Table of Contents
UPCATET 2020 Exam(Postponed),Application Form(Extended), Eligibility, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
UPCATET 2020 exam dates has been postponed due to COVID-19 outbreak. Revised dates will be announced later. As per the latest notification, the last date to apply for UPCATET 2020 has been further extended from April 23 to June 2 2020 due to COVID-19 outbreak. UPCATET is conducted on a rotational basis by four different universities that fall under Uttar Pradesh Krishi Avam Prodyogik Vishwavidyalaya. Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture & Technology, Kanpur will be organising UPCATET 2020 for admission into various UG, PG and PhD courses. Candidates seeking admission to agricultural courses can fill the UPCATET Application Form on or before June 2, 2020.
The last date for Application fee submission is now June 3, 2020, till 3:00 pm. The fee has to be paid through online mode. The UPCATET application form correction window will be open after the application submission is successfully completed. Candidates are advised to check UPCATET Eligibility criteria and then proceed with the application process.
UPCATET 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh Combined Agricultural and Technology Entrance Test (UPCATET)|
|Conducting Body||Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology, Ayodhya|
|Medium||English & Hindi|
|Courses||Under Graduates, Post Graduate and PhD|
UG – 1734
PG – 583
PhD – 258
Diploma – 100
UPCATET 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the official schedule of UPCATET 2020 from the table below:-
|Online Application Form starts from||February 20 toJune 2, 2020 (Extended)|
|Last date to pay the application fee online||June 3, 2020 (Extended)|
|Form Correction Window||to be announced later|
|Availability of UPCATET Admit Card||to be announced later|
|UPCATET 2020 Exam Date||to be announced later|
|Result Declaration||to be announced later|
|Submit registration fee for Online Counselling||For UG & Diploma courses: June 3 to 10, 2020|
For PG courses: June 16 to 20, 2020
|Upload document for Online Counselling||For UG & Diploma courses: June 12, 2020|
For PG courses: June 18, 2020
First Phase of online counselling
For UG & Diploma courses: July 3, 2020
Second Phase of online counselling
|For UG & Diploma courses: July 10 to 22, 2020|
For PG courses: July 11 to 26, 2020
|Third Phase of online counselling for All courses||July 23, 2020|
|UPCATET PhD Counselling||July 11, 2020|
UPCATET 2020 Eligibility
Before filling the application form, candidates must check if they clear the eligibility criteria. All applicants have to submit their physical fitness certificate approved by a registered medical practitioner in the specified format as mentioned in the official website.
|Course||Minimum Qualification||Subject Required||Minimum Marks|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Agriculture||12th Standard||Agricultural Science||60%|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Horticulture||12th Standard||PCB||60%|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Forestry||12th Standard||PCM||60%|
|Bachelor in Fisheries Science||12th Standard||PCMB||60%|
|Bachelor in Veterinary Science||12th Standard||PCB / PCMB & English||50%|
|B.Sc. (Hon) Home Science||12th Standard||Arts with Home Science / PCB/PCM/PCMB/Agricultural Science||60%|
|M.Sc. Agriculture Biochemistry / Agricultural Economics/ Agricultural Economics & Management/ Agronomy/ Animal Husbandry/ Dairy Technology/ Live Stock Production and Management/ Genetics & Plant Breeding/ Soil Science/ Soil Science & Agriculture Chemistry||B.Sc. Agriculture||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Home Science||BSc Home Science||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Agriculture Biotechnology||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Biotechnology||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Agricultural Meteorology/ Horticulture/ Nematology||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Agricultural Statistics||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture||-||60%|
|M.Sc. Entomology/ Plant Pathology/ Plant Physiology/ Crop Physiology/ Seed Science & Technology/ Soil Conservation& Water Management||Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry||-||60%|
|Masters in Veterinary Science||B.V Sc & AH||-||OGPA 5.50|
- For courses BVS and C & AH minimum age limit is 17 years and maximum 23 years as on December 31, 2020; and 5 years of relaxation for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
- For the other courses, minimum age limit of the candidates is 16 years and maximum 22 years; and the relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST OBC candidates.
UPCATET 2020 Application Form
Students can check here the details of online application form of UPCATET 2020:
- UPCATET Application Form has been released on the official website.
- The online application form has been out since February 20, 2020 and will be available till June 2, 2020.
- Students should fill all the details on the application form carefully and the entire application process will be carried out in online mode only.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned image of recent photograph (online mode).
- Candidates should take a print copy of the completely filled-in application form for future use.
- There is no option for sending of the off-line/hard copy of application form.
For the candidates belonging for the OBC and General Categories is INR 1250 and For SC/ST candidates is INR 1050 and application fee should be deposited in the form of bank draft at any branch of SBI
|General and Other Backward Class||INR 1250|
|SC / ST||INR 1050|
UPCATET 2020 Admit Card
The admit cards are available online on the official website. It is not delivered to the candidate via courier or post services. Candidates are not allowed to enter the exam hall without admit card.
You shall also bring one photo ID proof:
- Driving license
- Voter ID
- PAN card
- Aadhar card or any other govt. ID and
- Notarized Affidavit with a photo in which the photo of applicant is attached and clearly visible.
Candidates will not be permitted to appear for UPCATET 2020 without showing correct and suitable photo identification.
Candidates are advised to download two copies of UPCATET Admit Card 2020 because one has to be self-attested and deposited to the invigilator for their signature & which will be preserved and which will be required during counselling procedure and another one has to be carried along on the date of the examination.
