Books are really important when it comes to preparing for any exam. While preparing for TISSNET 2020, it is very important to refer to the right kind of books. The most essential thing is to learn the basic concept. If you can learn the basic concepts from these materials, half of the battle is won. Until now, you must have read books from a number of sources. Here, we list down some specific books that give you accurate hints of the questions to expect in TISSNET.
Which books to refer for TISSNET?
Standard and quality books are required for an added advantage. The following books are usually referred for TISSNET preparation.
Analytical and Numerical Ability
This section needs a preparation similar to the Quant section of CAT. However, the level of questions in TISS is easy as compared to CAT.
- The comprehensive guide to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude is ‘How to Prepare Quantitative Aptitude for CAT’ by Arun Sharma.
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal.
- You can also refer any MBA entrance material for Quantitative Aptitude.
- The best book you can buy for logical reasoning is A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- How to prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT by Arun Sharma
- Another small book for practicing Data Interpretation is An Advanced Approach to Data Interpretation by RS Aggarwal.
- You can also get basics of Data Interpretation in the book Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal.
- Another good book for practice is How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT by Arun Sharma
- A very good book for properly learning the basics and shortcuts for data interpretation is a book by Arihant publication Accredited Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency.
This section is very easy as compared to CAT verbal ability. The topics are more precise and easy to understand. No need to go for verbal ability of TMH publications.
- For practice of Reading Comprehension the best book you can buy and read is Proficiency in Reading Comprehension Simplifying the “Passage” for you by Ajay Singh.
- Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan Prasad
Any Grammar book you have already read or felt comfortable.
- Word Power Made Essay by Norman Lewis.
- Various words from newspapers which you find difficult.
- Pearson Guide For Verbal Ability by Sujit Kumar
Awareness of General and Social Issues
This is one of the most critical and important sections of TISSNET 2020. Candidates do not get single books for preparing multiple topics of social and general awareness subject of TISS exam. Some of the books are listed below:
- For History, Geography and Science read NCERT from 8 to 12 standard
- For Economics Pratiyogita Darpan Special Economics Issue. This also includes international organizations. It includes various government schemes.
- For Indian Polity refer to Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth. This is the bible of Indian Polity and is a must buy book. One supplementary which is to be referred is The Indian Constitution by PM Bakshi. There are two books of PM Bakshi. Buy the smaller one.
- For current affairs, newspaper is the best source. Candidate can use any current affairs magazine like Chronicle Civil Services or Wizard or Pratiyogita Darpan. But the best source that still remains is newspaper. Search for consolidated current affairs magazine such as Mahendra’s publication
- For Social Issues refer Social Issues and Institutions by Wizard Publication.
- A candidate should also read Manorama Year Book for the latest information.
Read About TISSNET Syllabus
TISSNET 2020 General Tips
Along with the above books, we list down some crucial tips that all the candidates must take note of.
- A candidate should believe in the material he/she is currently reading. Don’t do last-minute preparation by buying everything new.
- The difficulty level of TISSNET 2020 is not so high and candidate has to do the basic study only.
- A candidate should keep revising and practicing his/her study material.
- These are the reference books. A candidate does not have to prepare the topics from start to end from every book. Selected topics can be done wisely from these books.
- Candidates don’t have to buy each and every book referred here. Only buy books which he/she feels are necessary according to their strengths and weaknesses.
Read About TISSNET Paper Analysis