Master in Robotics in Germany: Everything You Need to Know
With a span of 2 years and fees ranging from 5,000-20,000 euro, Master in Robotics in Germany aims at teaching students to be proficient in learning the foundation of robotics. Germany is a hub of worldwide levelled universities and that is evident from universities like Technical University of Munich, RWTH Aachen University dwelling there. Germany’s universities are among the toppers when engineering is concerned.
- GRE/GMAT score and a bachelor's degree in relevant fields is required to apply for a Master's in Robotics in Germany.
- Average cost of living in Germany is 833 EUR per month.
- You can earn upto 54,000 EUR per year after completion of MS in Robotics in Germany.
Why Study Robotics in Germany?
- Germany is a hub of world-class universities among which the Technical University of Munich ranks 55 (worldwide ranking) which with its state of the art structure has grabbed students from all over the world.
- According to the International Federation of Robotics, in Germany, the employment growth has escalated by 1% and digitalization will even pull it up by 1.8% by 202.
- A person who has attained a master's in robotics in Germany will earn 29% more than a bachelor’s.
- According to the International Federation of Robotics (IFR), the worldwide approximation for industrial robots per 10,000 manufacturing workers climbed from 66 in 2015 to 85 in 2017.
Why Study in Germany
- According to a survey, 69.2% of international students opt for Germany even after finishing their degrees
- 35.3% of students have focused on the fact that Germany offers negligible/no fees degrees - which is a plus.
- You’ll be dwelling in a place that is home to over 400 educational institutions among which 106 are universities.
- You will be able to opt for any kind of course.
- You will be able to visit Europe for free with your visa.
- Economical living
- Not to forget, the visa acceptance rate is 92%
Top Universities offering Master in Robotics in Germany
The following table will provide an insight towards the top universities offering MS in Robotics in Germany along with their fees and other details:
|University||Course specifications||Fees (in Euros)||Rankings (Global)||Application Dates|
|Technical University of Munich (TUM)||M.Sc. in Robotics, Cognition, and Intelligence||12,940 overall||55||Winter semester: January to April;|
Summer semester: September to November
|RWTH AACHEN University||MS in Construction and Robotics||Free||651||Winter: August-September;|
|Leibniz Universitat Hannover||M.Sc in Mechatronics and Robotics||809.3 for 2 years||751||Winter: June-July;|
|Technische Universitat Dortmund||M.Sc in Automation and Robotics||304.87 per semester||351||February-March|
|RWTH International Academy, Aachen||M.Sc in Robotics Systems Engineering||4,500 per semester||-||December-March|
About the Course: Course Curriculum with Areas of Focus
If you have a desire to learn the techniques of how robotics will be a considerable part of mankind then this course is for you. This course aims at the evolution of robotics, their access to different spheres of the lives of people, how they are replacing workers in factories and more.
After this course, one will have a precise understanding of how robotics functions and how they can be put to use to ease everyday work. Moreover, a probe into robotics will also preach the student with mechanical and electrical engineering in a comprehensive manner. Image processing, artificial intelligence, signal processing, data analysis will be your go-to terms.
The student must possess an imaginative mind along with the power of abstraction. Apart from that, a competent technical mind having a keen interest in mathematics and logic is a prerequisite.
Areas of Focus:
|Automotive mechatronics||Signal processing and automation|
|Industrial and medical robotics||Systems engineering|
|Medical device technology||Propulsion and motion technology|
|Robotics- mobile systems||Micro Production technology|
Admission Process for Master in Robotics in Germany
This section will give you detailed information about the admission process and the highlights.
Documents Required for Master in Robotics in Germany
- Online application to be uploaded duly signed and on time
- Degree certificates, grade cards, and transcripts of the degrees till date
- Transcript of records
- Proof of German Proficiency (wherever needed)
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Letter of Motivation
- Complete and updated resume
- Letter of Recommendation
Eligibility for MS in Robotics in Germany
Minimum requirements for applying to master in robotics in Germany are:
|University||Academic Requirements||IELTS scores||TOEFL scores||Additional Requirements|
|Technical University of Munich (TUM)||Pass the Aptitude assessment for the master's test.||6.5||88||GMAT: Must be higher than 600|
|RWTH AACHEN University||First university degree or undergraduate degree.||5.5||90||-|
|Leibniz Universitat, Hannover||Undergraduate degree in Power Engineering or Mechatronics||6||79||-|
|Technische Universitat, Dortmund||Bachelor’s degree in engineering or natural sciences or computer science||7||CBT: 243, PBT: 590, IBT: 95||GRE: Min 60% in all sections|
|RWTH International Academy, Aachen||B.Sc./ B.Tech./ B.Eng.||5.5||90||1-year work experience|
Cost of Studying Master in Robotics in Germany
This comprises pre-arrival and post-arrival costs. The cost of living and tuition fees is part of the post-arrival cost.