Steps to Download Admit Card
- Firstly, visit the official website i.e. upcatet.org
- Click on the link “UPCATET Admit card”.
- Enter the required credentials i.e. Class group, Challan number/ registration number/ roll number and Date of birth.
- UPCATET Admit Card will be displayed on your screen.
- Check and download the same for future reference.
UPCATET 2020 Exam Center
- UPCATET 2020 is held in 6 cities which are Banda, Ayodhya, Kanpur, Meerut, Lucknow and Varanasi.
- If there is no availability of seats in the selected exam center, then the next nearest center will be allotted.
- It is advisable to reach the exam center 1 hour earlier to avoid last minute issues and delays.
- Once allotted, the exam center will not be changed.
UPCATET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates who wish to appear for the exam must be aware of UPCATET 2020 Exam Pattern which is set by the conducting body.
- The exam consists of objective type multiple choice questions.
- Total duration of the exam for UG, PG (except MBA) is 3 hours and PhD is 2 hours.
- The question paper will be in both English and Hindi languages.
There will be four groups of UPCATET question paper for BSc and BTech course admissions as mentioned below:
|Course Opted||Segment||Subjects Covered||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Bachelor Degree in Science courses (Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Forestry, and Veterinary Science)||PCB||General Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Biology||200||600|
|Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Home Science, B.Tech||PCM||General Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics||200||600|
|B.Sc. Agriculture, Fisheries, Horticulture, Home Science, Forestry, B.Tech Courses||PAG||General Studies, Agriculture Physics, Agriculture Chemistry, Agriculture Zoology, Agriculture Botany, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Dairying, Horticulture, Agriculture Engineering, Agriculture Statistics, Mathematics||200||600|
|B.Sc. Home Science||-||General Studies, English, Hindi, Sociology, Economics, Geography, Home Science||200||600|
The post-graduation courses exam pattern will contain questions from the subject of their specialization –
|Course Applied for||Subjects Covered||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|M Sc Home science||General Studies, Food & Nutrition, Home Management, Child Development, Home Science, Clothing & Textiles, Statistics||200||600|
|Masters in Agriculture and Horticulture||General Studies, Agronomy, Agrometeorology, Horticulture, Soil Science, Agriculture Engineering, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Agriculture Biochemistry, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Entomology, Plant Pathology & Nematology, Agriculture Economics, Seed Technology, Soil Conservation, Statistics, Biotechnology, Forestry||200||600|
|M. SC||General Studies, Veterinary Microbiology, LPM, Surgery & Radiology, Animal genetics & Breeding, Animal Nutrition, Physiology & Biochemistry, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Parasitology, Pathology, Epidemiology & Public Health, Gynaecology, Medicine||200||600|
- For every correct answer, 3 marks are awarded to the students.
- Candidates are advised to read the questions carefully because for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted from the total marks.
- No marks are deducted for the unattempted questions.
UPCATET 2020 Result
NDUAT, Ayodhya will declared UPCATET 2020 result after the successful completion of exam. Aspirants can check their result by using their application number, roll number and date of birth. Candidates need to note that the date of birth mentioned by them on the website to check their result should be in date-month-year format.
Steps to View UPCATET 2020 Result
Step 1: Visit official website of UPCATET exam
Step 2: Click on “UPCATET 2020 Result” tab
Step 3: Enter Class group, Challan number/ registration number/ roll number and Date of birth.
Step 4: View result for UPCATET exam
Step 5: Download and print UPCATET scorecard
Cut off percentage of marks in UPCATET is usually 20% for General/ OBC and 10% for SC/ ST category.
UPCATET 2020 Counselling
UPCATET 2020 counselling procedure will commence from June 12, 2020. No call letter will be sent to applicants individually. Admission will be done on the basis of merit list i.e. the marks acquired in UPCATET 2020.
- After UPCATET results are declared, all qualifying candidates are allotted seats in their respective course and university through counselling.
- Seats are allotted on the basis of merit-cum-reservation-cum-choice available at the time of counselling.
- For UPCATET 2020 counselling, candidates can download their counselling letters from the official website of the exam after the results are declared.
- UPCATET counselling letter would contain details such as date, time, and place of the counselling session.
- All candidates need to appear for the counselling as per the schedule mentioned in the letter.
- Documents that candidates need to bring at the time of UPCATET 2020 counselling are as mentioned below. It may be noted that candidates need to carry five sets of all the documents.
|Downloaded copy of the online application form duly attested by Registrar/ Principal/ Dean of last attended college/ institution||Attested photocopies of Class X and XII certificates and mark sheets|
|Original and attested photocopies of marks sheets and certificates of Bachelor and Master Degree courses||Domicile certificate of Uttar Pradesh state issued by the competent authority|
|Original copy of sport weightage certificate||Original copy of character and conduct certificate from the Head of last attended college/ institution|
|Five passport size photographs with name and roll number written on the back||Original copy of OBC category certificate issued after March 31, 2020 or valid on counselling date|
|An affidavit accounting for discontinuity of more than three months after leaving the college/ institution last attended||Original copy of transfer/ migration certificate|
|Two bank drafts of INR 500 (as counselling fee) and INR 5,000 (as initiation fee)|
Candidates who do not turn up when their name is called will be given another chance at the end of the day. However, such candidates “can claim only the programmes in which seats are available at that time and as per their qualifications/ groups,” informs the official website.
Note: If a candidate fails to submit any certificate mentioned above or counselling or advance institution fee, their admission will be cancelled.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College