University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun, conducts UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET) every year for admissions to its various Management programs. The UPES Management Entrance Test 2018 will be held on March 11, 2018. The last date to apply is March 5, 2018. Check Here UPESMET 2018 Application Form
UPES offers unique industry-focused graduate, post graduate and doctoral programs in key areas such as Energy, Infrastructure, Transportation, Information Technology, Design, Public Policy and Legal studies.
Candidate must score above 70 percentile of CAT/XAT score or 75 percentile in MAT/CMAT to be the part of admission process. The university grants permission for admission based on NMAT/ CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ GMAT which is followed be Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Read More UPESMET 2018 Exam Pattern
List of MBA courses offered by UPES:
- Oil & Gas Management
- Energy Trading
- Power Management
- Aviation Management
- Port & Shipping Management
- Real Estate, Infrastructure and Smart Cities
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- International Business Management
- Business Analytics in academic collaboration with IBM
- Human Resources Management / Marketing Management / Financial & Accounting Management / Operations Management
Exam Dates For UPESMET 2018
The GD/PI will be held in Delhi, Dehradun, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai
|Release of UPESMET Application Form 2018||January 10, 2018|
|Last date to fill UPESMET Application Form 2018||March 15, 2018|
|UPESMET 2018 Admit Card||March 7, 2018|
|UPESMET 2018 Exam Date (Offline)||March 11, 2018|
|UPESMET 2018 Result||Last week of March|
UPESMET 2018 Eligibility
- The candidate must have scored minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (Class X and XII).
- The candidate must be a Graduate in any subject with minimum 50% marks from a recognized University.
- Candidates who have MAT, CMAT, XAT, CAT, NMAT and GMAT scores of either the same or previous year, are exempted from taking UPESMET 2018.
- Candidates in their final year of qualifying exam are also eligible for UPESMET 2018 provided they can present the passing certificate by the time of admission.
UPESMET 2018 Exam Pathways
Admissions are granted through two pathways:
- Examination pathway: Candidates who appear in UPESMET.
- Non-examination pathway: Candidates who qualify through MAT, CMAT, XAT, CAT, NMAT and GMAT scores.
Up to 50% of the seats will be filled through non-examination pathway category students. There is a provision of 15% reservation for Uttarakhand residents.
Candidate selected in the above two categories will have to face Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds for final admission.
UPESMET 2018 Application Form
The application form is available at https://goo.gl/EM7chi
Currently, admission through Non - Examination Pathway – CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT/NMAT by GMAC/GMAT is underway. Candidates having MAT 2018 scores of September 2017 exam can apply.
The online application form can be downloaded from the official website. The last date to apply for UPESMET is March 5,2018.
Aspirants have the choice to apply offline too by obtaining the hard copy of the application form.
- Click on the link mentioned for application on the UPES homepage
- Sign up with a valid Gmail ID to access the Prospectus
- Fill in the valid details and submit
- On submission, the candidate will receive an email
- The email will contain a link, which the candidate needs to click to verify registration and activate his/her account on the UPES website
- Once you the candidate has been verified, fill the form online and make the payment online only.
Application fees of INR 1850 is to be paid on online basis. Please note that you must check all the details once before submitting as editing is not allowed once the form is submitted. The candidates are advised to download a copy of the form submitted for future reference.
Application fee of INR 1850 DD/credit/debit cards or net banking. However, you may pay through cash which amounts to INR 1750.
The candidates can download the prospectus online or purchase it from admission counters located in Dehradun, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Kolkata.
UPESMET 2018 Admit Card
Admit Cards are released after March 7, 2018. Candidates to download admit card from the official website of UPES. Check the details mentioned in the admit card to find discrepancy if any. Candidate make sure a passport size photograph should be pasted on the admit card before entering the exam hall. One may not be allowed to give the exam in such cases.
