UPCATET 2018 is the Uttar Pradesh Combined Agricultural and Technology Entrance Test, conducted by by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology, Meerut for admission in various for Under Graduates Programs, Post Graduate Programs, M.Tech, PhD Programs and MBA for the academic year 2018-19. UPCATET 2018 is scheduled to be conducted from May 16 – 18, 2018.
- UPCATET Application Form 2018 is available online at official website i.e. upcatet.org till March 31, 2018.
- Candidates must be Bachelor and or master degree in Agriculture or allied disicpines.
- UPCATET 2018 Admit Card can be downloaded from May 1, 2018.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- UPCATET will declare Result of UPCATET 2018 on May 31, 2018.
- Cut off percentage of marks in UPCATET is usually 20% for General/ OBC and 10% for SC/ ST category.
- Candidates clearing the written entrance exam will then be eligible to secure admission in a course of their choice in Universities Accepting UPCATET Scores forAdmissions.
UPCATET 2018 Highlights
|Date of UPCATET 2018||May 16 – 18, 2018|
|Conducting Body||Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel University of Agriculture and Technology|
|Mode of UPCATET 2018||Offline|
|Medium of UPCATET 2018||English & Hindi|
|Duration of UPCATET 2018||3 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||200 (Multiple Choice Questions)|
UPCATET 2018 Exam Dates
Students can check here the UPCATET official exam date:
|Online Application Form starts from||February 20, 2018||UPCATET Application ends on March 31, 2018|
|Availability of UPCATET Admit Card||May 1, 2018||Download Admit Card from upcatet.org|
|UPCATET 2018 Exam Date||May 16 – 18, 2018||Exam duration will be 3 hours|
|Result Declaration||May 31, 2018||Check UPCATET Result online at upcatet.org|
|UPCATET Counselling||June 5 – 15, 2018||-|
UPCATET 2018 Eligibility
Before fill the application form, candidates will have to check if they clear the eligibility criteria. All applicants must have submitted their physical fitness certificate approved by a registered medical practitioner in the specified format as mentioned in the official website.
|Course||Minimum Qualification||Subject Required||Minimum Marks|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Agriculture||12th Standard||Agricultural Science||60%|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Horticulture||12th Standard||PCB||60%|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Forestry||12th Standard||PCM||60%|
|Bachelor in Fisheries Science||12th Standard||PCMB||60%|
|Bachelor in Veterinary Science||12th Standard||PCB / PCMB & English||50%|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Home Science||12th Standard||Arts with Home Science / PCB/PCM/PCMB/Agricultural Science||60%|
|M.Sc. Agriculture Biochemistry / Agricultural Economics/ Agricultural Economics & Management/ Agronomy/ Animal Husbandry/ Dairy Technology/ Live Stock Production and Management/ Genetics & Plant Breeding/ Soil Science/ Soil Science & Agriculture Chemistry||B.Sc. Agriculture||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Home Science||BSc Home Science||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Agriculture Biotechnology||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Biotechnology||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Agricultural Meteorology/ Horticulture/ Nematology||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Agricultural Statistics||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Entomology/ Plant Pathology/ Plant Physiology/ Crop Physiology/ Seed Science & Technology/ Soil Conservation& Water Management||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry||-||60%|
|Masters in Veterinary Science||B.V Sc & AH||-||OGPA 5.50|
- For courses BVS and C & AH minimum age limit is 17 years and maximum 23 years as on December 31, 2018; and 05 years of relaxation for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
- For the other course, minimum age limit of the candidates is 16 years and maximum 22 years; and the relaxation of 05 years for SC/ST OBC candidates.
UPCATET 2018 Application Form
Students can check here the details of online application form of UPCATET 2018:
- UPCATET Application Form has been released in online mode.
- The online application form has been released from February 20, 2018 to March 31, 2018.
- Students should fill all the details on the application form carefully.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned image of recent photograph (online mode).
- Candidates should take a print copy of the complete filled-in application form for future use.
- There is no option for sending of the off-line/hard copy of application form.
For the candidates belonging for the OBC and General Categories is INR 1250 and For SC/ST candidates is INR 1050 and application fee should be deposited in the form of bank draft at any branch of SBI
|General and Other Backward Class||INR 1250|
|SC / ST||INR 1050|
Note: The university also accepts late payment of fees with a fine of INR 300 from May 1 – 5, 2018.
UPCATET 2018 Admit Card
The admit cards will be available online on the official website. UPCATET 2018 admit card will be available from May 1, 2018 onwards to download. UPCATET Admit card will not be delivered to candidate via courier or post services. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall without admit card.
You shall also bring one photo ID proof:
- Driving license
- Voter ID
- PAN card
- Aadhar card or any other govt. ID and
- Notarized Affidavit with photo in which the photo of applicant is attached and clearly visible.
Candidates will not be permitted to appear for UPCATET 2018 without showing correct and suitable photo identification.
Candidates are advised to download two copies of UPCATET Admit Card 2018 because one has to be self-attested and deposited to the invigilator for their signature & which will be preserved and which will be required during counselling procedure and the another one have to be carried along on the date of the examination.
Steps to Download Admit Card
- Firstly, visit the official website i.e. upcatet.org
- Click on the link “UPCATET Admit card”.
- Enter the required credentials i.e. Class group, Challan number/ registration number/ roll number and Date of birth.
