Table of Contents
UPESMET March 2020 Exam Dates (Announced), Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun, conducts UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET) multiple times in a year. UPESMET 2020 March Session will be conducted from May 29 – 30, 2020 in online mode. Previously, this exam was conducted on April 24 – 26 but due to Coronavirus Pandemic this exam was postponed.
Latest: The last date to apply for UPESMET 2020 is May 26, 2020. Direct Link to apply for UPESMET
- The candidate must have scored minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (Class X and XII) to appear for the exam. Check UPESMET Eligibility
- The question paper consists of 140 objective type questions divided into 4 sections. Check UPESMET Exam Pattern
- Candidate must score above 70% of CAT/XAT score of 75% in MAT/CMAT to be a part of the admission process.
- 1 mark will be awarded for the right answer. There is no provision of negative marking.
- The university grants permission for admission based on NMAT/ CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ GMAT which is followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Check UPESMET Selection Process
UPESMET 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||UPES Management Entrance Test(UPESMET)|
|Mode of Exam||Online Proctor Based|
|Number of Sections||Four|
|Duration of the Exam||150 minutes|
UPESMET 2020: MBA Courses Offered
- Oil & Gas Management
- Energy Trading
- Power Management
- Aviation Management
- Port & Shipping Management
- Real Estate, Infrastructure and Smart Cities
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- International Business Management
- Business Analytics in academic collaboration with IBM
- Human Resources Management / Marketing Management / Financial & Accounting Management / Operations Management
UPESMET 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check the exam scheduled tabulated below:
|Release of UPESMET Application Form 2020||February 12, 2020|
|Last date to fill UPESMET Application Form 2020||May 26, 2020 (Available)|
|UPESMET 2020 Admit Card||No Admit Card*|
|UPESMET 2020 Exam Date||May 29 – 30, 2020|
|Group Discussion/Personal Interview|
Dehradun/Delhi: June 2020 (Tentative)
Note: UPES does not generate admit card for UPESMET. For more details check Admit Card
UPESMET 2020 Eligibility
- The candidate must have scored minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (Class X and XII).
- The candidate must be a Graduate in any subject with minimum 50% marks from a recognized University.
- Candidates who have MAT, CMAT, XAT, CAT, NMAT and GMAT scores of either the same or previous year, are exempted from taking UPESMET 2020.
- Candidates in their final year of qualifying exam are also eligible for UPESMET 2020 provided they can present the passing certificate by the time of admission.
UPESMET 2020: Exam Pathways
Admissions are granted through two pathways:
- Examination pathway: Candidates who appear in UPESMET.
- Non-examination pathway: Candidates who qualify through MAT, CMAT, XAT, CAT, NMAT and GMAT scores.
Up to 50% of the seats will be filled through non-examination pathway category students. There is a provision of 15% reservation for Uttarakhand residents.
Candidate selected in the above two categories will have to face Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds for final admission.
UPESMET 2020: Application Form
The application form is available at upes.ac.in. Currently, admission through Non - Examination Pathway – CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/NMAT by GMAC/GMAT is underway. Candidates having latest MAT scores can apply for UPESMET.
The online application form can be downloaded from the official website. The last date to apply for UPESMET is May 26, 2020.
- Click on the link mentioned for application on the UPES homepage
- Sign up with a valid Gmail ID to access the Prospectus
- Fill in the valid details and submit
- On submission, the candidate will receive an email
- The email will contain a link, which the candidate needs to click to verify registration and activate his/her account on the UPES website
- Once you the candidate has been verified, fill the form online and make the payment online only.
Application fees of INR 1850 are to be paid on an online basis. Please note that you must check all the details once before submitting as editing is not allowed once the form is submitted. The candidates are advised to download a copy of the form submitted for future reference.
UPESMET 2020: Admit Card
UPES does not issue UPESMET Admit card for candidates as it is a centrally proctored exam,i.e., the candidates can appear for the exam from any location. The examining authority sends a link of the exam to the candidates registered email id and the candidate can appear for the exam on the date chosen.
UPESMET 2020 Exam Pattern
UPESMET 2020 will have 140 questions comprising of below mentioned 4 sections of 35 marks each:
|Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||35 marks|
|Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||35 marks|
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario||35 marks|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||35 marks|
UPESMET 2020: Syllabus
UPESMET tests the aspirants mainly based on English, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and Analytical Reasoning.
