Credit Card
- The application process is complete
Offline Mode for submitting SRMHCAT 2020 Application Form
- Application from will be available in office of SRM University. It can be bought by paying prescribed amount for application form.
- Fill it completely
- Attach photocopies of all academic records as is required
- Get a DD of prescribed fee for SRMHCAT 2020 from any bank in the name of SRMIST, payable at Chennai
- Post it on SRM University Delhi NCR Sonepat
SRMHCAT 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card for SRMHCAT 2020 Exam will be available on official website portal i.e. https://www.srmuniversity.
How to Download Admit Card
- Go to above given Portal
- Login with registered Email address and Password
- Your Account will open
- Go to Admit Card for SRMHCAT 2020
- Download “SRMHCAT Admit Card” and take a print out
Admit card for SRMHCAT 2020 will be a compulsory document to carry with in examination hall without which entrance to examination hall and attempt for SRMHCAT 2020 exam will not be permitted in any case.
Information on Admit Card for SRMHCAT 2020 exam will be related to candidate and exam e.g. Name of Candidate, Address, Date of Birth, Name of Examination, Address of Examination Center, Candidate’s Photograph and Signature etc. Keep one Photo ID Proof with Admit Card for verification purpose.
SRMHCAT 2020 Exam Centres
SRMHCAT 2020 exam centre are available across India. A candidate can select 3 exam centres and give preferences from 1 to 3. The list of exam centres along with their respective codes is given below in the table: -
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur||102||New Delhi||New Delhi||155|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal||148||West Bengal||Kolkata||197|
SRMHCAT 2020 Exam Pattern
SRMHCAT 2020 entrance exam is a computer based test. The duration of exam is 2 hours. The candidates have to answer 100 objective type questions. These 100 questions are divided in 5 sections consisting 20 questions in each. SRMHCAT 2020 exam is of total 300 marks; each question carries 3 marks. 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer. SRM CAT 2020 exam pattern highlights are as follows:
|Exam pattern highlights table|
|Mode of SRMHCAT||Online Computer Based Test|
|Number of Questions||Total 100; 20 questions in each section|
|Duration of SRMHCAT||2 hours|
|Sections in Paper||5|
|Medium of SRMHCAT||English|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for each Right Answer|
|Negative Marking||(-) 1 for each Wrong Answer|
SRMHCAT 2020 Syllabus
The Syllabus for SRMHCAT 2020 involves 5 sections. 20 questions will be asked from each section.
SRMHCAT 2020 syllabus as displayed by SRM University is as follows:
SECTION 1: DATA INTERPRETATION: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s ability to pick out critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations.
- Data Interpretation based on text, Data Interpretation based on graphs and tables.
- Graphs can be Column graphs, Bar Graphs, Line charts, Pie chart, Graphs representing Area, Venn Diagram, etc.
SECTION 2: QUANTITATIVE: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the skill on solving mathematical problems of graduate level including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level.
- Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In – equations, Algebra and Profit & Loss
- Averages, Percentages, Partnership & Time – Speed – Distance, Work and time
- Probability, Permutations & Combinations
SECTION 3: REASONING: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s skill on Logical reasoning
- Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption – Premise – Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences, identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and Conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.
- Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding, Sequencing, identifying next number in series, etc.
SECTION 4: ENGLISH: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the skill of the candidate on written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation and the like.
- Comprehension of passage
- Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences
- Sentence Correction, Sentence completion, Sentence Correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
SECTION 5: GK/CA/BA: (20 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s skill on General knowledge, current affairs and Business Affairs
- Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- Science, History, Geography, International organizations
- Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.
SRMHCAT 2020 Result
Result for SRMHCAT 2020 entrance exam is expected to be announced in the 1st week of June, 2020. Result will be displayed on its official website i.e. https://srmuniv.ac.in. The steps to check the SRMHCAT 2020 results are given below:
Steps to download SRMHCAT 2020 Score Card:
- Visit www.srmist.edu.in
- Go to Results SRMHCAT 2020
- A form will open
- Fill required information: Application No. and Date of Birth
- Click on Submit
- Result will be on screen
- Download it and note your rank
SRMHCAT 2020 Counselling
SRMHCAT 2020 counselling process starts after the declaration of the results. A Rank list is disclosed on SRM University’s website and the accordingly the schedule for counselling is also mentioned. Candidate needs to download Counselling Call Letter from www.srmist.edu.in fill it, take a print out and submit.
Candidate must carry below mentioned documents during counselling process:
- All Academic Records in original from Class 10th to Graduation like Certificate / Degree / Mark Sheet
- Photo ID Proof showing Candidate’s Photo, Address, Date of Birth and Father’s or Mother’s Name or both
- Score Card of SRMHCAT 2020 downloaded from www.srmist.edu.in
- Admit Card for SRMHCAT 2020 Exam
- Counselling Call Letter
- 5 Self Photographs
- 2 self-attested photocopies set of all documents mentioned above along with the Originals.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College