Calcutta University Draft Merit List Released for MSc Ag, B Tech, MSc, MA Courses on November 18

Durgesh Rai logo

Durgesh Rai

Content Curator


Calcutta University has issued provisional merit list for MSc Ag, B Tech, and MSc MA on November 18. Applicants can download the merit list on November 21 via official website caluniv.ac.in.

Calcutta University prepares the merit list on the basis of score in the entrance exam of the last qualifying exam. Against the draft merit list, candidates can raise disputes. After the date to dispute the draft merit list is over, the final merit list will be released and applicants will need to report to the intimated center for counselling and document verification.

Read More: Calcutta University Courses and Fees

Calcutta University: Steps to Check Merit List

Applicants can check the ranks they’ve achieved in the merit list by following these steps.

  • Visit the official website of Calcutta University; caluni.ac.in
  • Select the course that you’ve applied for and click on it
  • Click on the result and then open the merit list
  • To find yourself in the merit list, you can use the search option
  • Now you can check your marks and rank

Read More: Calcutta University Scholarships

Calcutta University: Admission Procedure

Applicants will be allotted seats and selected on the basis of the criteria as mentioned below.

MSc/MA

For these courses, 60% of the seats will be reserved for applicants from Calcutta University and their admission will be done on the basis of marks secured in the last qualifying exam. The rest of the 40% seats will be kept reserved for the rest of the University and Non-University candidates. Their admission will be done on the basis of marks secured in the entrance exam. 

B Tech

For B Tech courses, applicants will need to appear for the WBJEE exam. On the basis of the score and rank secured in WBJEE, allotment of seats will be done. Applicants will need to fill in their choice of college and course in the application form. 

Read More: WBJEE 2020 Cut-Off

Calcutta University: Allotment

The result of the seat allotment will be released by the university on the website. Qualified applicants will be allotted seats according to their preference and will then need to head to the counselling centers to finish the formalities and pay the admission fee.

There will be three rounds of allotment and applicants will need to wait for the next list in case his name is missing from the previous ones. 

Read More: Calcutta University Affiliated Colleges

Category:College