Table of Contents
XIC OET 2020 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
XIC OET as Xavier’s Institute of Communications Online Entrance Test, is an entrance test being conducted by Xavier’s Institute of Communications, Mumbai. The institute conducts this test to provide admission to various postgraduate courses being offered by it in the field of mass communication. XIC OET 2020 is tentatively conducted from April 22 to May 21, 2020.
|XIC OET Eligibility||XIC OET Exam Center||XIC OET Exam Pattern|
- Only those students are eligible for admission who have completed their three years of Graduation in any stream such as Arts, Commerce, Science, Computers, BMS, BE, Catering, etc. approved by the university.
- Candidates can fill the XIC OET application form from April 01, 2020 in online mode.
- Students must bring the admit card while appearing for the entrance test. Admit card is a mandatory document.
- XIC OET 2020 consists of two sections. The first section contains objective type questions and the second section contains subjective questions.
- Total time duration to complete the entrance test is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Those students who have successfully clear the entrance test can check their XIC OET result.
XIC OET 2020 Highlights
|Conducting Body||Xavier Institute of Communications|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of XIC OET Entrance Exam||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Eligibility||Must have completed three years bachelor’s degree such as Arts, Commerce, Science, Computers, BMS, BE, Catering etc|
|Courses Offered||Communication for Development, Journalism and Mass Communication, Public Relations and Corporate Communication, Advertising and Marketing Communication, and Film, Television and Digital Video Production|
XIC OET 2020 Exam Dates
College is responsible for publishing the exam dates on its official website. Students must regularly check the college website to check the latest updates. The following table shows all the important dates related to the various events conducted:
|Availability of Application form||April 01, 2020|
|Last date for the submission of Application form||May 20, 2020|
|Admit card will be released on||April 2020|
|XIC OET 2020 Examination date||April 22, to May 21, 2020|
|Declaration of Final Result||June 01, 2020|
|Display of Waiting List||June 12, 2020|
|Group Discussion and Personal Interview||June 2020|
XIC OET 2020 Eligibility
Students need to meet their eligibility criteria if they want to take admission in diploma programmes offered at Xavier Institute of Communications. If student’s eligibility criteria did not match, then their candidature will be cancelled.
Following is the detailed explanation of XIC OET 2020 eligibility criteria:
- Candidate should be an Indian Citizen.
- Students must have completed their three years of Graduation from any stream such as Arts, Commerce, Science, BMS, BE, Catering etc that is approved by the university.
- Age of the candidate must be 35 years or below can apply for the entrance exam.
- Students who are appearing in the final year can also apply for admission
XIC OET 2020 Application Form
Students can download the application form through online mode only. It cannot be obtained through any other offline mode. Students who have successfully completed and submitted the application form can appear for the entrance test.
Following steps help students to fill XIC OET 2020 Application Form:
- Visit the official website of Xavier Institute of Communications
- Go to the application form tab and click on it.
- Choose the Online Entrance Test 2020.
- Choose the course and fill the application form by entering all the details such as candidate’s name, address, phone, email ID, and other educational qualification details.
- Students have to also upload the scanned copy of photo and signature on the application form
- Click on the Next button
- Now, students have to pay the application fees of amount INR 3,000 including 14% service tax.
- The application fees can be paid through online mode only i.e. via Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- Students are advised to download and take the printout of filled in application form for future reference.
XIC OET 2020 Admit Card
Admit card is a very important document. Without admit card students cannot appear for the entrance examination. Admit card contains the information related to candidate’s details and examination details. Students are advised to carefully check all the details written on the admit card before downloading it.
The admit card for XIC OET will be sent to the students on their registered email ID. No separate admit card will be issued to any candidate. Students are advised to keep the admit card safe till the admission process ends.