A list of expenses included in the pre-arrival cost is provided below:
|Type of Expenses||Cost (in EUR)|
|German Student Visa Fee||75|
Cost of Living in Germany
Germany is a comparatively affordable place to live in if compared to the US. For this year 2020, one will spend roughly 853 EUR a month.
Finding the Right Place to Stay
- Sorting the right place to live in will save you a lot of money.
- The south of Germany is stated to be the most high-end one with Munich and Stuttgart dwelling there.
- This is quite evident with the price of a one-room bedroom in Stuttgart which is approximately around 846.43 EUR whereas the same will cost 560 EUR in the Northern Bremen.
- Berlin, the capital city is also not on the pricey side with its one-bedroom apartment costing around 795 EUR.
- Frankfurt is a very lucky place for, one will actually get themselves a one-room apartment that too in the midst of the city for only 250 EUR.
Finding the Right Place to Eat
Restaurant meals will cost a couple around 45 EUR but in the case of minor ones, it will even be lessened to 8-14 EUR. The prices of food cannot be termed as costly compared to the other European countries, with white bread (500 g) priced at 1.24 euros, milk (1 l) at 0.71, and alike.
Finding the Right Transportation to Commute
Going to bicycles is the best option in Germany for public transports are majorly crowded during the rush hours. The bus tickets cost around 2 euros and a monthly ticket will cost around 70 euros.
Scholarships for Master in Robotics in Germany
While it is really fortunate to get through a top university for pursuing MS in Robotics in Germany, the fees and funding factor sets the majority of the people uneasy. But here we have covered most of the top technical universities who offer some comprehensive scholarships for international students in Germany:
|Technical University of Munich||Deutschlandstipendium: the German National Scholarship at TUM||Currently enrolled graduates possessing university entrance certificates from Germany or abroad.|
Physically handicapped candidates or students from minority status are prioritized.
|300 per month|
|Scholarships for International Students||One - time fund; To be reapplied every time; Provided to the ones not eligible for BAfoeG;|
Who can apply:
Or 2nd semester of their master’s;
Limited household income
|Leibniz Universitat Hannover||One-Off Grants ("Einmalige Beihilfen")||Only for international students from Non-EU countries;|
Enrolled in one of the following semesters of their master’s degree;
50% of credits must be completed;
|Degree Completion Grant ("Studienabschlussbeihilfe")||It caters to international students having financial difficulties.||Varies|
|Government||The German Academic Exchange Service||Roughly 215 scholarships are offered to the students pursuing all kinds of degrees;|
Assists over 100,00 students as well as researcher; Offered to financially feeble ones
|Erasmus+||Caters to international students wanting to study in Europe.||291|
Jobs after Master in Robotics in Germany
It is reportedly stated robots will escalate the productivity in all the sectors and it will in fact restructure the supply chain management. A graduate in robotics has numerous opportunities laid before them and that is evident from their incorporation in the aviation, aerospace, microelectronics, consumer electronics, biomedical engineering and automotive sector.
Let us now dig into the designations as well as the average salaries offered to them while working in Germany:
|Designations||Monthly Salary (EUR)||Designations||Monthly Salary (EUR)|
|Robotics engineer||11,600||Mechatronics engineer||9760|
|Robotics technician||10,400||Avionic system support engineer||9600|
|Automation engineer||11,500||Maintenance engineer||9600|
|Design engineer||10,700||Mechanical and electrical engineer||11600|
Top recruiters for Master in Robotics in Germany are:
|KION Group||Rockwell Automation|
Germany is a place displaying a diverse culture and heritage. With so many international students coming to study, it has become a dwelling of diversified people and they all live in peace.