WBJECA 2018 Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern, Result
Joint Entrance Examination for admissions to Master of Computer Applications (JECA), is conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEM). The exam is a gateway for admissions to MCA courses offered by colleges in the state of West Bengal. WBJECA 2018 is scheduled for June 23, 27.
WBJECA 2018 Registration commenced on March 08. The last date to fill the online application form is April 02, 2018. Interested candidates can fill the form by paying an application fee of INR 500/-.
- WB JECA consists of 150 objective-type questions of 1 mark each. The duration of the test is 3 hours.
- The paper has 2 sections- Mathematics (100 questions), & Aptitude (50 questions).
- WBJEE JECA Results and merit list will be declared on the official website of the exam by WBJEEB in the second week of July 2018.
Highlights of WBJECA 2018
|Exam Name||West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam MCA|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Computer based|
|Duration of Exam||180 minutes|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Type and Number of Questions||150 MCQs|
|Sections||4 sections - Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and General English|
|WBJECA 2018 Helpdesk||1800-1023-781, 1800-3450-050|
WBJECA 2018 Important Dates
The list of important details about the JECA 2018 is given below.
|Commencement of Online Registration||March 08, 2018|
|Last date to Apply||April 02, 2018|
|Last date to download Confirmation Page||April 05, 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||June 13, 2018|
|Exam Date||June 23, 2018|
|Declaration of Result||Second week of July, 2018 (Tentative)|
WBJECA 2018 Eligibility
Aspirants must ensure that they meet the WBJECA Eligibility before applying for the exam. The criterion for each institute is different. The various criteria accepted by different institutes are stated below:
- The applicant should be an Indian national.
- There is no age limit to appear for the exam.
- There no stated limit on the number of times a candidate can appear for the exam.
- The aspirant must have a Bachelor’s (UGC/AICTE recognized) degree of minimum 3 years duration except BBA with Mathematics at graduate or 10+2 level.
- Minimum qualifying marks for general category is 50% and 45% for reserved category candidates.
- A Bachelor’s degree (UGC recognized) with aggregate of 60% for general category (45% for SC/ST) or BCA-AICTE recognized with aggregate of 60% for general and 45% for SC/ST category in Mathematics.
- Aspirants must also secure 60% aggregate in 10, 10+2 level and Mathematics, 45% each for SC/ST category.
- UGC recognized any Graduate degree or AICTE recognized B.E/ B.Tech/ BCA degree.
- In addition to this, aspirants must have Mathematics at each level with 60% aggregate (45% for SC/ST/OBC).
- UGC recognized B.Sc degree in any discipline with 60% aggregate (45% for reserved category) and 55% aggregate in Mathematics.
- Aspirants must also secure 60% marks in 10, 10+2 level and Mathematics at each level.
Read More about WB JECA 2018 Eligibility
WBJECA 2018 Application Form
WBJECA Application Form filling began from March 8, 2018. The last date to fill the online application form is April 02, 2018.
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website wbjeeb.in
- Click on “JECA”
- Click on “Online Application Form JECA 2018”
- Click on “New Candidate Registration”
- Click on “I agree and Proceed” on the instructions page
- Register by filling in your Name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email, Password and Security question
- Click on Submit.
- An application number will be generated.
Step 2: Application Form filling
- After registering, click on Fill in Application Form
- Fill in the following details asked in the application form:
- Personal Details- Gender, Category, Religion, Nationality, etc.
- Communication Details-Address, State, City, etc.
- Academic Details- Year of Passing, Name of University, Marks scored etc.
- Click on Save & Next
Step 3: Uploading the Documents
Candidates are required to upload the scanned images of the documents mentioned in the table below:
|Photograph of the candidate||10 – 100kb||4x3cm||.jpg or JPEG|
|Signature of the candidate||3 – 30kb||4x1.5cm||.jpg or JPEG|
Step 4: Payment of Application fee
- WB JECA 2018 Application fee is of INR 500/- for candidates of all categories.
- The application fee can only be paid online using Netbanking/ Debit card/ Credit card.
Read More about WBJECA 2018 Registration
WBJECA 2018 Admit Card
- WBJECA 2018 Admit Card will be available for download from June 13, 2018.
