CAT 2020: IIM Indore Extends Last Date for Registration, Check Changes in CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
In a late-night announcement made on September 15, 2020, IIM Indore extended the last date for filling CAT 2020 application. According to the announcement, the revised last date for CAT 2020 Registration is September 23, 2020 instead of September 16, 2020.
Candidates who want to apply for IIM CAT 2020 exam can do so by visiting the official website @iimcat.ac.in. CAT 2020 is scheduled to be conducted on November 29, 2020 (Sunday).
According to the announcement the decision was made because of the difficulty faced by candidates in procuring their certificates and other required documentation for timely registration.
Changes in CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Along with the change in registration date, as a response to disruptions caused by COVID-19, IIMs also made changes in the CAT 2020 Exam Pattern.
- Registration Deadline: CAT 2020 Registration will now close at 5 PM on September 23, 2020. There will be no further extension provided for filling the CAT application form.
- CAT 2020 Application Fee: There has been an increase in the CAT application fee. For the General Category, the fee has been increased from Rs 1,900 to Rs. 2,000 while for SC/ST/ PwD candidates, the fee hike is from Rs. 950 to Rs. 1,000.
- Registration Form Edit Window: In case a student requires corrections in their CAT application, they can make the changes in a very short edit window that would be opened for candidates who have paid the fees. Changes will only be possible in fields of:
- Test City Preferences
- Selection of Test Cities: Candidates can select upto six cities for allotment of CAT 2020 exam center instead of just four.
- Number of Sessions: CAT 2020 will be conducted on November 29, 2020 in three sessions instead of two.
- Exam Duration: CAT 2020 will be a 120-minute test instead of 180 minutes.
- Sectional Time Limitation: A time limit of 40 minutes for each of the three sections would be there. The three sections include:
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability
- Students won’t be able to switch from one section to the other while answering one section
- Tutorials to understand the new format will be available on the official website from October 2020. Students can work on the tutorials to be able to understand the new format.
- COVID-19 and Possible Disruptions: Because of the pandemic, the CAT schedule is subjected to the decisions and guidelines issued by the Central and State Governments and IIMs. Students must therefore keep a track of the updates available on the website.
Students have been advised to register well in advance for CAT 2020 to avoid any last-minute hassles. The official CAT website would be updated by September 20, 2020 to reflect the changes in the exam pattern announced.