Following is the list of details published on XIC OET Entrance Test 2020 Admit card:
- Name of the Candidate
- Candidate’s Signature
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Test related information
- Examination Venue
- Test Time and Date
- Counselling related information
XIC OET 2020 Exam Center
Students can select the examination center of their preference at the time of filling online application form. Once the examination center is selected cannot be changed later. The following is the list of locations of various examination centers:
- New Delhi
XIC OET 2020 Exam Pattern
Students must know the examination pattern before appearing in the entrance test. They are advised to solve the previous year paper so that they come to know about the type of questions and marking scheme.
Following is the detailed explanation XIC OET 2020 Examination pattern:
- Total time duration to complete the entrance examination is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- XIC OET 2020 consists of two sections. The first section contains objective type questions and the second section contains subjective type questions.
- Objective questions are of total 100 marks which have to be completed in 1 hour
- Subjective questions are of total 50 marks which have to be completed in 30 minutes.
- Objective questions are asked from the subjects such as Language Skills, General Knowledge and Knowledge of Media, Logical and Analytical Skills
- The second section contains a total of 3 questions which are media related and are asked to assess creativity, social values, writing skills etc.
The following table shows the details of XIC OET 2020 Exam Pattern:
Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Maximum Marks||150 Marks|
|Duration of Exam||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||2 (Objective and Subjective)|
XIC OET 2020 Syllabus
There is not any syllabus specified by the Xavier Institute of Communication for XIC OET entrance test. Candidates have to go through the below-mentioned topics to perform well in the entrance test. XIC OET 2020 will comprise following sections:
- In this section, language ability of the candidate will be tested. Questions will be asked from the topics related to Spellings, Singular, Plural, Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitutes etc.
General Knowledge and Knowledge of Media
- In this section, candidate’s aptitude will be tested related to the general knowledge and current affairs awareness questions. Students need to be updated with Political, Social and Economic Happening of the country and abroad.
Logical and Analytical Skills
- In this section, students should practice the questions from the topics like Series, Blood Relations, Directions, Critical Reasoning, Syllogism and Analogy.
XIC OET 2020 Selection Process
Student’s selection in the particular course is based on the Group Discussion/ Personal Interview/ Skype Interview. Those students who qualify for the Skype Video Interview/ Personal Interview will be intimated by the test supervisor immediately on the completion of online test.
Candidates will have to wait for at least an added hour till the Skype video takes place. Depending on the course students need to appear for either group discussion or interview.
The following table shows the selection process of different courses:
|Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication||XIC OET|
|Personal Interview/ Skype Interview|
|Diploma in Public Relations & Corporate Communications||XIC OET|
|Diploma in Advertising & Marketing Communication||XIC OET|
|Diploma in Film, Television & Digital Video Production||XIC OET|
Students clearing their XIC OET entrance test from Delhi center will have their Group Discussion/ Personal Interview at Delhi Center itself.
XIC OET 2020 Result
Students can check the result through online mode only. It cannot be checked through any other offline mode. To view the result, students need to enter their registration number on the official website. The result will be declared in the month of June 2020. After the completion of the examination, the result will be published on the official website.
For the courses where skype interview is conducted, a list of finally selected candidates will be published on the official website of the XIC. By following below steps, students can easily check XIC OET 2020 Result:
- Visit the official website of Xavier Institute of Communication
- Search for the link i.e. Entrance Test Result 2020-19 and click on it
- Now students have to enter their Registration Number
- Click on the Submit button
After clicking on the button, the result will be displayed on the student’s computer screen. Students are advised to download and take the printout of the result for future reference.
XIC OET 2020 Counselling
All the students will be called for counselling, who have successfully cleared the entrance examination for their final selection. Counselling comprises group discussion round and personal interview round. Depending on the course, candidates need to appear for either a Group Discussion round or an interview round.
Students have to bring the following list of documents while appearing for the examination for verification:
- Class 10 Mark-sheet
- Class 12 Mark-sheet
- Graduation certificate of the qualifying examination
- Migration Certificate
- Admit Card of XIC OET 2020
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Class 10 pass certificate for verification of age
- In case result is awaited, evidence of appearing in qualifying exams
- Self-attested photocopies of all the documents
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College