- It can only be downloaded from the official website. No admit cards will be sent to candidates by post. Steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Go on the official website wbjeeb.nic.in
- Login using valid credentials
- Download admit card and check for any discrepancies
- Take a print out if all details are correct
- If any candidate receives any SMS/email regarding discrepancy in the photograph/signature uploaded by him/her, take corrective action immediately within one day.
- Admit must be preserved till the end of the counselling procedure.
|Information mentioned on the admit card|
|Name of candidate||Address of examination center|
|Candidate’s father and mother name||Date of examination|
|Candidate’s date of birth||Timing of examination|
|Photograph of candidate||Roll number|
|Signature of candidate||Registration number|
Read More about WBJECA 2018 Admit Card
WBJECA 2018 Exam Centers
WB JECA 2018 will be conducted in 16 cities across the North-Eastern part of the country.
|WBJECA 2018 Exam Cities|
WBJECA 2018 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- JECA is a three hour long computer based test. WBJECA Exam Pattern comprises two papers - Mathematics and Aptitude based test.
- For the first two hours, only Paper-1 will remain enabled and during the last one hour, only Paper-2 will remain enabled in the computer.
Paper - 1: Mathematics (100 marks)
- This paper will be of 100 marks and will be of two hours.
- Students would be required to answer 100 MCQs (each bearing 1 marks) online.
- 1/4 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Paper – 2: Aptitude test (50 marks)
- Part 2 will be of 50 questions of 1 marks each.
- For any questions answered incorrectly, 1/4 marks will be deducted.
- All questions will be MCQ type and has to be answered online in a duration of one hour.
|Mode of JECA 2018||Online|
|Sections in exam||2|
|Number of questions in Mathematics||100|
|Number of questions in Aptitude||50|
|Total number of questions||150|
|Duration of exam||2+1 hour|
|Medium of language||English|
WBJECA 2018 Mathematics Syllabus
- Analytical Geometry: Cartesian and polar coordinate, Straight line, Circle, Ellipse; Parabola, Hyperbola, Translation & Rotation of axes.
- Algebra : De Moiver’s theorem, Complex numbers, Solution of linear equations, Matrices, Determinants, Summation of signal series, Addition of vectors, Scalar and Vector products, Inequation, Sets and elements, Universal set, Empty set, Subsets, Venn diagram, Union and intersection of sets, Complements, Algebra of sets, Finite sets, Class of sets, Partitions, Cross product, Group, Ring and Field.
- Calculus: Limit, Continuity, Differentiation, Maxima & minima, Taylor & Maclaruin’s Series: Definite and indefinite integrals, First and second order differential equation, Functions of several variables, Partial differentiation.
- Probability & Statistics: Permutations and Combination, Probability and Probability distribution, Mean Median and Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation of coefficient.
WBJECA 2018 Aptitude Syllabus
- Reasoning, Data interpretation, Discrete Quantitative Analysis Problem Solving, Quantitative Comparison
Read More about WB JECA 2018 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
WBJECA 2018 Result
- The Result for JECA 2018 will be declared in the second week of July.
- Result of WB JECA 2018 will be available in the form of score cards.
- The result can be download from the official website wbjeeb.nic.in. Steps to download WBJECA 2018 Score Card:
- Go to the official website of WBJECA 2018
- Login using username and password
- View/download scorecard
- Print scorecard
- The score cards will be available online only and no hard copy will be sent to the applicants.
- The score cards will specify the marks of candidates in both the papers and their ranks.
- WBJEEB will publish a general merit list after the declaration of result.
- It will be based on the marks scored by the aspirants and their ranks.
- Separate merit list for the reserved category will also be published but only the general merit list will be considered for counselling and admission.
WBJECA 2018 Counselling
- After declaration of the merit list, qualified candidates must appear for the JECA 2018 Counselling.
- The counselling process will be conducted by the respective institutes and will start in the month of July 2018.
- A notification with details of counselling, seat allotment and admission will be published on the official website.
- Aspirants must attend the counselling session in order of merit and rank.
- If the aspirant remains absent, their seat will be offered to the next eligible candidate.
- Candidates should be present in person and no representative on their behalf will be entertained.
- Applicants should also bring the necessary documents for verification.
- Candidates will be offered seats based on merit and choice of college after scrutiny of their certificates.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College