UPCATET 2019 Application Form (Available) Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
UPCATET is conducted by Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology, Ayodhya for admission into various UG, PG and Ph.D. courses. UPCATET 2019 is scheduled for multiple dates on May 16 (For UG), 17 (For PG) and 18 (Ph.d.), 2019.
Latest: Registration process has been started from February 20, 2019. Apply Online
- Candidates need to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Check UPCATET Eligibility
- The exam will be held in 6 cities which are Banda, Ayodhya, Kanpur, Meerut, Lucknow and Varanasi. Check UPCATET Exam Center
- The admit cards will be available online on the official website from May 01, 2019.
- The question paper will contain a total of 200 multiple choice questions of 600 marks.
- Total duration of the exam is 3 hours. Check UPCATET Exam Pattern
- UPCATET Result will be declared on May 31 in online mode.
- Candidates clearing the written entrance exam will admission in their choice of Universities accepting UPCATET scores for admissions.
UPCATET 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh Combined Agricultural and Technology Entrance Test (UPCATET)|
|Conducting Body||Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology, Ayodhya|
|Medium||English & Hindi|
|Courses||Under Graduates, Post Graduate and Ph.D|
UPCATET 2019 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the official
|Online Application Form starts from||February 20 to March 31, 2019|
|Form Correction Window||April 2 to 6, 2019|
|Availability of UPCATET Admit Card||May 1, 2019|
|UPCATET 2019 Exam Date||May 16, 17 and 18, 2019|
|Result Declaration||May 31, 2019|
|Submit registration fee for Online Counselling||For UG & Diploma courses: June 3 to 10, 2019|
For PG courses: June 16 to 20, 2019
For Ph.D.: July 10 to 14, 2019
|Upload document for Online Counselling||For UG & Diploma courses: June 3 to 17, 2019|
For PG courses: June 16 to 21, 2019
For Ph.D.: July 10 to 15, 2019
First online counseling process
For UG & Diploma courses: June 21 to July 8, 2019
Second offline counseling process
|For UG & Diploma courses: July 10 to 22, 2019|
For PG courses: July 11 to 26, 2019
|Third online Counselling process for All courses||August 1 to 8, 2019|
UPCATET 2019 Eligibility
Before fill the application form, candidates will have to check if they clear the eligibility criteria. All applicants must have to submit their physical fitness certificate approved by a registered medical practitioner in the specified format as mentioned in the official website.
|Course||Minimum Qualification||Subject Required||Minimum Marks|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Agriculture||12th Standard||Agricultural Science||60%|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Horticulture||12th Standard||PCB||60%|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Forestry||12th Standard||PCM||60%|
|Bachelor in Fisheries Science||12th Standard||PCMB||60%|
|Bachelor in Veterinary Science||12th Standard||PCB / PCMB & English||50%|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Home Science||12th Standard||Arts with Home Science / PCB/PCM/PCMB/Agricultural Science||60%|
|M.Sc. Agriculture Biochemistry / Agricultural Economics/ Agricultural Economics & Management/ Agronomy/ Animal Husbandry/ Dairy Technology/ Live Stock Production and Management/ Genetics & Plant Breeding/ Soil Science/ Soil Science & Agriculture Chemistry||B.Sc. Agriculture||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Home Science||BSc Home Science||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Agriculture Biotechnology||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Biotechnology||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Agricultural Meteorology/ Horticulture/ Nematology||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Agricultural Statistics||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Entomology/ Plant Pathology/ Plant Physiology/ Crop Physiology/ Seed Science & Technology/ Soil Conservation& Water Management||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry||-||60%|
|Masters in Veterinary Science||B.V Sc & AH||-||OGPA 5.50|
- For courses BVS and C & AH minimum age limit is 17 years and maximum 23 years as on December 31, 2019; and 5 years of relaxation for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
- For the other courses, minimum age limit of the candidates is 16 years and maximum 22 years; and the relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST OBC candidates.
UPCATET 2019 Application Form
Students can check here the details of online application form of UPCATET 2019:
- UPCATET Application Form has been released in online mode.
- The online application form has been released from February 20, 2019 to March 31, 2019.
- Students should fill all the details on the application form carefully.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned image of recent photograph (online mode).
- Candidates should take a print copy of the complete filled-in application form for future use.
- There is no option for sending of the off-line/hard copy of application form.
For the candidates belonging for the OBC and General Categories is INR 1250 and For SC/ST candidates is INR 1050 and application fee should be deposited in the form of bank draft at any branch of SBI
|General and Other Backward Class||INR 1250|
|SC / ST||INR 1050|
Note: The university also accepts late payment of fees with a fine of INR 300 from May 1 – 5, 2019.
UPCATET 2019 Admit Card
The admit cards will be available online on the official website. UPCATET 2019 admit card will be available from May 1, 2019 onwards to download. It will not be delivered to the candidate via courier or post services. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall without admit card.
You shall also bring one photo ID proof:
- Driving license
- Voter ID
- PAN card
- Aadhar card or any other govt. ID and
- Notarized Affidavit with a photo in which the photo of applicant is attached and clearly visible.
Candidates will not be permitted to appear for UPCATET 2019 without showing correct and suitable photo identification.
Candidates are advised to download two copies of UPCATET Admit Card 2019 because one has to be self-attested and deposited to the invigilator for their signature & which will be preserved and which will be required during counseling procedure and another one has to be carried along on the date of the examination.