The candidates must prepare for UPESMET 2020 in the following topics:
UPESMET 2020 Syllabus for Quantitative Ability
|Number System||Modern Mathematics||Higher Maths|
|LCM||Arithmetic Progression||Arithmetic Mean|
|Geometric Progression||Geometric Mean||Harmonic Mean|
|Ratio and Proportion||Percentage||Average|
|Partnership||Time, Speed, Distance||Work and Time|
|Profit and Loss||Instalments and Payments||Partnership|
|Clocks||Work and Time||Pipe and Cisterns|
|Lines||Angles and Triangles||Cubes and Cone|
UPESMET 2020 Syllabus for Data Interpretation
|Pie Chart||Bar Graph||Line Graph|
|Tables||Combination of Graphs||Caselet|
UPESMET 2020 Syllabus for Logical Reasoning
|Data Arrangement||Seating Arrangement||Blood Relations|
|Family Tree||Venn Diagram||Matching Puzzles|
|Constraint Based Puzzles||Syllogism||Proposition|
|Clocks and Calendars||Sets|
UPESMET 2020 Syllabus for English
|Reading and Comprehension||Sentence Correction||Para Jumble and Completion|
|Fact Inference Judgement||Grammar and Vocabulary||Fill in the Blanks|
UPESMET 2020: Results
UPESMET exam is held several times from the month of April to July, therefore results will be announced separately for each. One must follow the steps given below to access the result:
- Log on to UPES website
- Go to UPESMET 2020 page
- Click on the month of exam
- Click on result section
- Enter login credentials
- Check scorecard
- Download scorecard by clicking on ‘download’
UPESMET 2020 scorecard will contain the candidate’s name, roll number, sectional scores and overall score.
Immediately after the announcement of the result, schedule of GD/PI will be announced. Selective candidates and the candidates who applied through non-examination pathway are to report the Dehradun campus for GD/PI round. In case, any candidate does not show up, the seat will be offered to the next best candidate.
Documents to carry for GD/PI:
- UPESMET 2020 scorecard
- UPESMET 2020 payment acknowledgement slip
- Class 10 marksheet (original and photocopy)
- Class 12 marksheet (original and photocopy)
- Graduation marksheet (original and photocopy)
- Migration certificate (original and photocopy)
- Transfer Certificate (original and photocopy)
- Valid photo ID (original and photocopy)
- Address proof (original and photocopy)
- Other relevant documents (original and photocopy)
UPESMET Selection Procedure 2020
|MBA Port & Shipping Management / Aviation Management / Urban Infrastructure & Smart Cities / Business Analytics/ MBA General Management with Specialization in HR / Operations / Mkt / Finance)||Minimum MAT/CMAT score of 75 Percentile|
Minimum CAT/XAT score of 70 percentiles
|MBA Oil & Gas Management / Logistics & Supply Chain Management / Power Management / Energy Trading / International Business||Minimum MAT/CMAT score of 80 Percentile|
Minimum CAT/XAT score of 75 percentiles
NOTE: NMAT Score - Minimum required score will be updated after declaration of NMAT Result
UPESMET 2020 Contact Information
UPESMET Scholarship 2020
5% seats in each program for 25% tuition fee waiver in 1st semester.
- Minimum 80 percentile in CAT/XAT
- Minimum 90 percentile in MAT, NMAT, UPESMET & CMAT.
- Scholarships on limited seats will be provided after the classes commence.
- Candidates who are securing above percentages must fill the form of UPES Application.
- The valid percentiles are only eligible for the scholarship program.
- In the absence of relevant documents, scholarship will not be provided.
- The final decision for scholarships lies with the scholarship committee who has the right to change the policy at any point of time.
UPESMET 2020 FAQs
Ques. What papers I can give to get admission in UPES MBA?
Ans. You can give various national level entrance exams like CAT, XAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, GMAT in order to get admission in UPESMET.
Ques. What is the Exam Pattern for UPESMET 2020?
Ans. UPESMET consists of 140 questions divided among 4 sections- Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness.
Ques. What is the marking scheme for UPESMET 2020?
Ans. As per the marking scheme, 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer and there is no negative marking.
Ques. Can I fill the application form through offline mode?
Ans. NO, Application form has to be filled online only at the official website of UPES. Offline mode is not available.
Ques. What important topics should be studied to score well in English section?
Ans. Important topics from the English section are Reading and Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Para Jumble and Completion, Fact Inference Judgement, Grammar and Vocabulary, Fill in the Blanks.
Ques. The details mentioned on my Admit card are not correct. How can the correction be made?
Ans. in case there is any discrepancy in the admit card of UPESMET 2020, contact the officials at http://www.upes.ac.in or 9811170474
UPESMET Free Practice Papers. Download here
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College