UPESMET 2018 Exam Pattern
UPESMET 2018 will have 140 questions comprising of below mentioned 4 sections of 35 marks each:
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||35 marks|
|Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||35 marks|
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario||35 marks|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||35 marks|
Each section will carry 35 MCQs with 1 mark each.
UPESMET 2018 Syllabus
UPESMET tests the aspirants mainly based on English, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and Analytical Reasoning.
The candidates must prepare for UPESMET 2018 in the following topics:
UPESMET 2018 syllabus for Quantitative Ability:
|Number System||Modern Mathematics||Higher Maths|
|LCM||Arithmetic Progression||Arithmetic Mean|
|Geometric Progression||Geometric Mean||Harmonic Mean|
|Ratio and Proportion||Percentage||Average|
|Partnership||Time, Speed, Distance||Work and Time|
|Profit and Loss||Instalments and Payments||Partnership|
|Clocks||Work and Time||Pipe and Cisterns|
|Lines||Angles and Triangles||Cubes and Cone|
UPESMET 2018 syllabus for Data Interpretation:
|Pie Chart||Bar Graph||Line Graph|
|Tables||Combination of Graphs||Caselet|
UPESMET 2018 syllabus for Logical Reasoning
|Data Arrangement||Seating Arrangement||Blood Relations|
|Family Tree||Venn Diagram||Matching Puzzles|
|Constraint Based Puzzles||Syllogism||Proposition|
|Clocks and Calendars||Sets|
UPESMET 2018 syllabus for English
|Reading and Comprehension||Sentence Correction||Para Jumble and Completion|
|Fact Inference Judgement||Grammar and Vocabulary||Fill in the Blanks|
UPESMET 2018 Results
UPESMET exam is held several times from the month of April to July, therefore results will be announced separately for each. One must follow the steps given below to access the result:
- Log on to UPES website
- Go to UPES MET 2018 page
- Click on the month of exam
- Click on result section
- Enter login credentials
- Check score card
- Download scorecard by clicking on ‘download’
UPESMET 2018 score card will contain the candidate’s name, roll number, sectional scores and overall score.
Immediately after the announcement of the result, schedule of GD/PI will be announced. Selective candidates and the candidates who applied through non-examination pathway are to report the Dehradun campus for GD/PI round. In case, any candidate does not show up, the seat will be offered to the next best candidate.
Documents to carry for GD/PI:
- UPESMET 2018 score card
- UPESMET 2018 payment acknowledgement slip
- Class 10 marksheet (original and photocopy)
- Class 12 marksheet (original and photocopy)
- Graduation marksheet (original and photocopy)
- Migration certificate (original and photocopy)
- Transfer Certificate (original and photocopy)
- Valid photo ID (original and photocopy)
- Address proof (original and photocopy)
- Other relevant documents (original and photocopy)
|MBA Port & Shipping Management / Aviation Management / Urban Infrastructure & Smart Cities / Business Analytics/ MBA General Management with Specialization in HR / Operations / Mkt / Finance)||Minimum MAT/CMAT score of 75 Percentile|
Minimum CAT/XAT score of 70 percentiles
|MBA Oil & Gas Management / Logistics & Supply Chain Management / Power Management / Energy Trading / International Business||Minimum MAT/CMAT score of 80 Percentile|
Minimum CAT/XAT score of 75 percentiles
NOTE: NMAT Score - Minimum required score will be updated after declaration of NMAT Result
UPESMET 2018 Contact Information
5% seats in each program for 25% tuition fee waiver in 1st semester.
- Minimum 80 percentile in CAT/XAT
- Minimum 90 percentile in MAT, NMAT, UPESMET & CMAT.
- Scholarships on limited seats will be provided after the classes commence.
- Candidates who are securing above percentages must fill the form of UPES Application.
- The valid percentiles are only eligible for the scholarship program.
- In the absence of relevant documents, scholarship will not be provided.
- The final decision for scholarships lies with the scholarship committee who has the right to change the policy at any point of time.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College