Steps to Download Admit Card
- Firstly, visit the official website i.e. upcatet.org
- Click on the link “UPCATET Admit card”.
- Enter the required credentials i.e. Class group, Challan number/ registration number/ roll number and Date of birth.
- UPCATET Admit Card will be displayed on your screen.
- Check and download the same for future reference.
UPCATET 2019 Exam Center
- UPCATET 2019 will be held in 6 cities which are Banda, Ayodhya, Kanpur, Meerut, Lucknow and Varanasi.
- A total of 22 centers will be made in these 6 cities.
- If there is no availability of seats in the selected exam center, then the next nearest center will be allotted.
- It is advisable to reach the exam center 1 hour earlier to avoid last minute issues and delays.
- Once allotted, the exam center will not be changed.
UPCATET 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates who wish to appear for the exam must be aware of UPCATET 2019 Exam Pattern which is set by the conducting body.
- The exam consists of objective type multiple choice questions.
- Total duration of the exam for UG, PG (except MBA) is 3 hours and Ph.D. is 2 hours.
- The question paper will be in both English and Hindi languages.
There will be four groups of UPCATET question paper for BSc and BTech course admissions as mentioned below:
|Course Opted||Segment||Subjects Covered||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Bachelor Degree in Science courses (Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Forestry, and Veterinary Science)||PCB||General Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Biology||200||600|
|Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Home Science, B.Tech||PCM||General Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics||200||600|
|B.Sc. Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Forestry, B.Tech Courses||PAG||General Studies, Agriculture Physics, Agriculture Chemistry, Agriculture Zoology, Agriculture Botany, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Dairying, Horticulture, Agriculture Engineering, Agriculture Statistics, Mathematics||200||600|
|B.Sc. Home Science||-||General Studies, English, Hindi, Sociology, Economics, Geography, Home Science||200||600|
The post-graduation courses exam pattern will contain questions from the subject of their specialization –
|Course Applied for||Subjects Covered||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|M Sc Home science||General Studies, Food & Nutrition, Home Management, Child Development, Home Science , Clothing & Textiles, Statistics||200||600|
|Masters in Agriculture and Horticulture||General Studies, Agronomy, Agro meteorology, Horticulture, Soil Science, Agriculture Engineering, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Agriculture Biochemistry, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Entomology, Plant Pathology & Nematology ,Agriculture Economics, Seed Technology, Soil Conservation, Statistics, Biotechnology, Forestry||200||600|
|M. SC||General Studies, Veterinary Microbiology, LPM, Surgery & Radiology, Animal genetics & Breeding, Animal Nutrition, Physiology & Biochemistry, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Parasitology, Pathology, Epidemiology & Public Health, Gynaecology, Medicine||200||600|
- For every correct answer, 3 marks are awarded to the students.
- Candidates are advised to read the questions carefully because for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted from the total marks.
- No marks are deducted for the unattempted questions.
UPCATET 2019 Result
NDUAT, Ayodhya will be declared UPCATET 2019 result on May 31, 2019. Aspirants can check their result by using their application number, roll number and date of birth. Candidates need to note that the date of birth mentioned by them on the website to check their result should be in date-month-year format.
Steps to View UPCATET 2019 Result
Step 1: Visit official website of UPCATET exam
Step 2: Click on “UPCATET 2019 Result” tab
Step 3: Enter Class group, Challan number/ registration number/ roll number and Date of birth.
Step 4: View result for UPCATET exam
Step 5: Download and print UPCATET scorecard
Cut off percentage of marks in UPCATET is usually 20% for General/ OBC and 10% for SC/ ST category.
UPCATET 2019 Counselling
UPCATET 2019 counselling procedure will commence from June 5 – 15, 2019. No call letter will be sent to applicants individually. Admission will be done on the basis of merit list i.e. the marks acquired in UPCATET 2019.
- After UPCATET results are declared, all qualifying candidates are allotted seats in their respective course and university through counselling.
- Seats are allotted on the basis of merit-cum-reservation-cum-choice available at the time of counselling.
- For UPCATET 2019 counselling, candidates can download their counselling letters from the official website of the exam after the results are declared.
- UPCATET counselling letter would contain details such as date, time, and place of the counselling session.
- All candidates need to appear for the counselling as per the schedule mentioned in the letter.
- Documents that candidates need to bring at the time of UPCATET 2019 counselling are as mentioned below. It may be noted that candidates need to carry five sets of all the documents.
|Downloaded copy of the online application form duly attested by Registrar/ Principal/ Dean of last attended college/ institution||Attested photocopies of Class X and XII certificates and mark sheets|
|Original and attested photocopies of marks sheets and certificates of Bachelor and Master Degree courses||Domicile certificate of Uttar Pradesh state issued by the competent authority|
|Original copy of sport weightage certificate||Original copy of character and conduct certificate from the Head of last attended college/ institution|
|Five passport size photographs with name and roll number written on the back||Original copy of OBC category certificate issued after March 31, 2019 or valid on counselling date|
|An affidavit accounting for discontinuity of more than three months after leaving the college/ institution last attended||Original copy of transfer/ migration certificate|
|Two bank drafts of INR 500 (as counselling fee) and INR 5,000 (as initiation fee)|
Candidates who do not turn up when their name is called will be given another chance at the end of the day. However, such candidates “can claim only the programmes in which seats are available at that time and as per their qualifications/ groups,” informs the official website.
Note: If a candidate fails to submit any certificate mentioned above or counselling or advance institution fee, their admission will be cancelled.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College