- UPCATET Admit Card will be displayed on your screen.
- Check and download the same for future reference.
UPCATET 2018 Exam Centre
- UPCATET 2018 will be held in 7 cities which are Banda, Kanpur, Mahoba, Meerut, Lucknow, Faizabad and Varanasi.
- A total of 22 centers will be made in these 7 cities.
- If there is no availability of seats in the selected exam centre, then the next nearest centre will be allotted.
- It is advisable to reach the exam centre 1 hour earlier to avoid last minute issues and delays.
- Once allotted, the exam centre will not be changed.
UPCATET 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates who wish to appear for exam must be aware of UPCATET 2018 Exam Pattern that is followed for the examination before the commencement of preparation for it.
UPCATET 2018 exam pattern for BSc and BTech courses is such that the question paper will contain a total of 200 multiple choice questions of 600 marks that candidates need to complete in three hours duration. The question paper will be in both English and Hindi languages.
Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer and one mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
There will be four groups of UPCATET question paper for BSc and BTech course admissions as mentioned below:
|Course Opted||Segment||Subjects Covered||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Bachelor Degree in Science courses (Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Forestry, and Veterinary Science)||PCB||General Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Biology||200||600|
|Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Home Science, B.Tech||PCM||General Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics||200||600|
|B.Sc. Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Forestry, B.Tech Courses||PAG||General Studies, Agriculture Physics, Agriculture Chemistry, Agriculture Zoology, Agriculture Botany, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Dairying, Horticulture, Agriculture Engineering, Agriculture Statistics, Mathematics||200||600|
|B.Sc. Home Science||-||General Studies, English, Hindi, Sociology, Economics, Geography, Home Science||200||600|
The post-graduation courses exam pattern will contain questions from the subject of their specialisation –
|Course Applied for||Subjects Covered||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|M Sc Home science||General Studies, Food & Nutrition, Home Management, Child Development, Home Science , Clothing & Textiles, Statistics||200||600|
|Masters in Agriculture and Horticulture||General Studies, Agronomy, Agro meteorology, Horticulture, Soil Science, Agriculture Engineering, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Agriculture Biochemistry, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Entomology, Plant Pathology & Nematology ,Agriculture Economics, Seed Technology, Soil Conservation, Statistics, Biotechnology, Forestry||200||600|
|M. SC||General Studies, Veterinary Microbiology, LPM, Surgery & Radiology, Animal genetics & Breeding, Animal Nutrition, Physiology & Biochemistry, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Parasitology, Pathology, Epidemiology & Public Health, Gynaecology, Medicine||200||600|
UPCATET 2018 Result
UPCATET 2018 result is declared by Uttar Pradesh Combined Agriculture and Technology Entrance Test (UPCATET) on the official website on May 31, 2018. Aspirants can check their result for by filling their application number, roll number and date of birth on the official website. Candidates need to note that the date of birth mentioned by them on the website to check their result should be in date-month-year format.
Steps to View UPCATET 2018 Result
Step 1: Visit official website of UPCATET exam
Step 2: Click on “UPCATET 2018 Result” tab
Step 3: Enter Class group, Challan number/ registration number/ roll number and Date of birth.
Step 4: View result for UPCATET exam
Step 5: Download and print UPCATET scorecard
Cut off percentage of marks in UPCATET is usually 20% for General/ OBC and 10% for SC/ ST category.
UPCATET 2018 Counselling
UPCATET 2018 counselling procedure will commence from June 5 – 15, 2018. No call letter will be sent to applicants individually. Admission will be done on the basis of merit list i.e. the marks acquired in UPCATET 2018.
- After UPCATET results are declared, all qualifying candidates are allotted seats in their respective course and university through counselling.
- Seats are allotted on the basis of merit-cum-reservation-cum-choice available at the time of counselling.
- For UPCATET 2018 counselling, candidates can download their counselling letters from the official website of the exam after the results are declared.
- UPCATET counselling letter would contain details such as date, time, and place of the counselling session.
- All candidates need to appear for the counselling as per the schedule mentioned in the letter.
- Documents that candidates need to bring at the time of UPCATET 2018 counselling are as mentioned below. It may be noted that candidates need to carry five sets of all the documents.
|Downloaded copy of the online application form duly attested by Registrar/ Principal/ Dean of last attended college/ institution||Attested photocopies of Class X and XII certificates and mark sheets|
|Original and attested photocopies of marks sheets and certificates of Bachelor and Master Degree courses||Domicile certificate of Uttar Pradesh state issued by the competent authority|
|Original copy of sport weightage certificate||Original copy of character and conduct certificate from the Head of last attended college/ institution|
|Five passport size photographs with name and roll number written on the back||Original copy of OBC category certificate issued after March 31, 2018 or valid on counselling date|
|An affidavit accounting for discontinuity of more than three months after leaving the college/ institution last attended||Original copy of transfer/ migration certificate|
|Two bank drafts of INR 500 (as counselling fee) and INR 5,000 (as initiation fee)|
Candidates who do not turn up when their name is called will be given another chance at the end of the day. However, such candidates “can claim only the programmes in which seats are available at that time and as per their qualifications/ groups,” informs the official website.
Note: If a candidate fails to submit any certificate mentioned above or counselling or advance institution fee, their admission will be cancelled.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College